Knight Rider THE MOVIE has a possible lead actor

Archive for discussions from 2003. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

March2875
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider THE MOVIE has a possible lead actor

Post by March2875 » Thu May 01, 2003 7:52 am

Ashton Kutcher of "That 70's Show" Fame is being reported to star as Kitt's Driver according to 4Filmmakers.com. According to IGN Filmforce they are a reliable movie news source.

To read the article as reported by IGN Filmforce with a picture of Kutcher go to this address http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/400/400157p1.html

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Thu May 01, 2003 8:20 am

An interesting find!!! i hope its not true..... why would David not be the lead..i still cant work that out

Nick

March2875
FLAG Recruit

Post by March2875 » Thu May 01, 2003 8:24 am

Cause we think Michaels going to be replacing Devon as the boss. You know received a promotion by FLAG for all his years of loyal service.

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Thu May 01, 2003 9:02 am

It just amazes me after watching the E! interview with David, when he talked about Knight Rider, he said that it was him that made it what it was.....and he is now giving up the rains of Michael to someone else....tell ya, the movie better have a good story line to get around this lol

Nick

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu May 01, 2003 9:27 am

Well, if it starts to imitate the matrix, i won't even bother seeing it.

Skav
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu May 01, 2003 10:44 am

"Dude, your so Michael Knight"

While thinking of Ashton Kutcher reminds me of a stoner Kelso and the guy from "Dude, Where's My Car?, makes me think this is a horrible choice. Thinking carrer wise, he seems to be this generations Keanu Reeves. So while his acting may be a joke (Woah) he can turn into a bankable action star. This may be the type of guy that would be good in this role.

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Thu May 01, 2003 1:44 pm

Last I knew, Kelso, was the OLD choice. I thought they since updated their choice to Seann William Scott. "Stiffler from American Pie", or the other Dude, from "Dude, where's my Car?" This was the last news I heard on TV about a week ago. Who the heck knows what they are doing?....
Brian - Knightdriver.com

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu May 01, 2003 2:00 pm

either way, they are all rumors. I would think not to believe anything till one of the key ingredients announces it (hasselhoff, larson, revolution) or a respectable news agency mentions it (variety), for now, there is no harm in playing with the thought.

that being said, I'd rather Kelso then Stiffler. I know I'm juding this just based on the characters they have played which probably isn't a good thing, but I feel Kutcher always plays a guy with a good heart, scott always seems more of an ass. (his stiffler performances outway his good players in bulletproof monk, jay and silent bob, and DWMC.)

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Thu May 01, 2003 2:05 pm

What the ad must have looked like:

Knight Rider: The Movie Casting Call:

All male actors who can act like they have an IQ of less than 20 may apply. The more dudealicious you can act, the better your chances are of being selected. Pretty boy eye candy is bonus.

Some people just need to have their magic mushrooms taken away from them, if it is the rumor mill, so be it. If it really is the casting directors, then it needs to be done immediately.

KI

krfan1
FLAG Recruit

Post by krfan1 » Fri May 02, 2003 12:28 am

Uuuummmmm....NO!!! I'm sorry but I really hated Dude, where's my car. So like Neil, I'm basing my opinion off of what I've seen. I'm sure he's a good actor but from what I've seen, he doesn't seem like a good choice for KITT's driver.

Nick

KARR101
Volunteer

Post by KARR101 » Fri May 02, 2003 2:06 am

I think those two actors are funny and all but they are not Knight Rider material. That guy from the Joe millianaire would be a better choice or even Matt Damon or Paul Walker would be good choices also. I just hope they make a good choice on whoever they pick to play the part.

Karan
Recruit

Post by Karan » Fri May 02, 2003 11:31 am

welll didnt it say in the last news piece that the KR movie project was gonna be based like something on the charlies angel's movie.
i mean that was all action pretty much and some dumb comedy thrown in. so it could be theyre lookin for guys like Kelso who might fit that kinda role.but i sincerely hope that they dont head in that direction.i dunno about u guys but that wouldnt do justice to the show at all.

Tarmac
Rookie

Post by Tarmac » Fri May 02, 2003 3:08 pm

Oh god NO!!! Oh please NO!! Anybody BUT Ashton Kutcher, AAHHHHHHH!!!! I can't stand that GUY as an actor or a person, watch any episode of PUNK'D and you'll see what I mean.

chadwick626
Recruit

Post by chadwick626 » Sat May 03, 2003 12:16 am

ive been thinking about it and i would liek to see mark paul gossemer or whatte4ver (zack from saved by the bell) behind the wheel.. think about it.. hed be perfect.. if hasselhoff cant drive the idea of him replacing devon is sweet.

kutcher is a f*****t. i wont go to the movie if hes in it

Karan
Recruit

Post by Karan » Sat May 03, 2003 12:42 pm

yeah the guy is so immature even in real life.look at all his interviews....it would be ur worse nitemare coming true,if he was to be the lead actor :(

K.I.T.T
FLAG Assistant

Post by K.I.T.T » Sat May 03, 2003 1:23 pm

Zak from saved by the bell!!!!!! NOOOO god no.....that would be a bad thing...no no no....pure cheese

Nick

knightdriver
FLAG Assistant

Post by knightdriver » Sat May 03, 2003 1:42 pm

You may as well just have the old kid from the DELL commercials do it then. I could see him now....

"KITT, dude, you getting a DELL.....
Brian - Knightdriver.com

knightimmortal
FLAG Special Ops

Post by knightimmortal » Sat May 03, 2003 1:53 pm

knightdriver wrote:You may as well just have the old kid from the DELL commercials do it then. I could see him now....

"KITT, dude, you getting a DELL.....
Shhhh, the casting directors might hear you! ;)

KI