Knight Rider Festival - Las Vegas - March 20-21, 2009

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

TheShadowyFlight
Recruit

Re: Knight Rider Festival - Las Vegas - March 20-21, 2009

Post by TheShadowyFlight » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:32 pm

Deanna Russo just posted on Twitter that she isn't going to be in Las Vegas this weekend. A bit of a bummer but hopefully Justin will still show up.

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by MR2NR » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:11 am

Hey everyone I just got done with day one of the KR festival and let me tell you this has been one of the better days in my life!!! I have met so many great people and never have gotten the cold shoulder from anyone. I am still on Missouri time so I had some time to get online before we start parking cars on Fremont. Paul has really went all out and I am so proud to be a part of this event and forum right now. Today should be great and I have limited speed so pics will prob come tomorrow if the fam will allow :). I got to talk too many celebs and everyone of them was great. Well bye for now I have to start walking again. I am going to have too buy a new pair of shoes when I get back :(.

Thanks to everyone who made this event possible like i said it is the best experience I have had this year!!!!
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:29 am

Hello everyone,

Nick/VK here from The Golden Nugget just dropping a little post to say thanks for all the support and I hope you're enjoying the incredible job Mike, Neil, Sue, and Scott are doing to give you the best coverage they can on all the exciting things here at Knight Rider Festival!

Last night was just so much fun and I gurantee you that today is going to be even better! I had the honor of meeting every VIP/special guest on the list and even though David Hasselhoff could not make it or Deanna, I have really enjoyed meeting all the great cast and crew from this epic franchise, all in one spot!

Justin Bruening was just as cool and approachable as ever and I really can't express enough just how amazing Catherine Hickland is! So beautiful, kind, and caring. I spent most of the KITT cruise last night hanging in my friend Daniel (CalJediKnight) in his car and we had the honor of transporting legendary K.I.T.T. designer Michael Scheffe to the Vegas sign! Michael is one of the most approachable, humble, and positive people I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and I greatly value his friendship. I am truly proud to call him my friend.

Glen A Larson also joined us at the VIP party and really enjoyed all the guests there. In fact he had so much fun that he is going to appear again at some point today to check out all the cars so be on the look out because there is no telling when he's going to pop up!

I brought a box of about 15 books to the VIP party last night, thinking that I wasn't really going to sell much there and ended up selling them all out rather quickly! I was surprised how many people actually walked up and expressed how much they've enjoyed the book and I don't mean just fans either - I mean Glen, Stu, Jack Gill, Don Peake, Catherine, Rebecca, Mr. Windburn, Dennis, Barris, Justin, the list just goes on and on!

I expect that the book will sell very well (most likely sell out) by the end of today and I'll let you know how things go later on when everything is all said and done. I will be in Vegas until early monday here at The Golden Nugget.

I'd post some of the photos I've been taking of the event so far but let's be honest right? The KRO crew I'm sure that you all covered on that front! Give the KRO team a round of applause because they really have been doing a fantastic job of covering all the goings on here and allowing you to join the celebration even if you can't be here in person to do it.

So many replica cars too! We've got at least 15 or 20. I honestly couldn't keep count and we had them all lined up and cruising the strip last night! I want to say a special shout out to Craig and his stunning DeceptiKARR replica which is truely one of a kind! This is the KARR with the yellow scanner and lambo doors! He even has a big screen HD tv that raises from the trunk playing scenes of KR!

Just an beautiful piece of work!

All the cars are just amazing and I can tell you first hand that Michael Scheffe was just awe struck by the level of detail and passion invested in all the replicas here. It really moved him to see so many people taking what he started and continuing to carry on the legacy while keeping the spirit of the Trans Am alive and well.

Not only are we making history at KRF but we are doing so much to help out the children as well of The Children's Miracle Network and we're all very positive and excited to make a difference right here in the City of Lights.

Now more so than ever the world is going to understand that we Knight Rider fans matter and that our torch of support and admiration for this 27 year old franchise is still burning bright!

Paul Casey has done an amazing job and he's really proven that he can set out to accomplish what he sets out to do. I said at the VIP party when we presented Paul a plaque on behalf of Knights of the West Coast that he is a man who chose to make a difference. I believe in Paul Casey and I can't wait to see what he's got planned next for today!

Thank you so much Paul for making all this possible!

I hope everyone out there on KRO is having fun being a part of the party down here in Las Vegas and thanks again for all your continued support and enthusiasm. You have and continue to make a difference.

Well I do have to get ready for my book signing today (at 3:00) and if anyone is here at the Festival who wants to know when my booth will be up and running to get a book, I will be in front of the 1st street stage, just look for the giant KRF banner and of course my KRC banner along the table!

Well guys and gals enjoy the show today and join us for another exciting day at Knight Rider Festival where more history will be written and you all are a part of it.

Thanks again,

-Nick/=VK=
:dash:

Shredder565
Recruit

Post by Shredder565 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:22 pm

Wow, I feel sorry for all the people who showed up for only the big name stars. But, unlike the Star Trek fandom, there's WAY too many cool people in the KR universe to talk to...so a few big name folks canceling isn't such a downer. Plus, you have the KITT cars there to look at to boot :).

I REALLY wish I could have been there. I would have had fun interviewing folks and putting together a mini documentary about it. But no one in my family ever wants to go anywhere anymore, and friends are always busy. Who wants to travel alone? :)

I know I'm repeating myself, but PLEASE bring this to NY if KR gets picked up for season 2 :).

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:09 pm

Total Newb to the board,wish I could of gone but work got in the way so couldnt make it.

I was chatting it up with some other people in the chat tho and really enjoying the live video. :good:

Hopefully there will be another one and Ill try for that :wink:
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:23 pm

I am currently sitting in the Krispy Kreme lounge. It's 12:30 and my connection is leaking the footage from day one through to YouTube...at a rather slow rate. Plan on making the second Q&A interview, as this computer stuff takes way too long to have reached the first session. The footage looks nice.

I was going to post a link. However, at this time, part one (of three) of the first day show is processing, part two is still uploading and part three will probably have to wait. We're closing in on filmng time. I just can't wait for this computer to move Digital Heaven and Digital Earth.

Ironic. How many K.I.T.T.'s are here and I can't make this thing move any quicker... :shock:

:kitt2: :kitt: :kittside:

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

Post by jup » Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Here's a quick teaser from the show.

http://www.tfb.com/~jup/knight1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.tfb.com/~jup/knight2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slade
FLAG Assistant

Post by Slade » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:21 am

Awesome :good: we need more pics LOL

Altho I dont remember KI3T spoiler being that big...
"See ladies,what happens in Vegas,stays in...KITT"
"Fate rarely calls upon us at a moment of our choosing"

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:25 am

The photos are spectacular. Thank you jup.

Alex.

kittkattKarr
Volunteer

Post by kittkattKarr » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:48 pm

I attended the Festival in Las Vegas and it was fantastic. I had a great time. All the celebs were very approachable and down to earth. Seeing all the cars was really cool. Thank you Paul Casey and everyone involved. I am also very pleased that the festival proceeds went to the Children's Miracle Network to help children. Our "children are the future" and "one person can make a difference," I truly believe this. I hope there will be another festival in the future.

Melody

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:50 pm

Well said kittkattkarr. Ive posted some pics from the event
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:51 pm

I think you were behind me when you were getting Rebecca's autograph.
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Realm
Recruit

Post by Realm » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:13 pm

It's Sunday and I'm still in Vegas, at my cousins' place to spend time w/ them before I head back to San Diego. I just want to thank Paul Casey and his staff for a GREAT event! Although I was skeptic of attending at the last minute since I found out my car needed some much overdue repairs which resulted in costing me $622 after it was done, I decided to go ahead and attend the event as planned. I'm glad I did! Honestly, it was priceless to attend such an exciting event, one that does not happen too often! I've been to other trade shows such as Comic-Con, Wizard World, E3, and many others, and this event was on a more personal level. Everyone is so nice and humble, I've met people from as far as Canada, New York, and Arizona while standing in line or just hanging out. The guests were very humble and you can tell they were really enjoying themselves at the event. Hearing their numerous stories from the series was awesome and interesting. All of the guests were very approachable and were glad to talk to each and every attendee.

The VIP party was awesome as well. I think everyone there got a chance to meet with each guest on a few occasions and it was just a blast. One thing that I could have done different is bring what I wanted to get signed. I had some 1:18 die cast cars of both the Shelby and Trans Am, which I did end up getting signed on Saturday's events. But I felt it was too bulky to carry around at a VIP party. The reason being is because Glen Larson was only at the event on Friday and he was not present on Saturday.

The concerts were awesome! I didn't know Don Peake and Paul Casey can jam like that on the strings!! Rebecca Holden rocked her sets as well!

The car show was also a great addition! Big ups to everyone who brought their cars, they are truly a great piece of work and a part of me now wants a replica! The DeLorean was a great addition as well, very impressive piece and well liked by everyone!

Thanks to Nick Nugent for a GREAT book! It's definitely worth the price and even if you just watched the series, it's a great book to have in your library. There are great photos, art, and interesting facts about the series.

I will definitely be posting photos in the photos thread when I get back home to San Diego, more than likely they will be ready by Monday night, if anything.

Thanks again to everyone involved in putting this event together. It was a great weekend and I am glad to have attended such a historic and great cause of an event!

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun Mar 22, 2009 5:40 pm

this weekend was great. i got home about 1.5 hours ago. despite the amazing replicas and all the celebrities, it wouldn't have been as fun if i didn't get to meet all my friends from online. everyone was so nice and approachable. my friend KITT, jup, neps, mike pajaro, scott, vegasmike, victor kros, MR2NR, vampire knight, tigersharka, season2fan, sandy and anyone else that i met were all great nice people. i really enjoyed hanging out with them all.

it's really difficult putting what it was like into words since it was easily the best weekend of my life. i can't express how amazing and awesome the festival was.

hopefully when i get the footage captured and into story-form for the news tomorrow i can post a link here. i'll have to ask one of the producers or reporters if they can put it on the website for everyone to see.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:03 am

did justin said anything about a second season of kr or is he moving on with other productions>?
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:00 am

GT500KR wrote:did justin said anything about a second season of kr or is he moving on with other productions>?
Justin personally told me at the VIP party that he honestly knows nothing. Anyone who asked him that question, was pretty much given the same response or they moved on to another question at the Q&A.

=VK=
:dash:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:09 am

I'm barely awake. I'm worn out from a weekend of non stop fun. But I just wanted to pop on to say I made it back safe and sound and that I had a blast hanging out with everyone that came. Sarah, Scott, Neil, Mike, AJ, Sandra, Nick, Alex, Vegasmike, Jup, MR2NR, caljedi.. the academy... oh wrong speech. And anyone else from the board that my tired mind is forgetting. And of course a big thanks to Paul for organizing the event. I think my car SHADO must have been telling Paul how jealous he is of me looking at KITT cars, because after giving awards to all the KITT cars Paul presented SHADO with a plaque too. :mrgreen:
Night all and thanks again to everyone who came, and of course all the VIPS as well.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:32 am

The first of my "edited, yet raw" bits of footage is now live on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWUoYhdRGe8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THis bit was uploaded on Saturday from Krispy Kreme. I gave up on trying from there for anything else. It was just taking forever. This footage is kind of boring and long winded, as I didn't have the patience to splice it apart, further.

The other portions are more to the point.

These have been uploading for the last several hours.

The first portion of the main show from day one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bVSEDZ7dTs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...and the second half...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12nwm8Wvn9c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think the footage came out great. Now, if only I had a professional base to work with. Would have made zoom shots tollerable. (Hince why I kept so generalized. To save the viewer from that sea sickness effect that handheld cameras can do. (Chesterfield, anyone?) Oh, well.)

More links to come from day two. A little bit of it is already on YouTube. But, it's too close to when I must leave to keep uploading at these speeds.

Enjoy.

Alex
FLAG Assistant

Post by Alex » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:51 am

I liked a lot all, especially Rebecca Holden, Catherine Hickland, Glen Larson, George Barris, Justin Bruening and Deanna Russo and also Paul Casey...you are the best of the World!

Alex.

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:07 am

Brilliant footage Jup! Justin seems awestruck lol! I hope the big-wigs at NBC were watching this Festival and the attention it attracted, to see that with the right kind of show and the right kind of advertising it could be a huge hit in seaosn two!
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

blackfeathers
Volunteer

Post by blackfeathers » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:25 pm

great footage jup. thanks for the tip on the krispy kreme wifi.

i usually hit the apple store at the fashion show mall... runway models were walking by me (hourly show) as i was uploading the kitt wedding photos. surreal. good times.

i'm nowhere near close to sorting through my raw, shaky videos since i'm still uploading tons of photos. you can check them out by searching flickr.com for 'knight rider festival' or click here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackfeath ... 778918218/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

as ive said, i am *still* add stuff to it. not yet finished. :)

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:35 am

who was the mystery guest?
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:12 am

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:who was the mystery guest?
The original (and I mean original) KITT.
One of 3 from TOS, the first 3 given to Glen for the show.
Call me Mike.

jup
FLAG Operative

Post by jup » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:14 am

Tonight's goal: Upload the 45 minutes worth of the Q&A stage event. Sadly, it got off to a late start and I wasn't prepared with the pods. (Tri or Uni) So, all the footage was hand held, only. It may be a tad more shaky. (Links to come soon. Part one is processing and part two is half way through the upload. Five parts in all.)

kittkattKarr
Volunteer

Post by kittkattKarr » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:37 pm

Does any one know whether or not the Las Vegas Review Journal covered the festival and put articles in their newspaper? While waiting at the Airport on Sunday, I got the Sunday paper and looked all threw it, but found nothing about the festival.

Melody