Live Discussion - Fly By Knight

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

FordFilly82
Operative

Re: Live Discussion - Fly By Knight

Post by FordFilly82 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:34 am

Rockatteer wrote:
FordFilly82 wrote:The interaction btwn KITT & Tracer was better this ep.
Kitt and who?
Sorry I meant to say Micheal. I'm just used to calling him Traceur off the boards....
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

ki2t
Stranger

Post by ki2t » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:18 am

hello evryone new to this forum :)

after the last episode i was spured on to post a comment on here i think it was brillent i mean not perfect but it was a knight rider episode all the way, and ki3t is getting better all the time. They have to do a seconed season to make evrything work right , the only thing i dident like about the ep was ki3t's guns they where a bit excessive and he wouldernt have enything like that seen as he's made to preserve human life, but then again its made for a new young genaration and kids like things blowen up:)

enyway was just showing my support over here in the uk:)

have a gooden

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:34 am

ki2t wrote:the only thing i dident like about the ep was ki3t's guns they where a bit excessive and he wouldernt have enything like that seen as he's made to preserve human life, but then again its made for a new young genaration and kids like things blowen up:)
While I agree the guns were excessive, If you notcied the bad guy/driver was not injured at all by the gun fire.
Which is one of the "cheesy" points i was trying to remember earlier, but that's part of the "esacpism" of KR. Both in 82 and 08..
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lynda414 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:52 am

I agree about Mike's hair. Though I wouldn't go for the curly fro, that style doesn't work too much anymore. I would like for him to grow his hair out like in the pilot movie. That was a good look for him. The shorter hair makes him look older, which is probably why he cut it.

KITT smacking Mike in the head with the steering wheel was hilarious. We're finally seeing more of who this KITT is.

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:57 am

I don't want to spin the conversation off topic but I just have to make a final point here before I can drop the subject... for now. It's about the driving again and I'm not sure whether it's included in american textbooks for driving; however, when I was studying to get my drivers license there was a special section in the book (and I'm not kidding) explaining how people might learn a specific driving posture from idols on TV. Meaning you visualize an idol from any TV show like Knight Rider and you apply those driving habits on the road. We're not talking about applying turbo boost and ski-mode, OBVIOUSLY but those superficial aspects of driving like holding the steeringwheel with one hand or putting your hand outside the window just dangling in the air, you tell me. The textbook wanted you to understand how careful you need to be in real life and so fourth.
You know what I don't like? Micheal Knight has a preppy boy haircut...I want the curly fro. So TOS....So cool.

Also, why can't they make KI3T sound more like a butler like they did with KI2t from TOS? He sounds kind of cool, and cool cars shouldn't have a voice that really sounds cool. TOTALLY un-TOS. AND, they should make him a little more magical with his special weaponry. I wanna see locks unlocked WITHOUT LASERS! That's why Knight Rider was so cool. THIS IS HARDLY TOS

And what about those special effects? CGI, please! I want my crappy miniature model cars back, because that at least implied it happened IN REAL LIFE.

Can someone please tell Deanna Russo to wear a white wig? I miss Devon. Who does she think she is trying to portray an icon from the series with that girlish attitude anyway? GOD, I miss my TOS!!

I hate brands, I wish FORD would just rename the show for NBC already. I wish the cops would reference KITT as the black racer with stripes....TOS KITT didn't get the Pontiac branding during most of the series, why should the new KITT get recognized for it's maker? So laaaaaame.

I'm going to throw my HDTV out to the trash now. I just realized the show looks too good with it's special effects, unlike TOS. It must be compared more fairly. I will not have it another way.
Boy, doesn't it bother you that if Sarah Graiman is the daughter of Charles Graiman that would make her Ki3t's sister? :lol:
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:15 am

I have noticed this episode has received the most positive feedback on this forum, even more so than last week's episode.

Good to see.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Amir
Operative

Post by Amir » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:36 am

Great episode, I don't really see anything to complain about. It was terrific.

TallSox08
Volunteer

Post by TallSox08 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:47 am

Anyone notice in the final scene whe KITT is leaving the SSC he doesn't have a steering wheel?

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:00 am

That's because, in Soviet Russia, car steers you!
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:49 pm

lunchmeat wrote:That's because, in Soviet Russia, car steers you!
Fantasic!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :P

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:10 pm

lunchmeat wrote:That's because, in Soviet Russia, car steers you!
no That's because, in Soviet Russia, KARR kills you :karr: :twisted:
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Knight-Armen
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight-Armen » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:51 pm

What are you guys talking about... ?
Michael: Kitt what matters to me is who you are not what you look like. Sure we don't have the car so we can't turbo boost so we can't go over 200 miles an hour but it was all icing on the cake anyway

Solid Snake
FLAG Recruit

Post by Solid Snake » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:24 pm

Great episode PERIOD! Loved the KR guitar riff when KITT breaks free!
Knight Rider, powered by Ford!

HyperCaz
Rookie

Post by HyperCaz » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:07 am

I too am disappointed that "old school" quite wasn't what I wanted it to be ... :lol: Alright, so the episode itself was kinda old school - typical kid, typical arrest, typical escape...so I basically loved it, yeah. I do miss some of the Kitt Cave stuff (did I really just say that??) so I'm hoping they try to add in an extra scene here or there of downtime that doesn't involve sleeping.

This episode reminded me of Thunderbirds for some reason...KITT with his Thunderbird 5 scanning at the beginning. :wink:

I don't think Zoe would have been taken out quite so quickly at the house. :x
BEWARE: shipper alert

Milo
Recruit

Post by Milo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:21 am

G'day , another aussie fan here..

I think this epsisode was the best of the last few episdoes and more to o/s show ..
I think Michael and ki3t , the way there getting along now and ki3t responding more on his own is really good, kind of reminds me of the old show..

I hope it continues..

ps where can i find free knighit rider 2008 gifs/pics for my avatar? thanks

standgeo
Volunteer

Post by standgeo » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:33 am

Really good ep!! They return to the roots! It' s a pity we have just two ep to the end!I feel that the show started just after the reboot! It's awesome!! We have to get a season two on that one!! I think they are doing great! Even the transformations fit better and show first how necessary they are, like the pilot. We have the right direction ! NBC must realize that!Good job to every single one of the guys running the show!!

A questions: Do we actually know when they take the decisions about next season shows?

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Sat Feb 14, 2009 4:13 pm

lunchmeat wrote:
Lost Knight wrote:I'm also not liking how the use of kids in this show are used to basically tell young audiences, "Look, this is cool because the kids in our show say so!"
I never got the impression that the children featured in the show were meant to say that anything was "cool"...I always thought that it was a throwback to TOS scripts where kids would be featured in the show. Could you elaborate a little more on this? As far as I remember, so far there have only been two children featured in KR08.
I think we're probably both right on this one. On the surface, the inclusion of kids in a couple of the episodes probably is an original series throwback and also emphasizes Mike and K.I.T.T.'s status as heroes. But the dialogue they're given sometimes feels contrived when they're easily impressed by what seems like the mere presence of K.I.T.T. at times. At the risk of being ridiculed for nitpicking, it sometimes felt to me that rather than letting the scene unfold for itself, the characters have to tell me it's cool. I will have to re-watch the other episode for a fresher perspective on my point, though...
lunchmeat wrote:
Lost Knight wrote:Maria Menounos was kind of wasted as a character and she should've been developed more. It should've at least been explained more why her character was a raging b#$%# to Mike throughout the entire episode and shown her really come around at the end. Simply choosing to not lock him up didn't feel like enough of a payoff for me. I briefly ran into her when I was in Burbank and can say she's a lot nicer in real life, fortunately, though.
While I understand where you're coming from with this, it seems as though they left it open for future appearances by Maria or other DEA agents. The impression I got from the entire exchange was that the DEA was now aware of Mike, and he'd have a record with them - and in future episodes, he'd continue to have run-ins with them. I found her character intriguing because they didn't develop her as much - so there are a lot of unanswered questions.
That's true; for instance, the reference to one of the dead bodies Mike found was obviously someone close to Maria's character. Typically little details like that are introduced in movies to have some type of explanation or payoff later. If it's good writing, every single detail no matter how small or seemingly insignificant should have a reason to be there. So either the writer of the episode was lazy, or he intended a return of the character later on. Unfortunately I have to go with lazy because I don't think Maria's character stood out enough to have a comeback of any real significance like, say, K.A.R.R., for example.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:02 am

Solid Snake wrote:Great episode PERIOD! Loved the KR guitar riff when KITT breaks free!
exactly, enough said, this was a very good show of KR Image :kitt:

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:08 am

Man everyone here is so extreme one way or the other.

KnightInstinct, there are occasions when you have been right about people being overly nostalgic, but just because people thought Knight 2000 when Mike said "Old school" doesn't mean they want KI2T to take over the show, lighten up.

WIBoomer1, why are you so determined that this show not be related to the pilot movie? I think Mike made it pretty clear. So something else happened to his mom at exactly the right time frame? Pretty coincidental. Either way, does it really even matter that much?

I finally got to see this episode, pretty good. My favorite still goes to that two-parter I think, but this is good. As some others have said, I'm all for the Mike/KITT arguments, but KITT did come off as kind of a dick this episode. Its good for KITT to think for himself, but Mike IS the one in charge, he can give orders when he wants. That said, their argument about him shooting at Michael was very funny. "It was not close..." lol

I was a little curious if there'd be any mention of Knight Industries distant past when Sarah was talking with the official, since Devon did in fact deal with the government on a few occasions. And I'm just musing, KnightInstinct don't start saying I want this to be the old show exactly, besides, the season finale is purported to explain about FLAG, so if they're gonna bring it up, I think I can wonder.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

DavidKnight
Rookie

Post by DavidKnight » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:41 am

Billy sent us a message in his last blog entry:

"Okay, gotta run. It's almost 8pm here on the west coast and my new favorite show is starting. I don't usually make such appeals, but if there's a show you like to watch that is "on the bubble" for renewal, tune in and spread the word. Get your friends to watch too. And your family. And your friends' family. And even some people you don't really like. The people who work on those shows will be greatly appreciative... I assume."

I think he wrote about KR of course :kitt:

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:59 am

DavidKnight wrote:Billy sent us a message in his last blog entry:

"Okay, gotta run. It's almost 8pm here on the west coast and my new favorite show is starting. I don't usually make such appeals, but if there's a show you like to watch that is "on the bubble" for renewal, tune in and spread the word. Get your friends to watch too. And your family. And your friends' family. And even some people you don't really like. The people who work on those shows will be greatly appreciative... I assume."

I think he wrote about KR of course :kitt:
I assume.... :lol:
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

ShadowRider
Recruit

Post by ShadowRider » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:22 pm

Lexicon wrote:The Ford logos have been removed from the bad guy vehicle. I wonder if Ford has retracted their sponsorship.
Could this possibly mean the end for transformations into pickup trucks and what not..... Lett KITT be a Mustang _all the time_. Attack Mode is ok since it somewhat resembles SPM and the car doesn't change that much.

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:43 pm

ShadowRider wrote:
Lexicon wrote:The Ford logos have been removed from the bad guy vehicle. I wonder if Ford has retracted their sponsorship.
Could this possibly mean the end for transformations into pickup trucks and what not..... Lett KITT be a Mustang _all the time_. Attack Mode is ok since it somewhat resembles SPM and the car doesn't change that much.
I'm pretty sure if Ford pulled the sponsorship, we'd have heard about it.
Plus that would be the death of KR08. They wouldnt be able to use the Mustang or anything else in the Ford lineup.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:44 pm

That's a wild conclusion.

Sty Knight
Recruit

Post by Sty Knight » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:11 pm

They didn't black out the Ford logo on the vehicle that Zoe drove. They didn't black out the logo on the truck either.

My guess is they black out the logos on the bad guys vehicles cause they don't want the vehicles associated with the "bad guy killer" types. I was thinking about that when I saw the vehicles pull up to the bank in "Exit Light, Enter Knight".

I was gonna mention this earlier, but no one should complain about the product placement and the blatant screen shots of such things. I'm sure companies like Ford, Microsoft, Gateway and the company that makes their cell phones(haven't caught what kind they are) pay a pretty hefty sum of cash to get their products on the show. It may be a blessing in disguise as the money coming in from such things could give the show another chance and give us a season 2. They would pay for a lot of the costs involved in making the show. I did notice that the Microsoft and Gateway logos appeared only after the reboot happened. I think the show gained some new sponsors in them.

Product placement pays for plenty of things these days... it could save our show.
Save Knight Rider Petition Signed #5610