Preformated letter to Angela Bromstad - Num 1

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Preformated letter to Angela Bromstad - Num 1

Post by Sue » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:33 am

I hesitate to post this because I am in no way certain of its authenticity. I gave it a shot and it didn't bounce back at me anyway. Feel free to give it a try, but please please don't use it instead of sending in your letter.
angela.bromstad@nbcuni.com

And don't forget about Kit Kats! How's this for a slogan: Give KITT a break. :mrgreen:
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:21 am

Honestly, it's probably a really bad idea because it could lead to stupidity that could do more harm than good.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Andyuk
Volunteer

Post by Andyuk » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:21 am

I remember reading about a simular thing to what you lot are doing now, in 1966 when star trek was going to be cancelled two people organized a letter writing campaign to write to nbc to keep star trek on the air, they succeeded in there efforts but as you know star trek was eventually cancelled at the end of season 3 due to contining low ratings.

I am not being negative but if nbc are not advertising knight rider inbetween programs with promos then it does seem they have given up with it. :roll:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:30 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Honestly, it's probably a really bad idea because it could lead to stupidity that could do more harm than good.
Good point. We should certainly steer away from non constructive letters. And you absolutely should never send a threatening letter as that could be something that could potentially get you in a lot of trouble. As I've said I have major doubts that this email will work. Considering it's out there on the net, if it was her email she must have changed it by now you would think. Here's the site I got it from. You can also see they have her address wrong.
http://www.savesurface.com/mayday.html
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:11 pm

If that is Angela real email, shouldnt probably be posted on other sites like IMDB and NBC KR board, since of all of the people that feel that "KR needs to die"

Also it is not hard to mail a letter :good:
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

gromia77
Rookie

Post by gromia77 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:39 am

I'm thinking about sending a letter I wrote myself. That would be more personal, right? But will include a KitKat on it for sure.

Just wondering if they'll take a letter from outside the US seriously. I'm in Finland and obviously can't watch the new KR on TV yet.
Zoe: Burn rubber Kitt!
Kitt: Burning rubber.

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:53 am

Guys, I tested the KitKat idea a couple of days ago and sent it to my brother a state away.
When he received the letter the ki kat was crushed and melted.
The letter was unreadable.
Including a KitKat may be a bad idea considering Angela is gonna get allot of crushed gooey letters that she can't read.

My friend at the post office said that the letter sorter machines grab each letter and that is what destroys the kitkat.
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

DavidKnight
Rookie

Post by DavidKnight » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:03 pm

Sue wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:Honestly, it's probably a really bad idea because it could lead to stupidity that could do more harm than good.
Good point. We should certainly steer away from non constructive letters. And you absolutely should never send a threatening letter as that could be something that could potentially get you in a lot of trouble. As I've said I have major doubts that this email will work. Considering it's out there on the net, if it was her email she must have changed it by now you would think. Here's the site I got it from. You can also see they have her address wrong.
Savesurface.com... I forgot about it. 'Surface' was a great show too, but of course NBC cancelled it...

I'm guesing write an e-mail as i live outside US and i don't have so much money to send a letter to California :D

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:08 pm

DavidKnight wrote:
Sue wrote:
Savesurface.com... I forgot about it. 'Surface' was a great show too, but of course NBC cancelled it...

I'm guesing write an e-mail as i live outside US and i don't have so much money to send a letter to California :D
If you can't send a letter try the other two ideas on our campaign page. Don't use that email as the only thing you do cause I have my doubts as to its accuracy.
http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... /campaign/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
taoworm2323 wrote:Guys, I tested the KitKat idea a couple of days ago and sent it to my brother a state away.
Including a KitKat may be a bad idea considering Angela is gonna get allot of crushed gooey letters that she can't read.

My friend at the post office said that the letter sorter machines grab each letter and that is what destroys the kitkat.
Humm, a vendor we use always sends us chocolate with whatever he sends us. It does get rather messy, but I haven't asked him to stop yet. :mrgreen:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:28 pm

Could always just try sending the Kit Kat wrapper?

Nah dumb idea, if someone sent me an empty chocolate wrapper I think I'd be offended

*mutters damn cheapskates* :D

gromia77
Rookie

Post by gromia77 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:59 pm

taoworm2323 wrote:Guys, I tested the KitKat idea a couple of days ago and sent it to my brother a state away.

It's a good thing I didn't find any KitKats then :mrgreen: But I did send my letter. But not to Angela, I sent it to Ben Silverman, that's the guy GST told us to send letters to.

:kitt2:

Dee_Jay77
Recruit

Post by Dee_Jay77 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:19 pm

I sent a letter to Bromstad and silverman as well I didnt put a kit-kat bar in it though. I put a crisp clean one dollar bill in each one.

gromia77
Rookie

Post by gromia77 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:26 am

Dee_Jay77 wrote:I sent a letter to Bromstad and silverman as well I didnt put a kit-kat bar in it though. I put a crisp clean one dollar bill in each one.
I put the Knight Industries logo on it (the chess piece) and added the new Knight Rider text as well.

Was thinking of sending a letter to Bromstad as well, but maybe I'll change the wording so it's not an exact copy of the one I sent to Silverman.

Here's hoping we can make a difference! :good:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:47 am

Oh cool! How bout that. Neil must have found Ben Silverman and Marc Graboff's addresses. Hey everyone mail in two more letters. I'm heading off to the post office tomorrow. :mrgreen:

http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... /campaign/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mathyus
Rookie

Post by Mathyus » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:03 pm

Sue wrote:Oh cool! How bout that. Neil must have found Ben Silverman and Marc Graboff's addresses. Hey everyone mail in two more letters. I'm heading off to the post office tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Two more letters have been printed, and will be in the mail soon!
End of line program... -MCP-

gromia77
Rookie

Post by gromia77 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:05 pm

Oh crap. Just realized the letter I sent to Silverman had the wrong address :whistle:

Good thing I saved the letter so now I can actually send it to the correct one :oops:

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:07 pm

gromia77 wrote:Oh crap. Just realized the letter I sent to Silverman had the wrong address :whistle:

Good thing I saved the letter so now I can actually send it to the correct one :oops:
Well perhaps the NBC mail room workers know the right buildings to send them too. When you Silverman perhaps all you need for an address is Silverman, NBC, Burbank.

gromia77
Rookie

Post by gromia77 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:35 pm

Sue wrote:
gromia77 wrote:Oh crap. Just realized the letter I sent to Silverman had the wrong address :whistle:

Well perhaps the NBC mail room workers know the right buildings to send them too. When you Silverman perhaps all you need for an address is Silverman, NBC, Burbank.
Well, I'll send it again just in case, along with the letter to Graboff. The more letters the better :mrgreen: