Hasselhoff will not attend

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

tigersharka
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Hasselhoff will not attend

Post by tigersharka » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:31 pm

Friends,

Mr. Hasselhoff will not attend Knight Rider Festival. According to his agent, Joe Townley, his official email response is posted below. He stated: "work must come first!" Sorry, he chose not to make a difference.

However, the remaining VIPs will attend including the new Michael Knight-Justin Bruening and Deanna Russo.

See you in Las Vegas.
Thank you for your support.

Paul,

Thank you for your emails about David appearing at the Knightrider
Festival in Las Vegas. Unfortunately, David will be unable to attend.

While David was very excited about the festival and was very keen to
attend, sadly his schedule does not allow it as he has to be in NY
shooting America's Got Talent, and work must come first!

I am sure that David thoroughly appreciates your efforts and we will
be happy to prepare a video message for you. Please give me an idea of
the sort of thing that you would like him to say and we will organize
it.

Many thanks,

Joe Townley
Paul
http://www.lasvegascarstars.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May 16-17, 2014 Las Vegas, NV
"Only Las Vegas"

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Hasselhoff will not attend

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:01 pm

This is crazy.Its like we can't have a dimension where 2 Mivhael Knight's are at the same place at the same time.Will a nexus open up destroying the fabric of the space time continuom?

We were so close to having so many celebs from the kr world in 1 room.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:09 pm

Strange, I was saying to someone just the other day I bet David doesn't attend and does a video message instead. :|

1991firebirdkitt
Recruit

Post by 1991firebirdkitt » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:01 pm

Too Bad he's going to be so busy, I was looking forward to seeing him in Las Vegas.
I hope the mystery guest makes up for David's loss. :cry:
:spmgo: Vegas here I come!!!!!!

Shadowy Flight
Rookie
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

Post by Shadowy Flight » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:08 pm

That's funny about the space time continuum thing but I think you've got Kitt confused with another Universal Studios 80's icon.lol. I kind of had a hunch it would be too much of a Hassel for Hoff to attend a Knight function. When was the last time he ever did that anyway? Did he ever make it to any Knight Nationals? Good thing I chose to stay in New York. I'll drive my Kitt replica down to Manhattan and make him come out to give everyone going to Vegas a shout out! Hopefully that'll work. Because I love it when a plan comes together...whoops wrong show.
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

Realm
Recruit

Post by Realm » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Thanks for the confirmation on that. At least we know now rather than the day before the event. I'm still attending, regardless. Any guests on the mystery guest? KITT aka Mr. Feeney aka William Daniels? What are the chances of having Paul Campbell and Smith Cho as guests? It would be great to have them there!

I actually had a feeling Hasselhoff would be occupied with his current gig with America's Got Talent.

Showpro1
FLAG Recruit

Post by Showpro1 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:58 pm

It is a shame that David wont avail himself of the chance to change the image we all
had of him a few years ago when he was in Las Vegas.
I dont need to elaborate, suffice it to say that he made a promise to Paul and while its a nice gesture to do a
video he could have made an appearance and flown to New York.

This doesnt discourage me in the slightest because you have so many people that made Knight Rider such a wonderful show such as Glen Larson who gave us the series, Michael Scheffe & George Barris who gave us the classic KITT, Stu Phillips who co-wrote the theme to Knight Rider with Glen Larson. Don Peake who composed all that fantastic music for most of the episodes, Rebecca Holden who played April Curtis will favor us with some great songs from her new CD, Ron Martinez KR producer, Stuntmen from the original series- Jim Winburn, Buzz Bundy.

Of course there will be the Stars from the new NBC series Deanna Russo, and Justin Bruening so when you add to that Jay Ohrberg bringing his awesome re-creation of the SPM KITT, all of the KITT replicas that will be on hand.
At the end of the day, even though David Hasselhoff will not be at The Festival lets all remember he alone didnt make Knight Rider the success it was and is.
Bottomline Im still excited about this fine show & I know Im not alone.
I appreciate all the hard work Paul has gone through to bring this show to the Knight Rider Community and
it is my honor to be a part of what will be a homerun for everyone involved.

