Is Mike a DEA agent?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Radicalas
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Is Mike a DEA agent?

Post by Radicalas » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:17 pm

I have been watching episode Exit Light, Enter Knight, and when Mike runs to a officer and he gives him a gun, he says "I'm undercover DEA agent" at 05:59-06:00. Everybody knows, that this episode was shot as the last one, and in this weeks episode (which one was shoot earlier) Mike meet's DEA agent Renning. Maybe between those episodes (sorted by the shoot date) FLAG somehow connects with DEA?

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Re: Is Mike a DEA agent?

Post by Knight2000 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:28 pm

I thought Mike just said that so he could get involved. How many 'civilians' do you know who'd walk off the street and into a dangerous situation like that?

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:22 pm

Yeah, but then, why would he pick "DEA"?

I'd wondered the same thing myself when I watched that episode. I wondered what the acronym stood for....
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:56 pm

DEA = Drug Enforcement Agency.

Seems like in the previous episodes FLAG has worked closely with the DEA.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:58 pm

No connection. He was in a place were he's not authorized to be in. So he lied and claimed he was DEA to cover his butt.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:04 am

Mr.Marcus wrote:No connection. He was in a place were he's not authorized to be in. So he lied and claimed he was DEA to cover his butt.
or he did say that just to be involved and help the officer since his partner was shot down. and dont forget something, he said he was "Under cover". so he was just trying to have a gun and get to stop those people from hurting any body else.Image :kitt:

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:33 am

Knight007 wrote:
Mr.Marcus wrote:No connection. He was in a place were he's not authorized to be in. So he lied and claimed he was DEA to cover his butt.
or he did say that just to be involved and help the officer since his partner was shot down. and dont forget something, he said he was "Under cover". so he was just trying to have a gun and get to stop those people from hurting any body else.Image :kitt:
No connection. Michael Knight is not DEA. You don't magically become a DEA agent just b/c you say "I'm undercover DEA." He said it to cover himself and not draw suspicion.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:21 am

Marcus and Knight007 are both right - Michael wanted to help the officer and prevent more harm, while staying undercover and avoiding suspicion. His claim of being a DEA agent served both purposes.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR