Questions KR game?

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

JustinMacri
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

new kr game news

Post by JustinMacri » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:03 pm

so the game will come out early fro PS2 can i have the game

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

new kr game news

Post by knightimmortal » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:05 pm

No, Justin, because that is overseas. Remember, Justin, some of the people who are talking here are from England and Europe. You can sort of tell on some of them by looking at the bottom of the post, where it says we are from.

knightimmortal

JustinMacri
Rookie

new kr game news

Post by JustinMacri » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:35 pm

oh

jup
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

new kr game news

Post by jup » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:42 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SpyHunter:
<STRONG>In the show, Turbo Boost and Ski Mode were used only when absolutely necessary and made for a very dramatic scene. In the game, you are using it on a whim every 10 seconds!

It is also terribly unrealistic when KITT rams innocent civilian vehicles on the road, and nothing is said or done about it!

SH</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh...funny how KITT's complaints about the ramming/shooting of innocent vehicles was amongst the first things I did in my game. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And, my solution for the 'Turbo Boosting every 10 seconds' problem...make things like the Turbo Boost require a recharge period. (After all, nobody REALLY knows if the turbine thrusters were enough to make KITT jump all the time or if pressure had to be built up and storred. The turbines were very powerful...but, enough to make the car go high into the air or go from 0 to 60 in a heartbeat? It's a truly debatable point/loophole.)

And, Neil. Did the makers of the Knight Rider game pick you to beta test the game becuase of your wonderful web site/community? Or, another reason? (Gives me goose bumps to think that this actual game may have been started by our discussions many months back about someone making a KR game to sell/for free. (And, maybe I shouldn't even consider ever getting back to work on my game...should I ever get the chance to, again.))

jup
FLAG Operative
Location: SD, CA. USA | Web site: http://www.jupircbot.8m.com (jup's KR game project 'ghosts' here)

new kr game news

Post by jup » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:01 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by krfan1:
<STRONG>(Would be kinda neat if they had commercials on TV for this game [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] )

Nick<HR></BLOCKQUOTE></STRONG>

Considering some of the weird, 'not really about any type game' ads that Sony is putting out, they might as well do a KR ad. (Won't happen, though.)

I can see it now. Camera moving around in a crowded city. The camera concentrates on obscure things. 24 seconds worth of wondering images that don't make sense. THEN, a black car-looking streak flies over a traffic stopped intersection and that Sony paragraph flashes on the screen...not mentioning the Knight Rider: The Game name. (Knight Rider: The Game? Gives me flashbacks about the Spaceballs in-movie joke.)

neps
Site Administrator

new kr game news

Post by neps » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:25 pm

if you visit the always improving game section at http://www.knightrideronline.com/game/ , you can see some screen captures from the PC version of the game. This too is from an early beta, and is rendered on a crappy 3d card, so just view them for scene positioning. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ October 02, 2002: Message edited by: neps ]

jup
FLAG Operative

new kr game news

Post by jup » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:27 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by neps:
<STRONG>...your comments on the control are important, but as long as it allows me to go foward and doesn't lock up and make me spin like crazy, i'm still gonna be happy.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

While that's not quite the quote I was looking for, it comes close enough...

Sometimes, bugs do make it into the production level games. I've run into several rather nasty ones in the Dukes games, where the frame rate will cut down to, perhaps one frame every second or two when the background movement gets complex or this one scene where the course is divided up into loadable parts AND objects have to be collected in all of these zones. Or, one of those Tomb Raider games had several bad save points. (Didn't write all the required data to the memory card.) I've experienced a bug in that Spy Hunter game where the can can get stuck underneith & inside a semi-trailer without hope of escape. And, so forth.

Hopefully, all the bugs can be worked out of the new KR game in time. (But, that does scare me to think that they are still being worked out with the deadline closing fast, like that.

neps
Site Administrator

new kr game news

Post by neps » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:34 pm

From what I have played, the turbo boosting does work on a charge level. Once you use it, you'll have to wait a bit until it is full charged. its much like the spyhunter turbo as you can use the turbo boost again soon, but it isn't as effective until it is at full level again.

Not sure what jump started their working on this game. But they did mention that they researched through the different knight rider sites for information, so something that was mentioned here could have very well influenced the game.

Mike Knight
Rookie

new kr game news

Post by Mike Knight » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:37 pm

For me, this game can do no wrong. I never have a problem with Graphics, gameplay, storylines, or controls, strangely. People berate some of my favorite games all the time at Gamefaqs, but I simply can't understand them!

Heck, my Favorite Knight Rider game, to date, is Knight Rider on NES! I've played every other version (C64, TG-16), but, for some reason, the NES version is the one I find to be the best. Probably because KARR returns.... [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

neps
Site Administrator

new kr game news

Post by neps » Wed Oct 02, 2002 11:40 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jup:
<STRONG>Sometimes, bugs do make it into the production level games. </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not scary, from what I have heard it is normal. If the game is being released in November that is. Over a month left if that is the case, one week left for buggin, 2 weeks for construction, and another for shipping. of course these are just estimates on my own, and may be totally off.

i know what you mean about problems with released games, the only problem personally i have had with spyhunter is that reversing is nasty. you have to almost come to a complete stop before you can go backwards, and sometimes more than that. and you can forget about going forward again, its slow too. i'm sure davilex is doing the best they can to get everything squared away before it gets to your hands.

Newcastle knight
Operative

Questions KR game?

Post by Newcastle knight » Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:05 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Skav:
<STRONG>
The scanner in the wrong place when in SPM during the video sequences does irk me a lot but I'll get used to it.

Well done Davilex.

Skav</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At the end of the day, you dont play a car game looking at the front of the car do you ? lol

just something cool to look at in an FMV or something.

or if you press one of the shoulder buttons to look at the car from the front like in Gran Turismo.

scott

Skav
FLAG Operative

Questions KR game?

Post by Skav » Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:59 am

no, u dont play a car game looking at it from the front but thats why i mentioned video sequences. i wasnt talking about the actual play in the game but i do hope there are different view mode choices of the car and not just a back and in-seat view.

Skav

Scott Kirkessner
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by Scott Kirkessner » Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:37 am

No Justin, you need to wait until early 2003 to buy the game.

Oh yeah, and no you can't have the game, but you sure can go to your local game store and buy it when it gets released.

-Scott

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Justin Macri:
<STRONG>so the game will come out early fro PS2 can i have the game</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

situ
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by situ » Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:25 am

1. Will there be a demo for pc players?
If so: when it is ready for download?
2. is it possible to have somekind of
road/stage editor?

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by spyhunter » Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:41 am

[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Thank you, Teunstah & Jeronimo for your hard work and dedication to this game and taking the time to answer our questions! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I admit I was pretty harsh in my previous posts about the game, but I, as everybody on this board I'm sure, are totally thrilled that a company has finally put together a game based on KR for the 'NextGen' systems!

Considering the changes to the beta that you have outlined here, it should be a huge success!

And when the KR movie drops in theaters *crosses fingers*, it should boost that success or inspire a sequel!

SH

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by spyhunter » Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:56 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by neps:
<STRONG>

I was reading in a PS2 magazine the other day that in the new James Bond game, the James Bond character has the likeness of Pierce Brosnan. However, since they spent all this money to get his likeness rights, they weren't able to get afford to have him speak the lines. So if a big game giant like EA can't afford to have the real actors voice, it's not surprising that this game does not as well.

But it is very cool for the German and French viewers out there!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, so that's why the Dukes of Hazzard games stunk so bad, the company spent all of their dough on authentic voices! :-)

SH

Sonicfreak
Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by Sonicfreak » Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:16 am

Teunstah, Knight Rider The Game is first being released on PC and PS2. Will the game also be released on Xbox, NGC and GBA?

Now that you have the Knight Rider license wouldn't it be a great idea to get the Airwolf license and create an Airwolf game?

spyhunter
FLAG Recruit

new kr game news

Post by spyhunter » Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:36 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jup:
<STRONG>

Heh...funny how KITT's complaints about the ramming/shooting of innocent vehicles was amongst the first things I did in my game. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

And, my solution for the 'Turbo Boosting every 10 seconds' problem...make things like the Turbo Boost require a recharge period. (After all, nobody REALLY knows if the turbine thrusters were enough to make KITT jump all the time or if pressure had to be built up and storred. The turbines were very powerful...but, enough to make the car go high into the air or go from 0 to 60 in a heartbeat? It's a truly debatable point/loophole.)
</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Very interesting jup!

I definitely agree with the recharge period, as it is hard enough to believe that Turbo Boost actually works in the first place, let alone being able to work every 10 seconds!

I like your ideas for a Sony commercial too! I can picture it now... I wish they would do something like that! Commercials for games are never consistent though, it seems like some good games never get a commercial, and then other games like Gran Turismo 3 still have commercials playing after they are over a year old!

And as for the SpyHunter game bugs, well, it's just too bad that the NextGen version couldn't live up to the original arcade classic hit! I still wish they would've made a perfect 3-Dimensional copy of the original. Where the water and the fire of explosions would look like real life and you would have the option of viewing it in a classic view (from a helicopter higher then the copter in the game) or a view from inside or alongside of the car. And being a perfect copy of the original would make for virtually zero bugs, since the few bugs in the original have had almost 20 years to be realized! Ok, dream time over...

SH

toffa
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by toffa » Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:35 am

Will KARR have any role to play in the game?

neps
Site Administrator

Questions KR game?

Post by neps » Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:58 am

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by toffa:
<STRONG>Will KARR have any role to play in the game?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes he does. You wont be able to play him (as far as I know) but he is one of the badies you have to deal with.

Teunstah
Volunteer

Questions KR game?

Post by Teunstah » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:08 am

Zed:
1)We have no plans for PC-demo ATM, but since we'll be making a PS2 demo, it's surely a possibility. It's always quite a bit of work, 'cutting' loose one part of the game to create a demo.
2) No there will not be a mapeditor of any kind (Sorry). Creating the tracks is a complicated process which involves an in-house editor. Also once the track has been build it needs to go through several complicated steps before it's ready for use in the game.

Spyhunter:
Thanks hope you like it :P

Sonicfreak:
We're in the process of evaluating the possibilities, on all platforms. For now... let's say it looks good...

Toffa:
Yes both KARR and Garth (even Goliath) will play a starring role in this game

[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: Teunstah ]

Sonicfreak
Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by Sonicfreak » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:18 am

Teunstah, when you say: For now...lets say it looks good... Does that mean Davilex is trying to get the Airwolf license? Or where you answering my first question about whether or not Knight Rider The Game will be released for Xbox, NGC or GBA?

[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: Sonicfreak ]

[ October 03, 2002: Message edited by: Sonicfreak ]

Newcastle knight
Operative

Questions KR game?

Post by Newcastle knight » Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:48 am

ive just watched the improved intro. who's the dude with the voice ? lol

too the Davilex people, saying as you have the rights to make the game, could you not of taken the original theme and used the voice of Richard Baseheart (Wilton Knight) in the game ? he is the guy on the TV show that speaks those famous lines on the intro.

the new footage was really good ! Devon standing next to KITT, bonnie and the semi and michael.

scott

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Questions KR game?

Post by Knight2000 » Thu Oct 03, 2002 1:18 pm

F*** me. Those shots look excellent!

I'm not gonna nitpick or anything coz I know you guys (and ladies) put in a lot of work. Well done!

PS Just one little question. Would you consider putting in the scene from the end of every Season 1 Knight Rider episode? The bit where Richard Basehart says "One man CAN make a difference. Michael Knight, a lone crusador in a dangerous world the world of the Knight Rider"? Or at least something similar. Doesn't matter if you don't. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Mike Knight
Rookie

Questions KR game?

Post by Mike Knight » Thu Oct 03, 2002 3:39 pm

Boo yeah! I get to talk to the people making the game! You guys have the honor of producing the first 3D game I've EVER wanted!

I have no qualms about stuff like the scanner in the wrong place, etc. I just want a great game, and voice acting that's good. It doesn't have to be perfect.

If you guys need an idea to get the GBA version off the ground, once you get the license, go here for a detaild synopsis that I wrote up a while back. If it helps, I don't want credit for it.

Link: http://www.knightrideronline.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=2&t=000380

By the way, I do have a question; If this game does well, can we expect a sequal?