Live Discussion - Knight and the City

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion - Knight and the City

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:06 pm

This is one of those few shows that continues to get better every week. The turbo boost was awesome, KI#T was awesome, the whole plot was excellent! Little sad there was no preview. But who knows....
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

FuzzieDice
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by FuzzieDice » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:08 pm

Is it me or...
They didn't show previews for next week's show? Is the season over with? Man, I'm SO far behind in things!

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:10 pm

I loved the side ways turbo boost with a flip. Another great episode. What the hell happened to the preview for next week? Was tonight the last episode and has that idiot NBC President cancelled the show one episode short of the end of the season? If she has I want this season on DVD and I won't watch NBC any more after tonight!

It was good to see the oldest of the three Taylor boys back on TV.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:12 pm

David Whiteheart wrote:I loved the side ways turbo boost with a flip. Another great episode. What the hell happened to the preview for next week? Was tonight the last episode and has that idiot NBC President cancelled the show one episode short of the end of the season? If she has I want this season on DVD and I won't watch NBC any more after tonight!

It was good to see the oldest of the three Taylor boys back on TV.
He was in an episode of Buffy on it's last season I think...
Put the word out!

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:12 pm

WAIT where next weeks episode? i checked the tv guide no knight rider next week. :| Todays was amazing classic knight rider in new times :good: where next weeks:(

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:12 pm

I don't think there is an episode next week. I believe the final episode comes the week after.

Today's was a fun episode though! Nice little mystery.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:13 pm

The final is now on March 4th.
Put the word out!

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:16 pm

If they canceled it omg im never ever watching nbc again todays episode was so good. Maybe they gave the ok for season 2 since its been doing better. wana use next weeks as a seaon 2 priemere since they get flag going in that one. i hope im so worried

bige12
Rookie

Post by bige12 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:18 pm

f you go to ZAP2it.com and tv listing and go to March 3, that is Tuesday and take a look at NBC at 9:00 pm it says Biggest Looser, since Obama is doing the State of the Union on Feb. 24, at 9:00 so NBC decide to move the Biggest Looser to the KR time slot on Feb. 25,

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:21 pm

KnightIndustriesTT wrote:Yes! Long live turbo boost!

That was sweet.
Had they ever done a sideways Turbo boost in the TOS? I do not recall! :?: But it was amazing! I loved that KITT was reluctant and even a bit scared when he did it and Mike comment that KITT screams like a girl! :lol: I guess that's a bit of harmless payback! The 2 are indeed acting like buddies which is awesome! :good: Another good point was the bumbling thiefs which were pure TOS homage to the 9th power! Also pure TOS homage was when Mike was kissing the girl and got interrupted by KITT just as his father did many,many, many times Oh those Captain Kirk moments! :mrgreen:

All in all I have no complains for this episode so it gets a solid 10 out of 10, I'm concerned that no upcoming episode preview was shown at all though... :|

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:24 pm

Yea i just checked on the guide the biggest losser is on next week. so when the final episode the following week in march? Why would you do that. right when ppl are gona start taking kr serious they make it bumpy again. tonites episode 10 out of 10 perfect. ITs geting better AND BETTER evry week. i CANT BELIEVE WE LOST KNIGHT RIDER FOR THE BIGGEST LOOSER YAY I GET TO SEE FAT PPL WORKOUT. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: WE BETTER GET A SEASON 2

DeannaRussoishot
Stranger

The music

Post by DeannaRussoishot » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:25 pm

does anyone by chance know who the band in the beginning was??

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:25 pm

this episode was the better than last weeks. I love how K.I.T.T. was screaming while he turbo boosted side ways on to the bridge. Plus the two car thieves tried to steal K.I.T.T. and failing miserably. a salute to the Knight Rider 1982.
crooked, spoiled, rich kid trying to scare the girl off her land so he can profit from it. Priceless
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

epc1122
Rookie

Post by epc1122 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:27 pm

awesome episode, but isnt mike still with sarah? didn't seem right to me that he was mackin it with the hot blonde girl. also, didnt anyone else notice like a sucking sound whenever mike opened and closed kitts doors that were similar to the original series? i just noticed it tonight, maybe its been there all along, but i enjoyed it tonight. it was good to see the no transformations too. the show could probably save money by eliminating the attack car. maybe thats why a month or so back, there were a few attack cars on the lot. cant wait for the season/(hopefully not series) finale.

coverdale10
Volunteer

Post by coverdale10 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:29 pm

This is the first episode that kept me from flipping the channel.

They are getting a better sense of pacing and dropping a lot (though not enough of) the pointless bits of tired dialogue. I am not sure why Mike and KITT were running from the SUVs (they should've just finished them off), but the turbo boost was kinda silly and cool at once. I am not sure if I would've put into an episode myself, but it was kinda fun.

I think using lasers would be cooler than the "mini-gun" (there are kids watching) and the need to stop mentioning KITT's limitations. It doesn;t add tension and it just makes the Knight 2000 seem that much cooler.

Overall, this felt more like what I think people expected from the beginning, but it still doesn't quite captivate like the old series. If they keep tightening their game this could be a decent show. Sadly, I doubt they can put the magic touch on it that would make it classic, though....

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:29 pm

Honestly I thought it was a really good episode.... However the turbo boost ruined it for me. That was the most ridiclous thing that i have ever seen... Call me old school but that turbo boost defied about ever law of anything I can think of. They definetly could have done better on that.

My only other complaint is that have had several opportunities to have some pretty cool little sub-plots like tonight with the car jackers but they never go anywhere cool.... I would love to see a bad guy steal Kitt like in the original series in the pilot and have Kitt scare the crap out of him. Lots of missed opportunities....

But let me repeat I did enjoy everthing about the episode except the turbo boost
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:33 pm

Also if anybody noticed NBC did not say........... Hey everbody Knight rider will not be on next week but KNIGHT RIDER WILL RETURN ON MARCH 4TH OR WHATEVER FOR THE AWESOME SEASON FINALE...... THEY DID NOT PROMOTE IT..... THINK ABOUT IT.
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

coverdale10
Volunteer

Post by coverdale10 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:36 pm

Agreed. This new incarnation of Knight RIder is clearly made by people who didn't pay much attention to the original series. They blew it by not involving Hasselhoff and Larson and it's a shame because the episodes are full of missed opportunites to further the franchise.

Overall the last few episodes are moving in the right direction, but there are never any big finishes so the episodes end up being anticlimactic and the only character I really like is Billy. I might have actually preferred him to be Michael Knight (jr). Hoepfully they'll get a second season and a chance to fix the error of their ways.

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:38 pm

I did some searching on NBC's KITT page and found this from Matt Pyken: Think Small February 18, 11:10 AM.http://blog.nbc.com/knightrider/ If you go to Billy's Blog and click on the Knight Wrighters link you will find this. He mentions kind and end to the season one and an "if" statement about season two. It seems also that the big wigs at NBC had a little trouble with the concept of the reboot and this episode.

If I told you I set out to write a “typical” KR episode, a lot of you would immediately think this guy isn’t much interested in innovation. But fans of the original KR might see it a bit differently. As a group -- the writers, the studio, the network -- all agreed that the original KR formula – one man and one car taking on a bad guy, saving a pretty girl, and making things right was a pretty sweet template for a series. When the “re-boot” was contemplated, I immediately decided, with deliberate intent, to tell small stories. By small I mean that Mike and KITT don’t need to save the world every week. By small I mean the stories don’t always have to come to the SSC through some quasi-governmental source. By small I mean we see some kick-ass action, unravel a mystery, have a few laughs along the way, and by the end of the episode Mike and KITT make a couple of lives a little better, and straighten out their own karma a little in the process. Conceptually, it’s a lot like the original series, so you would think that after defeating KARR, the deaths of Dr. Graiman and Alex Torres, and Carrie’s near-miss and retirement, this new template would be a no-brainer.

Not so.

This story met a ton of internal resistance, but to GST’s credit, it made it to air as the penultimate episode of Season 1. It also has its own version of the original KR’s comic relief -- in the form of a pair of would-be car thieves who attempt to steal KITT with decidedly mixed results. And of course, Billy and Zoe mix it up a little bit back at the much more mellow KITT Cave.

If there is a second season, these are the kinds of stories I’d like to tell.

Thanks to a cast whose professionalism was only surpassed by their kindness and friendship, and thanks to a tireless crew who made a movie every week – and did it with pride.

Matt Pyken

I hope this helps. And yes according to TVGuide.com the last episode of KITT comes on March 4, 2009. Next Wednesday it's another damn "reality" show, Biggest Loser Couples Edition. So I guess we'll get the new preview during then or before. I guess they'll try and squeeze the KITT preview between the Biggest teams. Or as KITT said in the original series, "Would you please remove your plump derrière from my hood." I don't know what's worse having a group of Biggest Losers or Obama interrupt the series?

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:15 pm

AGGGGG!!!! It looks like I'm not going to be able to watch until tomorrow night! Our local NBC station is off the air! My parents get a second local NBC station, so they are going to record it at their house. AGGGGG!!!!!

:spmgo: :twisted:
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

steveyertz
Volunteer

Post by steveyertz » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:52 pm

I enjoyed the episode for the most part. I enjoy a little silly stuff with Billy and Zoey here and there, but thought it was a little heavy tonight. Also why was Mike and Kitt so worried about getting away from a few Ford Explorers? Because they were out of amo? Really? What were they going to do. Just my opinion. Also it does bother me that there was no preview. You would think with one left they would have made a big deal about it, even thought it is in 2 weeks. I'm afraid thats not a good sign. I hope I am wrong.

bige12
Rookie

Post by bige12 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:15 pm

There was no promo since the Biggest Looser is taking KR spot for next week due to the State of the Union that is on Tuesday at 9:00pm (Time normally schedule for the Biggest Looser) so NBC decide to move The Biggest Looser to Wednesday during the KR time slot

dcpan
Volunteer

Post by dcpan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:18 pm

Just watching now.

I'm watching it for the first time in HD!

Nice job special effects team! KITT's orb looks really nice in this episode! I don't know if you guys did anything different or it's the HD, but it's awesome!

Also, I like how the blue light from the dash board glows through the door when Mike opens the door to get into KITT eventhough you can't see the dash itself diretly...reminds me of the old fancy dash.

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:45 pm

Finally an episode without attack mode and kitt used all his great functions in normal mode.Now I'm willing to forget about attack mode GST if you just make sure kitt does all his stuff in regular mode including turbo boosts.

KARR_2000
Stranger

Post by KARR_2000 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:02 am

Could someone please tell me the name of the two bands on this episode?