New knight rider season 1 coming to the netherlands

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight-industry-2008
Recruit

New knight rider season 1 coming to the netherlands

Post by Knight-industry-2008 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:24 am

from this week sunday knight rider is coming every week on RTL7 at 9:30PM 20:30 just saw the commercial last night and that was awsome gonna watch all the eps all over again and recorde that cant wait

R.I.T.T.
Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: New knight rider season 1 coming to the netherlands

Post by R.I.T.T. » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:27 am

As much as I want to support Knight Rider...they also show new episodes of NUMB3RS on that time slot...but wait I have two tv's :P So I could watch them both...sorta...
Hello, I am Rush Industries Three Thousand, R.I.T.T. for easy reference, or Ritt if you prefer.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:33 am

Although I have it on my laptop, I would love to see on TV and watch the reaction of people on that. I wounder when it will come to the Middle East Image :kitt:

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:47 am

Oh the Netherlands... thats so close to the uk... come on uk tv get it on..

wez
Operative

Post by wez » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:02 am

whet wrote:Oh the Netherlands... thats so close to the uk... come on uk tv get it on..

yeah mate would b gr8 if we got it in the uk :karr: :kitt:

Drifty
Rookie

Post by Drifty » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:31 am

Agreed. ITV and Sky need to sort it out. They both want it, so one should back out. Then we'll get it. Otherwise....we can go Amsterdam to watch KR......woohoo....another great reason to go there!!!!

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:38 am

Drifty wrote:Agreed. ITV and Sky need to sort it out. They both want it, so one should back out.
We know this? That'd be great if they wanted it but I haven't heard any news on this.

Also, they might be waiting to see if it's picked up for season two first.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

wez
Operative

Post by wez » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:31 pm

Drifty wrote:Agreed. ITV and Sky need to sort it out. They both want it, so one should back out. Then we'll get it. Otherwise....we can go Amsterdam to watch KR......woohoo....another great reason to go there!!!!

if that was tru thats gr8 news about 1 of them gettin it

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:42 pm

I don't watch ITV to get the new KR, they'll cut it to ribbons like they did with the original
series in the 80s! I don't want Sky to get the new KR either, unless they put it on Sky3 for
those of us with Freeview ... I ain't lining Rupert Murdoch's pockets just for KR!

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Yeah I remember ITV's repeats in the 90's too. They showed KR during the middle of Saturday afternoons and some episodes were horribly edited, I remember especially Halloween Knight not making much sense. And the whole last scene (the bit where they all reflect on the mission and say something funny lol) was missing from Knight In Retreat because the schedule was running late that day. If ITV bought KR2 they'd show it Saturday tea-times with no promotion and then take it off after a few weeks when they start to wonder why no one's watching a cut down version they didn't even know was there!

Bravo's LONG run of KR1 (looped constantly for about 7 years!) was also edited but no where near as badly. They were showing it at 8pm but also at 12 noon, so they bought in a pre-edited version that they could show at both times.

It would be cool if Sky got it though, as they'd promote it properly and give it a decent timeslot (and wouldn't they also be able to tell how many people Sky+ it too?) and as for Freeview owners Sky would probably do what they did with Battlestar Galactica and show a repeat a few days later after each episode on Sky 3.

But have we any confirmation of these stations being interested...?
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

rickth64
Volunteer

Post by rickth64 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:50 am

Well, RTL7 isn't exactly the most popular channel, RTL4 or 5 would be a better choice :P

(RTL7 is niet echt de populairste zender, RTL4 of 5 zou beter zijn. Maar goed, ik ga ze toch wel bekijken hoor :good: :P )

Drifty
Rookie

Post by Drifty » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:27 am

I saw it all listed in The Sun newspaper as well as The Metro newspaper back in September when the first episode of KR aired on NBC. At the time, ITV said they were confident of getting it because they had the original run back in the 80's.
I also saw they repeated it in the late 90s, but KR was only 30 mins long with ad breaks! I agree that was poorly edited. I'll try to find some confirmation though......

Drifty
Rookie

Post by Drifty » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:33 am

Drifty wrote:I saw it all listed in The Sun newspaper as well as The Metro newspaper back in September when the first episode of KR aired on NBC. At the time, ITV said they were confident of getting it because they had the original run back in the 80's.
I also saw they repeated it in the late 90s, but KR was only 30 mins long with ad breaks! I agree that was poorly edited. I'll try to find some confirmation though......
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 581545.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... 736421.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ok, the second is funny because its clear the critic didn't watch the episode!

