We need to CREATE a media event concerning saving KR SOON!!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

jaj1701
Volunteer

We need to CREATE a media event concerning saving KR SOON!!

Post by jaj1701 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:29 am

Ok, this is just my opinion of course but......

We need viewer to start skewing up our numbers NOW! NBC is not helping make viewers aware of the show. And I don't think we can afford to run commercials ourselves (any billionaires out there).

I think we need to seriously step up the save KR campaign to get the show some attention. We need something that will be enough to create news storys for a slow day. We need a gimmick as just having a petition with a few thousand signatures just isn't news worthy. I think the petition will be an important piece....but we all know, we are dead without ratings.

I remember reading it somewhere else and I really like the Kit-Kat Idea. It's just corny and cheesy enough that it might work. Anyone have a better idea?

We have a petition with thousands of signatures so far. While not a tremenous #, it gives the media something else to report on.

I think we need a website to promote the idea, have the PDFs, point to here and the petitions, and give the media something to mention. Maybe KitKatstosaveKitt.com or something like it. We need a facebook, myspace, etc pages and start spamming every friend we have asking them to sign on and mail a kit kat.

Have a counter to show how many people have pledged to send/have sent kit-kats to NBC.

Contact Nestle's, perhaps someone in their marketing department, and see if they have any interest in being a part of it (the publicity can only help them). I noticed they updated their logo for their bars recently (http://www.kitkat.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;).

Contact people like CNN's "internet" reporter......again, at least get her attention so if she needs something for a slow day.

There are a lot of people who don't know the show exists. There are those that will tune in just out of curiosity based on seeing the story.

BUT, if this is to be done, it must be done quickly.......and have dedicated people ready to put work towards this.

An appointed leader. The person that oversees the operation and makes decisions where we don't have consensus. Maybe would also be the media contact.

A team to oversee the project.

Someone to edited the KitKat graphic to give us our logo. Obviously adding a T to Kit, something about saving Knight Rider, and the website link on there.

Someone who can produce a cool YouTube video. I've seen some great ones done by members here.

Someone who can be in charge of contacting media outlets about the story, having a "press kit" with our story, our contact information, etc.

We already have the letterhead designed...I haven't read the text of it though.

Someone to do the web work for http://www.kitkatstosavekitt.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or whereever we chose to host it.

etc....etc.....etc.

It would be nice if a KITT replica owner would be willing to get involved too, but that's probably a long shot.

A. Am I the only one that things this is necessary?
B. Does anyone have a better idea of how we could get media attention?
C. Who's willing to step up and help?

This will take a lot of hard work and dedication from a lot of people. Can we do it? Should we do it?

DavidKnight
Rookie

Re: We need to CREATE a media event concerning saving KR SOON!!

Post by DavidKnight » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:09 pm

What about a cornfield? You draw out "KNIGHT RIDER" or something like that. They shouldnt think we are UFOs, lol :mrgreen:

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by neps » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:13 pm

Excellent post - I was just about to do one similar!

There are some really great ideas here - please keep them coming. We all need to step up and take action on as many of these items as we can.

But beyond sending in KitKats (which is great and been mentioned) we need to step up the game I think. Letters & Online Petitions are being done, but we need more. We need something that gets attention of the media.

We need something big and we need to do it ASAP. I think we can do a second wave at the Knight Rider Festival - but NBC is already pimping potential fall shows to advertisers, so we need to go big or go home.

One idea I thought was to get a KI2T replica, a KI3T replica or several of each and drive them to NBC - and do some sort of demonstration. Maybe we fill up a KITT with KitKats and get media attention and drop it off at NBC or at a hospital/shelter that has kids.

Maybe we print up bumper stickers of KITTs scanner and stick it on things around the city - asking people who find them to goto a site or something, I dunno...

Maybe we can get the KITT replica owners or fans in general to each make a video that we can then merge and send around to people as a promotional tool (kind of like a take on wherethehellismatt.com http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlfKdbWwruY&fmt=22" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

We need to think outside the box here!

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:49 pm

I have the following sites available to assit with a knight rider promotion if needed.

http://www.foundationlawandgovernement.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.foundationlawandgovernment.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.foundationlawandgoverment.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.foundationlawandgoverment.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they are hosted on godaddy.

if the will help the we can use them.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:58 pm

I absolutely agree. I think that if we all start sending Kit kats and make it a fun symbol of our campaign that the media might pick up on it. We need to be uniform in what we send and I agree that Kit kats makes a nice fun symbol. I also am totally willing to stand in front of either Jay Leno or NBC and walk around with picket signs in protest of their lack of advertising for the show. If we can get KI2T or KI3T there too that would be even better. If we get a news station to pick that up that could be huge. I know I'm local to LA.. please post if you are also local and want to get involved. It could be something thats a lot of fun, but also might actually help save the show.

Oh.. and if you missed it here is the website we started so far for our campaign.
http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... /campaign/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:23 pm

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:I have the following sites available to assit with a knight rider promotion if needed.

http://www.foundationlawandgovernement.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.foundationlawandgovernment.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.foundationlawandgoverment.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.foundationlawandgoverment.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they are hosted on godaddy.

if the will help the we can use them.
Do the people that host this websites support the new show?

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:26 pm

they are my websites.
I support the show and will post whatever we need to for suuport.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:30 pm

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:they are my websites.
I support the show and will post whatever we need to for suuport.
Oh OK is just that there other FLAG websites outhere but they do not care about the new show and it's continued existence, they are only homages to the TOS and that's it...

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:32 pm

Neps took what i was going to say, haha.

I was going to mention about ppl with KI2T and KI3T have a car show in NBC parking lot, haha.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:38 pm

I know this suggestion inst a media event........but how about inviting Angela or other NBC ppl to KR Festival in Vegas?
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:53 pm

GT500KR wrote:I know this suggestion inst a media event........but how about inviting Angela or other NBC ppl to KR Festival in Vegas?
It could be a nice gesture, but I think now is the time to act and Vegas might be too late.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

jaj1701
Volunteer

Post by jaj1701 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:00 pm

Sue wrote:I absolutely agree. I think that if we all start sending Kit kats and make it a fun symbol of our campaign that the media might pick up on it. We need to be uniform in what we send and I agree that Kit kats makes a nice fun symbol. I also am totally willing to stand in front of either Jay Leno or NBC and walk around with picket signs in protest of their lack of advertising for the show. If we can get KI2T or KI3T there too that would be even better. If we get a news station to pick that up that could be huge. I know I'm local to LA.. please post if you are also local and want to get involved. It could be something thats a lot of fun, but also might actually help save the show.

Oh.. and if you missed it here is the website we started so far for our campaign.
http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... /campaign/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
** This will be rushed, as I have to leave the house in a minute or two **

Glad everyone seems to agree.

Sue, we are certainly on the same page. I'm in Minnesota, so can't help you locally, but I am willing to help in anyway I can....except financially right now. I like your ideas. Heck, just having local opporunities like every day handing out our Kit Kats with our flyer to people waiting Leno....stuff like that.

We do need a coordinated, consistent effort and message. I'm out of town for a hockey game until around midnight central time. If any type of phone call or chat is desired to start to quickly hammer out details....I'm certainly willing. Just PM me.

Sue, you may want to think about a fund raising mechanism too, as we may have some great ideas that cost a little bit of money.

I will try to check in from my phone....but I'm to sure how well KRO formats on it.

Last thing.....this might not work....but at least we'll know that we did everything we could to make this happen.

Let's do this!

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:21 pm

This is why knightrider must keep going and like ive said and we all know can be huge. Knight rider has touched ppl world wide, its not our fault they started it all wrong and finaly got it right. ITS NOT TO LATE TO SAVE IT. I love how im see evryone get together with all these ideas. we can MAKE A DIFRENCE. Time is short so it must be fast.

How about this maybe puting ads all over your car for knight rider on nbc wed 8-7 central :good: especialy whoever owns a mustang. You will be amazed how many ppl still dont know about it. But of course the signs would have to say it been rebooted for the haters.
maybe on our days off make a tshirt with the new kitt saying knight rider. Its sad that nbc should be doing this but there not.

maybe make our own comercial for the reboot saying things like sometimes good things cant be changed knight rider is now back better then ever post it on youtube, and tag it with anything so ppl fall across it. Even telling evryone you can about the reboot would help. THE ONLY THING THAT CAN SAVE THE SHOW NOW IS RATINGS FOR THESE LAST FOUR EPISODES.if they drop from our 6.10 its over, if they rise the that means the reboot and knightrider its proving itself.

SO LETS GET ALL OUR IDEAS TOGETHER AND DO THIS. :good:

kitt2k
Operative

Post by kitt2k » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:42 pm

Marketing the show is something I have some experience in. I put on event in Colorado before the show debuted, and have done a couple of mall appearances. Benefit I have, and what gets me into places, is that I have an original KITT replica, and that gets people's attention. I have used KITT to get people excited about the new show. My replica is the best marketing tool I could ask for, and has done a lot to get the word out on the show. You would be surprised how many people DO NOT watch network television anymore, but sure were excited to know that "Knight Rider" a favorite show from their childhood, was back on the air again.

I am willing to use the car again for whatever we can come up with.

We can all "picket" our local NBC affiliates across the country at the exact same time with KITT cars, and hand out KIT KATS to the people coming and going while advertising the show with soem nice flyers. Might be a way to get some media coverage acoss the country, since thsi is teh main point. Just an idea, maybe we can build on this??

Bandit1
Operative

Post by Bandit1 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:57 pm

good luck guys. :wink:

i hope u can save the show so we can watch it in europe to :good:

from season 1 to season 100 :D

how can we support it from germany? :?:
Sorry for bad laguage,i´m still learning english!

GREETINGS FROM GERMANY

LisaRosa
Recruit

Post by LisaRosa » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:59 pm

This might be an idea but it might cost a lot but I'm not sure:

Back in 1996 or right around that time there was a show called Kung Fu: The Legend Continues. When it was being threatened with cancellation after three seasons, the fans got together and created an ad to go into Variety magazine saying how much they enjoyed the show and wanted a 4th season. It did the trick and KF:TLC got its forth season. The same could be done here, but like I said, it probably cost a bundle. I wasn't involved with in getting that done, but heard about it afterward. It wasn't a major network show but it did have a large following, about the same as KR.

Anyway, just wanted to throw that idea out there. :)
Lisa :kittside:

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:58 pm

I am in Connecticut so i cannot help at NBC in CA. But if you guys want to coordinate something at the same day and time on the east and west coasts simultaniously. That might draw some media attention to the show.

it would be great if we could actually coordinate three events, west coast,mid west, east coast same day same time, same message.

what about posting an ad on craigslist.org?
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:36 am

Craig'sList .org would be a great idea! :D So many people use that site, and it would be great help! :D Plus it's free! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:51 am

Okay so I still have no volunteers to protest in front of NBC with me. I'll totally do it alone, what do you guys think. If we pick a day we could all stand in front of NBC in our own state with a sign or something to hand out?

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:21 am

Sue wrote:Okay so I still have no volunteers to protest in front of NBC with me. I'll totally do it alone, what do you guys think. If we pick a day we could all stand in front of NBC in our own state with a sign or something to hand out?
I'll take the kids down if someone can give me an address to the NYC location.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:56 pm

working in tv, the news inparticular, i feel like i should be able to help. i just don't know how. i told a reporter about the knight rider festival in vegas, and since i am going, she wants to send me down there with a camera. we need something huge. like what happened with jericho. they sent such a huge shipment of.. what was it? peanuts? to NBC that it got media attention, and saved the show..

if we do something like that with kit kats? or have a KI2T or KI3T come by with it..
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;