An Update from Gary Scott Thompson

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knighthazzard
Recruit

Re: An Update from Gary Scott Thompson

Post by knighthazzard » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:08 pm

Thought I would post this here since I found it relevant to Gary Scott Thompsons topic. I have just returned from visiting friends in Hong Kong and I bring good news. I was watching a channel called Star World? which is one of the channels broadcasting Knight Rider in Hong Kong and they are running really good promotion on Knight Rider. The Program featured in 2-3 commercials per commercial break for Knight Rider and they have started the run of the series including the Pilot Episode. It would be interesting to gain some statistics to see how well it fairing over there. If I remember rightly Baywatch Season 1 did not fair too well in its first season and was expensive to produce. However, the Producers and crew did not want to see the program go off air. I believe the programme underwent a one year exodus, but due to hard work, lots of promotion and strong interest from International markets and a new strategy; Season 2 was evently aired 2 falls later. I believe the same could happen with Knight Rider if NBC are relying on International success although I would personally love to see the programme next fall. We will have to wait and see the outcome. Lets hope that NBC have not lost sight of the fact that Knight Rider can be a success given the right approach and writing. We have seen some great storylines over the past 9 episodes- If only we could regain back those 10 crucial minutes that we had of viewing time in the original show- But first things first we need to secure a Season 2- In my opinion any show with limited publicity and promotion would be doomed from day one. The show was well promoted early on and then it fizzled out
Last edited by knighthazzard on Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by CJaguar442 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:10 pm

save the knight rider petition now at 9,060 signatures, hopefully 20,000 by April 1st

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/sav ... rider.html
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:06 pm

Great Work NEPS!!

The petition was submitted with 6171 signatures on February 20,2009. As of this posting I have heard nothing from anyone at NBC.

We have however gained another 2896 signatures in 17 days. The question now becomes does that help us or hurts us? That averages out to 170 signatures a day.

Pro’s : Shows continued support
Shows international interest

Cons: People keep signing Michael Knight, KITT, Dr. Graimen etc..

I would like some input as to what I should do with the petition
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:43 pm

sardille wrote:WOW! 9000 SIGNATURES ALREADY?
THAT IS GOOD CONSIDERING IS JUST FROM PEOPLE THAT VISIT THIS SITE
Actually, someone asked another question online about Knight Rider being canceled and I included a link to the petition. I just did that yesterday so it's not like it's going to make a huge difference.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:52 pm

The Petition was scheduled to close down on March 9, 2008. I reactivated the link, it will ow close on April 30,2009.
Last edited by Tony P Knight Driver on Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:53 pm

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:Great Work NEPS!!

The petition was submitted with 6171 signatures on February 20,2009. As of this posting I have heard nothing from anyone at NBC.

We have however gained another 2896 signatures in 17 days. The question now becomes does that help us or hurts us? That averages out to 170 signatures a day.

Pro’s : Shows continued support
Shows international interest

Cons: People keep signing Michael Knight, KITT, Dr. Graimen etc..

I would like some input as to what I should do with the petition
you forgot anonymous lol but any effort is good support :good: :good:
Save the Clocktower!

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:59 pm

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:The Petition was scheduled to close down on March 9, 2008. I reactivated the link, it will ow close on April 30,2009.
:good: Awesome, good job!

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:10 pm

is there a way to edit out the false information?
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:25 pm

Unfortunately I cannot edit the signatures without invalidating the entire document. Any alterations would be considered tampering.

I guess we have to trust that the executives at NBC view the “knight” signatures as fan dedication.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

miss_knightrider2010
Volunteer

Post by miss_knightrider2010 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:08 pm

Neps, your my best friend now :good:

Good to hear that KR is still on hold and giving us more breathing room. Hopefully season 2 will be on our way :mrgreen:
Mike: "KITT, you scream like a girl" LOL

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:13 am

blowersho wrote:GST talks out of both sides of his mouth, so why should we take these words as being true?
When a showrunner is the first to come out and be accessible and available to a fanbase (especially one as old and demanding as this), it's a bit unfair -to say the least- to come back with comments like this. I don't recall Thompson ever feeding us BS and, matter of fact, he didn't exactly have to respond to this e-mail either.

We'll have to cut back on our double standards of drooling over the possibility of a renewal, while at the same time we crucify those involved.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:35 am

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:Unfortunately I cannot edit the signatures without invalidating the entire document. Any alterations would be considered tampering.