Knight Shadow
Volunteer

Post by Knight Shadow » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:12 am

I hope Knight Rider is coming to Germany too. Because we are so curious about the new series. We want to see it as soon as possible on screen. :)

R.I.T.T.
Recruit

Post by R.I.T.T. » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:18 am

rickth64 wrote:Well, RTL7 isn't exactly the most popular channel, RTL4 or 5 would be a better choice :P

(RTL7 is niet echt de populairste zender, RTL4 of 5 zou beter zijn. Maar goed, ik ga ze toch wel bekijken hoor :good: :P )
Well, RTL 7 does show the old Knight Rider every evening at 7. (and the A-team, and lately also some pretty good movies.

It's better than most of the garbage that SBS/Veronica and Net 5 show. :P (except aformentioned NUMB3RS and NCIS)
Hello, I am Rush Industries Three Thousand, R.I.T.T. for easy reference, or Ritt if you prefer.

rickth64
Volunteer

Post by rickth64 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:21 am

R.I.T.T. wrote:
rickth64 wrote:Well, RTL7 isn't exactly the most popular channel, RTL4 or 5 would be a better choice :P

Well, RTL 7 does show the old Knight Rider every evening at 7. (and the A-team, and lately also some pretty good movies.

It's better than most of the garbage that SBS/Veronica and Net 5 show. :P (except aformentioned NUMB3RS and NCIS)
That's right, the shows on SBS Network (SBS6, NET5 and Veronica) are all garbage :lol:

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:40 am

Drifty wrote:I saw it all listed in The Sun newspaper as well as The Metro newspaper back in September when the first episode of KR aired on NBC. At the time, ITV said they were confident of getting it because they had the original run back in the 80's.
That's Channel 5 you're thinking of. ITV showed the full episodes but trimmed them for violence or drugs references, but back in the 80's after KR had finished some 30-minute edits of the first and some of the second season were made by Universal and sold abroad. Channel 5 showed these at one stage at tea-time on weekday evenings, after showing the first three seasons in their full (but slightly edited) format on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:44 pm

When the pilot aired on January first, it was the best watched RTL7 program of that day. I am sure the series will do the exact same.
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:54 pm

knightendo77 wrote: It would be cool if Sky got it though, as they'd promote it properly and give it a decent
timeslot (and wouldn't they also be able to tell how many people Sky+ it too?) and as
for Freeview owners Sky would probably do what they did with Battlestar Galactica
and show a repeat a few days later after each episode on Sky 3.
Knowing Sky's programming bosses, if they got the new KR, they'll most probably do the same as
they did with Prison Break. Sky have both the first-run and free-to-air rights for PB, the eps are
premiered on Sky1, with re-runs on Sky2, which is only available on Sky Digital via subscription.
(Is Sky 2 back on VirginMedia, or is it still exclusive to Sky Digital customers?)

I'd prefer to see either Virgin 1 or Five USA pick up the new KR for the UK, not Sky or ITV.
No point in subscribing to Sky only for new KR, and ITV would rip the episodes to shreds!

rickth64
Volunteer

Post by rickth64 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Solid Snake wrote:When the pilot aired on January first, it was the best watched RTL7 program of that day. I am sure the series will do the exact same.
Yeah, but the pilot movie was on RTL5, not 7 8)

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:51 am

DJGM wrote:
Knowing Sky's programming bosses, if they got the new KR, they'll most probably do the same as
they did with Prison Break. Sky have both the first-run and free-to-air rights for PB, the eps are
premiered on Sky1, with re-runs on Sky2, which is only available on Sky Digital via subscription.
(Is Sky 2 back on VirginMedia, or is it still exclusive to Sky Digital customers?)

I'd prefer to see either Virgin 1 or Five USA pick up the new KR for the UK, not Sky or ITV.
No point in subscribing to Sky only for new KR, and ITV would rip the episodes to shreds![/quote]

I'm not sure about Freeview but I know Sky One, Two and Three are available on Virgin Media as they sorted out their differences. But you're right about ITV, they'll never put a non-British programme in a decent timeslot. At one time I would've gone with Five but they messed up Charmed (too early, cut - never watched it but read this) and Two & A Half Men which was missing bits and shoved on a stupid Sunday tea-time slot. I can't see the BBC getting it but they'd probably be the ones to treat it right, ironically!
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."