If NBC does can the show then what?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

If NBC does can the show then what?

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:09 pm

OK even though I'm an optimist when it comes to K.R we also have to face the very harsh reality of a cancellation and it is indeed canceled as many fear and others for whatever reason await with enthusiasm what then?

What would there be left to do?

Other than to collect DVDs? And increasingly aging K.R merchandise?

What is left to do when if worst is to happen we are left as nothing more than caterers to a dead and buried franchise?

_K3000_
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: If NBC does can the show then what?

Post by _K3000_ » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:18 pm

Than NBC will lose this fanbase and lots more viewers and they are @&^# stupid :) I think that about sums it up. They will have offcially turned their bakcs on their fanbase and viewers as well :evil:
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Dee_Jay77
Recruit

Post by Dee_Jay77 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:57 pm

You don't wanna know what I'm going to do

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:03 pm

IMO, NBC loses a lot of viewers, and we see what will happen with Glen Larson's project. If KR08 does get canned, it might make TWC think that KR won't be a success. That's what worries me the most about Glen Larson's movie.

It's NBC's fault, and all we can do is point our fingers at the producers and writers for killing KR.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:41 pm

ya know, with jericho they were able to save it from cancellation. but we are only doing a fraction of what they did. KI said they sent NBC 40,000 pounds of peanuts and over 500,000 letters. there is more that could be done for this show.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:53 pm

KITT wrote:ya know, with jericho they were able to save it from cancellation. but we are only doing a fraction of what they did. KI said they sent NBC 40,000 pounds of peanuts and over 500,000 letters. there is more that could be done for this show.
What can we send that can deliver the message and annoy the hell out of them in the process? K.R license plates?

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:49 pm

If they can the show, Knight Rider is finished for the foreseeable future. Glen Larson’s project has and will continue to have my support, but with the way things are currently going in the country, I would think the failure of a Knight Rider series (despite the reasons for it) might make TWC/etc. a bit nervous. But that's just my speculation.

By the way, NBC won't be totally at fault for this series demise.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun Mar 08, 2009 11:04 pm

send kit kats, punk.
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

CrimsonK9
Recruit

Post by CrimsonK9 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:14 am

You know, I though about that this morning. If we're going to send something, "KITT"-kats isn't the worst idea in the world. What do you say?
-
I'm pretty sure they used to - you know - make waffles!
Ooo, Dr.G., pass the syrup!

I speak nine languages AND I have a card that gets me discounts at participating Red Lobster restaurants!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:18 am

KITT wrote:send kit kats, punk.
Somehow something tells me that that would tempt Nestle to make a deal with NBC so they threaten to cancel the show after the end of each season just so Nestle can make a killing and all the NBC employees gets loads of free chocolate! :mrgreen:

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:20 am

oh, and i made a mistake.. they sent them to CBS not NBC :P

CrimsonK9
Recruit

Post by CrimsonK9 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:44 am

Somehow something tells me that that would tempt Nestle to make a deal with NBC so they threaten to cancel the show after the end of each season just so Nestle can make a killing and all the NBC employees gets loads of free chocolate! :mrgreen:[/quote]

Hey, if it results in multiple seasons, I'm completely OK with that. :lol:
-
I'm pretty sure they used to - you know - make waffles!
Ooo, Dr.G., pass the syrup!

I speak nine languages AND I have a card that gets me discounts at participating Red Lobster restaurants!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:57 am

KITT wrote:oh, and i made a mistake.. they sent them to CBS not NBC :P
Oops!

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:58 am

well, jericho is on CBS not NBC.. that was my bad!

Super Flash
Rookie

Post by Super Flash » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:08 am

Hello There Everyone,

What is with this cancellation nonsense? I am getting tired off reading this silliness about the show done and gone. As I asked in a earlier post where is the proof? Tell me where they announced that the show is gone? I am not convinced that Knight Rider is cancelled. Knight Rider has survived before and will live to fight another day. Jericho was a CBS show that was cancelled after the first season then brought back for a second season and then finally cancelled by CBS. Shows like Taxi and Matlock survived on two networks. Matlock run for awhile on NBC and then finished up on ABC and the same with Taxi. Who is to say that if and that is a big if NBC cancells Knight Rider that it won't pop up some where else like Fox, ABC, CBS, or USA Network. USA Network and SCI-FI both showed the reruns of the original Knight Rider and who is to say that won't happen here. I am not gving up here.

As for what I will if the show is cancelled? Go back to what I was doing watching WWE Wrestling, watch my DVD's of Knight Rider, Greatest American Hero, and The A-Team. I have all 17 Episodes of this awesome new version of Knight Rider on my DVR that I can rewatch as well. Yes, I will be disappointed but, what else can you do. I agree that NBC will lose viewers and so forth. But, for right now Knight Rider is not cancelled so, please move on from this. Nobody has announced a thing yet and there is enough going on in the world right to continue this conjecture about a show that is not cancelled at this point in time.

Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa
Knight Rider Lives!!!

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:10 am

Well I guess I will just continue to watch the DVD's of TOS.
However if they don't give the series a fair chance, they they are blind to how big Knight Rider can be.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:25 am

NBC is going to be the killer of a show with a huge fan base and true potential. But at least in the end, we know as fans that it's not our fault, but theirs. Look guys! We got fingers we can point at!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:46 am

Super Flash wrote: Who is to say that if and that is a big if NBC cancells Knight Rider that it won't
pop up some where else like Fox, ABC, CBS, or USA Network. USA Network
and SCI-FI both showed the reruns of the original Knight Rider and who
is to say that won't happen here. I am not gving up here.
I raised much the same question some time ago, I think it was soon after NBC cut the number
of episodes to 17. The thing is, NBC owns the US TV rights to Knight Rider. So, essentially
they'd have to sell the rights for KR to appear on another US TV network like CBS.

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:27 am

then i'll stop watching NBC! ...well, with the exception of Chuck, i love this show too.

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:40 am

i dont know too much about American networks..
but a move to USA would be good and have it run back to back with Burn Notice.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:45 am

Super Flash wrote:Hello There Everyone,

What is with this cancellation nonsense? I am getting tired off reading this silliness about the show done and gone. As I asked in a earlier post where is the proof? Tell me where they announced that the show is gone? I am not convinced that Knight Rider is cancelled. Knight Rider has survived before and will live to fight another day. Jericho was a CBS show that was cancelled after the first season then brought back for a second season and then finally cancelled by CBS. Shows like Taxi and Matlock survived on two networks. Matlock run for awhile on NBC and then finished up on ABC and the same with Taxi. Who is to say that if and that is a big if NBC cancells Knight Rider that it won't pop up some where else like Fox, ABC, CBS, or USA Network. USA Network and SCI-FI both showed the reruns of the original Knight Rider and who is to say that won't happen here. I am not gving up here.

As for what I will if the show is cancelled? Go back to what I was doing watching WWE Wrestling, watch my DVD's of Knight Rider, Greatest American Hero, and The A-Team. I have all 17 Episodes of this awesome new version of Knight Rider on my DVR that I can rewatch as well. Yes, I will be disappointed but, what else can you do. I agree that NBC will lose viewers and so forth. But, for right now Knight Rider is not cancelled so, please move on from this. Nobody has announced a thing yet and there is enough going on in the world right to continue this conjecture about a show that is not cancelled at this point in time.

Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa
Michael, relax. I don't think there is a single person here who hopes, wishes, or believes that KR has been cancelled (we may have our doubts, but we all still have hope).

As for me, If KR doesn't return in the fall, I'm hoping Neps can hook me up with GST to buy one of the show cars. It'll be a heck of a lot cheaper than a brand new real Shelby GT500KR. Of course, I may ask Neps regardless of how many seasons KR does end up being on the air - eventually it'll come to an end... So Neps, please don't go anywhere for a while.
:mrgreen:
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:31 pm

Super Flash wrote:Hello There Everyone,

Thanks and take care,
Michael P. Nepa

Umm.. There is nothing in this thread that says the show is canceled but what as fans could and should we do if the worse does happen.

Being a caterer to a dead and buried franchise if the worst does occur is not my idea of fun... :(

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:17 pm

FLAGCEO wrote:
Michael, relax. I don't think there is a single person here who hopes, wishes, or believes that KR has been cancelled (we may have our doubts, but we all still have hope).

As for me, If KR doesn't return in the fall, I'm hoping Neps can hook me up with GST to buy one of the show cars. It'll be a heck of a lot cheaper than a brand new real Shelby GT500KR. Of course, I may ask Neps regardless of how many seasons KR does end up being on the air - eventually it'll come to an end... So Neps, please don't go anywhere for a while.
:mrgreen:

I just watched Sue's video here on KRO from inside the KI3T stunt car called "KR3" and I've decided that whenever the show ends (whether its this year or in five years), I WANT THAT ONE. So Neps, PLEASE hook me up with GST when the time comes!

:wink:
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

wez
Operative

Post by wez » Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:21 pm

im gonna cry if it gets canned

B.R.O
Recruit

Post by B.R.O » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:12 pm

Personally I'd just think it's a bummer the show got canned , but comfort myself that they atleast didn't make make an even worse second season and screw up the legacy even more.

Feel free to b*ch at me about how negative I am about the new show, but it's pretty bad (with today's standards) and has just simply terrible writers.