When NBC will tell us about sesoun 2???

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

When NBC will tell us about sesoun 2???

Post by Knight007 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:34 am

I have been looking around, and didnt find an answer, dows any body know when we can know if NBC decides to go for another season or not??
Is it before the end of the first season or after that???? :kitt: :kittside:

devox
Volunteer

Re: When NBC will tell us about sesoun 2???

Post by devox » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:50 am

i think they tell us after that.will see :)

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:01 am

I think by March or so most shows have gotten the green light or given the boot.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:59 am

Most likely when the Fall Slate comes out in March/April. IMO NBC appears to be following the same pattern as they did with Bionic Woman. They aren't going to come out and confirm a status on the series. Rather its fate will be known when they announce the Fall lineup.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:56 am

ok, and if they decide in the fall, then what?
the writers will start writing new episods? or they would know -before its known to the puplic- and have somethings ready by then?
I am sorry, I may be asking known information for some people. but for me, I am not living in the states and I dont know the system :kitt:

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:01 am

We should know something around the time of the last two episodes but they may keep it silent until after the last episode to keep everyone watching.

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:02 am

Mr.Marcus wrote:Most likely when the Fall Slate comes out in March/April. IMO NBC appears to be following the same pattern as they did with Bionic Woman. They aren't going to come out and confirm a status on the series. Rather its fate will be known when they announce the Fall lineup.
I agree. NBC isn't doing much to promote the series at all, and I think they won't do much to call attention to its cancellation, if that's what the case turns out to be.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

around2k
Stranger

Post by around2k » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:49 am

I have a feeling, call it a hunch, based on nothing but pure feeling. I don't think they are going to cancel the show. I think we all are, for the most part, drawing the logic for cancellation from what happened with Bionic Woman. It was always my understanding though, that the big problem with Bionic Woman was the writers strike. I think, had the strike not happened, Bionic woman would have at least finished out the season. Maybe it would still be on now. From the episodes I caught, it was pretty good. Maybe I'm just being hopeful, but I can't see NBC just letting a huge property like Knight Rider die off... You can cite the economy as a reason, but people need a form of escape and those who are down and out like to see justice served to the bad guys by a hero. Just an observation..
J

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Bionic Woman was canceled for a few reasons including the writer's strike. First and foremost, the show was very expensive even though it was shot in Canada. Second, the ratings declined steadily from the pilot at 14 million viewers to the point where the show was about where Knight Rider is right now with estimated viewing pegged around six million or so. Given the decline and expense, the network couldn't justify continuing the show with interest rapidly dropping. Third, the writer's strike destroyed any remaining hope of finishing the first season production which ended at 8 completed episodes. Knight Rider's situation may be a little different but they are in the same boat. All we can do is watch the remaining episodes and do whatever we can to get other people to do the same.

DavidKnight
Rookie

Post by DavidKnight » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:15 pm

Did Bionic Woman had a reboot like KR did?

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:32 pm

no it did not...it got cancelled after the first 8 eps
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:19 pm

DavidKnight wrote:Did Bionic Woman had a reboot like KR did?
KR did not have a reboot

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:51 pm

I think we'll know in Fall. If it doen't show then we know it's been canned:( I hope that's not the case though

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:23 am

DrWho2005 wrote:
KR did not have a reboot
DrWho I don't know where you got confused but KR JUST had a reboot. With the three episodes befor Exit Light, Enter Knight to make the series more focused on Mike like TOS and getting away from the team being controlled by the government which included killing off/injuring to extent of no future field work of three main characters.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:18 am

DrWho2005 wrote:
KR did not have a reboot
Eh!? Yes it did, or have you not been watching the last few episodes? Ok so its been referred to as a 're-tooling', 'reboot' and 'evolving' but essentially 'Davidknight' was asking a valid question.

I think one major point people are missing is this major backing from Ford. I'm sure they don't want to see KR vanish from our screens - I don't have access to any official results, but I am willing to bet KR has helped shift a whole stack of Black GT 500 KR's.

Fords $$$ might be all NBC need to help push them towards season 2, add to that the ratings and fanbase are picking up now that the 'iffy' earlier episodes are starting to be forgotten.

Only time will tell, but I dont expect to hear any official news for a few months, and even then it will probably be a low key announcement.

Another question worth considering, does anyone know how the cast/crew feel about the show. Its one thing us all wanting it back, but what if half the cast are looking to move on?
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:18 am

The doc's right, there hasn't been an actual reboot. A reboot is a clean slate; you throw everything away and start fresh. Thompson used the term, falsely, when he first talked about this new direction, but it's not really a reboot. "Retool" is a better fitting term.

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:04 am

NeoRanger wrote:The doc's right, there hasn't been an actual reboot. A reboot is a clean slate; you throw everything away and start fresh. Thompson used the term, falsely, when he first talked about this new direction, but it's not really a reboot. "Retool" is a better fitting term.
Agreed. It's not a reboot and everyone that calls it so have obviously not watched the large spate of remakes and reboots that have been chewed out in the last few years. Because if anyone did, they would know what a reboot is. It's actually quite shocking that so many people on this forum don't know what a reboot is.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit

Post by chrisjones » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:06 am

Skav wrote:
NeoRanger wrote:The doc's right, there hasn't been an actual reboot. A reboot is a clean slate; you throw everything away and start fresh. Thompson used the term, falsely, when he first talked about this new direction, but it's not really a reboot. "Retool" is a better fitting term.
Agreed. It's not a reboot and everyone that calls it so have obviously not watched the large spate of remakes and reboots that have been chewed out in the last few years. Because if anyone did, they would know what a reboot is. It's actually quite shocking that so many people on this forum don't know what a reboot is.
Ok now were just splitting hairs - back on topic maybe? :good:
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:22 pm

Knight007 wrote:ok, and if they decide in the fall, then what?
the writers will start writing new episods? or they would know -before its known to the puplic- and have somethings ready by then?
I am sorry, I may be asking known information for some people. but for me, I am not living in the states and I dont know the system :kitt:
It would seem more often than not networks do not inform the writers / producers that their show is picked up before the public announcement at the up fronts in April / May.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:51 am

Sue wrote:
Knight007 wrote:ok, and if they decide in the fall, then what?
It would seem more often than not networks do not inform the writers / producers that their show is picked up before the public announcement at the up fronts in April / May.
OMG, We have to wait all this time!!!!!! God help us :kitt: