We've interviewed Deanna Russo again!

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

We've interviewed Deanna Russo again!

Post by neps » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:00 pm

Check it out!

http://knightrideronline.com/news/2009/ ... points.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks to Deanna for the interview - lots of cool stuff. We're really really excited that she's agreed to come to the Knight Rider festival in March next month!

http://knightriderfestival.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

KRShelby
Rookie

Re: We've interviewed Deanna Russo again!

Post by KRShelby » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:38 pm

Awesome interview KRO. Really enjoyed reading that.

Deanna Russo as usual seems like a very nice, funny and down to earth person. Just like most of the KR crew in fact.

Didn't know that they still needed to record voice work and whatnot, that was interesting.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:51 pm

Now I know why I haven't been accepted as a friend on facebook when I found Deanna. Justin Bruening was cool though, he accepted me. :D
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:48 pm

Nice interview, Neil. It's good to know she's doing well, and has hope for the show's renewal.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:58 pm

Awesome review. Thanks guys for all your work, and let Deanna know that it's appreciated. ^_^

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:05 pm

Sorry Justin, Deanna's my new hero :mrgreen:
That girl is so cool. :good:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

adamtrek
Recruit

Post by adamtrek » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:21 pm

Neil, the interview page does not load properly for me. The last few questions are somewhat covered by the three block ads to the right. I don't know if it's just me or not.
Watching KITT turbo boost since 1982.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:25 pm

adamtrek wrote:Neil, the interview page does not load properly for me. The last few questions are somewhat covered by the three block ads to the right. I don't know if it's just me or not.
what browser friend?

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:48 pm

Awesome interview :good:

mikey
Volunteer

Post by mikey » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:41 pm

Whoa, she writes? I'm actually more impressed by that than anything else she said.

Hot chick with brains. win.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:47 pm

mikey wrote: Hot chick with brains. win.
Agreed.

TravisKnight01
Recruit

Post by TravisKnight01 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:05 pm

i was one of her friends on myspace.I am telling the honest truth i never said anything over the line or creepy.I just asked questions about the show and thats about it.

Travis

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:09 pm

Awesome interview. NBC is even keeping them in the dark. Wow

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:08 am

Awesome interview with Deanna.

If they are not renewed, I will really really miss Justin and Deanna, they've been great!
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:07 am

Harry Singh Jr. wrote:Awesome interview. NBC is even keeping them in the dark. Wow
its bad NBC is dealing with every one like this. come on people, we want to know Image :kitt:

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:22 am

Much respect to Deanna Russo. I was critical of Sarah's character in a different thread, but Deanna has done an excellent job as an actor. Her interviews are intelligent and she seems to have a great sense of humor. I hope that she and her career will prosper...it will be cool to see more of her.

Don't know if she reads these....but Deanna, thank you for lending your talent to Knight Rider and thank you for representing and supporting Knight Rider as a TV show. Your commitment to your cause is greatly appreciated.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:48 am

I wanna know what happened with the Myspace creeps! Were they weirdos stalking her or just harmless fans that wanted a autograph or something? Either way its not cool to bother somebody just minding their own business & trying to have a good time in their personal life away from the spotlight.
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

nextelbuddy
Recruit

Post by nextelbuddy » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:53 am

so i gaterh from that interview that no one from the cast ever sees Val Kilmer or hears his voice during recording?

thats so weird they actually have another guy that handles the KITT dialogue and then when we see the show we hear Vals voice instead.

i got it from these quotes.
KRO: Have you ever met Val Kilmer?

RUSSO: I did meet Val. I think I'm the only one in the cast who has. I caught him in passing on my way to re-record some dialogue. We didn't introduce each other. Instead, we shook hands and nodded at each other knowingly. That was about the extent of my Val Kilmer experience. I feel honored.

KRO: Do you own a Mustang?

RUSSO: I do not! Justin does, though. He's been driving it since we wrapped because he misses KITT. Last time I saw him, he gave me a ride around the block for old times. It was a nice gesture, but it wasn't the same without John Bridell (the on-set voice of KITT) talking to us from the back seat.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:53 pm

Deanna Russo wrote:Don't tell my Garmin this, but frankly I think my GPS is boring. Once you go KITT, you never go back.
Ain't that the truth! LOL You rock Deanna! :mrgreen:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:15 pm

And this:
Deanna Russo wrote:I can only think of one instance where I disagreed with the intention of a scene. They were going to have me under KITT's chassis, winding a nut until he'd shoot oil on my face by accident. I had two problems with this. First, the sexual innuendo was palpable and in my opinion tasteless, and second, KITT would never let any fluid secrete onto Sarah. They are more like brother and sister than anything else. Gary completely respected my concern and removed it from the script.
If anybody doubted that she was smart and was instead a clueless bimbo think again as she is obviously not so...

Charlie Brown
Recruit

Post by Charlie Brown » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:37 pm

nextelbuddy wrote:so i gather from that interview that no one from the cast ever sees Val Kilmer or hears his voice during recording?

thats so weird they actually have another guy that handles the KITT dialogue and then when we see the show we hear Vals voice instead.

i got it from these quotes.
I'm guessing that it's part actor's schedules, part "keeping tradition". David Hasselhoff and William Daniels never met face to face until early in Season 3 of TOS. And it was never stated whether Daniels ever met Edward Mulhare, Patricia McPherson, or Peter Parros face to face, either.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:18 pm

PunkMaister wrote:And this:
Deanna Russo wrote:I can only think of one instance where I disagreed with the intention of a scene. They were going to have me under KITT's chassis, winding a nut until he'd shoot oil on my face by accident. I had two problems with this. First, the sexual innuendo was palpable and in my opinion tasteless, and second, KITT would never let any fluid secrete onto Sarah. They are more like brother and sister than anything else. Gary completely respected my concern and removed it from the script.
If anybody doubted that she was smart and was instead a clueless bimbo think again as she is obviously not so...
Wow...makes me wonder...WTF is with the writers? :shock:
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:13 pm

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:And this:
Same stupid crap that goes on Hollywood I guess. Man I'm glad that scene was never even filmed just as Deanna said it was utterly disgusting in it's sexual innuendo and why on Earth would KITT do that to who is essentially his big sister...

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:39 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
Yeah, even I found that in bad taste. And I'm usually the first in the bus to Silicone Valley.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:02 am

NeoRanger wrote:
Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
Yeah, even I found that in bad taste. And I'm usually the first in the bus to Silicone Valley.
we have enough complaints about the un-needed shots of sarah in bikini or kissing or something of the same pattern. you know, this is funny, but we never -as far as i remember- has such a problem with TOS. did we??? Image :kitt: