Live Discussion - Fly By Knight

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion - Fly By Knight

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:08 pm

neps wrote:Next week:
http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... _the_city/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hd will be here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFqPIjrugtk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
yeah- what was the flaming flip thing supposed to be- Ski mode, or something? Wasn't expecting that, whatever it was. I guess the last ten minutes made the episode for me. KI3T with machine guns? Not sure I like it, but it sure looked cool. And Does Mike always carry around a flak jacket and bomb making equipment? Oh, and I wasn't sure last week, but now I am; What's the deal with Zoe frosting her hair?
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:09 pm

first time seeing the preview love that Turbo Boost

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:11 pm

kittxthexcat wrote:
KnightIndustriesTT wrote:
kittxthexcat wrote:(although, Kitt is a TERRIBLE shot by the looks of things O.o), Mike talkin' about his mom (maybe we'll finally find out more about that!?)
Actually he's a perfect shot, hence how close he was able to shoot to the guy. ;)
Yeah, but I wanted him to hit him XD And I don't get why it took forever for the glass to break...
Guess he thought it would be cooler to shoot out the engine/front first before aiming at the windshield heh.

LisaRosa
Recruit

Post by LisaRosa » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:16 pm

This episode was perfect, completely perfect. Totally loved the vintage Mustang. The banter was great and had me laughing so hard I nearly fell off the couch! :lol: Basically, no complaints here! :good: :mrgreen:
Lisa :kittside:

KnightIndustriesTT
Rookie

Post by KnightIndustriesTT » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:18 pm

lacy65 wrote:Hey, I watched tonight's episode, and loved it. I was really impressed by the little boy who played Danny, he looks so much like Matthew Gray Gubler. Does anyone know if they related?
I love Knight Rider as much today as I did when the series began several years ago, and I love KITT.
Yeah, KITT playing just as much of a role as Mike is continually re-inforcing my love of the KR franchise. The new KITT has definitely been making my fandom re-ignite, he's grown extremely nicely and his actions are feeling more and more like the great partner that made the original KITT such a great character.

acaldwell
Stranger

Post by acaldwell » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:22 pm

OK so we know who the kid was but who played his mom? Sorry, but she had my interest even more than Kitt.

Alan

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:30 pm

This is my first time posting, but have been a long time reader.

This episode was awesome, just awesome!!!!

I am a really big fan of TOS and now this one. At first I wasn't sure about this new series because of all the people at the SSC, etc. But since the reboot this show has really come a long way!!!!

Go Mike and KITT!!!!!! :good:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:33 pm

Wow now that episode just rocked from beginning to end. KITT has really become assertive and even a bit snappy if I might add, the TOS KITT was far more condescending to Mike Sr than this KITT is to Mike Jr that is for sure. :shock:
And we finally got to see KITT riding off without the windows tainted up till it scampered out of there anyway...:mrgreen:

And this time true teamwork really worked plot wise and episode wise and no one got into anyone's way which is also a plus... :good:

The rapport that developed between the kid and KITT was pure TOS! :mrgreen: :good: :mrgreen:

I loved how KITT hacked into the female DEA officer's anticarjacking security system of her SUV overriding it and driving it himself! That could never be done in the TOS but it is something that they can sure exploit now and more great going there! :good:

Alll in all I have to give this a perfect 10, I got no complaints on this one! :good: :P :good:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Dukeboy320 wrote:i love how kitts createing charter and LOVED the old mustang but was VERY disapointed when the said "lets go old school" i was hopeing for a Trans-Am :(
You guys are too much, the TOS KITT is history in the present, provided God willing that there is a second season I hope to see it back in flashbacks explaining what happened to it and Mike Sr but that's it...

Shapeshifter
FLAG Recruit

Post by Shapeshifter » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:53 pm

I really liked this one. Didn't know much about it going in, and all I can say is it felt "right". You really see how this show has evolved, and come into it's own. The new set-up works better and allows the situations to settle in and not feel forced. The plot didn't feel contrived or derivative, and the pacing and acting were very good. But over all, it's about Mike and KITT, and the back and forth was very entertaining. Great job!

dcpan
Volunteer

Post by dcpan » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:07 pm

I like how KITT changes the subject so far :D

Is it just me, or is the KR symbol being substituted by the windows logo not very subtle? :dash:

bige
Rookie

Post by bige » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:16 pm

Or else it kind of black out for the time being in-til they get the flag local

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:18 pm

Perfect, aside from the transformations (and Smith Cho).

And I don't care what anyone says. I don't like them, and I have every right to mention that. Not liking the transformations doesn't mean I hate the show. Seriously, if the transformations stopped, the show would be perfection for me.

On second thought, if they would just change them back to the pilot-style transformations (more like a liquidy change instead of flipping panels) and they removed the ability to transform into things beyond KITT's mass, I'd be okay with them. The flipping panels look too mechanical to be believed as nanotech, whereas the pilot version looked like a sea of microscopic machines. And where'd the mass come from to turn KITT into a truck? It's just too much to buy.

The transformations as they are look very derivative of Transformers and also really are just for Ford advertising. The show should only be an ad for the Mustang, no other cars. The 4x4 mode only really exists to sell Ford trucks. They can go the TOS route and bring back the HTDD if KITT wants to go off-road.

And Attack Mode is still ugly as sin.

And again, I have every right to voice my opinion on this. Keep that in mind.

And by the way, was anyone else reminded of Soul Survivor by the mom? She looked somewhat similar.
One man can make a difference....

bige
Rookie

Post by bige » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:28 pm

The thing that I like about the series is that it dose get MK out of trouble since you show in this episode when Kitt escaped from the tow truck (TOS Kitt could of not down that) and went to get back and when the DEA agent call to the a bulletin out for Mike & Kitt, since she said black mustang, after mike and kitt find there is a bulletin out for them KITT decides to change into the old mustang,

You know in the TOS how many time Michael got arrested, because since his car could not change into different ones so it was easier for the police to find the Michael in the TOS.

So I say it gives Michael Knight Jr. a better chance on escapeing from be arrested after a escape,

In the TOS how many times was the Knight 2000 in the impound lot? It was whenever Michael Knight Sr. got arested

Wesmagyar
Stranger

Post by Wesmagyar » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:34 pm

Well the mass problem can be solved by a few different things. #1 he is super dense and he can stretch out the molecules more to give him the mass to be a truck. #2 they could be using energy to matter converters and are transforming some of his available energy to create matter (think the replicators on star trek... they have the technology in KR already. for example the way kitt makes items for mike)
Honestly if the transformation aren't as gratuitous as the initially where and actually fit the plot its no big deal. turning into the classic mustang worked into the story line as it helped them hide from the cops. also turning into the truck as well. as for attack mode i only see the point of that like they had super persuit mode in the original its more aero dynamic. now as for the mechanics they use for the transformations... true the way they did it in the pilot makes more sense as to nanotechnology. the current one is to transformer like.

But all in all i think they are doing a million times better then they where.

-Wes-
Last edited by Wesmagyar on Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Knight
Rookie

Post by Mike Knight » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:35 pm

One thing I think needs mentioning:

when running a check on Mike's record, with the name of "Michael Knight," shouldn't that also bring up his father's record as MK senior?
One man can make a difference....

bige
Rookie

Post by bige » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:39 pm

it would probally be in Michael Knight Jr. record under personal section but that is still locked right now

KFCreator
FLAG Recruit

Post by KFCreator » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:46 pm

I really liked this episode and thought that the character development of KIT3 and Mike was great. Also really enjoyed all of the touching and heartfelt moments spread throughout the episode, like when Zoe was talking to Danny's mom in the kitchen or the ending scene with everyone. This episode, like the previous few, have really started nailing down what the classic series really had I think. The heart, humor and action is all there and in a well-balanced mix. This episode also felt much more like the action-drama that the show is supposed to be. I could actually watch this tonight and at certain points imagine non-KR TV viewers flipping the channels, seeing a snippet from this episode and getting curious about it, and staying tuned in for the rest of it.

