Finally! Billy gets to be a hero!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

larmindy
Volunteer

Re: Finally! Billy gets to be a hero!

Post by larmindy » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:51 pm

Here is some details about the show and added cast members from Movieweb.com, gotta Paul's character sounds like fun:

Arielle Kebbel (The Uninvited) has been added to the cast of ABC's new superhero comedy No Heroics. The Hollywood Reporter broke the news, but remains vague about what Kebbel's character's abilities are, saying only that she is the sweetheart of the group.

The British version of the show is about a group of superheroes, including The Hotness, Electoclash, Timebomb and She-Force who hang out in a bar, and bemoan the fact that they're not as successful as Excelsor. ABC is describing the American version of the show as revolving around four B-list superheroes living among us.

Freddie Prinze Jr. has also joined the cast, portraying Bradley a.k.a. Ultimatum, the arch-rival of the group, an A-list superhero that torments the B-list group's leader, Pete a.k.a. Chillout (Paul Campbell), who can freeze small objects.

The American version of No Heroics will not carry the four heroes from the British series across the pond, but will instead follow a different group of heroes with their own issues.

The American version of No Heroics was written by Will & Grace alumni Jeff Greenstein and original show creator Drew Pearce.

CrimsonK9
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by CrimsonK9 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:58 pm

Well, I found an interesting article on just this subject today while browsing Yahoo headlines:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090319/tv_ ... ccormack_1

Basically the guy from Will & Grace (not that I ever watched that - not that there's anything wrong with it....) has signed on to do a pilot for an ABC comedy series, even though he's still committed to "Trust Me" on TNT. Even though Trust Me is in kind of the same boat as KR, the article discussed the exact same situation as with Paul/Billy and the new series, interestingly ALSO on ABC. It says that if Trust Me gets renewed, it takes priority over the pilot.

Guess it's not uncommon after all.

I know I feel better. Hope springs eternal, right? :good:
-
I'm pretty sure they used to - you know - make waffles!
Ooo, Dr.G., pass the syrup!

I speak nine languages AND I have a card that gets me discounts at participating Red Lobster restaurants!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:22 am

Maybe it's because I haven't looked into at all but this started to get me thinking of Mystery Men and the live action version The Tick for some reason...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:16 am

This is just great :) .The cool guy is finaly a hero
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:10 pm

I'm beginning to think that Paul just wants to play a lead instead of second fiddle, or that he's thinking of a back up plan.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:02 am

Just a little note to the whole two shows/two networks thing.

Sarah Chalke was still a major cast member on Scrubs (an NBC, now ABC show) when she also appeared in How I Met Your Mother(an CBS show) for a good have of season 3 and the first few a season 4.
Which means, given the ammount of screen time the SSC was given the post-FBI arch, Paul could pull off both shows at the same time.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

blackwolfjk13
Stranger

Post by blackwolfjk13 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:06 am

I've been a huge Paul Campbell fan for some time, now. As much as I like his character on KR, Paul has actually been wanting to get into comedy roles for, well, a long long time. Sitcoms, in particular, have always appealed to him. I'm hoping his casting for "No Heroics" isn't a sign that KR is canceled or that Billy will be leaving the show, but I'd be happy for Paul if the new show worked out for him. Would it be possible for him to do both if they aired in off-seasons of one another? I know networks don't tend to share actors but if the shows aren't actually competing, does it really matter that much? The two shows aren't really anything alike, after all. Either way, I wish Paul the best! :good:
"Maturity is often more absurd than youth and very frequently is most unjust to youth." ~Thomas Edison

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:35 pm

fatkidskinnyman wrote:Hey guys - I've been in the entertainment business for s few years and have seen this happen a few times. So the way this works is like this...

Paul is under contract with NBC until they officially release him, whether it be in two weeks or six years. In the event that both Knight Rider and No Heroics are picked up for the fall season NBC has first right of refusal. If they decide they will not release Paul to the other network then No Heroics has to recast the role. The reason you don't see this happen very often is because it"s pretty tough to replace a lead actor after a pilot is already shot. But it happens. So this isn't necessarily a bad sign, it just means that Paul has a backup plan in case KR isn't coming back. I say - you go boyee!!!!
Add to that the good point PhoenixZero mentioned about Paul likely being able to shoot other stuff when KR is not in production, and it makes perfect sense.

I was originally worried, but now I'm not. Now I think Paul is smart, and if No Heroics does get picked up (and KR does not), I'm switching to ABC permanently.
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:59 pm

Lets hope the movie will be good and i will have to watch it
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;