Do you think KARR will be back (Give reasons)

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

ozikool
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Do you think KARR will be back (Give reasons)

Post by ozikool » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:50 am

Well i dont think KARR will be back because he was blown into peaces and the only person who can rebuild him is Charles
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Re: Do you think KARR will be back (Give reasons)

Post by trissybabes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:29 am

If we get S2 or more, then there's no way KARR can stay dead. He's too big a villain to be just dropped from teh series - my only hope would be that the next time we see him it will be a worthwhile storyline and not just a cynical tag on ending to an episode...

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:05 am

trissybabes wrote:If we get S2 or more, then there's no way KARR can stay dead. He's too big a villain to be just dropped from teh series - my only hope would be that the next time we see him it will be a worthwhile storyline and not just a cynical tag on ending to an episode...
I agree with somethings but it would not make sense.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/ozikool" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; [fans only]
Save Knight Rider: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:20 am

So just like the original series then!

I'd love to see an something like an epi where they just drop it in WITHOUT any prior publicity and it's a complete surprise - KI3T arrives at a location on a different mission and in a car lot there is a silver Mustang parked up - that then transforms into KARRbot and proceeds to take a very personal revenge on KI3T and THEN swipes Mike...

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:10 am

But one thing would make sense.
KITT was driving past the place were KARR got destroyed.KARR's CPU was sill alive(A small piece)and somehow the cpu went into the Knight HQ and then it get left there.Sarah finds it and she thinks what it is and acedently puts it somewhere connected so it rebooted and accessed the computers and used the robots to rebuilds himself.
Then he upgrades.KITT find him bigger and stronger and harder to defeat.KITT uses all he can to kill him.

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:11 pm

Please, seriously???

leave the 08 KARR, that abomination, dead. Give us THE real KARR, from 82.

end of line

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:31 pm

WIBoomer1 wrote:Please, seriously???

end of line
I too could live without this KARR coming back.

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:59 pm

Maybe Just KARR in a Mustang like KITT

KARR maybe evil but he is the greatest of them all

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:35 pm

end of line

An antiquated 80's Transam AI with less memory and power than a current PC would not have a prayer against KIT3K mit would be like you fighting a newborn with Yahren's syndrome! :roll:

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:39 pm

I wasn't able earlier today to fully place my thoughts down on this subject. But I am now.

The 2008 KARR was manhandled by KI3T. If it was a fight, it'd be like Mike Tyson in his prime KO'ing some dumb idiot in 15 seconds into the first round. Why would the government continue to throw away taxpayer dollars into an obviously flawed creation...and it's a double dumb a$$ on any other conclusion since Charles is dead. Sarah's not going to work on something that killed her father. Since it seems that there is no one left at Knight Industries, per the 5 eps shown afterward, there wasn't anyone "picking up pieces" of KARR. It could be written later, but highly improbable.

All this now allows the writers, if they so wish, to give the KR community EXACTLY what it wanted to see, what was promised to us....KI3T vs. KARR. Go ahead and forget that the 08 KARR ever existed. Have flashbacks of someone picking up 82 KARR's cpu, and doing who knows what with it...go on, I dare you. I triple dog dare ya.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:23 am

WIBoomer1 wrote:I wasn't able earlier today to fully place my thoughts down on this subject. But I am now.

The 2008 KARR was manhandled by KI3T. If it was a fight, it'd be like Mike Tyson in his prime KO'ing some dumb idiot in 15 seconds into the first round. Why would the government continue to throw away taxpayer dollars into an obviously flawed creation...and it's a double dumb a$$ on any other conclusion since Charles is dead. Sarah's not going to work on something that killed her father. Since it seems that there is no one left at Knight Industries, per the 5 eps shown afterward, there wasn't anyone "picking up pieces" of KARR. It could be written later, but highly improbable.

All this now allows the writers, if they so wish, to give the KR community EXACTLY what it wanted to see, what was promised to us....KI3T vs. KARR. Go ahead and forget that the 08 KARR ever existed. Have flashbacks of someone picking up 82 KARR's cpu, and doing who knows what with it...go on, I dare you. I triple dog dare ya.
True the fight was too darn short but it does not mean that the present day KARR is an abomination, the fight between KIT3K and KARR08 was though as it was as you pointed out too damn short.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:35 am

I think it's possible.

Given that '08 KARR was a military weapon, he (really, it) was meant to be mass-produced. Additionally, given that the AIs of each entity are separate from their shells, it is entirely possible that KARR's AI is still alive (or could be recreated).

Now, I'm a sci-fi geek, so I really enjoy all the technical possibilities of all of this future technology. (A lot of people didn't like the whole "we've got to get KI3T's AI back out of the internet" geekspeak with Zoey and Billy, but I loved it because I understood exactly what they were saying and where they were going.) '08 KARR didn't have much of a personality (probably due to editing) but he is formidable, and he's an AI - he could logically control multiple exoskeletons of himself simultaneously. KI3T fighting an army of those exoskeletons would be amazing.

I also think that, with the right writing, KARR could really be a psychological enemy to KI3T - he stands for everything that KI3T doesn't, but at the same time he embodies for a type of freedom that KI3T doesn't have. It's similar to the light and dark sides of the Force in Star Wars. This is really what I'd like to see out of KARR - an intelligent, developed character who acts as a true opposite to KI3T and what he stands for. This is where 80s KARR would shine....but I'd honestly like a way to tie them together.

Someone mentioned KARR's chip finding its way into the SSC....I think a more plausible storyline would have the government somehow recovering the 80s chip that some random person found. The current KARR AI still exists in a dormant state, and without KI3T's programming, cannot function. Some shady dude in the government wants to start up the KARR project for nefarious reasons and realizes that the 80s chip may be the key; KARR is activated and the new AI assimilates the old one, and everything seems well.

Until....(dun dun dun)....of course, the old AI resurfaces and both the flawed AI of the '08 model and the personality of the 80s model combine to form a highly intelligent, malicious AI with no morals or scruples. The government loses control of him because he is a master manipulator, and his size and strength cannot be match. The fight between KI3T, Mike, and KARR is not only physical but psychological; KARR makes KI3T doubt himself and his programming, his programmed obedience and his freedom.

I could go on....this is what I'd want to see, but the problem here is that something like this isn't an episode....it's a season. Logically, Knight Rider isn't going to do that.

This got really long-winded - I'm almost inspired to write fanfiction now - but long story short, yes, KARR could come back, and the storyline and setting do provide means for him to return in many ways, shapes, and forms.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:13 am

I think it would be overkill to have KARR back yet again. That would be a 4th time. I think there is room for a new, memorable villain.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:04 am

Skav wrote:I think it would be overkill to have KARR back yet again. That would be a 4th time. I think there is room for a new, memorable villain.
You might be asking too much of the current writers if you want them to come up with such a thing originally on their own! In case you did not notice originality is in really short supply in Hollywood this days...

R.I.T.T.
Recruit

Post by R.I.T.T. » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:19 am

lunchmeat wrote:I think it's possible.

Given that '08 KARR was a military weapon, he (really, it) was meant to be mass-produced. Additionally, given that the AIs of each entity are separate from their shells, it is entirely possible that KARR's AI is still alive (or could be recreated).

Now, I'm a sci-fi geek, so I really enjoy all the technical possibilities of all of this future technology. (A lot of people didn't like the whole "we've got to get KI3T's AI back out of the internet" geekspeak with Zoey and Billy, but I loved it because I understood exactly what they were saying and where they were going.) '08 KARR didn't have much of a personality (probably due to editing) but he is formidable, and he's an AI - he could logically control multiple exoskeletons of himself simultaneously. KI3T fighting an army of those exoskeletons would be amazing.

I also think that, with the right writing, KARR could really be a psychological enemy to KI3T - he stands for everything that KI3T doesn't, but at the same time he embodies for a type of freedom that KI3T doesn't have. It's similar to the light and dark sides of the Force in Star Wars. This is really what I'd like to see out of KARR - an intelligent, developed character who acts as a true opposite to KI3T and what he stands for. This is where 80s KARR would shine....but I'd honestly like a way to tie them together.

Someone mentioned KARR's chip finding its way into the SSC....I think a more plausible storyline would have the government somehow recovering the 80s chip that some random person found. The current KARR AI still exists in a dormant state, and without KI3T's programming, cannot function. Some shady dude in the government wants to start up the KARR project for nefarious reasons and realizes that the 80s chip may be the key; KARR is activated and the new AI assimilates the old one, and everything seems well.

Until....(dun dun dun)....of course, the old AI resurfaces and both the flawed AI of the '08 model and the personality of the 80s model combine to form a highly intelligent, malicious AI with no morals or scruples. The government loses control of him because he is a master manipulator, and his size and strength cannot be match. The fight between KI3T, Mike, and KARR is not only physical but psychological; KARR makes KI3T doubt himself and his programming, his programmed obedience and his freedom.

I could go on....this is what I'd want to see, but the problem here is that something like this isn't an episode....it's a season. Logically, Knight Rider isn't going to do that.

This got really long-winded - I'm almost inspired to write fanfiction now - but long story short, yes, KARR could come back, and the storyline and setting do provide means for him to return in many ways, shapes, and forms.
I like this idea, as long as they get Peter Cullen to do the voice :P
Hello, I am Rush Industries Three Thousand, R.I.T.T. for easy reference, or Ritt if you prefer.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:28 am

If season 2 happens and they do decide to bring back Karr, then please for the love of god, MAKE HIM TOUGHER. I wanna see Karr stomp a hole in Kitts a$$! :D

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:29 am

PunkMaister wrote:

end of line

An antiquated 80's Transam AI with less memory and power than a current PC would not have a prayer against KIT3K mit would be like you fighting a newborn with Yahren's syndrome! :roll:
I agree . KI3T would kill KARR is seconds

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:43 am

PunkMaister wrote:
Skav wrote:I think it would be overkill to have KARR back yet again. That would be a 4th time. I think there is room for a new, memorable villain.
You might be asking too much of the current writers if you want them to come up with such a thing originally on their own! In case you did not notice originality is in really short supply in Hollywood this days...
Heh, I agree. Too many remakes of a lot of movies these days. And the show would hardly win an award for originality considering it borrowed many elements from various films ie Speed, Mission Impossible, Terminator etc.

But I think they would drastically improve on things if the show is given another season. Things are almost always rocky in a first season and they probably couldn't afford to invent a major, memorable villain in a first season of a show that had rocky ratings.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:57 am

weeezl wrote:If season 2 happens and they do decide to bring back Karr, then please for the love of god, MAKE HIM TOUGHER. I wanna see Karr stomp a hole in Kitts a$$! :D
But KITT will make revenge . I like your idea weeezl .
KARR almost kill KITT

KITTman
Volunteer

Post by KITTman » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:50 pm

I think KARR could come back,especialy if his cpu is still active,and if he has a self repairing nano skin like KITT.In the original series Karr was shown going off a cliff and exploding when he hit the ground,but was brought back next season,so anythings possible.

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:57 pm

KITTman wrote:I think KARR could come back,especialy if his cpu is still active,and if he has a self repairing nano skin like KITT.In the original series Karr was shown going off a cliff and exploding when he hit the ground,but was brought back next season,so anythings possible.
or he hacked computer robots like hank and rebult him self

knightbrazil
Recruit

Post by knightbrazil » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:42 pm

course KARR can be back...

Maybe he can have uploaded himself to some server on internet before the battle with KI3T or be destroyed, like KITT in Knight to King's Pawn... and what about KARR return in Goliath body??? That could be cool...!

If DH be back to play Garth again would be great... but I have heard something about he doesn´t be interested on new Knight Rider... and that he won´t be on the KR Festival this year.

KR FOREVER!

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:47 pm

whooo Knight rider a new Golaith would be aslo cool
i started a kind of populat topic wooo

knightbrazil
Recruit

Post by knightbrazil » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:55 pm

maybe he can be the real Megatron... in Goliath body... :lol:

ozikool
FLAG Recruit

Post by ozikool » Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:06 pm

KARR in Golaiths body, ? confusion and surprising