Live Discussion - Fly By Knight

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Re: Live Discussion - Fly By Knight

Post by GT500KR » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:29 am

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE SONG WAS, THAT WAS PLAYING AT THE END WHEN KITT WAS DRIVING DANNY AND HIS MOM HOME?

Also KITT transforming into the MACH 1 was EXCELLENT :good:

Cant wait for next week:

A cool looking Turbo Boost
plus a REALLY REALLY HOT Blonde Bartender haha
Last edited by GT500KR on Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

rizvi
Volunteer

Post by rizvi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:29 am

The HOFF needs to make a Cameo before this Season ends OR he needs to be in the Second Series .. How's that for a Season Opener !

KITTKARR85
Recruit

Post by KITTKARR85 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:31 am

[/quote] Did anyone notice the ever-so-subtle musical score about midway through the episode that happened when KI3T was driving that immediately sounded like a nod to the classic series' score? I can't remember exactly where in the episode it was, I will have to go back and re-watch it tomorrow to find it but I heard it and it instantly brought a big grin to my face.[/quote]

Yeah I know which part you are talking about, it's the part where KI3T was lowering the tow truck lever so he could drive off, it started playing the theme somewhat. They need more of this honestly.

Rainack
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Rainack » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:38 am

The turbo boost for next week looks really strange to me. It looks like he's turbo boosting onto his side into an over pass or something. Did anyone else notice that?
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

2K&3KKITT
Operative

Post by 2K&3KKITT » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:42 am

I LOVE THIS EPISODE! Favorite parts:

KITT waking Mike at 4:30 am to do a mission

Head banging, KITT stops to "change the subject"

Micheal is KITT's "B!%@#"

KITT "untowing" himself from the towtruck

Following Mike and taking control of the DEA agents vehicle

Old School mustang-MACH 1 (awesome! my favorite old school mustang)-even my dad liked that part and he doesn't like the way KITT transforms in this series

KITT reacting on being told what to do

KITT making decisions for himself

KITT shooting the van-I didn't even know he had guns there!

Mike and KITT arguing on how close KITT got with the guns

Sarah reflects on how KITT has been "growing up"

KITT leaves with the two to take them home-just the way the whole scene is worked out

This by far is probably one of my favorites because of the way KITT and Mike react together. I love the way that KITT is as Sarah puts it "growing up" and learning new things. I so want there to be a season two. TELL EVERYONE TO WATCH THE SHOW TO BRING THE RATINGS UP!!!!!!!
SAVE KNIGHT RIDER! Sign this petition! I was #205! One of the first!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:kittspin:
Read my Stories!
http://kileandkasey.webs.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

egomez2777
Volunteer

Post by egomez2777 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:53 am

ThisIsSparta wrote:Best Episode of KR 2008 ever! Finally, KITT is a real character. KITT needs to be just as prominent as Michael. Let's hope it stays this way because in the past the series has taken one step foward and one step back. Action, suspense, humor and sentiment all get high marks. Promo for next weeks episode looked cool too.

Like many others, my heart skipped a beat when he said let's go "old school". :kitt: Now that's old school! :) But at least it wasn't the pick up truck again! Seriously, I think Ford pays extra for the truck. That's why they have it in nearly every episode.
I think it's a big improvement to transform into a truck to go off-roading than to have nails come out of KITT's tires like in the TOS. LoL

Like KITT said "Don't worry Sarah, I got this!"
K.I.T.T.: "Don't worry Sarah, I got this!"

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:55 am

This episode is the best episode yet! :D I loved everything about it!

But speaking in context of the KR world, does KI3T really get paid, or does he get little allowances?
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

johntee
Volunteer

Post by johntee » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:58 am

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome need I say more. The best show on TV period. Well at least for my family. Knight Rider is appointment TV in my house.

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:18 am

KFCreator wrote:And of course, some of the classic series references were great but you had to be REALLY on your toes to catch some of it. Did anyone notice the ever-so-subtle musical score about midway through the episode that happened when KI3T was driving that immediately sounded like a nod to the classic series' score? I can't remember exactly where in the episode it was, I will have to go back and re-watch it tomorrow to find it but I heard it and it instantly brought a big grin to my face.
Yes! That was a neat fantastic nod to the old fans. It wasn't overt but they actually used part of the new version of the title music in the same fashion the classic series did in a moment like that. It may have just been one-time fanservice but it was really cool.

