I have KI3T's REAL scanner from the show!!!!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Rainack
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: I have KI3T's REAL scanner from the show!!!!

Post by Rainack » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:12 pm

And on top of all of the hours you put into everything for your car, you have time to put together an awesome video like that! You rock, Taoworm! :)
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:02 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:Here is an update on the overall progress of the Knight 3000.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OySbsO5-dSM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That was epic :good:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:38 am

I'm workign on my Mustang KARR Version and my questions are where did you get the scanner from and does it come in Yellow? Once I get my Mustang KRR Done, I would like to do build the Trans AM version. BTW, congrats on your purchase. $4k on a scanner is like buying a used car though.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:01 pm

Taoworm23, I was watching your update on the KI3T voice orb from Saturday (3/21). Question for you - is there a way to get the orb to not go blank (or I guess it's more accurate to call it black?) when it's about to give you an answer? For example, if you ask it a question, once it recognized what you've said, the orb goes blank for a second, and then comes back with the appropriate response.

About the scanner, since Auto Indulgence sold you the scanner light from the pilot (and I'm guessing they may have a few left, since there were 6 mustangs given by Ford to the producers), did they tell you whether they have any left, or whether they can make any new ones?

I'm sure someone has to have a yellow one for KARR...
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:04 pm

FLAGCEO wrote:Taoworm23, I was watching your update on the KI3T voice orb from Saturday (3/21). Question for you - is there a way to get the orb to not go blank (or I guess it's more accurate to call it black?) when it's about to give you an answer? For example, if you ask it a question, once it recognized what you've said, the orb goes blank for a second, and then comes back with the appropriate response.

About the scanner, since Auto Indulgence sold you the scanner light from the pilot (and I'm guessing they may have a few left, since there were 6 mustangs given by Ford to the producers), did they tell you whether they have any left, or whether they can make any new ones?

I'm sure someone has to have a yellow one for KARR...
I found the perfect GT500 on ebay, its has the wheels and hood, the only thing, its needs to change White stripes to the Black............and I want to put the Yellow scanner on also, or wouldnt mind getting one that can change red or yellow so i can check it on my mood :good:

Im kinda surpised taoworm got the scanner, i think the Autoi guy is hard to deal with he gave me different deadlines when the scanner would be offered on ebay(never went up) , the production of the scanner would be out at a certain, still not out.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Hey taoworm2323, do you know where I could find a smaller version of your scanner? I want to get one to put into the grill of my Ford Ranger, and would like to not spend $4200.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:03 am

Slim_Knight wrote:Hey taoworm2323, do you know where I could find a smaller version of your scanner? I want to get one to put into the grill of my Ford Ranger, and would like to not spend $4200.
I am afraid no one makes a smaller version of the scanner. Sorry Slim_Knight.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:59 am

A company called LiteWave makes a product called IceLed...which is what I'm using for my replica.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:10 am

tamatt27 wrote:A company called LiteWave makes a product called IceLed...which is what I'm using for my replica.
I have to say, that looks really cool. Sadly, it does not look like they make one that mimics KI3T's scanner, which is what I am looking for.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

Glissard
Recruit

Post by Glissard » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:13 pm

Tao. Incredibly excellent work. I can not wait to see your final KI3T car. If Knight Rider doesn't get a second season, I'm switching over to watch your videos... but I will anyway.

Any chance you could make a mp4 video loop of KI3T's touch screen animation for the iPhone? Or even better an App? All I've found are just wallpapers.

Again. Awesome work. Looking forward to seeing more.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:37 pm

Slim_Knight wrote:
tamatt27 wrote:A company called LiteWave makes a product called IceLed...which is what I'm using for my replica.
I have to say, that looks really cool. Sadly, it does not look like they make one that mimics KI3T's scanner, which is what I am looking for.
There is an option for the KI3T style scanner effect. I will post a vid once I figure out how to activate it.
KNIGHT RIDER RELOADED is a series of movies on Youtube to represent a different creative avenue to the Knight Rider we knew in 2008-09.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tamatt27" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:10 pm

tamatt27 wrote:
Slim_Knight wrote:
There is an option for the KI3T style scanner effect. I will post a vid once I figure out how to activate it.
That would be very awesome. I saw something that looked close, but was not what I was looking for effect wise.

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:07 pm

Don't mean to hijack your thread, Taoworm, but there are other options. There is no doubt that Auto Indulgence is the place for the KR08 scanner.

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:48 pm

I got an ICE LED Scanner for my Mustang, but the scanner litself is 20 inches and won't fit most, if not, all of the different types of hood scoops, the next best thing (at least in my case) would be to place 2x ICE LED Scanners on the grille of my mock Shelby GT 500. I got the place where I can get the front coversion with all the brackets and attachments for cheap. If anyone asks did I try to get the scanner modified, my tech guy tried to do so and wrecked it. He still owes me a brand new scanner, since he promised me he would get me one. Still working on some new ideas on what else I would like to add to my replica.

Did I mentioned it's going to be in Silver and black?

tamatt27
FLAG Assistant

Post by tamatt27 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:14 pm

Tiger Warrior wrote:
I got an ICE LED Scanner for my Mustang, but the scanner litself is 20 inches and won't fit most, if not, all of the different types of hood scoops, the next best thing (at least in my case) would be to place 2x ICE LED Scanners on the grille of my mock Shelby GT 500. I got the place where I can get the front coversion with all the brackets and attachments for cheap. If anyone asks did I try to get the scanner modified, my tech guy tried to do so and wrecked it. He still owes me a brand new scanner, since he promised me he would get me one. Still working on some new ideas on what else I would like to add to my replica.

Iceled does make 1ft tubes that can be controlled similar to the scanner. That's what I'm planning on installing on the Trufiber Venom hood this summer once I get the GT500 front and hood. What's the deal you're getting on the GT500 front? The cheapest my dealer discount is brings up the complete conversion cost to around $1100.

Tiger Warrior
Rookie

Post by Tiger Warrior » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:25 am

tamatt27 wrote:
Tiger Warrior wrote:

Iceled does make 1ft tubes that can be controlled similar to the scanner. That's what I'm planning on installing on the Trufiber Venom hood this summer once I get the GT500 front and hood. What's the deal you're getting on the GT500 front? The cheapest my dealer discount is brings up the complete conversion cost to around $1100.
REALLY? Where and do you have a website/ contact information for the person you are dealing with? In VA, it's hard to get stuff as it is, much less on a deal. Either you buy what they have for sale or they don't want any business with ya. Some days I miss Michigan or Texas.....

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:37 am

To everyone that has been e-mailing me about the production K3000 Voice Orb:

I will be selling my K3000 Interactive Voice Orb exclusively through Pierre Hoffmann at autoi.com in the coming months.
I will let everyone know here when they become available.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:22 pm

New update
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdDH0vm6w28&fmt=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

xmguy
Rookie

Post by xmguy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:29 am

The KI3T Orb. Is it on a voice command system. Or do you have buttons for each response?
Very cool BTW!!
LOYAL Knight Rider fan since 1995
:spmgo:

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:43 pm

No buttons at all. The Knight 3000 Interactive Voice Orb responds to voice command. It can also activate various functions of the car by voice command as well.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:56 pm

I always say that...f$%& :D

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:06 pm

Wow Taoworm you have been busy lately. The orb looks/works amazing!! If NBC hasn't contacted you about it yet they will :). While looking at KI3T at the festival I thought that was a big piece missing and how the plastic ball just fly's out of its home when the car accelerates :).

You really need to stop removing your video post two days after you post it though. Kinda aggravating and people will start calling you a tease ;).
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:47 pm

MR2NR wrote:Wow Taoworm you have been busy lately. The orb looks/works amazing!! If NBC hasn't contacted you about it yet they will :). While looking at KI3T at the festival I thought that was a big piece missing and how the plastic ball just fly's out of its home when the car accelerates :).

You really need to stop removing your video post two days after you post it though. Kinda aggravating and people will start calling you a tease ;).
LOL MR2NR, too true! OK deal. I will leave my videos up from now on. :lol:

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:39 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN05kE7nvQs&fmt=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:47 pm

Living the dream :good:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"