God Bless,

Dave Doggett. :kitt2: :dash: :kittspin:
Im outta here & I will see you all
in Las Vegas.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:11 pm

I really wanted to see both Michaels on their KITT's do a Thumbs up pose together
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Shadowy Flight
Rookie
Location: Deadman's Curve (between Silicon Valley and Millston)

Post by Shadowy Flight » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:28 pm

I think the biggest disappointment factor here is that he's a celebrity and entertainer and that's his job...to entertain his fans... and he's not doing his job. So when his agent says "work comes first", there would be no "work" if it weren't for people like us...dedicated people who create replicas, websites and of course festivals and all for the love of the show...and him. So I guess money does come first...not work. Doing your work would be responding or giving back to your fans. I can't say that he's ever done that. Never seen him attend a "festival" or "Nationals" event and wouldn't be surprised if he never will. Prove me wrong Michael Knight...prove me wrong. (Sorry, I just remembered he liked repeating himself ala "Never say never partner. Never...say...never.")
Nothing gold can stay. The Sun sets and it becomes a purple desert...then you get run over by a black car!!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:43 pm

Can't say I'm surprised and his rep doesn't come off very well... Besides that, strange that this happened less than two weeks before hand when it's been two months since the meet up you guys had. Certainly the people behind his "contractual obligations" would have known then unless they're so poorly organized that they wouldn't know when the show is starting. Personally, I could understand since I'm sure he's contractually obligated and he can't break those but doing this at almost the last minute? Come on.....

On the other hand, I'm sure that if he really wanted to be there, he could be.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:56 pm

I agree this was worded badly...
and work must come first!
However, Amer. Got Talent is a very big Gig for him.
And any fear that he may miss or even be late to it, would cause him to worry about them keeping him on.

I can personally say, I will miss him but that doesn't mean I won't be going. There will be sooo much else to see and do, I will have a blast anyway.

Thank you all for setting this up!
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 10:42 pm

tigersharka wrote:
Sorry, he chose not to make a difference.

[/i]
Thats harsh. David is a REALLY nice guy & is SO busy we have no idea.
He has kept the flame for Knight Rider as long as we have and when he can't make to a function, some folks turn on him.
He has put out so much good energy though out the years to adults and kids alike that I think we should be ALLOT more understand and let it go.
Just my 27 cents.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:47 pm

and also he has a family to support as well so work does certainly come first in that situation :good:
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

knightofthephoenix
Operative

Post by knightofthephoenix » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:51 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:
tigersharka wrote:
Sorry, he chose not to make a difference.

[/i]
Thats harsh. David is a REALLY nice guy & is SO busy we have no idea.
He has kept the flame for Knight Rider as long as we have and when he can't make to a function, some folks turn on him.
He has put out so much good energy though out the years to adults and kids alike that I think we should be ALLOT more understand and let it go.
Just my 27 cents.
I second that.

David just got back from Dubai and was doing promos in LA yesterday for a new video game he's in. America's Got Talent has been a great thing for him, so I would definitely give him the benefit of the doubt on this.

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:14 am

Think about all the people involved putting on America's Got Talent: Camera operators, sound engineers, stage hands, craft services, production staff, the contestants... There are at least 100 people set to do a taping. Now suppose we tell them all "everything is being pushed back a day so David can go to a Knight Rider Festival". Well then we'd be calling him a Diva. It's unfortunate for us but, as they say, "that's show biz".

The Festival is still a great event.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:51 am

I wonder if after NBC turned him down for making the new kr series the way he wanted and not having him on must have done something to him.He put so much work and effort into reviving this and Glen has his reasons as to why he shouldn't have him in his movie,NBC has their reasons why he should no longer be the knight rider.It must have sparked something in him to care a little less about kr maybe?

By the way didn't Michael show up at some parking lot with a bunch of kitts there and get one of Nick's books?I don't think it was as big as the festival but it was still something.

He owns his own personal jet doesn't he? Couldn't he fly back between the 2 events?Maybe if he were really superman? lol

Michael Pajaro
Advisor

Post by Michael Pajaro » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:06 am

I don't think we should look too deeply into anything. It's a scheduling conflict.

The event you refer to: David was filming an episode of a reality TV series for the BBC in L.A.. Paul Casey arranged to have Knights of the West Coast be there with a bunch of KITT replicas. Hasselhoff was nothing but gracious about being with the cars, talking to the owners and receiving a copy of Nick's book. It was not a public, official KR event but the Hoff was very supportive and enthusiastic about the show and the fans.
Join me at Las Vegas Car Stars!
May 14-16 • Las Vegas, NV
http://lasvegascarstars.com

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:26 am

i can understand paul's frustration. i was really looking forward to meeting the hoff myself. the part that got me in that email was "work comes first." reminded me of the movie click, where the whole moral of the story was "family comes first." however, AGT is david's job and he needs to support his family. hopefully he can at least make a donation to the children's miracle network, since that is what the festival is for.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Realm
Recruit

Post by Realm » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:33 am

I was looking forward to meeting Hasselhoff at KF but honestly, it's okay that he cannot attend. It's out of his hands if you think about it. And for him to take time out of the shoot in LA to meet up w/ the Knights of the West Coast is AWESOME! David could have said no, but he chose to meet and greet with the Knights, which is something not too many celebs can say they did with their fans!

Anyhow, KF will still be a GREAT show! As someone stated earlier, no offense to Hasselhoff, but he wasn't the only one who helped make Knight Rider a legend on the screen. We are blessed to have others take the time from their schedules to be there and to thank the fans for all our support in their work, past and present.

