This show is designed to stick around

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

This show is designed to stick around

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:00 am

Think about it. KITT's slowly evolving AI, which is great due to the fact that this KITT was literally booted up before being officially completed; Mike Traceur's past is still in the shadows...we still have no clue as to why he and the other agent share the same tattoo; Charles Graiman's so called death; and the resurrection of F.L.A.G.. These are great stories that have all been introduced, but not resolved. What do you think?

:kittspin:

miss_knightrider2010
Volunteer

Re: This show is designed to stick around

Post by miss_knightrider2010 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:02 pm

I see. If your predictions are correct, I'll be mad happy and so will others. :good: But here's the But counterargument, they did the same with Team Knight Rider and let us fans wondering what happen with KITT and is Michael Knight going to help the team to rescue KITT? :? I think you know what I'm trying to say right. But overall, I hope the show does stick around because Wednesdays are the only time I could actually see TV. :)

:kittx:
Mike: "KITT, you scream like a girl" LOL

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:19 am

Me too, I will be celebrating with Fireworks if we get another season of KR. but no one on the board has any kind of idea what NBC is going to decide. so let wait and see Image :kitt:

wez
Operative

Post by wez » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:39 am

i also would love this to stay i really really hope it will

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:45 am

I'm hoping for another season of KR, too! :D I'd be really happy if we did!
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:58 pm

miss_knightrider2010 wrote:I see. If your predictions are correct, I'll be mad happy and so will others. :good: But here's the But counterargument, they did the same with Team Knight Rider and let us fans wondering what happen with KITT and is Michael Knight going to help the team to rescue KITT? :? I think you know what I'm trying to say right. But overall, I hope the show does stick around because Wednesdays are the only time I could actually see TV. :)

TKR was a hard pill to swallow. I remember forcing myself to watch it, but it was just too boring! The tailored A.I. personalities for each driver, those stupid 'Star Trek' outfits...c'mon, wtf was that all about!? I was just getting into that show when they started hinting at the return of Micheal Knight. That then was what I wanted to see. THAT was what was going to keep that show afloat, so they thought....so we wanted.. That mess got buried, and I'm really glad they killed it when they did. How would they explain what happened to KITT, the character we all loved, reduced to a freakin' canister in a middle of a conference room? It was just a dumb story that threw a lot of bones to keep us happy. TKR is like Knight Rider 2000 - a big fatty T-bone steak with barely any meat.

But is this Knight Rider the same as those two sorry excuses for our show? It was going down like it, and there is no denying it now because of the so called "reboot." There has been no loss in viewership. Call that downturn in November what you want to, I still say Knight Rider holds strong. It doesn't force anything down our throats that tastes really bad anymore. The stories are great, and for what I can say now to then is, I actually like Micheal Knight....I always had a small problem with David Hasselhoff's..sorry :oops:

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:26 am

KnightINSTINCT wrote:Think about it. KITT's slowly evolving AI, which is great due to the fact that this KITT was literally booted up before being officially completed; Mike Traceur's past is still in the shadows...we still have no clue as to why he and the other agent share the same tattoo; Charles Graiman's so called death; and the resurrection of F.L.A.G.. These are great stories that have all been introduced, but not resolved. What do you think?
Think you could possibly be correct....but the storylines won't determine whether KR stays on the air.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:37 am

lunchmeat wrote:
KnightINSTINCT wrote:Think about it. KITT's slowly evolving AI, which is great due to the fact that this KITT was literally booted up before being officially completed; Mike Traceur's past is still in the shadows...we still have no clue as to why he and the other agent share the same tattoo; Charles Graiman's so called death; and the resurrection of F.L.A.G.. These are great stories that have all been introduced, but not resolved. What do you think?
Think you could possibly be correct....but the storylines won't determine whether KR stays on the air.
They'll just play a bigger part if it does.
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!

gromia77
Rookie

Post by gromia77 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:40 am

wez wrote:i also would love this to stay i really really hope it will
Me too :kitt:
Zoe: Burn rubber Kitt!
Kitt: Burning rubber.

jimknight
Rookie

Post by jimknight » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:37 pm

i really hope Kr does get another season as i have always liked the new series but since the reboot its been so much better and does need a season 2

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:43 pm

Episodic tv shows like this can go 4 seasons before they start getting stale.

miss_knightrider2010
Volunteer

Post by miss_knightrider2010 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:10 pm

KnightINSTINCT wrote:
miss_knightrider2010 wrote:I see. If your predictions are correct, I'll be mad happy and so will others. :good: But here's the But counterargument, they did the same with Team Knight Rider and let us fans wondering what happen with KITT and is Michael Knight going to help the team to rescue KITT? :? I think you know what I'm trying to say right. But overall, I hope the show does stick around because Wednesdays are the only time I could actually see TV. :)

TKR was a hard pill to swallow. I remember forcing myself to watch it, but it was just too boring! The tailored A.I. personalities for each driver, those stupid 'Star Trek' outfits...c'mon, wtf was that all about!? I was just getting into that show when they started hinting at the return of Micheal Knight. That then was what I wanted to see. THAT was what was going to keep that show afloat, so they thought....so we wanted.. That mess got buried, and I'm really glad they killed it when they did. How would they explain what happened to KITT, the character we all loved, reduced to a freakin' canister in a middle of a conference room? It was just a dumb story that threw a lot of bones to keep us happy. TKR is like Knight Rider 2000 - a big fatty T-bone steak with barely any meat.

But is this Knight Rider the same as those two sorry excuses for our show? It was going down like it, and there is no denying it now because of the so called "reboot." There has been no loss in viewership. Call that downturn in November what you want to, I still say Knight Rider holds strong. It doesn't force anything down our throats that tastes really bad anymore. The stories are great, and for what I can say now to then is, I actually like Micheal Knight....I always had a small problem with David Hasselhoff's..sorry :oops:
You are correct I believe. Team Knight Rider was hard to swallow and didn't even feel like the original series or for which I seen the reruns when I was in elementary. Knight Rider was and still is strong because it was so hyped during it's time in the 80's but people was way to hyped that they decided to make TKR which got the franchise into the biggest baseball pickle ever. To agree or disagree with me, the franchise was very close to get the final out when TKR was on the air but I believe KR 08 was there to distract the error that TKR got itself in and both of them were almost safe. Now, before the TKR fans start assuming that I really hate TKR, I actually do not hate TKR. I've seen the show before but it didn't really convince me to like the show and then I wasn't really into the 90's live-action shows too. But backed to the the new KR since this thread is focusing more on the new series, I hope the series will come back for at least another season or even a third season by your predictions but there is a lot of talk at the NBC headquarters. Who knows, right?
Mike: "KITT, you scream like a girl" LOL