Why Tores didnt take KITT's memory??

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Why Tores didnt take KITT's memory??

Post by Knight007 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:10 am

I just thought of something, and I dont know if it has been mentioned before or not.

Remember in the Halloween episod, we have been told that a girl took some genetic treatment to look like zoey (hope I got the name right) so she can have a copy of KITT's memory and files, which is supposed to be placed in KARR.
And We have seen Tores doing all that police work in order to find out who did this and why.

later on, in the KARR episod, we find out that Tores was a part of the KARR program and he talked many times to Dr. Graiman in order to restore the KARR program. and Dr. Graiman said no.
and After the death of Dr. Graiman, Tores removed the chip from KITT and placed into KARR.

Now, if Tores wanted to do this all along, wouldn't be easier for him to copy those file from his computer (because he is the manager so he will be having the right to access those file) and take it with him -with out any one noticing- to KARR???
I mean why go through all that trouble of having a zoey look-a- like and then (when id doesnt work out) wait for Graiman's death????

What you think? Does it make any sense or I am just dreaming? :kitt: :karr:

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Re: Why Tores didnt take KITT's memory??

Post by NeoRanger » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:27 am

I don't think it was ever established that the double-agent was affiliated with Torres (who was, after all, working for the government). I think she was member of a terrorist organization that wanted to get their hands on the tech.

Or am I missing something?

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:43 am

You know, they never really explained who she was, or how she knew about KARR. It's just like the missile in the first episode. >_<

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:55 am

The fake Zoe and Torres were both working for the same group of shady government folks but Torres was more of a moderate and was working with Graiman to really build a better KARR as he knew firsthand how dangerous KARR was. The fake Zoe was sent because things were moving along too slowly with KITT and of course Graiman didn't want to help bring the original KARR vehicle back online so they had the fake Zoe go in and get the files from KITT which would help rebuild KARR. Torres pocketed the drive at the end so I can only assume that the files made their way to the people rebuilding KARR but with the writers and producers flip-flopping the storyline around so much, it's hard to say what really originally happened with the KARR vehicle and it's eventual return.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:01 am

Lexicon wrote:The fake Zoe and Torres were both working for the same group of shady government folks but Torres was more of a moderate and was working with Graiman to really build a better KARR as he knew firsthand how dangerous KARR was. The fake Zoe was sent because things were moving along too slowly with KITT and of course Graiman didn't want to help bring the original KARR vehicle back online so they had the fake Zoe go in and get the files from KITT which would help rebuild KARR. Torres pocketed the drive at the end so I can only assume that the files made their way to the people rebuilding KARR but with the writers and producers flip-flopping the storyline around so much, it's hard to say what really originally happened with the KARR vehicle and it's eventual return.
Man, why can't they be consistent with their storyline. I feel like I need a road map now.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:10 am

They had a clear idea of the KARR and Mike story when they went in (as far as the basics of it go) but it seems to have gotten buried within the retooling and the character drama of general plot within each episode. The fact that the producers (at the behest of the Network) switched episode ordering and tried to shoehorn a bit of KARR story into places where it wasn't originally didn't help much. With a show like this, you really want to plan every story out ahead of time and things should have a logical effect after they happen. That's why GST's terrorist-of-the-week routine doesn't work well. There's no real character growth nor is there a constant threat that you can put a name and face to. The KARR story elements gave us a bit of that though it was pulled off horribly in the end.

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:20 pm

I really don't remember any of that. I always assumed that Zoe's double was from the same agency (read: terrorist organization) as Mike's ex in the first episode.

I'll have to rewatch the show from the beginning, I guess.

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:55 pm

The best I can come up with is that, they had the data that was copied, but could not use that data without the AI itself. So they needed both the chip and the copied data to reactivate KARR.
It's half-assed at best, but that's what half-assed writing gets you.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:37 pm

Well, I thought Torres took KI3T's AI chip, and he downloaded his files onto the internet. Now was this a backup file, or is KI3T's original AI in the hands of the government? remember, KI3T said he was missing something, so maybe that's in his original AI?
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:26 pm

Well, the big problems with the whole KARR reactivation plotline are the following...

1. KITT and KARR are two distinctly different AI entities. Removing KITT's AI chip (which apparently contains everything that is KITT) and putting it in KARR would only result in KITT being reactivated in KARR's shell. The real question here is just what did they need KITT's AI chip for? Graiman's dialog implied that they were going to somehow merge KITT's AI with KARR's AI yet the actions of Torres and the way the episode was outlined implied that KITT was going to be plunked into KARR as I outlined above. Makes little sense to me.

2. In the previous episode, there was a bit between Billy and Zoe where Zoe said that she overheard Torres saying that "KARR lives!". That implies that KARR is functional, at least on a basic level, so we can assume that those files helped them reactivate KARR. If Billy can put together a suitable replacement for KITT's removed chip, then it's logical to assume that the government group can certainly do the same if not significantly better given their funding.

3. We don't know precisely (and the writers don't seem to know either) what exactly happened with KARR other than he went bonkers after programming himself and he killed at least several people. We don't know what precipitated that or have any idea as to the evolution of KARR apart from his being the first of the new generation of Knight Industries AI controlled vehicles.

4. KITT should still exist inside the original AI chip unless the government folks replaced his AI with KARR's. So confusing!

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:40 pm

^^ Actually it was made pretty clear that they were going to use a very particular segment of KITT for KARR. They essentially used KITT as a means to develop and test that aspect of the AI that would prevent it from going rogue, like KARR had. But instead of running this kind of thing on KARR himself, they did it with KITT. Then, if the project was a success, they'd deactivate him and "fix" KARR's faulty programming. Unless I remember something wrong.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:26 pm

Lexicon wrote:Well, the big problems with the whole KARR reactivation plotline are the following...

1. KITT and KARR are two distinctly different AI entities. Removing KITT's AI chip (which apparently contains everything that is KITT) and putting it in KARR would only result in KITT being reactivated in KARR's shell. The real question here is just what did they need KITT's AI chip for? Graiman's dialog implied that they were going to somehow merge KITT's AI with KARR's AI yet the actions of Torres and the way the episode was outlined implied that KITT was going to be plunked into KARR as I outlined above. Makes little sense to me.
KI3T's chip would be a control chip - but they were going to use elements of KI3T's programming, and his applications, in KARR. Remember, Torres said "Kitt isn't plug and play, we've got to have development time" or something like that. If I remember correctly, it took around 6 hours for everything to sync correctly.

From a computer standpoint, KARR would be the primary AI controller, accessing KI3T's programming and functions when needed. KI3T's personality wouldn't exist within KARR.
2. In the previous episode, there was a bit between Billy and Zoe where Zoe said that she overheard Torres saying that "KARR lives!". That implies that KARR is functional, at least on a basic level, so we can assume that those files helped them reactivate KARR. If Billy can put together a suitable replacement for KITT's removed chip, then it's logical to assume that the government group can certainly do the same if not significantly better given their funding.
"KARR lives" was referring to the project, not necessarily the entity. The project was still alive, and the prototype wasn't dismantled.

KI3T was a Graiman creation - the government didn't have the specs for KI3T's chip or AI, which is why they didn't fabricate one. Billy had the specs (and apparently the parts) needed to create a new one. How he got the parts necessary, I have no idea (I don't think CompUSA sells AI chips). :-\
3. We don't know precisely (and the writers don't seem to know either) what exactly happened with KARR other than he went bonkers after programming himself and he killed at least several people. We don't know what precipitated that or have any idea as to the evolution of KARR apart from his being the first of the new generation of Knight Industries AI controlled vehicles.
I think that was supposed to be explored in Mike's backstory....but we'll probably never see that. He apparently killed because he was unable to distinguish between humans and targets, or something like that - that could be for any reason. I just chalked it up to faulty AI. As to what happened after the killings, I'm sure he was deactivated. I doubt the government would let him hang out at any coffee shops or anything. :P
4. KITT should still exist inside the original AI chip unless the government folks replaced his AI with KARR's. So confusing!
They did. KI3T's programming and everything is on the chip - all of his data - but KARR's AI is using it. Think of dual-booting a system with multiple hard drives. One can have Windows and the other might have Linux. You only use one operating system at a time, but the operating system sees the data on both drives and can use it. Made sense to me, anyway (although I doubt that in practicality, it's really not all that simple). :P
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:36 am

lunchmeat wrote:
Lexicon wrote:Well, the big problems with the whole KARR reactivation plotline are the following...

KI3T's chip would be a control chip - but they were going to use elements of KI3T's programming, and his applications, in KARR. Remember, Torres said "Kitt isn't plug and play, we've got to have development time" or something like that. If I remember correctly, it took around 6 hours for everything to sync correctly.

From a computer standpoint, KARR would be the primary AI controller, accessing KI3T's programming and functions when needed. KI3T's personality wouldn't exist within KARR.
"KARR lives" was referring to the project, not necessarily the entity. The project was still alive, and the prototype wasn't dismantled.

KI3T was a Graiman creation - the government didn't have the specs for KI3T's chip or AI, which is why they didn't fabricate one. Billy had the specs (and apparently the parts) needed to create a new one. How he got the parts necessary, I have no idea (I don't think CompUSA sells AI chips). :-\
I think that was supposed to be explored in Mike's backstory....but we'll probably never see that. He apparently killed because he was unable to distinguish between humans and targets, or something like that - that could be for any reason. I just chalked it up to faulty AI. As to what happened after the killings, I'm sure he was deactivated. I doubt the government would let him hang out at any coffee shops or anything. :P
They did. KI3T's programming and everything is on the chip - all of his data - but KARR's AI is using it. Think of dual-booting a system with multiple hard drives. One can have Windows and the other might have Linux. You only use one operating system at a time, but the operating system sees the data on both drives and can use it. Made sense to me, anyway (although I doubt that in practicality, it's really not all that simple). :P
I appreciate all the explaination you guys did, it sure filled some of the gaps I had. But I think my question stays unanswered, my didnt Tores take a copy of the files and a copy of the AI chip for that matter and have done with?? :kitt:

taoworm2323
FLAG Assistant

Post by taoworm2323 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:54 am

Why did KITT say he felt like a file was missing? Like a piece of him was gone?
And yet billy got the only missing file out of the kids xbox.
Did that make sense to anybody? :?: :?: :|
"Don't tell me what I can't do!" ---John Locke

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:35 am

taoworm2323 wrote:Why did KITT say he felt like a file was missing? Like a piece of him was gone?
ok, I think I can answer this by asking another question.
In the KARR episod, to which you are referring, When Michel asked KITT how it will take to be able to transforme, KITT answere: I dont know as the calculation application -or something like that- yet to be downloaded.
Just before this conversation happening, KITT was fully reboted!!

So how is Fully reboted, and -as you said- billy got all the files of KITT, yet it still missing the calculation programe?
what you think??? isnt this mind blowing???? :kitt:

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:23 am

Knight007 wrote:
taoworm2323 wrote:Why did KITT say he felt like a file was missing? Like a piece of him was gone?
ok, I think I can answer this by asking another question.
In the KARR episod, to which you are referring, When Michel asked KITT how it will take to be able to transforme, KITT answere: I dont know as the calculation application -or something like that- yet to be downloaded.
Just before this conversation happening, KITT was fully reboted!!

So how is Fully reboted, and -as you said- billy got all the files of KITT, yet it still missing the calculation programe?
what you think??? isnt this mind blowing???? :kitt:
I still go with my original theory. KITT didn't have enough time to upload everything on the net, so he had to ditch some stuff.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:51 pm

I think Billy meant, of the files KITT uploaded, one is now showing as having been downloaded. I don't think Billy had a list of what KITT's files should be to know more than that. That's my guess.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.