KR Ratings

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

BlackKitt
Rookie

KR Ratings

Post by BlackKitt » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:52 pm

Is this good or bad?

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Re: KR Ratings

Post by lunchmeat » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:20 pm

Well, if anything, it could be worse.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

KITT
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by KITT » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:54 pm

basically, higher the number the better the rating and better for the show.
Lady: "I bet you're tall, dark, and handsome."
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."
http://www.dhasselhoff.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:21 pm

Seems to be doing well as a sci-fi show...But compared putting all the shows(of all genres)together, it's not good... :(
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Drifty
Rookie

Post by Drifty » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:56 pm

Just wondering, but shouldn't Heroes and Lost be in there? I'm certainly not complaining they're not lol

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:37 pm

I think Heroes and Lost go into the "drama" category.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
Petition #9

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:52 pm

Its good but look at what its being compared to. I've firmly held that if KR was on a friday or saturday night it would do well. It can't survive on a Wed night prime time slot.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:52 am

I think we need the openion of Neps, he is the master of translating those ratings. what you think?? is this good or bad? Image :kitt:

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:34 am

3rd is place is awesome. I'm beginning to think people are just being greedy here. Look at the shows it's beaten there, Smallville, Jericho, Supernatural etc. I'm shocked that KR can even get that high in this day and age.

1st place will never happen.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:29 am

I think what you have to remember with Knight Rider is, TOS in the 80's is a generation away now, so that means the show picking up a new genertaion as it can't just depend on it's ols fan base.

To this genration Knight Rider is maybe a new show, so it needs time to build on that, 5 episodes for the reboot is not really a fair chance Imho, it needs a second season to make or break.

necrophilissimo
Rookie

Post by necrophilissimo » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:32 am

I'd say that's pretty damn awesome; Look at all the quality shows falling behind KR ratings - Supernatural, for instance. Even in Olympics third place is worth a medal :good:
TAGAP: The Apocalyptic Game About Penguins - Join the penguin apocalypse!

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:42 am

Also what tv companies have to remember is people are watching online etc, even Iligaly(Which I am not supporting and please don't start talking about how to.. I'm just using it as a point)

The thing is viewing habits of shows have changed considerably other time, not so many people will sit down and watch something as it's broadcast as they used to.

So maybe it's time for a diffrent approch to rattings.. Admitadly I don't know how they'd do that, but something will have to change sooner or later. :kittside:

Drifty
Rookie

Post by Drifty » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:16 am

whet wrote:Also what tv companies have to remember is people are watching online etc, even Iligaly(Which I am not supporting and please don't start talking about how to.. I'm just using it as a point)

The thing is viewing habits of shows have changed considerably other time, not so many people will sit down and watch something as it's broadcast as they used to.

So maybe it's time for a diffrent approch to rattings.. Admitadly I don't know how they'd do that, but something will have to change sooner or later. :kittside:
I agree. Maybe TV companies should analyse the figures of non-tv usage. To get a true count of how many viewers they get, the company would need to save the IP address' of the viewers and see how many different IP's they get. Admittedly, the only flaw with this is the fact that some homes have multiple pc's/laptops(notebooks) etc. Each will have their own IP if on broadband as they stay constant. I see this as a good way to view figures & popularity, but they would need a filter to save the IP address once and not have the same IP more than once. I only say this incase some people re-watch the show, as some of us do. This may be expensive software to introduce, but it would be worthwhile as it would definately start a trend of monitoring a new medium other than TV. Also, they could apply this software to all shows they broadcast.
Prime examples of this type of monitoring are already available. Lynda414's vote on the FLAG website for her Fanfic (highly recommended read by the way) & the petition to save KR. Both of these save IP addresses so they don't have the same person repeating themselves from the same terminal.

I know I've rambled on & on, but does this make sense to you guys?

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:51 am

Drifty wrote:
whet wrote:Also what tv companies have to remember is people are watching online etc, even Iligaly(Which I am not supporting and please don't start talking about how to.. I'm just using it as a point)

I agree. Maybe TV companies should analyse the figures of non-tv usage. To get a true count of how many viewers they get, the company would need to save the IP address' of the viewers and see how many different IP's they get. Admittedly, the only flaw with this is the fact that some homes have multiple pc's/laptops(notebooks) etc. Each will have their own IP if on broadband as they stay constant. I see this as a good way to view figures & popularity, but they would need a filter to save the IP address once and not have the same IP more than once. I only say this incase some people re-watch the show, as some of us do. This may be expensive software to introduce, but it would be worthwhile as it would definately start a trend of monitoring a new medium other than TV. Also, they could apply this software to all shows they broadcast.
Prime examples of this type of monitoring are already available. Lynda414's vote on the FLAG website for her Fanfic (highly recommended read by the way) & the petition to save KR. Both of these save IP addresses so they don't have the same person repeating themselves from the same terminal.

I know I've rambled on & on, but does this make sense to you guys?
Drifty, you're just awesome. *hugs* Who did you vote for?

On the subject of Neilson boxes, I also agree that they are outdated. Especially for those of us who are sci-fi fans, we like more advanced ways of enjoying our media. I personally am much more comfortable watching all my shows on my computer and leaving the TV on Noggin and the Classical Music station for the kids. The only show in recent memory that I have watched on the TV was Knight Rider. I felt that I should do my part and sit through commercials, even though I can't pause and rewind when Artemis starts screaming "Car! Car!" at the screen.

For me, online viewing is much more preferable, even if I have to sit through ads on there too.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:13 pm

I think, with the changeover to digital TV signalling, that we'll see better monitoring. From what I understand, channels will be able to send and receive data, similar to an internet connection - the idea was to introduce interactivity into TV viewing sessions, to some extent, but with this technology we'll probably also get a more accurate representation of who is watching what (via server-side applications that monitor small pings from active viewers).

I'm not sure how long this will take, but I think that Neilsen's days are numbered, in the face of new technology.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:12 pm

well, i did find that knight rider was in the top 10 most downloaded shows.
KITT: "I'm definitely dark and handsome, I'm only tall when I'm climbing a steep incline."

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:52 am

That seems like a good sign to me! :D It shows that there's interest, and I hope it proves that the Neilson ratings are wrong!This is the twenty-first century people!It's time we find a new way to get an accurate count!
Petition #9

knightnl1978
Stranger

Post by knightnl1978 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:03 am

Hello,

I am from the netherlands and i can only confirm that lots of us here are watching online because it isn't at our tv yet. We love the show so we hope it gets a seccond season.

Greetings the netherlands.

R.I.T.T.
Recruit

Post by R.I.T.T. » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:09 am

knightnl1978 wrote:Hello,

I am from the netherlands and i can only confirm that lots of us here are watching online because it isn't at our tv yet. We love the show so we hope it gets a seccond season.

And I doubt it ever will be. Which is a shame as I wish there was a way "we" could show that there are people watching.

Same with Terminator SCC
Hello, I am Rush Industries Three Thousand, R.I.T.T. for easy reference, or Ritt if you prefer.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:01 pm

I thought it was airing in the Netherlands now? O_o Or was it just the pilot?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

knightnl1978
Stranger

Post by knightnl1978 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:53 am

R.I.T.T. wrote:
knightnl1978 wrote:Hello,

And I doubt it ever will be. Which is a shame as I wish there was a way "we" could show that there are people watching.

Same with Terminator SCC
Someone at nbc has to notice that there are people watching it on the internet and writing about it, also overseas. So what can i say. And we only had the pilot on our network.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:41 am

knightnl1978 wrote:
Someone at nbc has to notice that there are people watching it on the internet and writing about it, also overseas. So what can i say. And we only had the pilot on our network.
but how???? they are not hearing the people living in the US, how do we get them to know about us the people living overseas and do watch the show every week???? Image :kitt:

KITT
FLAG Assistant

Post by KITT » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:08 pm

write a letter, or an email.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:46 pm

Oh!And sign the petition if you haven't already! :D
Petition #9

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:53 am

I did do every thing. the only thing left is to travel to the US and break into their offices :lol: Image :kitt: