Knight Rider 2008 Dutch (and international) coverage

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider 2008 Dutch (and international) coverage

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:43 pm

As the show started airing last week in the Netherlands one would think the commercials and promos would end. But actually no, RTL and its stations (RTL 4,5,7 & 8 ) are still airing promos for Knight Rider, saying that a legend is reborn and that we should prepare for a new Knight Rider next sunday at 20:30 hours on RTL7. It is the same commercial which aired last week and was uploaded to youtube, but nevertheless it is still being promoted quite frequently (daily) across all of the RTL stations. *Take note NBC!*

For the record RTL7 is one of RTL smallest stations in Holland but it is trying to profile itself as a "male" channel with macho, sci-fi and action series. Knight Rider last week was the most popular RTL7 show for the sunday evening. It should be interesting to see if this week Knight Rider can again be the best viewed RTL7 show on sunday evening.

Please post your comments on this and or maybe even personal experiences on promotions for Knight Rider in your own country.

Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Re: Knight Rider 2008 Dutch (and international) coverage

Post by weeezl » Fri Mar 06, 2009 6:20 pm

Still no news on any UK channels picking it up, I'm wondering if Bionic Woman is to blame?

Drifty
Rookie

Post by Drifty » Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:35 pm

weeezl wrote:Still no news on any UK channels picking it up, I'm wondering if Bionic Woman is to blame?
I heard that all stations are becoming wary of US shows because the network execs in US are regarded as being "trigger-happy" with cancellations and UK networks don't want to shell out money only for the show to be cancelled. I understand that when 2nd seasons of any new shows are picked and do well, then the UK will start bidding for them. Bionic Woman is a good example since BBC or Sky paid good money a multi year deal, then saw it flushed down the drain. I guess in todays market no-one is willing to chance that yet. On this basis, I think it works in KR's favour since our chilled out Dutch cousins have and are showing NBC it can be popular internationally. Maybe NBC are monitoring? Does anyone know if they are?

sarfraz
FLAG Assistant

Post by sarfraz » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:49 pm

Lets hope so. I recall a similar thing happened with Lost on Channel 4 and Heroes on BBC for that matter. Lost had started airing season 2 before season 1 aired in the UK. This allowed channel 4 to air Lost season 2 almost immediately after season 1. Both shows arrived late to the UK. Heroes was showing on Sci Fi channel which I suspect triggered the BBC once they realised how popular it was.

Actually thinking about it, UK television is littered with similar examples of broadcasters either coming in late or "stealing" other broadcasters import shows all the time.

Something that might also work in KR's favour is ITV's financial woes. It means they are more likely to purchase imported TV than shell out on their own more expensive productions. I'm sure their mini-series dramas will be heavily hit.

Sarfraz
"I would not sell yourself short Michael, you are much more than a horse"

trissybabes
FLAG Recruit

Post by trissybabes » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:33 am

sarfraz wrote:Lets hope so. I recall a similar thing happened with Lost on Channel 4 and Heroes on BBC for that matter. Lost had started airing season 2 before season 1 aired in the UK. This allowed channel 4 to air Lost season 2 almost immediately after season 1. Both shows arrived late to the UK. Heroes was showing on Sci Fi channel which I suspect triggered the BBC once they realised how popular it was.

Actually thinking about it, UK television is littered with similar examples of broadcasters either coming in late or "stealing" other broadcasters import shows all the time.

Something that might also work in KR's favour is ITV's financial woes. It means they are more likely to purchase imported TV than shell out on their own more expensive productions. I'm sure their mini-series dramas will be heavily hit.

Sarfraz
Only if it's cheap! Otherwise they'll just stuff the schedules with "Britain's Got Talent" repeats...

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:54 am

Episode 2 was again the best watched RTL7 program of the day. It will be interesting to see if the show keeps it up being the best viewed RTL7 program of the sunday during its run. RTL7 sadly does not attract millions (because the Dutch cable TV market is extremely saturated with RTL alone owning 4 stations) , still its good to see that KR is the best viewed show on there. This should boost the decision makers to keep making the show. Now if the show gets sold to a big station in Germany and England and does ok... I think syndication can be the new way of the show and we will get our new episodes!

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:50 am

Still waiting to hear word on airing dates for Australian viewers..

Apolian
Volunteer

Post by Apolian » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:06 am

i wrote the german RTL an email to ask when Knight Rider starts in germany. there reply was that they still negotiate
about the rights and money. but i`m confident that the show will start at least in september. remember the germans have to dubbing first so that tooks a little more effort. and when the german RTL starts airing the show then i´m sure
that the ORF in austria and SF1 in switzerland start airing the show in german too. so the are at least 3 Countries more :good:

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:31 pm

RTL Germany? GREAT NEWS! That is one of the major TV stations in one of the biggest countries in Europe! GREAT GREAT GREAT! Thanks for this info!

Bandit1
Operative

Post by Bandit1 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:09 pm

RTL... :roll:

that was a standart email that they sens you.

i heard some rumors about "pro7" want to get it. but dont really know yet :wink:

check this, Knight Rider Online for germany :D

http://www.knight-rider-board.de/board/ ... boardid=96
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:31 pm

trissybabes wrote: Only if it's cheap! Otherwise they'll just stuff the schedules with "Britain's Got Talent" repeats...
Don't even joke about it :? knowing our luck this is exactly what'll happen. :)

Nice avatar BTW :good:

Apolian
Volunteer

Post by Apolian » Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:08 pm

@Bandit i dont think that PRO7 get it because the Bertelsmann Group owns ( if i´m right) the dutch RTL too.
so i think they keep it in the company and dont forget that TOS premiered in 1985 on RTL (-plus). in fact it doesnt matter on which tv station it runs the main point is that starts soon.

Longun
Volunteer

Post by Longun » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:00 am

the only thing I'm worried about is the international community doing the same thing as the US and that’s switching off after the first few episodes. Are there any foreign fan clubs we can warn that it gets loads better after episode 10?

Herdervriend
Stranger

Post by Herdervriend » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:15 pm

Me am from Holland and not watch the old version anymore because I already seen most of the episodes, so maybe not see the stuff you are meaning. But must say, that Holland airs it so fast is nice. Now I am curious, if RTl7 will go on...Ah I love this show:D

Armandox
Stranger

Post by Armandox » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:46 am

RTL7 will at least air the whole 17-episode long 1st season. Ofcoarse RTL executives have been monitoring the progress of the series and seem to have faith in it, hence the 17-episode run. So I think there is some prosparity for this series since more and more networks show interest, certainly also sparked by our enthousiasm for the revival! If we and more and more fans keep on supporting the new Knight Rider, no network will deny it's popularity, and a second season seems alsmost evident!

I like the way the whole season developed, and the final episode gave enough food and performance for a continuation. The performances of all actors seemed to fit and bonds appeared to be made. It would be a pity if it would stop here, since the whole production was on the right track. I think a few more pick-ups by other networks would seal a longterm production-contract for the series, as faith in this series clearly has not run out!

Let's hope for the best and keep our favorite show alive! Enjoy the Dutch airings and let's keep our fingers crossed!

Mblackphoenix
Rookie

Post by Mblackphoenix » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:50 pm

Bandit1 wrote:RTL... :roll:

that was a standart email that they sens you.

i heard some rumors about "pro7" want to get it. but dont really know yet :wink:

check this, Knight Rider Online for germany :D

http://www.knight-rider-board.de/board/ ... boardid=96
Till now its nothing save.

Maybe the RTL Group will buy the rights for it.
But this we hear probably not for the LA Screenings which take place in may.
The RTL Group have the favorite rights for films from NBC.
If the RTL Group dont want it, than other channels can take it.
(One little note: I´m Phoenix from the Knight Rider Board. And watching KR08 since the first speculation. ;) And give detailed information about the new series i can. Thanks here to KRO. You make a great work. :good: )
Greetings

Phoenix / Sabine

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:12 pm

Just wanted to show you people this cool image!
Shows how KR is getting love in terms of promo by RTL7. On their main page too!
Take note NBC.
Attachments
KR promo RTL7 online.jpg
KR promo RTL7 online.jpg (212.18 KiB) Viewed 19751 times

couwe
Volunteer

Post by couwe » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:24 pm

Soon they will launch knight rider 2008 in belgium on Prime ;)

http://www.prime.be/nl/fiche/serie.asp? ... ight_rider

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:12 am

:( no word yet in the middel east!!!! I dont know why. hope it does come to our screen soon Image :kitt:

MrPayner
Operative

Post by MrPayner » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:14 am

I've just emailled the network here in Australia that broadcast the 2 hour pilot back in September last year. I"m awaiting a response.

Adz

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:23 am

does anybody know how kr08 is doing in the ratings in these other countries?
in glen larson we trust.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:35 pm

New Knight Rider was the second most popular TV show on the Dutch RTL7 last night, only being beat by the formula one grand prix of Bahrain earlier on the day.

It even beat the IRL race which aired after KR.

Michael Long
Volunteer

RTL GERMANY bought the rights to KR

Post by Michael Long » Sat May 02, 2009 2:40 am

Hey guys...

I just read, that RTL TELEVISION Germany bought the rights for the new series, airing it from September 12th saturday afternoons.

superfun
Volunteer

Post by superfun » Sat May 02, 2009 5:34 pm

according to the statement that RTL germany is airing the new Knight Rider from 12th september, there´s also written, that it is canceled after 17 episodes.
So nobody knows, if these info comes from nbc and was gone public through RTL´s statement. I hope not!

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sun May 17, 2009 2:59 pm

Something I noticed, KR is now available for download on the PlayStation network. All episodes are on there and in both SD and HD. People from the US can buy the episodes as of now.
Attachments
IMG0014A2.jpg
IMG0014A2.jpg (249.07 KiB) Viewed 18775 times
IMG0015A2.jpg
IMG0015A2.jpg (202.75 KiB) Viewed 18777 times
IMG0018A2.jpg
IMG0018A2.jpg (239.79 KiB) Viewed 18777 times