And of course, some of the classic series references were great but you had to be REALLY on your toes to catch some of it. Did anyone notice the ever-so-subtle musical score about midway through the episode that happened when KI3T was driving that immediately sounded like a nod to the classic series' score? I can't remember exactly where in the episode it was, I will have to go back and re-watch it tomorrow to find it but I heard it and it instantly brought a big grin to my face.
"One man can make a difference. You can make a difference in someone else's life. You can make a difference in your own life." -- David Hasselhoff

KITTthesupercar
Stranger

Post by KITTthesupercar » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:54 pm

Machine guns?

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:12 am

This was a great episode. My favorite part was KI3T changing the subject by banging Mike's head on the steering wheel! ROFLMAO

Did anyone else notice how they basically said, "Yeah, we screwed up the show in the beginning," by having Sarah mention the previous "screw up" of Knight Industries?
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

rizvi
Volunteer

Post by rizvi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:15 am

Loved this episode ! PLease PLease ... Do NOT cancel this show now ... It's getting better and better every week ..

Wednesdays without KR is like Cornflakes without the Milk !

egomez2777
Volunteer

Post by egomez2777 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:18 am

Awesome episode! Unlike the first few episodes, i am starting to have fun watching these new episodes and the similarites to TOS. The "Kitt is making you his bitch" comment is classic. I literally laughed out loud. Maria Menunos' cameo was pleasant eye-candy. I hope she comes back is future episodes.

And like many of you, i almost exploded out of my chair in excitement when Mike mentioned "old school". I was expecting this ---> :kitt2: as well.

The classic mustang was nice but the T-Top would have been just the best.

And just to chime in on the Tranformations controversy. I don't mind it one bit. It's 2009, the possibilies for csar transformations isn't that far off. If you were in the 80's and you mentioned the iphone, mp3 players or bluetooth to people, they'd think you were crazy. Love the show.

Let's see a story arc with Goliath!
K.I.T.T.: "Don't worry Sarah, I got this!"

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:25 am

Ontario Knight wrote:Well who said that the February movie and this series isn't connected...
Yeah I noticed that, Mike mentions his mother dieing. Both were written by Andron.

I loved KITT thinking for himself in this episode, kinda fitting to come after the KARR story. We're not sure if he will uses deadly force or not.

Great episode, it had a different feel to it very TOS :good:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

rizvi
Volunteer

Post by rizvi » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:27 am

egomez2777 wrote:Awesome episode! Unlike the first few episodes, i am starting to have fun watching these new episodes and the similarites to TOS. The "Kitt is making you his bitch" comment is classic. I literally laughed out loud. Maria Menunos' cameo was pleasant eye-candy. I hope she comes back is future episodes.

And like many of you, i almost exploded out of my chair in excitement when Mike mentioned "old school". I was expecting this ---> :kitt2: as well.

The classic mustang was nice but the T-Top would have been just the best.

And just to chime in on the Tranformations controversy. I don't mind it one bit. It's 2009, the possibilies for csar transformations isn't that far off. If you were in the 80's and you mentioned the iphone, mp3 players or bluetooth to people, they'd think you were crazy. Love the show.

Let's see a story arc with Goliath!
You're absolutely correct about the use of new technology in the new series .. A lot of the OLD kitt's capabilities seemed a little far fetched back in the day but almost everything KITT used to do in TOS can be done now and does not WOW people anymore ..

Transformations .... Don't mind them one bit !

ThisIsSparta
Stranger

Post by ThisIsSparta » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:28 am

Best Episode of KR 2008 ever! Finally, KITT is a real character. KITT needs to be just as prominent as Michael. Let's hope it stays this way because in the past the series has taken one step foward and one step back. Action, suspense, humor and sentiment all get high marks. Promo for next weeks episode looked cool too.

Like many others, my heart skipped a beat when he said let's go "old school". :kitt: Now that's old school! :) But at least it wasn't the pick up truck again! Seriously, I think Ford pays extra for the truck. That's why they have it in nearly every episode.