I guess we have to trust that the executives at NBC view the “knight” signatures as fan dedication.
hopefully, wish there was a way to weed out the false names.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:26 am

NeoRanger wrote:
blowersho wrote:GST talks out of both sides of his mouth, so why should we take these words as being true?
When a showrunner is the first to come out and be accessible and available to a fanbase (especially one as old and demanding as this), it's a bit unfair -to say the least- to come back with comments like this. I don't recall Thompson ever feeding us BS and, matter of fact, he didn't exactly have to respond to this e-mail either.

We'll have to cut back on our double standards of drooling over the possibility of a renewal, while at the same time we crucify those involved.
Hmmmmm, the supposed functionality of the spoiler on the Attack KITT... Us getting answers of what happened to FLAG in I Love the Knight Life, the whole "turbo boosting the car so much you'll be asking us to stop jumping the car already" or however that went.. Just a few things I can remember off the top of my head. MAYBE plans changed prior to filming but none the less, it didn't happen. But the man does love to sell things. ;)

Don't get me wrong, it's cool he's cool with KRO and all that but it doesn't mean it gets him a free pass. At least with me anyway...
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:33 am

Well the uk need to come into play here somewhere.
I have heard Spain Holland will be getting the show... where is the support from a tv channel here?

Cam KNIGHT
Recruit

Post by Cam KNIGHT » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:19 am

I posted the petition link on the French forum. Does anyone here is on spain sites ?

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:08 am

I don't think he's being disingenuous here. He only stated that the cast has not been released from their contracts and that renewal might hinge on the international market. None of this really matters at this point though b/c its so late in the game.

I don't think KR will do well enough internationally to overcome the lack of capturing the 18-49 demo here in the US. And the cast still being contracted doesn't mean anything since their contracts are contingent on the show being alive which is solely at the discretion of NBC. In other words, NBC (I'm using "NBC" to also define the various production companies and other parties involved) maintains control over their contracts which doesn't mean that the cast being contracted is an indication the show is renewed. What it does tell you is that KR has not been officially canceled yet which would have released them from their contracts.

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:09 am

All GT and Le Mans race cars have big spoilers for downforce so in some cases they do serve a purpose.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:48 am

KnightRiderKR wrote:All GT and Le Mans race cars have big spoilers for downforce so in some cases they do serve a purpose.
When you are traveling at really fast speeds of over 500 or 600 MPH (I forget the current KITT speed limit) you do need such spoilers to avid your car from doing a back flip which is the last thing you'd want in the world trust me!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:08 pm

PunkMaister wrote: (I forget the current KITT speed limit)
377 Mph

KnightRiderKR
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightRiderKR » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:22 pm

weeezl wrote:
377 Mph

Why can't they just leave it at 300mph.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:16 pm

KnightRiderKR wrote:
weeezl wrote:
377 Mph

ok lets make it 400mph then
Save the Clocktower!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:53 pm

CJaguar442 wrote: ok lets make it 400mph then
Amen why should it go at the same speed as in TOS when is a next gen KITT? :good: :mrgreen: :good:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:00 pm

400MPH would be quite a bit faster than the original KITT. :wink: Actually 377MPH would be faster too, only thing is they never did sell KITT going super fast very well.. I'm drawing a blank though... What was KITT's top speed? IIRC it was either 200 or 250 which would then be 280-350 in SPM, but I think it was 300MPH with SPM but whatever. Of course the other answer is that KITT's top speed was whatever the situation called for and not "how fast can it go, but how fast do you want it to go", heh.
KnightRiderKR wrote:All GT and Le Mans race cars have big spoilers for downforce so in some cases they do serve a purpose.
Uhh, yeah I know that, I was talking about the functionality that GST claimed it had. It's still a big ass spoiler...
Last edited by PHOENIXZERO on Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:03 pm

CJaguar442 wrote:
KnightRiderKR wrote:
ok lets make it 400mph then
Hell while we're at it, why not have Kitt break the sound barrier . :D

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:03 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:400MPH would be much faster than the original KITT. :wink:
Uhh, yeah? I know that, I was talking about the functionality that GST claimed it had.
What other functionality could it have? :? What exactly did GST say about it? I'm curious now! :?: