Ratings for "I Love the Knight Life"

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Ratings for "I Love the Knight Life"

Post by neps » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:06 am

Starting to come in slowly as usual.

from pifeedback.com:
NBC capped off Wednesday with the series-finale of Knight Rider (#4: 3.3/ 5), followed by struggling Life (#5: 2.8/ 4), and a repeat of Law & Order (#2: 4.5/ 8). If there is a lesson to be learned, it is to stop remaking old classic series. They don’t work! Remember the remakes of Family Affair, Little House on the Prairie, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island and Get Smart?
for the previous episode Knight Rider had a 3.6/6 viewtopic.php?f=1047&t=13900" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

larmindy
Volunteer

Re: Ratings for "I Love the Knight Life"

Post by larmindy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:16 am

That is too bad that we had a ratings drop at this point. I dont really understand it all, but I realize it could change through the day.

Anyway I don't think NBC will base its decision solely on the ratings, at least I hope not. With the choppy schedule, poor direction, and lousy marketing it is suprising, at this point, that is doing as well as it is.

I look forward to season 2, if not on NBC why not USA. They have Law and Order CI as new episodes showing. USA also ran TOS reruns for some time. Who knows this may be the option.
:kitt2:

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:22 am

and it has pretty much held it's own against American Idol...

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:24 am

To add to that, it has maintained without one teaser or commercial for this weeks show
Ice rider coming 2009

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:36 am

9.6 for AI I just can't fathom. I'll never understand why these reality shows are so popular.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:04 pm

Zap2It is reporting MUCH better news:
The "American Idol" results show, which included the announcement of the wild-card contestants performing tonight, drew a 13.1/21 at 8 p.m. and blew away everything else on the air. The season finale of "Knight Rider" on NBC was the best of the rest at 3.6/6, drawing slightly more total viewers than reruns of "Old Christine" and "Gary Unmarried" on CBS. A "Lost" rerun on ABC earned a 3.2/5. The return of "America's Next Top Model" (2.3/4) to The CW represented a big improvement over the net's recent rerun fare.

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:21 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:9.6 for AI I just can't fathom. I'll never understand why these reality shows are so popular.
AI is terribly popular for two reasons - one is the "cinderella story" concept, of some ordinary joe becoming a super mega-star, along with fun music that most people can sing along to. The second is because of one person - Simon Cowell - people like his "character" on the show. It really IS a fun show to watch.

But frankly, I've had quite enough of these reality shows. There was a time when game shows were all the rage on primetime (AI is kind of a mix between these I suppose) - like Millionaire, Weakest Link, etc. Deal or No Deal did well, but it doesn't look like it's lasting (although one of the briefcase holder girls was the co-star in Fight Knight).

During these depressing economic times, it's good to have some escapist adventure shows like KR. The Law and Order series isn't really escapist - it's more like reality meets drama (since many of their cases are based on actual events). NCIS sucks, but is similar to JAG (which only had one thing going for it - Katherine Bell). But considering that KR brought in 3.3 despite NO episode last week and NO teasers during the past two weeks, you have to admit that such a viewership is impressive. I think for some reason NBC is intentionally either (1) trying to kill KR, or (2) trying to see whether it can hold it's own with no network publicity - which I think it clearly is doing.

As to the writing and acting, most first seasons of popular series had horrible writing and acting, including the original KR, Smallville, Star Trek TNG, ER and even the West Wing, to name a few. It usually took at least a second or sometimes even a third season for the writing and especially the acting to really get sharp enough to do well for itself. I just hope NBC remembers that.

Well, anyway, here's hoping for a second season.
Attachments
KITTSMILIE-1.gif
KITTSMILIE-1.gif (26.97 KiB) Viewed 44467 times

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:26 pm

from tvbythenumbers:
Time Net Show Viewers (Millons) 18-49 Rating/Share 18-34 Rating/Share
8:00 FOX American Idol 22.51 7.8/22 6.3/19
NBC Knight Rider (finale) 5.76 1.8/5 1.4/4
CBS New Adventures of Old Christine (R) 5.51 1.5/4 0.9/3
ABC LOST (R) 4.79 1.7/5 1.2/4
CW America’s Next Top Model (premiere) 3.32 1.5/4 1.9/6

8:30 CBS Gary Unmarried (R) 5.41 1.6/4 0.9/3

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:27 pm

Final chart for Season 1:
Picture 12.png
Picture 12.png (52.18 KiB) Viewed 45161 times

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:48 pm

I noticed the article referred to it as "series" finale. I don't think there has been one single ratings report that hasn't taken a small jab at the series in one form or another. "Ratings-challenged," "soon-to-be-canceled," "series finale," "struggling," etc.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:15 pm

I can't believe the ratings went up, thats great news. I hope someone at NBC looks at this and says "Well we did everything to not promote and the ratings still go up"....HELLO NBC, wake up with a little promotion and now that the shows is more to everyones liking they can make this work for a second season.
Ice rider coming 2009

save knight rider
Stranger

Post by save knight rider » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:28 pm

:karr: what is the rating scale based on??? :) at this rate all the awesome shows are going out the door and if that happens you will not have any viewers any more including me!!!!! :evil: For All of the knight rider fans who want kmight rider back for a second season go to http://www.gopetititon.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; then type in knight rider then scroll down to the bottom and you either sign a petition or write a letter or e-mail feedback.... we have 7,657 signatures as of right now.....Please keep on signing so we (NBC) and the fans of knight rider can enjoy another season of knight rider.Keep the support guys thanks :)

FLAGCEO
Operative

Post by FLAGCEO » Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:17 pm

5.76 BABY!!!!
And with literally NO promotion by NBC. That has to mean something to the execs, unless they're just cold, heartless automotons... which they may be... who knows.

I just wish we were still in the 7's like the first five episodes. Maybe cancellation wouldn't be looming so large. But we still have staying power, even if it's not the highest. I mean we DID beat LOST this time!
Bring Knight Rider back for Season 2!!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:13 pm

FLAGCEO wrote:5.76 BABY!!!!
And with literally NO promotion by NBC. That has to mean something to the execs, unless they're just cold, heartless automotons... which they may be... who knows.
It should do, if not it proves they don't care.

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:56 pm

I think if anything what will probably the swing vote for KR08 to stay on the air is the last three episodes consistantly going up in viewership. If you look at the NBC shows if you go to tvbythenumbers.com which I hate that web however this doesn't lie, KR was one of I see two shows that actually had increases over the last two weeks, thats including Heroes, Chuck, FNL's all the top 20 shows on NBC was down but KR was actually up, promote as we say it would get 7 million easily, and FNL's still got 2 seasons and its ratings are way below KR....

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:36 pm

FLAGCEO wrote:5.76 BABY!!!!

I just wish we were still in the 7's like the first five episodes. Maybe cancellation wouldn't be looming so large. But we still have staying power, even if it's not the highest. I mean we DID beat LOST this time!
That's what I keep trying to tell myself too! lol
I don't like that the numbers dipped so far once we came back after the Election crap, but that I think was b/c, as has been already said, people got turned off by the whole "Terrorist of the week" plot. I do think word was slowly trickling that KR was better, though I can't explain that last dip to 4. something mil about four or so weeks ago...

But I do hope that NBC exes look at the fact that with little promotion KR was able to get 5mil easy and that it was starting to climb! And Hey! NBC has their own free PR dept for KR! US! LOL But I think that may have been part of why KR didn't get any promotion to begin with lol....

I honestly think that if there had been a full 21 ep set, that the ratings would have continued to improve.
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:55 pm

Well at least the ratings are not following a negative trend since the last three episodes. Important thing to keep in mind here is that NBC didn't advertise Knight Rider the way it did in the beginning. So the fact that we are getting a positive slope without the ads is quite remarkable. Of course we need to thank all of the members at KRO for supporting the show and to those who actually did promote it to their friends and acquaints. The Knight Rider crew owes this community a lot because without KRO it wouldn't last very long. All we can hope for now is a second season but I guess we'll know the end of that by late fall this year.
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:15 pm

I think what, if anything, will save Knight Rider is if the executives see that KR has potential and some things they did in the first half of the season were mistakes, but more importantly that KR has a fan base and if they can make episodes like they did in the second half of the first season then they can grab a larger audience. Remember the retooled episodes came on after the some viewership drop off and it went up against American Idol. Fingers crossed for a second season. :kitt:

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:21 pm

Lost Knight wrote:I don't think there has been one single ratings report that hasn't taken a small jab at the series in one form or another. "Ratings-challenged," "soon-to-be-canceled," "series finale," "struggling," etc.
I know, its really annoying, frankly. I can see their point an extent, but despite their comments every week the show's 2nd or 3rd place, so you'd think they'd cut it out.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:22 pm

Why should NBC keep KR?

-They got a free PR department! :D You all know who you are!
-Already established fan base of millions world wide!
-KI3T has fangirls! (DeviantART.com is full of them!)
-It's better than 90% of the TV shows out there.
-It's got a talking car!
-Lots of support from people!

If you have anything to add, please add to my list by replying! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:08 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:Why should NBC keep KR?

-They got a free PR department! :D You all know who you are!
-Already established fan base of millions world wide!
-KI3T has fangirls! (DeviantART.com is full of them!)
-It's better than 90% of the TV shows out there.
-It's got a talking car!
-Lots of support from people!

If you have anything to add, please add to my list by replying! :D
How about the Knight Festival? There's proof that now the show is back on track (although a lot of the early episodes are amongst my favourites too) and with a good promotional push to show this, the programme can be a hit worldwide. It'll never win the ratings war, but the merchandising, the international sales of the show itself, and the fanbase could all bring in tons of moolah for NBC.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:02 am

I forgot to add KRF! :O Oh, and NBC should bring back KR and sell some stationary supplies. I want a KI3T pen, or a KI3t eraser with light-up scanners. :D A KI3T shaped mouse pad would be GREAT!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Aydann.
Rookie
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Aydann. » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:23 pm

It was pritty Good. Although, In most of the Episodes, Sarah always strips down into her Underwear which was a shame this time as that didnt happen. Okay Serious now, I think the Ending was abit Mhmm.. Boring? Considering it was the Last of the Series and who knows Maybe they wont bring a Series 2 out -CRY- (I hope they do by the way).
One man can make a difference, Michael.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:40 pm

Man, why would you bring a thread back to life after being idle for 9 months?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway