Knight Rider Companion book: Two Thumbs Up !

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

MikeBKnight
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider Companion book: Two Thumbs Up !

Post by MikeBKnight » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:57 pm

First, I'd like to say, I am NOT starting this thread to start a flame war (new book vs. the Legacy book), I'm stating MY opinion.
I ordered the Knight Rider Companion book last Friday, and have just received it in the mail today (Wed.) and I am VERY impressed with it. Super heavy, tons of pictures, and very well put together.
I've been a huge Knight Rider fan since I was in Elementary school (in the early 90's) and I own every single Knight Rider episode on both VHS, and DVD. Outside owning the actual episodes, this is the only other Knight Rider fan material that I own. And, IMO, it's worth EVERY PENNY. This book tells you everything you'll ever want to know about Knight Rider.
So, once again, a big Thank You to Nick for making a phenomenal book. Your hard work is much appreciated.

Mike

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Re: Knight Rider Companion book: Two Thumbs Up !

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:36 pm

Is it really fair to be rating the book before you've even read it?
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

MikeBKnight
Rookie

Post by MikeBKnight » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:56 pm

True, while I've not read the entire 680 pages in the last 6 hours that I've had the book, I have been reading a lot of it in that time. In that time I've also came to the above stated conclusion. I'm sure once I've actually finished the entire book (who knows how long that will take lol, 4-5 days maybe more :)) I'm sure I'll like it even more. So far, as I've said before, this book is well worth the read :dash: :kitt2:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:22 pm

Visually speaking, you can tell that the Knight Rider Companion book tells a lot about Knight Rider without actually having to read it at length. If a picture is worth 1000 words, this book speaks volumes. The book is not meant to be read straight through cover to cover in one sitting. Much like a Dictionary or Encyclopedia, KRC is more like a reference book as much as it is a visually inclusive experience. There is so much information given in one place, it can be daunting to try and take it all in on a first run through. KRC is not your average run of the mill paperback.

=VK=
:dash:

blowersho
Operative

Post by blowersho » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:48 pm

Where can I buy this book?

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:00 pm

blowersho wrote:Where can I buy this book?
You can purchase the book by going to the order page on http://www.knightridercompanion.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

=VK=

Stealthwalker
Operative

Post by Stealthwalker » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:19 pm

Victor Kros wrote:
blowersho wrote:Where can I buy this book?
You can purchase the book by going to the order page on http://www.knightridercompanion.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

=VK=

I will probably wait until the next pay period to get this book :good:
Stealthwalker aka "Tha Lone Crusader"

"We Meet Again". As quoted by Garthe Knight in "Goliath & Goliath Returns"

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:54 pm

Here's a brand new pic of legendary car designer (K.I.T.T.) Michael Scheffe proudly displaying his personalized copy of The Knight Rider Companion!

I recently had the honor of having lunch with Michael and the opportunity to show him the finished book. Michael's response is that he was "taken aback" but the level of detail and quality the book contains, especially with the artwork I created for it (some of which inspired directly from Scheffe himself) and he was very pleased and humbled to be a part of such a flattering and beautiful project!

Michael is blown away by the amount of work that has gone into what he calls "the perfect shrine" to the original series mythology. He was very impressed with his section of the book, the vehicle drawings in the Vehicle Stats Guide, the dash art, and Knight Gallery imagery.

I must tell you it really feels good for me both as an author and designer to see such superstars like Scheffe admiring and supporting my work!

Enjoy!

=VK=

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:21 pm

Why they dont put it on amazon?? that would be much easier to get. Image :kitt:

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:06 pm

Knight007 wrote:Why they dont put it on amazon?? that would be much easier to get. Image :kitt:
- Because what the average consumer does not know is that Amazon demands 55% of each product's MSRV from the seller and considering I had to shell out quite a bit for printing, it's not an option to take that much of a loss at this time. If this was just a matter of collecting royalties on a cheaper paperback (like print on demand), I would have no problems making the book availible on Amazon because printing costs, shipping, distribution would not be my concern.

=VK=

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:14 pm

I loved reading this book so far.The new interviews and photos alone are worth the price of the book.

I'm in the middle of the episode guide on page 464.The episode description for forget me not is duplicated for Hearts of Stone.Aside from that it has great insight into the greatest series ever on TV.

imranbecks
FLAG Assistant

Post by imranbecks » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:04 am

I already have the KR Legacy book and I'd love to have the KR Companion. Wanted to order it but its really expensive to ship it to my country.. Total plus shipping = US$92!!!

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:51 pm

imranbecks wrote:I already have the KR Legacy book and I'd love to have the KR Companion. Wanted to order it but its really expensive to ship it to my country.. Total plus shipping = US$92!!!
- As I have clearly stated before, I do not see a dime of the requested shipping costs, it all goes to USPS. Honestly, 42.00 is the lowest I can offer international costumers per USPS flat rate boxes. If that's too expensive for you that's understandable but I will not make an exception for anyone on the cost as it would be unfair to my many satisfied customers who have already paid my standard costs and are enjoying their purchases accordingly.

International shipping is expensive from the USA any way you slice it. I invite you to look around the web and research it for yourself. You need to also understand that I'm paying back the costs from printing the books in the first place including shipping and distribution before I see a dime of profit from anyone.

My pricing is fair and reasonable especially given the amount of time and quality that has gone into creating this book and getting it out to the fans' eager hands to add to their collections.

Whether or not you choose to purchase my book, I thank you for your interest.

=VK=

transam82
Rookie

Post by transam82 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:29 pm

Awesome book, my brother and I both have copies, very detailed, lots of photos and great information, a must for any Knight Rider Fan. As other's have stated it is a heavy book, worth the money.

greelywinger
Rookie

Post by greelywinger » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:49 pm

Awesome book. Definitely worth it. One quick question.
Is that Edward Mulhare inside KITT (about to be towed) on Pg. 249?
I keep thinking my eyes are playing tricks on me.
EDIT... No quotes from the episodes?
"I'd like my songs to be durable to the ear and exciting to the mind" Marc Bolan

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative

Post by Victor Kros » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:59 pm

greelywinger wrote:Awesome book. Definitely worth it. One quick question.
Is that Edward Mulhare inside KITT (about to be towed) on Pg. 249?
I keep thinking my eyes are playing tricks on me.
EDIT... No quotes from the episodes?
- Yes that is a screen capture of Edward Mulhare/Devon from the closing end of Knight of the Phoenix on page 249. You can also recognize this by the classic Knight Industries black and gold "plume" logo on the side of the semi.

There are no quotes because that was something Knight Rider Legacy had featured in their episode guide and I didn't want to intrude upon or copy that section.

=VK=

greeknight
Rookie

Post by greeknight » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:18 am

Fantastic book, great work!