I can't remember for sure either, but without looking I believe it might have been after he unhooked himself from the tow truck and smoked the tires to start racing to Mike, perhaps.
2K&3KKITT wrote:This by far is probably one of my favorites because of the way KITT and Mike react together. I love the way that KITT is as Sarah puts it "growing up" and learning new things. I so want there to be a season two. TELL EVERYONE TO WATCH THE SHOW TO BRING THE RATINGS UP!!!!!!!
I know, we're just scratching the surface of how good this show can be if we're going to get more KITT and Mike like this, it soooooo needs more time!

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:40 am

KnightIndustriesTT wrote: I can't remember for sure either, but without looking I believe it might have been after he unhooked himself from the tow truck and smoked the tires to start racing to Mike, perhaps
That's where it was. But the nod wasn't really the music, it was the entire scene. It was an homage to the original KITT leaving the semi.
Ontario Knight wrote: When did you see that???
Last scene, when KITT's driving toward the exit of the SSC with the kid and his mother. The license plate reads "KNIGHT".

The episode was quite enjoyable, for the most part. It sort of started losing its solidity toward the end, but nothing too problematic. Also, a couple of sloppy character dialogue, like Miss DEA Agent getting worked up over Wesley's death, something that never got resolved and KITT snapping at Mike- which was cute and all, but a bit out of the blue.

I can see Menounos' character becoming a recurring one, should the series be renewed for a second season.

By the way, that kid has a bright future in teen slasher flicks. Screaming and widening the eyes to the point that they're about to fall out of their sockets are requirements for the genre.

On a somewhat unrelated note, the promo for the next episode borders pathetic. It reminds me that "Blackhawks" cover, after the War, where one of them was literally begging the reader to buy their book, because it was nearing cancellation.

EDIT: Ah, yeah, I forgot. The guns bug me. I was OK with them, when they were still working with the government (by "OK", I mean I could stomach them), but now on the private sector, opening fire without official jurisdiction? Dangerous precedent.

And KITT's shooting at the van? Total overkill.

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:59 am

wow evry week gets better and better. if they cancel this im really gona be sad. its geting real good lets hope our ratings went up. This show has grown on me dont wana see it go.

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:04 am

um kitt shooting at the van was awsome i dont know what your talking about, next weeks episode looked great and that means hope if nbc is trying to get ppls arention with the prieview

Chazsza
Volunteer

Post by Chazsza » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:57 am

well i LOVED this episode, especially when mike and KI3T were arguing at the end.
it had EVERYTHING i needed for Knight Rider! (except on some scenes the kid bugged
me but oh well he made it on KR and i havnt!) easily one of my favorite episodes of KR08!!
and did anyone notice that eclispe on the tow truck looks alot like the totaled one from
knight fever? i remember in TOS they reused their old vehicles like the comtron trucks,
maybe this is another homage! (probly not!) :P
Last edited by Chazsza on Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Signer #1433

David Whiteheart
Operative

Post by David Whiteheart » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:03 am

All I gotta say is Wow! They seem to be getting better. I especially like where KITT about gave Mike a concussion I about fell out of my chair laughing. The writers are doing a GREAT job. Keep it up guys this IS how KITT should be!

Was it just me or did they "flip" the view from where we view Mike in the car? Instead of his right profile we saw him from the left, but he was looking at the center of the car like he usually does, but this time it looked like he was driving an English model Mustang and driving on what we would consider the wrong side of the road. Did anyone else notice this? And if so are we back to the old editing glitches of the old series? I hope not because it may or may not affect the ratings.

Thanks to a sqaul line of Thunderstorms coming through NC the weather guy in Charlotte had to cut KITT even shorter than ususal. I guess I'll have to visit NBC online to watch the show.

Andyuk
Volunteer

Post by Andyuk » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:28 am

w000000000000t, what a great episode!! I really loved it because once again the formula was just like TOS. I've deleted the episodes i had before the reboot as they are indeed terrible, i'm really liking the episodes after the reboot they are proving to be excellent.

I did see in the credits that glen A larson is an executive producer of the show, didn't he create the original ?

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:30 am

Andyuk wrote:w000000000000t, what a great episode!! I really loved it because once again the formula was just like TOS. I've deleted the episodes i had before the reboot as they are indeed terrible, i'm really liking the episodes after the reboot they are proving to be excellent.

I did see in the credits that glen A larson is an executive producer of the show, didn't he create the original ?
Yes, he did, but he doesn't have anything to do with this one, it's just because he created the original.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:06 am

This episode was the greatest by far. I loved the Eleanor 1967 Shelby GT500 mode and Michael getting arrested for interfering. There was a lot more action and car chases. It had the old school Knight Rider formula to make this series work. The incompetent and arrogant federal agents obviously need to go back to the academy.
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:06 am

Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:57 am

This episode was great. I loved most of KITT's lines, though I do agree that he and Mike might be spending too much time together. But KITT thinking for himself is awesome. The boy and his mom were pretty cool too. Well, mainly the boy.

If the series continues like this, then I definitely will watch more. KITT's personality has really exploded in just a few episodes, while before it dragged where he only learned one little thing or two.

I might rewatch this episode, so I can get an idea about how I am likeing the other characters. I spent most of last night just watching KITT. ^_^

TallSox08
Volunteer

Post by TallSox08 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:55 am

NeoRanger wrote:
I can see Menounos' character becoming a recurring one, should the series be renewed for a second season.
I'd be okay with that.

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:08 am

That was excellent... "You get paid?"
"Alright Mr. KITT, let's burn some rubber!" Knight Song

blazevski
Recruit

Post by blazevski » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:26 am

WELL guess what... on 4 sites of comments I found about 5 negative. On my side... no complaints on this one at all- keep it up...

Only thing I didnt like is when KITT drove off the tow truck he scratched his front bumper and the bumper jumped up a bit and looked so ridicously plastic...

Now I just wish ratings go up or that someone from nbc sees this thread and realises this show is not to be cancelled...

As for next weeks episode... the side flip kinda reminds me of WANTED movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah-IOjEO7GU" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Luvn knight rider... especally last 2 episodes... keep it up!

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:31 am

I thought the story was good but sorry I just find those Transformations to be a bad concept and transforming into and old mustang utter rubbish it wouldn't have been so bad if it had just been the outside but changing all the interior for wood as well, where does KI3T keep all this stuff and the transformation into attack mode I watched in slow motion it seems this car has no engine or any sort of suspention it was really bad and trashed a good episode.
the story was good the acting was good the locations looked great the DEA character was sexy the banter between Mike and KI3T was good and then those aweful transformations S*** all over it.

knightendo77
Operative

Post by knightendo77 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:38 am

KITT is made up of nano-technology and I believe he breaks down panels etc and rebuilds them very quickly, throwing them to the outside of his body while the panels that disappear are brought inside him, reconstructed and then deployed somewhere else on his body. He doesn't "keep" that stuff anywhere, he reforms himself. And I think it looks slick!

Someone complained that his scanner doesn't move in sync with the noise, it never did in the original either and no on ever complained :)

I'm in the UK and can't wait to see this series!!! That preview looked awesome!!! :D :D :D :D :D
knightendo77
"I'm a Goofy Goober."

I'm on Bebo - knightendo_phil

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:42 am

Unfortunately I have to say that again the show has missed the target. I found the overall episode too slow-paced and boring. Too much drama, not enough action. I'm also not liking how the use of kids in this show are used to basically tell young audiences, "Look, this is cool because the kids in our show say so!" No turbo boosts, no real stunts, and that God-awful truck came back.

Maria Menounos was kind of wasted as a character and she should've been developed more. It should've at least been explained more why her character was a raging b#$%# to Mike throughout the entire episode and shown her really come around at the end. Simply choosing to not lock him up didn't feel like enough of a payoff for me. I briefly ran into her when I was in Burbank and can say she's a lot nicer in real life, fortunately, though.

I was rolling my eyes at the fact that once again Mike sent K.I.T.T. out of harm's way so he could take on bad guys by himself. But it was nice that they actually addressed the fact that K.I.T.T. is always following orders and never thinking for himself. But he had to be told about thinking for himself in order to think for himself, which defeats the purpose, I think. Oh, and those machine guns? No, they weren't cool. If anything, it shows that the writers have no idea what K.I.T.T. should be or what the show was all about.

The classic Mustang was cool. For a split-second, I did think that K.I.T.T. was going to transform into the Knight 2000 and was disappointed when he turned into another Mustang instead. On the positive side, I loved that old school 180-degree turn K.I.T.T. did off the tow truck.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4: