So does KITT have nano skin or nano shields?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight_Rider_1980
Volunteer

So does KITT have nano skin or nano shields?

Post by Knight_Rider_1980 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:23 pm

Can somebody explain to me i think he has both.What do you guys think?

Michael H
:dash:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Re: So does KITT have nano skin or nano shields?

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:12 pm

Knight_Rider_1980 wrote:Can somebody explain to me i think he has both.What do you guys think?

Michael H
- I would say both. We've seen both mentioned in the show throughout various episodes. How exactly they work however is another matter. I think another term for "skin" you're looking for in this context is "armor".

=VK=

Knight_Rider_1980
Volunteer

Post by Knight_Rider_1980 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:26 pm

Yeah i would love to see these explained.Yeah Victor i meant armor.I think when you look at it from an editing point the shield effect ie blue ripple when a bullet hits, is probally easier to do i would still love an explinantion in the show if it gets a second season.If you look at KITT when he repairs himself after his fight with KARR there is a blue tint to the effect.My guess would be he has nano shields for bullets and various other things and nano armor for damage repair.

Michael H

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:11 am

However now we have sparks from the bullet hits (thanks MKF!) so now I would assume that the blue ring we see from the impacts is the "shield" or whatever absorbing or dissipating the energy of the bullet so it doesn't ricochet.

Anyway, that's how I'm explaining it to myself, even if it isn't totally correct. <_< >_>
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Knight_Rider_1980
Volunteer

Post by Knight_Rider_1980 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:13 am

Of course why didn't i think of that PHOENIXZERO ur a genius the little spark on the window when a bullet hits is the window repairing its self and the window doesn't break completely because the blue ripple is disperced energy.Thats why in Exit Light, Enter Knight when KITT covers for the S.W.A.T team none of the team are killed by ricocheting bullets.It would still be good to see a load of bullets hit KITT then the blue ripple is the absorbing energy then we see the bullet fall to the ground.Even if they have to do a pricey fx shot only once to illustrate it that would be cool.

Michael H

Knight_Rider_1980
Volunteer

Post by Knight_Rider_1980 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:30 am

Hey Victor iam just wondering what you or Glen thought about the show since the reboot.

Michael H

RC-1337
Recruit

Post by RC-1337 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:17 am

That blue stuff is just for looks. Ya see, Gary Scott Thompson just REALLLLY loves shiny blue visual effects!

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:10 pm

If I remember right, KITT has both a nano skin and shields. I don't remember which episode it was, but Dr Graiman mentions that KITT has shields that keep him hermetically sealed against foreign agents, such as chemical or biological agents.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:01 pm

Nano Skin, the blue effect is the nanobots instantly repairing KITT when he gets hit. I wish he had energy shields then the robots could take their sweet time.

Atlantean2005
Recruit

Post by Atlantean2005 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:27 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:However now we have sparks from the bullet hits (thanks MKF!) so now I would assume that the blue ring we see from the impacts is the "shield" or whatever absorbing or dissipating the energy of the bullet so it doesn't ricochet.

Anyway, that's how I'm explaining it to myself, even if it isn't totally correct. <_< >_>
Exactly what I was thinking about at work today!! Couldn't have put it better myself!! :D :good:
Slim_Knight wrote:If I remember right, KITT has both a nano skin and shields. I don't remember which episode it was, but Dr Graiman mentions that KITT has shields that keep him hermetically sealed against foreign agents, such as chemical or biological agents.
The episode is "Knight Fever". Its the one with the nano virus Sarah's ex let loose because he wasn't happy with the way the military "handled it".

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:16 pm

Okay. I am going to venture that the shields do not protect from damage, just KITT from foreign substances.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

Knight_Rider_1980
Volunteer

Post by Knight_Rider_1980 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:06 am

Probally from bullets and chemicals gases and things like that but to actually damage the car they wouldnt help it would be the nano armor that would repair itself.Ya gotta think if something does damage to KITT it isnt going to totally destroy him it would constantly be reapairing itself like its in a constant state of flux thats why you don't see totall annihilation of the car.Take the pilot episode when KITT picks Sarah up at the colledge when the bad dude shoots at KITT thats why the bullet doesn't go thru the cars body because the cars nano is in a constant state of flux constantly repairing itself.Think about it KITT is always shiny and always scartch free on the outside.Thats why he dosen't get damaged during turbo boosts and other stunts.Like KITT said in episode 2 when they were mid turbo boost and Mike wanted him to change back it would affect his structurel integrity probally because the nano wouldn't be able to repair itself.

Michael H
:kitt:

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:06 am

That works. Doesn't everyone love discussing theories? :D

Knight_Rider_1980
Volunteer

Post by Knight_Rider_1980 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:59 pm

I think my thorey works iam glad u like it.I just wish they would explain it on the show.

Michael H
:kitt:

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:27 pm

The pilot film made it seem like the nanotech was a symbiotic entity that spread around the body of the car like a virus replicating. Almost like cells aggregating together to form a skin over the car. But the series made the concept much more mechanical. I prefer the series approach over the film one.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:30 pm

I much prefer the self-repairing skin to the shield though.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Knight_Rider_1980
Volunteer

Post by Knight_Rider_1980 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:32 pm

I think KITT has both they just do whats best for the story and cost wise.I like both of them.