Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Dark Knight_23
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion - I Love The Knight Life

Post by Dark Knight_23 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:26 am

I Love How Sarah Showed The F.L.A.G. Database with The Newly Designed F.L.A.G. Logo, LOOKED AWSOME!!!

*Looking Forward to Season Two, GREAT JOB TO GARY SCOTT THOMPSON & NBC ON THE RE-BOOT, REALLY MADE A DIFFERENCE*

devious82
Volunteer

Post by devious82 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:32 am

Kitzira wrote:
devious82 wrote::cry: im so upset, I had the episode to tape tonight because I wasn't home and something happened to the DVR and it never taped, so I have no idea what happened or how it ended. Is there anywhere to watch the full episode? I really want to see it, I've read the above comments and it's so ticked I didn't get to see it.... I knew I should have stayed home to watch it.
I assume you're in the states, so tomorrow you can watch it online from NBC's site or Hulu.

yep that I am... I will definately have to check that out tomorrow.. i keep heard stuff from the show and I'm getting more excited to see it... When we get Season 2 going... I'm not leaving the house when KR is on, so then I wont miss nothing!!! :good:
Billy: Mike, did I just hear KITT smacking you around?
Mike: KITT and I are communicating. ...It’s what partners do.
Billy: Ah, it just sounded like KITT was making you his bitch.

Signer #6910

My_Friend_KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by My_Friend_KITT » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:44 am

I found this episode absolutely wonderful!
It was great from the point where Mike thanked sarah for installing the backstabbing program to when Mike asked KITT to initiate Designated Driver Mode and the mention of "One Man Can Make a Difference".

I totally thought...Incredible Hulk tooo...I sooo waited for the guy to turn Green...*Giggle*

The whole episode just felt great!
Even the Disco song, "I Love the Night Life" made me smile.

Thank You everyone in the Production of Knight Rider! It has been the best! I am ready for Season 2. Are you?
That is a computer not a sofa.......Knight of the Drones

A firsthand viewer of Knight Rider '08!
And I LOVED it!

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:23 am

Another good episode. I liked how Billy was the one getting some female attention for a change.

I really like how they turned this show around in the second half of the season.

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:35 am

This was another great show tonight! I'm glad I was taping it because the damn inlaws stopped the DVR recording for some reason. Oh I know why they're technologically inept. Other than stupid family members it was a great show. The story line the humor the relationship between the cast members and KITT are great.

I just know that if Ms. Bromstad cancels the show their ratings will fall further behind the other networks. I believe KITT was the only primetime non "reality" show that kept them "afloat" in the ratings. KITT usually ran in the top three every Wednesday and I think that is great ratings for the 8 pm slot on a Wednesday.

Let's keep the 2nd season writing campaign going! Let's convince Ms. Bromstad that we want more drama/action shows not so much "reality" or sitcom TV anymore.

Was it just me or did you catch the reference to the A-team tonight? Templeton? Wasn't "face man" called Templeton Peck?

If this is the end of the series, I'm not saying it is, but IF it is at least they didn't leave us hanging like they did with TKR.

Will Hasselhoff return or is that still a rumor?

dhinzy
Stranger

Post by dhinzy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:46 am

I would like to know the name of the song which played during Michael parking KITT outside club.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:21 am

Eh, not my favorite episode. Well, I dunno. It was a well written episode, lots of humor and good dialogue, but KITT didn't really do anything, and the superhuman thing was a little over-the-top. And why did KITT just sit there as that thing slowly descended on him. Sure the girl had a gun, but couldn't he just laser it?
As for the effects, they're closer with the bullets, at least there are sparks as they were deflected, but do we really need those shield pulses? Also, that snic thing should not have been visible, that just looks cheesy. At first I just thought the graphic was on KITT's windshield which would've been fine, but why could we see it? What were we seeing anyway, sound?
And lastly, that was NOT an explanation of what happened to the old FLAG, the liars. Sure, fans may have exagerrated the proposed 'explanation' a bit. But we didn't even get a name. The reference in episode two was bigger with their cover names being Devon and Bonnie.

With that out of the way, what did I like? As I said, almost all of the dialogue and writing was good. As people have said, Mike drunk was pretty funny. I also liked the Mike and KITT heart-to-heart moments in the middle and at he end. There were also a lot of very pretty shots of the car. I also really liked the powerslide park job.
The "one man can make a difference" line was appreciated, especially in conjunction with the KNIGHT plate, but seriously, a bit of a half-assed reference if you ask me, one that should have been done several times before.

I'm sad its over though, and I hope it returns. This wasn't my favorite episode, partly due to the high hopes I had for it, but there were several I genuinely enjoyed. Thanks Knight Rider, hope to see you again.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

KITT_Vs._KARR
Operative

Post by KITT_Vs._KARR » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:26 am

:shock:
I just read the blog by Eric Buchman

Tonight was our 17th and final episode of the season, but it was actually shot as our 13th episode. Matt Pyken has already touched upon some of the reasons why episodes get shuffled around in his blog entry from Dec. 31st. Why did this episode in particular get moved? It's simple. After looking at cuts of all the remaining episodes to air, this one most felt like the beginning of something new. And, ideally, that's what you want in a season finale -- a launching point for the following season.

I think we have a 2nd Season!! :good:

http://blog.nbc.com/knightrider/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There is the best, then the Rest!

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:34 am

I think he was just saying that the episode best sets up a second season if they were to get one. There's no way he would know whether the show had been renewed or not. We probably won't know til April.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:53 am

LOVED the A Team nod...

"Templeton Benedict"
Templeton Peck was Played by Dirk Benedict who often impersonated various people.

