Ratings for "Knight and the City"

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Ratings for "Knight and the City"

Post by chrisjones » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:40 pm

Lynda414 wrote:They don't have to go out and drink, they can drink while watching KR.
You are joking? :?
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:14 pm

chrisjones wrote:
Lynda414 wrote:They don't have to go out and drink, they can drink while watching KR.
You are joking? :?
Well... yeah.

I never understood the whole 'going out every friday and drinking' thing. But then again, when I was a teenager I watched the X-Files, so my friday nights were taken.

bige12
Rookie

Post by bige12 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:18 pm

Moving the show to Sunday on NBC will not work during the fall NBC has Sunday Night Football (NFL) at 8:00 pm

KnightCrusader99
Operative

Post by KnightCrusader99 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:34 pm

I like the idea of moving KR to Monday Night with Chuck. However, the problem with that is at Monday at 9 is the #1 comedy on television: Two and a Half Men. Good luck pulling people from that... But the lead of viewers from Chuck might help boost ratings.

Only problem is that Monday night is getting full of stuff to watch for me. I was watching Chuck and Two and a Half Men to start out, then my coworker got me hooked on Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother, and on top of THAT House moved to Monday as well. Our poor DVR working overtime on Monday nights, I don't think it could handle KR on top of that....

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:10 pm

Monday? Really? KR would have a even worse time on Monday and there's not reason NBC would move the show to that night when they already have two shows on that have much better ratings in total viewers and demos. Not to mention Monday is a football night as well as a WWE night (which Friday is also) and those two alone devour much of the male demo that KR is supposedly going for, some of the kids too with WWE these days, doesn't matter if football season is over, when the next TV season comes it'll be right around the corner again.

Saturday could be tried but it really is a terrible night for any programming on the broadcast networks, as is Fridays, with few exceptions.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:20 pm

And don't forget 24 which is on Monday nights at 9 P.M. as well.

But NBC is obsessed with the notion that this is supposed to be an 8 P.M. show, so even if it switched nights I believe it would remain at 8 P.M. Anything airing in the 9 P.M. slot on any night is irrelevant, apparently.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:23 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:
Skav wrote:The problem with moving a show like KR to a friday night is that the younger generation (the ones that watch it) go out, get drunk and have fun.

It makes no sense to move it to a Fri or Sat night. Sunday would be cool.
It makes complete sense to move a show like KR to a friday/saturday night. KR is a cult show. Cult shows on major networks do well on a friday/saturday night. The Pretender was on saturday nights on NBC and had 4 seasons and 2 tv movies. Moving it to Sunday won't help. 8 o clock will be against home makeover, simpsons, family guy. 9 o clock will be against desperate housewives. These shows have been in those time slots for years and have very loyal viewers so they aren't going to watch KR in that timeslot. Also, don't believe the hype. Not nearly as many people go out every weekend as they have you believe.
Sorry but your last statement is idiotic (not calling you an idiot, btw). I guess you don't know about the binge drinking problems we have in the world today. You probably haven't seen it being mentioned on the news or the various commercials that encourage people to drink more responsibly.

While this is going off topic I really had to pull that one up.

KR is targeted to a younger generation and they, we, as in me, go out on friday and saturday nights to party. Fact. It's not hype or an example of something that's being overrated.

I don't know where you are from (maybe you live in a little village that has a small community) but your statement is false.

KR will FAIL on those days as the only people staying in will be the older generation and believe me, they won't make the show as or anymore popular simply because they won't watch it.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lovemymac
Stranger

Post by lovemymac » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:20 pm

Why does it matter what time a show is on? i have 3 or 4 shows on at once some nights. Doesnt stop me from watching them all. Gosh people we are in 2009 not 1983. We have DVRs with directv, dish network and all cable services and you can buy a Tivo.

Who in 2009 actually watches a show live with commercials in tact? Also i dont get this which night something is on either. Who cares if its friday night that is why we have such a thing as a DVR. and for those left in the stone age there is always a VCR. although a VCR limits you to 1 station.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:55 pm

Not everyone has a DVR, I'd wager that DVR use is still only in a minority of homes.

Networks care about live viewers, it doesn't matter how many do or don't watch the commercials or if you don't care, they don't give a crap about those who watch via DVR or even viewers on Hulu or NBC.com. Commercials are what pays for shows and people stopping watching the commercials via skipping through them with DVRs is one reason why there's so much "product integration" these days.
Last edited by PHOENIXZERO on Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:57 pm

lovemymac wrote:Why does it matter what time a show is on? i have 3 or 4 shows on at once some nights. Doesnt stop me from watching them all. Gosh people we are in 2009 not 1983. We have DVRs with directv, dish network and all cable services and you can buy a Tivo.

Who in 2009 actually watches a show live with commercials in tact? Also i dont get this which night something is on either. Who cares if its friday night that is why we have such a thing as a DVR. and for those left in the stone age there is always a VCR. although a VCR limits you to 1 station.
Even though they should, networks don't record recordings of shows, only live viewings.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:20 pm

Gosh! I totally forgot about all the competition on Mondays! My hubby likes 24 and forget what day its on! LOL

So if, weekends are bad, and Mondays are worse; how is KR doing on Wed? I mean I know it's been 3rd pretty much all season, but compared to the others (AI not included) is it good? Bad? What?
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:11 pm

Skav wrote:KR is targeted to a younger generation and they, we, as in me, go out on friday and saturday nights to party. Fact. It's not hype or an example of something that's being overrated.
Apparently the Friday night 'going out' theme is missing the geeks. I can't remember the last time I went out on a Friday night to 'party.' Wait, what's parting? I heard about it in college, but I was too distracted watching Adult Swim and playing Final Fantasy Online. >.>

Yes, Friday & Saturday nights are a black hole for tv. A fair amount of ppl go out to see movie premiers and have dinner out. But don't assume that everyone parties all the time or never.

That, and when you live in a big city.. it becomes easier to see a movie or eat out on the weekdays... just so that you can avoid the mad rush of crazy people that exist on the weekends.
Read KR Fanfiction and Post your own at http://www.knightfic.com

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:38 pm

Don't forget that peopl also have less money to go out every weekend as well. Well, most people.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:31 pm

Lynda414 wrote: Well... yeah.

I never understood the whole 'going out every friday and drinking' thing. But then again, when I was a teenager I watched the X-Files, so my friday nights were taken.
:mrgreen: Me too. I think KR is the fist show since X-files that has equaled it in my obsessive need to stay home and watch it.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:06 am

Skav wrote:
lovemymac wrote:Even though they should, networks don't record recordings of shows, only live viewings.
And there's a very good reason for that.

Just because someone records a show doesn't mean they will watch it. Ratings are all about how many people watch a show. Not how many people record it.

I would agree that it's time rating recording methods where brought up to date to reflect the way we now watch shows. Many people are now watching on the net and the fact that the channels are not monitoring these new ways of viewing shows as part of their ratings just shows how backwards they are.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:58 am

Kitzira wrote:
Skav wrote:KR is targeted to a younger generation and they, we, as in me, go out on friday and saturday nights to party. Fact. It's not hype or an example of something that's being overrated.
Apparently the Friday night 'going out' theme is missing the geeks. I can't remember the last time I went out on a Friday night to 'party.' Wait, what's parting? I heard about it in college, but I was too distracted watching Adult Swim and playing Final Fantasy Online. >.>
ha! story of my life. in fact, i still do those things..
you still play FFXI?
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:05 am

I think the numbers are great. we are moving in the right direction. Image :kitt:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:51 am

If you think they're great then you're the only one because being next to last place (tied with New Adventures of Old Christine in 18-34 though that show beats KR in 18-49) in the two main demos, lower than Univision is not great or good by any means. To be fair KR did have around 900K more viewers but even with that it had lower demos than Univision.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:34 am

Maybe, but we are getting somewhere. dont you agree? I mean the numbers do increase and more people gets the word about KR. So why losing hope? Remember the no promotion, cutting episods and all that stuff. this affects the series. but all in all, the feedback is very good.
And Dont forget the big factor now, we will have a week gap untill we get our last episod. now that may have a low rate since most people will not pay attention to the airing date mentioned by NBC. very much like what happened with Obama. Image :kitt:

K.I.T.T 3000
Stranger

Post by K.I.T.T 3000 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:58 am

I am from Australia and highly Enjoy KR 2008 It is one of my favourite shows and it will be a shame if NBC doesn't give them the green light for season two, but they haven't played the series here yet, just the pilot back in October. The eppisodes past 12 really fixed up some problems with the show and i hope they continue with a season 2

Knight Wolf 619
Volunteer

Post by Knight Wolf 619 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:02 am

NBC needs to realize that having any show going up against idol is bound to have so so ratings at best, Its should also be so easy for them to see that kr 08 has started to get more positive press since the changes the last few weeks, (i hate saying reboot) lol and that it has a pretty passionate fan base like us, I'm pretty sure if its moved to another night of the week the ratings might improve even though i don't think they have been to bad seeing what it is up against.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:04 am

K.I.T.T 3000 wrote:I am from Australia and highly Enjoy KR 2008 It is one of my favourite shows and it will be a shame if NBC doesn't give them the green light for season two, but they haven't played the series here yet, just the pilot back in October. The eppisodes past 12 really fixed up some problems with the show and i hope they continue with a season 2
every body has the same Idea in mind my freind. All of us will be jumbing all over the place the moment we know we have a seson 2 Image :kitt:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:33 am

Lynda414 wrote:
Well... yeah.

Up until I had my little girl I used to go out every Fri & Sat to the pubs and clubs, mostly never being able to remember if I had a good night or not, usually the big fat headache and just loose change left afterwards was a dead giveaway "I must have" :)

I'm happy to spend weekends hanging at home watching movies and stuff and I don't even miss the manic nights out, damn sight cheaper as well!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:35 pm

Sue wrote:
Lynda414 wrote: Well... yeah.

:mrgreen: Me too. I think KR is the fist show since X-files that has equaled it in my obsessive need to stay home and watch it.
We're like kindred spirits Sue. ^_^ Now the kids kee me home, but yeah, KR is the only thing I watch on the television.

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:35 pm

KITT wrote:
Kitzira wrote:
ha! story of my life. in fact, i still do those things..
you still play FFXI?
Nope, moved on to WoW.

Actually, it's been something like: Ragnarok Online, FFXI, WoW, Private Ragnarok Online, brief flash back to FFXI, and now back to WoW... over the past 6 years.
Read KR Fanfiction and Post your own at http://www.knightfic.com