Live Discussion - Fight Knight

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Mathyus
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion - Fight Knight

Post by Mathyus » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:08 pm

I thought this one was very good. It had some TOS feel to it. I thought the transformation was needed for this, and it was not used to hide the car, but to get where KITT needed to go.
End of line program... -MCP-

KITT Season 4
Rookie

Post by KITT Season 4 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:08 pm

I liked the end, with "..worthless bag of..." KITT!!! and they way KITT deepned his voice.
I dont like the "back to the original" Ford f150

Igniitus
Stranger

Post by Igniitus » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:10 pm

It's good to see that William Daniels stopped by Kilmers trailer to smack some sarcasm into him. There's nothing better than a smart-ass automobile. :wink:

I'm hoping to see more of the old Kitt come out in the Kitt'Stang.

Overall, good episode, pacing was a bit slow, but overall a lot of the missing elements from past episodes were there. Give them a break with the truck... we can't see Ski Mode in every episode!

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:11 pm

Kinda looks like next week we are getting KITT Attack Mode and Truck again,..................but i dont care, just at least the episode is good.

I liked this episode............No horny Zoe and Billy........Sarah looking hot in reading classes, a truck doing a powerslide, KITT just been awesome and sexy looking..........and GUN action........what more could u ask? :-)
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:13 pm

I have nothing to do with kwsta20,but why the transformation:/ I bet we got alot of new viewers that got turned off by the transformation. there so dumb at nbc

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:13 pm

exactly its not like they are gonna use it every episode now jesus! we had enough of that with the first few episodes before the reboot! Im glad they used it only for a purpose and not just for seeing it!
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:15 pm

Mathyus wrote:I thought this one was very good. It had some TOS feel to it. I thought the transformation was needed for this, and it was not used to hide the car, but to get where KITT needed to go.
Me too it was pure TOS from beginning to end and as I've said before as long as they do not overdo it I do not mind the transformations and they did not overdo them at all they did them to suit the task needed at the moment which is what they are all about in the first place. 8) I loved how KITT began to take charge of the situation in many instances and how he pinned that crooked sheriff and then blocked the path of the villain that was notbing but TOS gold baby, a 9 out of 10 for this one! :good: :mrgreen: :good:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:19 pm

Who cares about the transformations!!! Its not like KITT is Attack Mode or F-150 for the whole episode. He was maybe the F-150 for a minute or two, not 40+ minutes.

a GT500KR wouldnt have any traction on a dirt road because of its horsepower and torque.

Just get over the transformations and just enjoy the episode. Looks like Attack Mode and F-150 are back next week, but i am not going to stop watchin it because of the transformation. Justin is becoming a good Michael Knight.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

kwsta20
Recruit

Post by kwsta20 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:22 pm

kitt: michal why i do keep transforming to a ford f1-50 pick up?

micheal: kitt, GST is a Douche!

_K3000_
Operative

Post by _K3000_ » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:27 pm

and i would like to point out that if anyone has noticed that the transformations are much more simpilar than they were in the past and they look much better good job MKVFX :) :good: and i agree with GT500KR i own one okay people i have tried to go fast on a dirt road and i almost crashed the damn thing going to fast. That just goes to show that the F150 transformation is necessary for this episode thank you!
"We Can Make A Difference" Help Support The Show

Bryan KITT Fan
Volunteer

Post by Bryan KITT Fan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:28 pm

Good episode. Nice and solid. Didn't set the world on fire, but it didn't have to.

Bottom line was I enjoyed it. And I can't say that for most other shows out there now.

Bryan KITT Fan
Volunteer

Post by Bryan KITT Fan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:29 pm

_K3000_ wrote:and i would like to point out that if anyone has noticed that the transformations are much more simpilar than they were in the past and they look much better good job MKVFX :) :good: and i agree with GT500KR i own one okay people i have tried to go fast on a dirt road and i almost crashed the damn thing going to fast. That just goes to show that the F150 transformation is necessary for this episode thank you!
+1

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:33 pm

Great episode. Regarding the transformations, they aren't going to go away so don't expect that to happen. The tie in is with Ford and they are going to feature a variety of their products on the show. It hasn't been that bad and the F-series truck shows up when its logically needed. For the most part the GT500KR is on screen.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:41 pm

Please keep the discussion on topic and civil. Derogatory name calling isn't welcomed.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:55 pm

neps wrote:Please keep the discussion on topic and civil. Derogatory name calling isn't welcomed.
I cannot believe that people even would resort to that since this episode was so good and basically pure TOS.
:o :? :o

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:56 pm

I liked tonights episode. It was it was old school Knight Rider style, crooked sheriff, helping a friend, and some cool fight action. Didn't care for the transformation, but I can live with it. I'm also glad that they're finally giving this car some character:)

I'm definitly looking forward to next week. :)

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:03 pm

next weeks teaser:

hd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1rRG4MfyZ8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

non-hd: http://knightrideronline.com/knight_rid ... by_knight/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LisaRosa
Recruit

Post by LisaRosa » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:04 pm

This episode was great! It does have a lot of the TOS elements that made the show. The one thing I'm very glad to see is a more independent Kitt when Mike needs help, etc. I love the wit that Kitt's developing too. That last comment from Kitt had me laughing. Justin seems a lot more relaxed in his roll too which makes his character even better.

I just don't see why a few people don't like the transformations. For me, they add to the show. Oh well, to each his own.

All in all, I'm impressed with the changes. :good:
Lisa :kittside:

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:24 pm

LisaRosa wrote:I just don't see why a few people don't like the transformations. For me, they add to the show. Oh well, to each his own.
It's not that I don't like the transformations, it's that I don't like the truck. I'm fine with K.I.T.T.'s morphing abilities and even Attack Mode (I also enjoyed Super Pursuit Mode in the original series). But that truck doing a pin down stunt like that shouldn't be. Minor nitpick, but it was during the episode climax.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:29 pm

Well, from what I was able to see, this ep is keeping with the TOS feel. Somewhat sad to have a Crooked sheriff, but that happens...
As for KITT *squeals* YES! He's getting a personality!! Thank god! I knew Val could pull it off!
And I noticed that in the "reboot" eps 'Day to Knight' for one: It was like they (SSC) had "dumbed down" KITT. I mean there was that scene in Day where it was like KITT froze on what to do before using the Voice Mod. Whereas in this ep, he was totally in charge! I really think that the SSC with all it's people where not allowing KITT to be the AI he (and we the viewers) knew he was capable of.

He was able to get Traceur out of being arrested and was very inventive! Like Justin, it's like they are allowing KITT to be more relaxed.
My husband was kinda iffy but oh well...

As for the Transformations: I agree with GT500KR: the new 'Stangs for all their looks and power are worthless on all terrain. So the F-150 was necessary. And yes, I don't like the transformations much either, but as long as it stays relevant; I can deal with it. This is a sequel after all. A continuation, not a remake. Which may be the cause for some the remakes to be less than stellar.
Either way I think KR08 is on its way to being a good show. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope this isn't too little, too late.
(sorry, but I have to be a realist, as well as idealist :P .)
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

KITTKARR85
Recruit

Post by KITTKARR85 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:04 pm

This episode once again hit the mark, classic KR action. Had the cruising scene with music, Mike and KI3T w/ the team at hq, KITT driving and helping out, harassment by the local law enforcement (happened almost in every small town in the OS), little touch of humor and please, feel free to add to this list.

Kind of surprised not to see turbo boost but this isn't the OS so we probably won't see it like we did every episode. Also, the transformation was great, he transformed into a truck for off terrain usage then when he was back on the road, back to the 'stang. More transformations like this, for purpose not just for scenery, would be fine as long as it's not overdone.

Overall, I think this is another great episode of the new series.

NBC, please give us some promos especially if ratings continue to improve like last week. :wink:

:skar:

Judd
Operative

Post by Judd » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:20 pm

I enjoyed the episode tonight. They touched on the idea of people being exploitated for those fighting videos. There was a point to the story but it wasn't heavy handed. The style and tone was very much like the original KR. I thought last week's episode was better but this one was good. I'm iffy on the truck transformations but I can live with it.

All in all not bad.

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:38 pm

ok u guys now that im over the transformation,this episode was really good story and all. and lots of classic kr in it. But why the tranformation into the truck,if kitt turns into a van again then thats pushing it. i duno:/ i love the reboot just hate the transforming. well lets hope are ratings went up tonite:) i just dont get the transforming maybe cuz of a contract with ford it just makes the show corny thats just my opinion.other then that great episode.

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:43 pm

Why the transformation into the truck? Because a Mustang can;t handle rugged terrain for crap. Reason #2 is product placement for Ford, but that's nothing new, and it's not jsut KR either - Ever taken a really close look at that movie I am Legend? It's practically a cross-breed between Resident Evil and a Ford commercial.
Lost Knight wrote:I can actually see this episode plot as something that would fit in the original series, like the episodes where Michael and K.I.T.T. had to enter a race to weed out a bad guy
Didn't KR08 do that too already?
kwsta20 wrote:kitt: michal why i do keep transforming to a ford f1-50 pick up?

micheal: kitt, GST is a Douche!
Didn't you say back on pg1 that you were outta here? Then why are you still posting...excuse me, trolling?

Haven't seen the episode yet, I missed it. But from the sound of it, it sounds like it's pretty good. Can't wait to watch it tomorrow.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

Faithful Car KRO
FLAG Recruit

Post by Faithful Car KRO » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:46 pm

kwsta25 wrote:ok u guys now that im over the transformation,this episode was really good story and all. and lots of classic kr in it. But why the tranformation into the truck,if kitt turns into a van again then thats pushing it. i duno:/ i love the reboot just hate the transforming. well lets hope are ratings went up tonite:) i just dont get the transforming maybe cuz of a contract with ford it just makes the show corny thats just my opinion.other then that great episode.
The original was corny. This show is corny.
Therefore, this show is keeping with knight rider tradition. :good:

Plus, the whole van scene in A Hard Day's Knight was awesome!!
"Michael, I agree with your earlier assessment, back-up plans suck."- KI3T
Put the word out!
WATCH THE SHOW!!!: Wed at 8:00pm on NBC.
Its getting better and gaining ratings, AWESOME!!