Ratings for "Fly By Knight"

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

neps
Site Administrator
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Ratings for "Fly By Knight"

Post by neps » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:03 am

from pifeedback.com:
Yesterday’s Winners:
American Idol (Fox), Criminal Minds (CBS), CSI: NY (CBS)

-Hurt By American Idol:
The New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS), Gary Unmarried (CBS)

-Yesterday’s Losers (Excluding Repeats):
Knight Rider (NBC), Life (NBC), Life on Mars (ABC)

-Ratings Breakdown:
Led by American Idol, Fox stood well above the competing networks on Wednesday, more than doubling the overnight performance of second-place CBS. Third in the metered markets was ABC, followed by NBC and very distant the CW.

The first-hour of American Idol opened the evening for Fox with a 13.5 rating/22 share from 8-9 p.m., which beat the four competing networks combined by 16 percent. Take a look:

-Wednesday 8-9 p.m.
American Idol (Fox): 13.5/22
The New Adventures of Old Christine (CBS): 4.4/ 7 and Gary Unmarried (CBS): 4.3/ 7
Knight Rider (NBC): 3.3/ 5
Lost R (ABC): 3.1/ 5
Privileged R (CW): 0.9
Last week KR had a 3.1/5 from the early overnights - so it is a slight increase it appears. Will update as more info comes in/changes. I always like the millions of viewers charts...

last week: viewtopic.php?f=1047&t=13773" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Re: Ratings for "Fly By Knight"

Post by neps » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:50 am

Knight Rider (NBC)
Viewers: 5.40 million (#3), A18-49: 1.3/ 3 (#4)

Here is the updated chart - the value is millions of viewers.
Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png (47.41 KiB) Viewed 24127 times

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:56 am

from zap2it
"American Idol" drew a 13.8/22 for FOX at 8 p.m. CBS led the also-rans with "The New Adventures of Old Christine," 4.5/7, and "Gary Unmarried," 4.4/7. "Knight Rider" scored a 3.4/5 for NBC, beating out a repeat of last week's "Lost" on ABC. The CW aired a "Privileged" rerun.

DavidKnight
Rookie

Post by DavidKnight » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:04 pm

I think i lost all of my hope. Damn why cant around 8 million people watch it? Why doesnt NBC promote it better?

Dee_Jay77
Recruit

Post by Dee_Jay77 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:09 pm

I hate American Idol :evil: :evil: :evil:

honnziva
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by honnziva » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:12 pm

i wouldnt lose your hope honestly... we have a very consistent fan base and we may do better at another time slot. but its hard to really say. Right now though, i just think we need to not have a large drop off... the show has found a groove and i I hope it gets the opportunity to expand on it
"To our future. No matter who it may take us up against or where"

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:16 pm

Don't worry about the ratings. This show is going to do fine. It's doing well with older tv shows. The reports say it's been worth watching by many (in the top 10 category for most viewed online streaming content on NBC.com). And CNN even stated broadcasts just don't fair out well anymore compared to the rising interest in web reliance.

pat329
Recruit

Post by pat329 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:18 pm

they should put Knight Rider on a different night or do something,cause two week' ago rating' were way up there until other show' came back on.american idol is killing us.
:kitt:

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:21 pm

I agree to an extent, we'll never get the rating that we the fans want to see to feel confortable with for the future of the show on wednesday nights when it's up against Dancing and Idol all year long. I wonder if it would fare any better competing with Ghost Whisperer and Terminator at 8 on Fridays.

Knight316
Operative

Post by Knight316 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:23 pm

I just hold out hope that NBC realizes that it's like that because we're going against Idol and they aren't promoting it. When they were promoting the show we were hitting 6 million plus viewers and then they stopped and people went away. The show keeps getting better and it'd be a shame to see the show go away after the successful retooling.

shahkhan
Stranger

Post by shahkhan » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:27 pm

Since they are showing Knight Rider on Wednesday nights if the ratings approve, could they move it on Friday’s. Due to American Idol on Fox and Dancing With the Stars on ABC. It’s a competition and marketing of where you put these shows and who are watching. I tape Knight Rider on my DVR and watch it later. I love the new series. I hope it stays for a couple of seasons or more. Heavily promote it during Chuck, Heroes and Medium on Monday nights. Make it a cult hit, like you did for Heroes.

And by the way, could you bring back “Bionic Woman” I love the show.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:40 pm

Knight316 wrote:I agree to an extent, we'll never get the rating that we the fans want to see to feel confortable with for the future of the show on wednesday nights when it's up against Dancing and Idol all year long. I wonder if it would fare any better competing with Ghost Whisperer and Terminator at 8 on Fridays.
That's been my position. Put this show on Friday nights and it'll be #1 or #2.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:49 pm

Geez, how is American Idol going up in ratings? Don't they have enough?

Even 'The New Adventures of Old Christine' is a very distant second place. I don't think Knight Rider is doing too bad, considering.

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:21 pm

slowly climbing...so it is settled that exit light enter knights reatings were an anomalie. i hope it gets picked up man.......i really do....steady fan base is there!
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

kknightsf
Stranger

Post by kknightsf » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:36 pm

I agree with the comments that say the show is getting into its groove. As for viewership, I DVR Knight Rider so I can watch it anytime. I hope the show just continues to improve. Come on writers Come up with the story arc to bring back the Hoff. It should be the catalyst that propels the show into cult fandom. Have the Hoff take up the Devon Miles part, and the original KITT, if still active, should have amassed a huge AI. I am thinking the original KITT could be a HAL like computer at FLAG which the new KITT can interact with. The premise is father teaching the son. Probably far fetched. But could be adapted.

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:43 pm

Heh, look at that. Increase. Didn't expect that. Though I stand by my earlier position that at this point, ratings have little to do with our hopes for renewal.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:45 pm

Well we got 2 episodes left. NBC wont do anything for Knight Rider at the moment, unless they felt like promoting it like crazy, which wont probably happen.

Hopefully NBC will consider it for a 2nd season.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Luis
Rookie

Post by Luis » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:01 pm

At this point, I think they have to. Life is tanking and they will lose 5 hours a week in drama once the 10 p.m. Jay Leno show starts airing.

Knight Rider is consistently among the most watched shows on DVR and online (Hulu/NBC.com). I can't imagine getting rid of it just when critics and public are being more favorable.

With the correct marketing and the right slot, I can see KR doing 9 million viewers EASY.

Let's see if they have the guts to keep it. It's a smart choice, actually.

(Life, Kathy and Kim and Lipstick Jungle will be canceled, IMHO. Which is good news for KR)

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:33 pm

I see this as good news! ill admit NBC has to realize what its up against seriously. American Idol you will burn!!!!!!!! :) :twisted: But anyhow the episode was awesome! Lets hope and pray Knight Rider Fans :) :good:
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:36 pm

Luis wrote:At this point, I think they have to. Life is tanking and they will lose 5 hours a week in drama once the 10 p.m. Jay Leno show starts airing.

Knight Rider is consistently among the most watched shows on DVR and online (Hulu/NBC.com). I can't imagine getting rid of it just when critics and public are being more favorable.

With the correct marketing and the right slot, I can see KR doing 9 million viewers EASY.

Let's see if they have the guts to keep it. It's a smart choice, actually.

(Life, Kathy and Kim and Lipstick Jungle will be canceled, IMHO. Which is good news for KR)
this indeed is good news....i think if NBC had brains theyd see tht the nehaativity has taken a back seat....so lets hope for the best
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:57 pm

I got a question for Luis. that DVR system, how does it work? do they record the complete hour?? I mean they record the complete episod and adds that goes in between? how this might be an added value for NBC?? and how are the people using this system to watch the episod??? :kitt:

Kitzira
Operative

Post by Kitzira » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:20 pm

A DVR, which alot of dish and cable companies offer, is much like a tivo.. but without all that voting and suggesting junk.

It records the full hour, complete with commercials. However, much like a VCR, you can fast forward through the commercials.

And there isn't much going towards the ratings when ppl dvr stuff. It's usually considered part of the 'time-shifting' ratings.
Read KR Fanfiction and Post your own at http://www.knightfic.com

DavidKnight
Rookie

Post by DavidKnight » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:27 pm

Guys...these ratings are terrible for a show like KR. The pilot had 12 million, the first few eps was "okay" but since then it has ratings like Smallville, for example, which is NOT good for a show that is being broadcasted in the whole country. However its my opinion and I REALLY hope that it'll be picked up, for 2nd season, but there's not so much chance, since NBC doesnt promote it at all except after the actual episode aired.

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:32 pm

yeah, since i'm at work when knight rider airs, i record it on my DVR, and then come home and watch it. my parents also record it on their DVR, because my mom is a huge criminal minds fan and watches that instead.. and there's probably a good chunk of people that also record KR and watch american idol.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:49 pm

I have to DVR it also because I run the sound system with another person for the kids program at my church and am not home until about half to three quarters of the way through. It has made me mad though that the last two weeks my local station has not shown KR and shown the local Indiana State University basketball games instead which I see no point in since the team hasn't done any good since it's Lary Bird days.

SAVE KITT!!!!!!!
SAVE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.