Ford Shelby GT500KR to feature in Need for Speed Undercover

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jimknight
Rookie

Re: Ford Shelby GT500KR to feature in Need for Speed Undercover

Post by jimknight » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:15 am

just unlocked the GT500KR myself and have to say im enjoying winning races thinking im driving KI3T

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by weeezl » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:44 pm

My hero Kitt so far, he only has the scanner on one side though duh, I cant get the vinyls to sit in the grill, anyone know how to do this?
Attachments
kitt1.jpg
kitt1.jpg (185.89 KiB) Viewed 31372 times

Mathyus
Rookie

Post by Mathyus » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:04 am

I have a question for anyone who can help. I have been playing this off and on at a friend’s house, but I do not think I am to far into it yet. I was wondering how, when, or where do you unlock the GT 500KR? Thanks
End of line program... -MCP-

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Jan 09, 2009 7:24 pm

Mathyus - Need For Speed Undercover is all about winning races in order to unlock performance parts, bodykits and what not. During the course of the game you will be able to buy or select a car for free once you complete a certain amount of races and as the competitions get tougher you will be presented to even better cars with greater top speeds etc. The vehicles are classed from 1 - 4. Class 1 is composed of the best cars the game can offer and the Mustang can be found in class 2. To make a long story short, what you need to do is to keep playing in order to unlock the Mustang. Once you've unlocked it you can enter any car shop for class 2 model cars and buy it right from the dealership.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Mathyus
Rookie

Post by Mathyus » Sat Jan 10, 2009 5:11 pm

haha Well, the day after I posted this here, I got the GT 500KR unlocked. I got it after I had to "steal" a bunch of catrs in a short period of time. Then I was aloud to keep a car, and the GT 500KR was one of the choices. So, it did not cost me anything. I used money that I had earned to install all of the PRO upgrades. I think I will have to buy this game for my self. I have been using my friend's wife's ID while playing. So, I will just start it over at my place.
End of line program... -MCP-

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Post by KITT Season 4 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Does the ps2 version have KITt ? Is the game worth buying?

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:51 am

It doesn't matter what platform you're using, they're all the same (except the graphics of course).

If by Kitt you mean Ki3t, then yes. If by Kitt you mean Ki2t, then no.

Is it worth buying? Well, if you didn't like Most Wanted or Carbon you shouldn't buy it because the steering and the graphic engine is the same. What you're buying really is a game with old graphics and piss poor steering with a slightly different story. Nothing's new I'm afraid :(

These games are nothing like ProStreet were they had a new graphic engine and updated steering. If you haven't got ProStreet I'd recommend you to buy that instead. Unless of course you enjoyed Most Wanted or Carbon.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:16 pm

I'm playing it on ps2 and I've completed 65% of the game and have not yet unlocked the KR, are u sure it's on the ps2 version? I mean I've unlocked like 2 or 3 sets of cars and still no KR

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:32 am

cajunknight0153 - Apparently some cars are missing in the PS2 version and those can be found on PS3 and XBOX 360; nevertheless, the Shelby GT500KR should be in there and you can verify that by checking the list on this website: http://www.gamesradar.com/ps2/need-for- ... 4422321090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

To unlock the Shelby GT500KR you need to keep playing until you reach stage 4. Also you have to get 15,000 bounty before you can buy the 2nd round cars (were the Shelby GT500KR is found). You can also verify that information by checking this website: http://www.cheatmasters.com/qa/28046/Ne ... er_qa.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(disregard from the last post on the second website)

I hope this helps but for all intends and purposes the Mustang should be in there and through experience I'd say it takes a while before the Mustang is avaliable for purchase.

Good Luck!

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:09 am

i completed the story and i got my bounty way over 15k and still no Shelby KR, now i have the 67 GT500 (Eleanor) and the regular 05-current Ford Mustang, and the police mustang for chasedown mode

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:30 am

cajunknight0153 - According to that list the Shelby GT500KR should be in there. I'm not sure why you still haven't got it. Are you sure you have checked the carshop for 2nd level cars? There are different types of car dealers in the city you know. You need to enter that specific shop for 2nd level cars in order to purchase the Mustang.

If you still can't find it go online and check for cheats or something.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:10 pm

i went to the safe house and then went to the "My Cars" tab and then went to "Buy Cars" tab and its not there i mean idk where else to get cars

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:37 pm

I just completed all the races 100% game completion in career mode still no KR or R8 but I unlocked all the other cars

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:52 am

I tried to reply you yesterday but I couldn't post my message due to an error. Here's what you need to do. When in free roam press Esc --> Cars --> Store (NOT your own Carlist) --> American. The Shelby GT500KR should be the second last car on that list.

If you can't find it there then do the following. When in free roam press Esc --> Map and enter the store the cursor is pointing at on the picture below:

If you still can't find it I'm not sure of what to do next. Chances are the GT500KR isn't avaliable in the PS2 version but that's nonsense. The Shelby is mentioned in the official car list for PS2 so it should really be there.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:08 am

how am i gonna press esc on a playstation 2, its not a computer

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:36 am

OH, I'M SO SORRY!!! I was half asleep when I wrote that, hehehe...

Instead of pressing Esc (obviously) you pause it or press one of those buttons that takes you to the menu.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:27 pm

my map looks nothing like that picture, i mean apart from the language

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:19 pm

Oh well, that's as far as I can go I'm afraid.

cajunknight0153
Operative

Post by cajunknight0153 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:55 pm

that map looks more like need for speed carbon

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:27 pm

It's from Undercover (the PC version).

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:57 am

Found this when I was searching need for speed kitt in google.

http://www.nfscars.net/file/image/mostwanted/8448.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:01 am

Great find! Although I hope the graphics is better in the new upcoming Need for Speed Shift.

tomj_302
Stranger

Post by tomj_302 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:59 am

is there still the free roam option, not been on them since underground 2

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:46 pm

There's been free roam in all games (from underground and onwards) except ProStreet as far as I know.

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:40 am

I just picked up Undercover for the 360. Once I get the Shelby, I will hopefully get some pictures that one could classify as "turbo boost" shots. I have already found several good spots for them.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.