Chazsza
Volunteer

Post by Chazsza » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:22 am

loved this episode! it was awesome! gotta say, this is now my favorite episode!
but where was turbo boost?? i thought he was going to turbo boost over that f-150!?? lol
we better get a second season!! :twisted:
lol when mike was drunk it reminded me of Hasselhoff talking to kitt in season 1 for some reason lol
thank you Knight Rider!! :good:
Signer #1433

wez
Operative

Post by wez » Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:57 am

great show i will miss it if we don't get a second season... mike drunk was sooo funny... kitt was great aswell

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:36 am

great episode. to me it was the second best right after "exit light, enter knight".
i loved the humor, no transformations or over the top CGI crap and a solid story with good usage of all the characters.
the end definately felt like the beginning of something great.
i'm glad FLAG is back, one man can still make a difference and that it's finally a designated driver again :-)
oh, and don't forget the KNIGHT plate on KITT, which is awesome!
this episode is definately a fantastic template for what future epsiodes should be. i can only pray that we'll get a second season.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 6:49 am

all these comments make really want to see the episod ASAP. I have not because I still need to get it.
but what I hvae noticed so far from all the comments, they all agree that it was a great episod. and this is -to me at least- didnt happen before.
we always have different opnions about different issues of the episod. this is an excellent indication.

Any Idea when we will get the ratings? hope they keep improving than last one Image :kitt:

TallSox08
Volunteer

Post by TallSox08 » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:49 am

Who was the actress that played the girl that Mike threw in the trunk? I think it's the same girl who played a fellow spy on Chuck last season, tried looking it up on IMDB but naturally it was no help.

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:39 am

Something I forgot to mention in my post last night: Did anyone notice the LEATHER jacket Mike was wearing? Hmmm... is he getting to be more like his dad? I did a double take when I first saw it, since he hadn't worn a leather jacket in any previous episodes.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:12 am

YEEEEEEEEEEEES! this episode was pure TOS! :) :good: man im so happy. Man and a mention of One Man Can Make A Difference! whoot :good: This episode had it all and i hope the ratings show. heres hoping for a second season :)
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

automatedrovingrobot
Volunteer

Post by automatedrovingrobot » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:16 am

Brilliant, brilliant episode. The development of KITT and the ability of Bruening the carry his character - in let's be honest, a not cheesy manner, have really moved it ot a new level.
I really enjoyed the cmoedy moment, the action and the cues to the TOS.
It is excellently set up for a second season. Well done NBC et al.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:18 am

TallSox08 wrote:Who was the actress that played the girl that Mike threw in the trunk? I think it's the same girl who played a fellow spy on Chuck last season, tried looking it up on IMDB but naturally it was no help.
Talking about that I loved when KITT was interrogating her! KITT can be one scary SOB when he wants too! :twisted:

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:29 am

I also love how when KITT was interegating the girl KITT used KARR's Scanner sound that was awesome :P
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:48 am

Very unimpressive episode.

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:57 am

I was actually thinking more "Bane" than "Incredible Hulk" - you know, the guy who broke Batman's back and nearly killed him in the comics, got turned into Uma Thurman's pet musclebound moron in that crappy movie?
But maybe that's because except for the X-Men and Iron Man, I'm more into DC than Marvel.

That said...From cracking Torres's password to her idea for what's-her-name's interrogation, Zoe ROCKED, as pretty much always. Though BTW, I'm curious: Does the "what happened in Hawaii" Mike mentioned refer to what I think it does?

Unimpressive episode overall compared to the last few, but not that bad - for me, the absolute worse point of the series remains "Knight to King's Pawn", and this one was way beyond that in terms of quality. Plus, it also had to be, in some regards, the FUNNIEST episode.
"What's that?"
"That's the lady I stuffed in the trunk. She knows where Galt is."
Mike is an EXTREMELY funny drunk. :mrgreen: :lol:

I also had a slight fangasm when I saw Mike in a leather jacket, as IIRC he hasn't worn one since the Pilot.

AND THE NEW FLAG LOGO IS BADASS.

AND SHE SAID IT!!! SARAH FINALLY SAID IT!!!!
"One man can make a difference."
AT LAST!
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:11 am

Drunk Mike was definitely the funniest thing that I have seen in all of KR08 thus far. Hopefully, if there is a second season, we can see a little more of that. :mrgreen:
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:32 am

This was a great episodel but I wish they' had exsplained what happened to Flag and why it needed reestblishing.
But all the classic elements where there.

Humour Kitt zapping that guy was genuis. "Tell me where Micheal is"
The drunk part was great as well.
And the thing I think most of us where waiting to hear"One man Can Make a Drffrence"
Now it's time for us to sit and bite are nails down to the fingers untill the Scedule is announced for 09/10 season.

Mad Max Smart
Volunteer

Post by Mad Max Smart » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:54 am

Just finished watching it and about to start it again.
I have 3 main shows I watch at the moment Chuck, Lost and KR.
I sat through Lost earlier not paying much attention but as soon as I started watching this episode of KR I was glued to the screen.

Great Job.
The Humour was spot on (but it's not needed in every episode, don't turn Season2 into a comedy FFS)
The action was perfect.
Acting was top notch (hey i even believed that the boy friend from Ugly Betty could be a bad guy!!! who knew :wink: )
Booze humour = 10/10
Over the top Baywatch boob moments were back again!
FLAG
One man can make a difference

It was all there!

All in all thanks for everything you guys have done to keep the show on and here's hoping on S2.
I'll be the first one to raise a glass to the cast if there's a S2

Mart