Xbox 360 Xboxlive marketplace

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Dee_Jay77
Recruit

Xbox 360 Xboxlive marketplace

Post by Dee_Jay77 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:55 pm

I don't know if this has been posted or talked about since this is my first day on the board but to those of you who own an xbox 360 and are online you can download The Knight Rider 2008 series as well as the classic Knight Rider series off of the xbox live video market place. For the 2008 series you have the option to download the episode in High Definition or Standard Definition. For the classic series it's Standard definition only.

High Definition episodes generally cost 240 microsoft points per episode and standard Definition episodes cost 160 microsoft points per episode.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/video ... b0cbb46d9/

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/video ... f05c59e8f/

DJGM
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Xbox 360 Xboxlive marketplace

Post by DJGM » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:29 am

Can't find it on my Xbox360 ... but then I'm in the UK, which would explain why!

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:08 pm

All but one of the KR08 episodes are available in HD. The story summaries for the original series are hilarious to read because they are all pretty much incorrect.

Just1Philly
Volunteer

Post by Just1Philly » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:02 pm

i love it becuase if i miss it , i can download it to my xbox and watch it with no commerials in it :D :D :D :D :good: :kitt: :karr:

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:45 am

Just1Philly wrote:i love it becuase if i miss it , i can download it to my xbox and watch it with no commerials in it :D :D :D :D :good: :kitt: :karr:
Ya but it is always a day behind, your better off obtaining the episodes by other means & watching them on your Xbox 360 for free.
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:03 pm

Even if you live in Canada or the UK and can't watch the episodes on your Xbox 360, you can still go to the US Xbox website and watch the one-minute previews... use the link in the first post...

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:48 pm

DLAspider wrote:Even if you live in Canada or the UK and can't watch the episodes on your Xbox 360, you can still go to the US Xbox website and watch the one-minute previews... use the link in the first post...
Is doesnt matter what country you live in we all use the same internet! You can watch any video saved on your PC to your Xbox 360. Anybodys best bet is to download the episode & then stream it on your 360. Thats what the other source tab is for on your video library. My 360 is my media hub for video music & pics! Any video ive downloaded on my PC i can watch on my 360, its awesome! And now Xbox 360 with Netflix for $9.95 a month who needs cable! You can tell im in complete awe of what this machines entertainment value is! I have every episode of KR08 in HD on my 360 that didnt cost me any MS points or dollars!

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:26 am

I dont have Xbox. but get to watch every episod on friday after getting it from the net :kitt:

DLAspider
Rookie

Post by DLAspider » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:26 pm

GarthKnight08 wrote:
Is doesnt matter what country you live in we all use the same internet! You can watch any video saved on your PC to your Xbox 360.
Not true at all. Due to copyright laws or something related, a lot of content from Xbox Live Marketplace is not available to users from the UK or Canada, whether you try to download it directly onto an Xbox 360 or onto a computer. I get way less new-release movies and no tv shows on my Xbox 360, it just isn't listed. If I go on the US Xbox website and try to download anything it says it is not available in my region. Plus it's a fact that other countries block access to a lot of North American website content.

AzBat360
Recruit

Post by AzBat360 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:32 pm

I use my 360 to watch classic Knight Rider & new Knight Rider for free. I can watch classic Knight Rider via Netflix Instant Queue. Unfortunately not all episodes are available, but the majority are. As for the new series, I can watch them the next day off Hulu on my 360 using a program called PlayOn from ( http://www.themediamall.com/ )

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:10 am

While here in the UK, we may not be able to use US only video streaming sites such
as Hulu, without messing around with proxies and VPN configurations due to geo-IP
restrictions, "PlayOn" looks like a decent piece of software for re-directing those
streams from the PC to the XBox360 (or PS3) ... or at least, it did.

That was until I noticed one of the minimum system requirements of the program
was Windows Media Player 11. After previous experiences with that particular
version of WMP, it is going nowhere near any of my XP installations again!

I use WMP10, and the standalone Windows Media Connect app for streaming any
of my wmv files, and most of my DivX/XviD encoded avi files. This works well,
and is a lot more flexible and easier than the Media Sharing functionality that
officially replaced WMC, and built into the abomination that is WMP11!

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:54 am

DLAspider wrote:
GarthKnight08 wrote:
Is doesnt matter what country you live in we all use the same internet! You can watch any video saved on your PC to your Xbox 360.
Not true at all. Due to copyright laws or something related, a lot of content from Xbox Live Marketplace is not available to users from the UK or Canada, whether you try to download it directly onto an Xbox 360 or onto a computer. I get way less new-release movies and no tv shows on my Xbox 360, it just isn't listed. If I go on the US Xbox website and try to download anything it says it is not available in my region. Plus it's a fact that other countries block access to a lot of North American website content.
Yes it is true, i didnt download any KR episode from Xbox live marketplace or any 3rd party streaming website like Hulu, i got them from other places that is availible to the entire world! Any avi,mpeg etc video saved to your PC hard drive can be viewed on your Xbox 360. You are not just limited to Marketplace or Netflix, if fact there is no limitations! Trust me explore what your Xbox 360 can do & you will be surprised!

And DJGM you need WMP11 or Zune to for media sharing between your PC & your Xbox 360

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:19 am

Here are a few pics to show what im talking about. These folders have nothing to do with Marketplace, Netflix or any other streaming website. They are just being shared from my PC hard drive to my Xbox 360 via a router.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:00 am

GarthKnight08 wrote: DJGM you need WMP11 or Zune to for media sharing
between your PC & your Xbox 360
That's only if you're using Windows Vista. I'm running XP, and sticking with it for the
forseeable future. I'm still using WMP10, with no intention of "upgrading" to WMP11.

The standalone Windows Media Connect application does exactly what the media
sharing functionality of WMP11 does, but providing a far easier and more flexible
way for me to share my multimedia stuff from the PC to my XBox360.

Although I do intend to install Windows 7 after it's been released, ultimately it'll
be part of a dual-boot system alongside my existing Windows XP installation.

honnziva
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by honnziva » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:12 am

so.. you're not paying for it... or is this some other type of service that is free to download copy written material to my computer and have it be legal? cause that doesnt sound ok.... what you are describing.
"To our future. No matter who it may take us up against or where"

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:43 am

Giving the current uncertainty about the future of the show, I STRONGLY recommend buying them from XBL and thus actually supporting the show. Hell, I would be doing it RIGHT NOW if the XBL video service was available here in Finland :(
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:05 pm

DJGM wrote:
GarthKnight08 wrote: DJGM you need WMP11 or Zune to for media sharing
between your PC & your Xbox 360
That's only if you're using Windows Vista. I'm running XP, and sticking with it for the
forseeable future. I'm still using WMP10, with no intention of "upgrading" to WMP11.

The standalone Windows Media Connect application does exactly what the media
sharing functionality of WMP11 does, but providing a far easier and more flexible
way for me to share my multimedia stuff from the PC to my XBox360.

Although I do intend to install Windows 7 after it's been released, ultimately it'll
be part of a dual-boot system alongside my existing Windows XP installation.
Im not using Vista either im on XP & i needed WMP11 to share with my Xbox, for me it wouldnt work any other way. And necro it doesnt matter how many KR08 episodes you buy on Marketplace or anywhere else, its all about ratings & sponsership, whats done is done & NBC will do whatever they want no matter what. I wanna see the show go on just as much as the next fan but me or you buying a few episodes on Xbox Live Marketplace isnt gonna change the shows fate.
Last edited by GarthKnight08 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:06 pm

honnziva wrote:so.. you're not paying for it... or is this some other type of service that is free to download copy written material to my computer and have it be legal? cause that doesnt sound ok.... what you are describing.
Judging by the titles, those are files downloaded from file sharing networks unless he encoded them himself which I don't think is likely. Someone took the season boxsets and encoded individual episodes into MPEG-4 video files for distribution or viewing on their own PC.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Getting the show from iTunes or the Microsoft Marketplace does support the show and it is counted by the network but not in the same way that actual viewers of the broadcasts are.

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:24 pm

Well take it however you may i was just showing that it is possible to view titles not just Knight Rider on your Xbox 360 without Marketplace & streaming sites & in no way shape or form do i condone any illegal downloading of copyrighted material of any kind.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:46 pm

GarthKnight08 wrote: Im not using Vista either im on XP & i needed WMP11 to share
with my Xbox, for me it wouldn't work any other way.
It's a pity Microsoft discontinued Windows Media Connect when they released WMP11.
The media sharing options built into WMP11 are a poorly written substitute for what
was a much more straightforward, and easier to use standalone application.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:09 pm

(I would've added this photo into the previous post, but I can no longer edit it.)

The only minus point for WMC is there's no preview thumbnails when the video files are
displayed on the XBox360. But that doesn't matter to me, it's only a very minor issue.