The KI3T Cobra

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Silvergt500
Volunteer

The KI3T Cobra

Post by Silvergt500 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:41 am

Does anybody else notice that when KI3T changes his cobra does too? it goes from a cobra to a king cobra

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Re: The KI3T Cobra

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:31 pm

Silvergt500 wrote:Does anybody else notice that when KI3T changes his cobra does too? it goes from a cobra to a king cobra
Yes I have, I have no problem with this either...

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:36 pm

Actually, if you look really carefully, you'll notice that they're not very consistent about that - sometimes it does change, but quite often it shows the regular Shelby Cobra logo instead.
Here's a couple of screencaps for example, taken from KRO, neither of which shows the changed logo:
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

TMSBrad
Volunteer
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by TMSBrad » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:07 pm

Here are some stills from the transformation as seen in the title sequence:

TMSBrad
Volunteer

Post by TMSBrad » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:09 pm

For what it's worth, this is the correct 2008-2009 Shelby GT500KR Badge:

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:06 pm

Maybe, if they decide to modify the cars, they'll put a custom logo on there - an updated Knight Industries logo (just the knight) inside the circular part would be pretty cool, and would do double duty as Ford's Mustang logo. I'd love for them to consider something like that.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:12 pm

During the Master Key chat a week ago they said that the transformation is from what is the Shelby logo IN THE SHOW into a Knight Industries logo. But they said that they did it more at the beginning of the series and that it hasn't been used as much in the recent past.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:51 pm

Only time I recall actually seeing the logo change was in the first episode.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:58 am

The official one looks really cool :kitt:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:10 am

lunchmeat wrote:Maybe, if they decide to modify the cars, they'll put a custom logo on there - an updated Knight Industries logo (just the knight) inside the circular part would be pretty cool, and would do double duty as Ford's Mustang logo. I'd love for them to consider something like that.
They shoulde use the one you made. Except that it's mine now. ^_^ JK about that last part.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:03 pm

t.b.77b wrote:During the Master Key chat a week ago they said that the transformation is from what is the Shelby logo IN THE SHOW into a Knight Industries logo. But they said that they did it more at the beginning of the series and that it hasn't been used as much in the recent past.
Y'know....you'd said that, and I still didn't make the connection until I saw the KR plate logo in another thread somewhere. I guess the Cobra has always been the Knight Research logo in this series.... (I think the chess piece might have been for Knight Industries? Is there a palpable difference?) ...but I never actually noticed it anywhere other than the car, so I never made the connection. I suppose it was maybe on the back of the computer monitors.....or did they make the connection in one of the first five episodes? I really never would have known if you hadn't said that and I hadn't seen the logo. And all this time, I've been saying "they need a logo, they need a logo" like a fool. :P

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:21 pm

I've never seen the Knight Rider cobra beyond the first episode. They really wanted that to be an icon....the basketball court had (the snake) painted on the wall too. I'm relieved they haven't stuck with the transformation of the logo on KITT. All we see of with the snake is during the intro now.....that's good enough, but I'd rather they never show it again.

All Attack KITTs for the show do not have this Knight Rider snake, but the Shelby cobra.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:09 am

Yeah, I never realized it. I wonder if others have? If the general populace of Knight Rider viewers weren't aware of the logo, like me, perhaps in the second season, they can change the logo to reflect the new ownership of FLAG. A logo change would make sense if the government was no longer involved.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:20 am

lunchmeat wrote:Yeah, I never realized it. I wonder if others have? If the general populace of Knight Rider viewers weren't aware of the logo, like me, perhaps in the second season, they can change the logo to reflect the new ownership of FLAG. A logo change would make sense if the government was no longer involved.
I hope we can get a second season to see the change Image :kitt: