NBC Still Calling the March 4th Episode The "Season Finale"

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Mr. M
Rookie

NBC Still Calling the March 4th Episode The "Season Finale"

Post by Mr. M » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:38 pm

Hello all,

Long time Knight Rider fan from the '80s and fan of the new show.

Anyway, I noticed on NBC's site that they are calling the March 4th episode season finale still. That doesn't mean anything really, but it's not being called the "finale" or "series finale" yet, which is good.

Also, I noticed NBC has put all the season 1 episodes back up to watch. (In the past there were only a few episodes that expired after 5 or 6 weeks. All episodes now expire in September 2009). I usually don't like to try and persuade people online to do anything so maybe it's best to offer an idea and suggestion which is to watch some of these episodes again as I am sure NBC can and does keep track of how many times an episode is downloaded. They're decision to renew Knight Rider may be based off of this. I know I'll try and watch some of the episodes from the second half again and perhaps a couple from the first half of the season.

Then again maybe I am wrong and KR08 is canceled and NBC simply wants to allow fans to view the episodes for free until September. I am going to think positively here until I read NBC has canceled Knight Rider, which I imagine would probably be in the next few months.

If KR08 isn't picked up for a full season, maybe we'll get it as a mid-season replacement like they did with Heroes?

Here's hoping for a season 2 with episodes similar to those that we have seen in the second half of season one!

Knytemare
Volunteer

Re: NBC Still Calling the March 4th Episode The "Season Finale"

Post by Knytemare » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:19 am

I really hope they continue with a season 2 because it seems they finally have the right mix going. I liked the show when it first aired, but now I love the show. There are so many instances where I am reminded of the original series and I love that! Like you, until I read the word "cancelled" I am going to be hoping for a season 2!
"I am the Knight Industries Roving Assistant, but you may call me KIRA for short."

knightnl1978
Stranger

Post by knightnl1978 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:13 am

Tonight it will air in the netherlands. The comercials are over the network for a week now.

greetz.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:41 am

All our prayers to have season 2 and more to come. its a matter of tiem till we find out Image :kitt:

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:40 pm

I would say in the next few months we could find out NBC's schedule. I say "could" because NBC may still not make a decision and decide not to include it on their fall schedule.

Oh, and I've also felt a little compelled to post on NBC's "Knight Writers" blogs, again just to show interest as I doubt NBC is coming here to read our comments. Perhaps for the finale we could get some additional members from this website to post there for all the episodes, if they haven't done so already. Again, just to show support. No registration is required. Here's the link for everyone's convenience: http://blog.nbc.com/knightrider/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:11 pm

I hope they make it to a Season 2, of course, but hopefully with Gary Scott Thompson removed as showrunner.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:38 pm

The week of April 1st is when the NBC fall slate will be announced. So a month to go. If you haven't started your "save the show" campaigns better hurry up and get it done now.

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:58 pm

Indeed, I urge everyone to look at our campaigning section here: viewforum.php?f=1049" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Download the preformated letters that are addressed to NBC and Ford... and cast your vote in the poll so we can keep track of the people who have helped in keeping the show on air for another season!

Also as knightnl1978 said, the show started weekly airing today in Holland, the pilot aired January 1st.

The show has had commercials on all RTL channels (even on the main commercial station RTL4) and also had banners popping up during the airing of the other shows they have. It "for Dutch terms" is getting some serious promotion! Take note NBC!
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:25 pm

NBC calling it "Season Finale" really doesn't mean anything, even if NBC has already made up their mind to not renew the show, they would still call it that. It's been done many times before.. It probably won't mean much but since NBC has opened up access to all the episodes up again, it wouldn't hurt play all of them once or twice, heh. :wink:
Mr. M wrote:I would say in the next few months we could find out NBC's schedule. I say "could" because NBC may still not make a decision and decide not to include it on their fall schedule.

Oh, and I've also felt a little compelled to post on NBC's "Knight Writers" blogs, again just to show interest as I doubt NBC is coming here to read our comments. Perhaps for the finale we could get some additional members from this website to post there for all the episodes, if they haven't done so already. Again, just to show support. No registration is required. Here's the link for everyone's convenience: http://blog.nbc.com/knightrider/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
I doubt they look at their own sites either with all the stupidity that goes on in them. Then there's the issue of some people clicking submit a dozen times for the exact same message, if anyone was really paying attention they'd clean it up. I'd wager more people involved with the show visit here
Mr.Marcus wrote:The week of April 1st is when the NBC fall slate will be announced. So a month to go. If you haven't started your "save the show" campaigns better hurry up and get it done now.
I'm sure we'll get a several lame attempts at April Fools jokes whether NBC announces it that day or later in the week.
Last edited by PHOENIXZERO on Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:27 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
Mr.Marcus wrote:The week of April 1st is when the NBC fall slate will be announced. So a month to go. If you haven't started your "save the show" campaigns better hurry up and get it done now.
I'm sure we'll get a several lame attempts at April Fools jokes whether NBC announces it that day or later in the week.
April Fool's or not I have a strong feeling that no one here will be laughing when NBC's fall slate is announced. Jus sayin'.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:40 pm

This is interesting the commerical I saw today clearly showed series finale. And even the announcer said it. Thats two days in a row I have seen this type of commerical.

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:36 pm

Nelson B wrote:This is interesting the commerical I saw today clearly showed series finale. And even the announcer said it. Thats two days in a row I have seen this type of commerical.
It very well could be the series finale. As I said NBC calling this the season finale doesn't meant too much until we here the final decision or don't see KR on the fall schedule with no word from NBC. Networks have simply canceled shows by just not renewing them for a second season. The local network this announcer works for could very well know if NBC decided to renew Knight Rider or not. NBC could very well be calling it the season finale to avoid upsetting people, but like I said I am going to think positively for now. :D

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:06 am

Mr. M wrote:
Nelson B wrote:This is interesting the commerical I saw today clearly showed series finale. And even the announcer said it. Thats two days in a row I have seen this type of commerical.
It very well could be the series finale. As I said NBC calling this the season finale doesn't meant too much until we here the final decision or don't see KR on the fall schedule with no word from NBC. Networks have simply canceled shows by just not renewing them for a second season. The local network this announcer works for could very well know if NBC decided to renew Knight Rider or not. NBC could very well be calling it the season finale to avoid upsetting people, but like I said I am going to think positively for now. :D
what every they want to call it. name doesnt matter. we need a season 2 :twisted: Image :kitt:

Dr. Graiman
Rookie

Post by Dr. Graiman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:11 am

They call it SEASON ONE :good: !!!It wouldn't make sence if they cancel the show...or does it? There is hope
season1.jpg
season1.jpg (33.19 KiB) Viewed 16415 times

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:27 am

What network is it on? E! Canada or an NBC affiliate that you're able to get from Vancouver? Heh, is the announcer British? :P
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

gromia77
Rookie

Post by gromia77 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:32 am

It would be great to get good news around my birthday. Would be a nice present :)
Zoe: Burn rubber Kitt!
Kitt: Burning rubber.

Knight of Sweden
Operative

Post by Knight of Sweden » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:59 am

It's been on air in sweden for about 3 weeks now.
I'm not following it on swedish tv but hey.

I really hope they pick up the show for a second season. Anything else would be like a slap in the face, as the last 6-7 episodes has been really good. It's like it's the 80s again :D

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:23 pm

I don't know how many people pay attention to the news section on this site, but I am pretty sure that this will settle the matter. http://knightrideronline.com/news/2008/ ... ys_gst.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

Nelson B
Operative

Post by Nelson B » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:56 pm

Pheonixzero I actually have Bell ExpressVu Satelite TV where I live. Sorry I can't remember what channel it was. It might have been movietime channel. As it's a free preview right now. And I have been watching it alot lately.

Mr. M
Rookie

Post by Mr. M » Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:10 pm

It's a slim chance, but I am keeping my fingers crossed for a second season.

As others have said they don't really advertise Knight Rider and I haven't heard anything about it even being any kind of finale. Maybe we can get some made for TV movies if not a second season. I am hoping for a second season similar to the second half of season one though.

To NBC, a second season would be great without the transformations!

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:53 pm

It sounds like NBC is not pulling the plug on the show. The link I posted has very convincing proof that a second season is in the works.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:50 am

Dr. Graiman wrote:They call it SEASON ONE :good: !!!It wouldn't make sence if they cancel the show...or does it? There is hope
season1.jpg
On the one hand I wanna say no. But then again the could be stringing us along (pricks).
But the the fact that all eps till the last one are available to watch online, when b4 they were not, I would like to think bodes well for our crime-fighting duo.

I am cautiously optimistic about a S2 and send up a quick prayer everyday that we get a S2. It may seem stupid to ask a higher power to renew a series, but it has potential and I would like to see it stick around awhile.

Anyway, I'm off to pray again! lol
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:58 am

Except that it's a story from almost three months ago. Just because it wasn't canceled then means nothing as to the situation now.

KITT_Vs._KARR
Operative

Post by KITT_Vs._KARR » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:15 am

Just found this one the Offical NBC KR Forums (it was Pinned, its about the series finale)

STRONGER THAN IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE—Mike (Justin Bruening) and KITT (voiced by Val Kilmer) are trying to track down a stolen serum that maximizes the recipient’s physicality before it gets into the wrong hands. With the help of the lab’s research assistant, Billy (Paul Campbell) learns some information about the serum that will help Mike when he takes on the now powerful thief. Meanwhile, Sarah (Deanna Russo) is overwhelmed with her new duties and quickly learns how much work it will take to reinstitute the Foundataion for Law and Government.

So Maybe its gonna have a Season 2 ^.^
There is the best, then the Rest!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:48 am

What makes you draw that conclusion? The episode description has been available for over two months and is on several other sites, including KRO? Not to mention that the pinned topic was made on January 7th... The air date of the episode hasn't even been updated or corrected by a mod there and with its saying it would air on 1/29 despite the fact that we've known about the order change since shortly before episode 12 aired. Another thing, this pinned topic was made by someone working for NBC who didn't even get the date right for the day of the week KR airs on, which they also never even bothered to go back and correct! It does more to show how little NBC on all levels care about Knight Rider (or maybe their forums as a whole) and give any sort of indication for a second season. Reminds me of why I've stayed away from there....

Here's the topic BTW for those curious.

http://boards.nbc.com/nbc/index.php?showtopic=812548" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Okay I'm gonna go take my cranky carcass to bed now. >_<