Looking forward to it!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:19 am

I think its fair to say one statement regarding this situation.

"Knight Rider Festival is not about David Hasselhoff or the Special Guests, it is and continues to be about the children and the fans who support making a difference."

It is my belief for these reasons we choose to give what we can (money/time/support/bringing a replica) to be part of this historic event in our fandom. This is our grand stage because we the fans give Knight Rider its value and while it is a bonus (and draw to some people) to have such esteemed VIP guests of cast and crew from both series, it is important to keep in mind this is a festival...it is a celebration.

Paul has selflessly given us an opportunity to gather in one location (well two opportunities to do so) to socialize with other fans and share our experiences and or inspiration with one another. To put a face to a name (if its not done already) and in doing so bring reality back into what is typically fantasy - text on a screen or a voice on a phone.

An opportunity to express to others why we love this property, how it has affected our lives, and why we continue to invest our time and money into keeping its spirt alive. There is no greater stage we as a fandom can hope for than Las Vegas and no matter how this event may be brought into question, the undeniable fact is this event is doing something positive.

Positive for the fans (new and old), positive for the children in need, positive for the fandom itself.

Whether or not a VIP chooses to attend while I can sympathize with disappointment, the show will go on.

I proudly support Paul Casey, the one man who chose to make a difference.

=VK=
:dash:

Pancake
Volunteer

Post by Pancake » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:14 am

Some kind of Deja Vu ...

David promised to come to the german event in 2004 back in the days - a videotaped message was what came :(

Sadly he could not make it over from London to Germany...

But the main thing about the Event is still, that the Fans make the Difference and gratulations to Paul for putting this all together...

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:53 am

I think there's more to that than just work! We all have work to do but Hasselhoff will not attend simply because of the lack of involvement in the series and the fact that he hasn't got anything to do with the franchise anymore.
Let's say he shows up at the festival, then what? Do you expect him to promote something that he hasn't been involved in? I don't. Please, bare with me guys and this is just my personal opinion.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:22 am

- David is not entirely to blame for this scheduling conflict and he was as gracious with his time as his reps would allow him to be at the UK shoot in LA. The blame falls on his representative Joe Townley. It is Joe's responsibility to organize David's schedule and as he stated, "work comes first!". He made the conscious decision to book work for David during an event he knew about and has known about for quite some time.

He had plenty of time to make it happen and given his lack of communication on the matter, he chose not to. Perhaps he figured he could just depend on sending a video and that would be good enough since it has been in the past for smaller ventures.

Please keep this in mind.

=VK=

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:01 am

David is not entirely to blame for this scheduling conflict and he was as gracious with his time as his reps would allow him to be at the UK shoot in LA. The blame falls on his representative Joe Townley. It is Joe's responsibility to organize David's schedule and as he stated, "work comes first!". He made the conscious decision to book work for David during an event he knew about and has known about for quite some time.

He had plenty of time to make it happen and given his lack of communication on the matter, he chose not to. Perhaps he figured he could just depend on sending a video and that would be good enough since it has been in the past for smaller ventures.
Except what does he gain by attending the festival? The producers want nothing to do with him as far as I understand and why promote something that you haven't got anything to do with? Can you clarify that for me, please?

Nevertheless, it's great to hear that they're working on a new season of America's Got Talent!
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:49 am

Knight-Armen wrote:
David is not entirely to blame for this scheduling conflict and he was as gracious with his time as his reps would allow him to be at the UK shoot in LA. The blame falls on his representative Joe Townley. It is Joe's responsibility to organize David's schedule and as he stated, "work comes first!". He made the conscious decision to book work for David during an event he knew about and has known about for quite some time.

Except what does he gain by attending the festival? The producers want nothing to do with him as far as I understand and why promote something that you haven't got anything to do with? Can you clarify that for me, please?

Nevertheless, it's great to hear that they're working on a new season of America's Got Talent!
- In my opinion it's pretty simple.

#1. He does it for his fans since that's what his Hoff image is all about as well as his hoffspace site --- promoting what he does to inform his fans. He's promoting himself by way of his connection to Knight Rider.

#2. He always explains how Knight Rider is very dear to his heart and there will be no other event this large for this property for quite a while. It is a shame he is going to miss it but that's show business I guess.

#3. He shows support for the fans who admire him as Michael Knight. As for a show he's no longer involved in, this couldn't be further from the truth. The KR dvds are still hot sellers and people across the globe still view him as the original Michael Knight regardless of if he's still involved with the property or not, Knight Rider put him on the map.

#4. Some things in life come along that are worth more than money, this is one of them.

#5. Some things you do for reasons other than yourself, in this case he should do it for the sick children. He should do it because he cares enough to try.

=VK=
:dash: