Should have KARR stayed in car mode more?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knight56
Rookie

Should have KARR stayed in car mode more?

Post by knight56 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:35 am

In Knight to King's Pawn episode should have KARR stayed in car mode to see what it would look like to see him face to face with KITT? I would have love to see more of that and a maybe 1 or 2 mins of chase scene and not so much of the robot. What do you think? I like the show but to much CGI stuff is not a good thing. Keep it real.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Re: Should have KARR stayed in car mode more?

Post by GT500KR » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:51 am

Could of Would of Should of, its not going to change a thing, the episode has past.

Yea KARR could of stayed in car mode but the halloween episode showed him that he can transform, so keeping him in car mode for last week would be pointless in my opinion
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Garthe Knight
FLAG Recruit

Post by Garthe Knight » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:35 am

Yeah, absolutely. I am no fan of the whole transformation stuff.

Now we had two episodes without KITT transforming, and that's because KITT is cooler than ever.

KARR would have been best as a Mustang, too. This would have been best to even the chances between KITT and KARR and would have been an even more exciting fight.

But the decision to give KARR a robot form was made earlier, so it was the logical consequence. I just think the decision was wrong.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:37 am

Of course. They screwed the pooch on KARR anyway you look at it. Unless your opinion on KARR is that he should be a throwaway token villain, in that case their take on KARR was right up your alley.

Amir
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Amir » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:42 am

I didn't have a problem with KARR the robot. I think they probably felt they needed to freshen things up, and not do another 'car vs car' like the original series had, but it probably all comes down to how condensed that whole episode felt. Had it been a 100% KARR episode I'm sure we would have seen a lot more of him as a Mustang (hey, it's cheaper than robot VFX), with robot mode showing up late as the climax to the episode.

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:46 am

Should KARR even be talked about anymore? I say, not until more on Mike's tattoo is explained first. Other people have the same mark; and it's a brand new story to unfold in the world of Knight Rider. KARR is gone...let him be gone!

crashb648
Operative

Post by crashb648 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:01 pm

What REALLY anoyyed me about KARR in the episode, was that KARR was in the eiposide much, becuase of budget cuts etc. But the annoying thing is, when KARR is in his car mode, no (or very little) CGI is needed. So why could KITT AND KARR confront and talk to each other before they fought, just like KITT VS karr in the orignal series.

So to answer the question, KARR should of stayed in his car form for longer.
http://www.thetributepages.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Online Tribute Pages for Video Games, Movies and TV Shows. Including: Knight Rider and Knight Rider: The Game!

Knightfan82
Rookie

Post by Knightfan82 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:24 pm

It wouldnt have mattered to me if KARR had been in car mode longer, But a different pant job would have been needed(EX Black and Silver) so there wouldnt be too much confusion about who was who (I know KITT and KARR's scanners are different but there should be more differences between them).

Knightfan82
Rookie

Post by Knightfan82 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:24 pm

Robot Mode was okay, But I had a hard time getting a clear look at it. Bad TV reception.

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:15 am

well that's a big "duh" for me. LOL
But the whole episode was on fast forward, so ....
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:30 am

not until more on Mike's tattoo is explained first.
I don't even think they will do a story about Mike's past.NBC vetoed it, and I'm sure they might veto it again. :| More KARR would be great though! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:39 am

Sky_Blue_Civic wrote:
not until more on Mike's tattoo is explained first.
I don't even think they will do a story about Mike's past.NBC vetoed it, and I'm sure they might veto it again. :| More KARR would be great though! :D
That means they'll never explained why and how that missile was targeting him in the first episode. I made a bet with the BF that they wouldn't. ^_^ It's time for me to collect.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:00 am

that would have been nice. I agree. but remember something, all of us said that the episod gave us the feeling that it was RUSHED!!!!!.
If they did have it as a 2-part, I think we would have seen more of KARR in Car mode.

Plus, the talking between KITT and KARR. but any way, this is the past. lets stay focuesd on the future and make sute the show continues. :kitt:

krfan613
Stranger

Post by krfan613 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:52 am

Did anyone catch the fact that KARR called Mike "Michael Knight"? Now how would KARR know that Mike Tracer, who was his original driver, was now Michael Knight? Of course unless KARR has been monitoring Mike's for some time...blah blah blah...

Also it was never really explained why it was so important that Mike and KARR "be together" as KARR kept saying during the battle...Does car need a driver to be fully functional? I guess these questions may never be answered.

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:26 am

Did anyone catch the fact that KARR called Mike "Michael Knight"? Now how would KARR know that Mike Tracer, who was his original driver, was now Michael Knight?
Since KARR was the the entire project's endgame, it's not a stretch to assume they've been updating KARR on everything that has been going on since Mike was recruited.

To answer the OP's question, probably not. If we get the chance to have KARR back, then I'd want him to not be a robot again, but for all intents and purposes of that particular storyline, it made sense.

transam82
Rookie

Post by transam82 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:50 am

I agree KARR should have been in car more mode, it was so cool KARR and KITT meeting each other and KARR introducing himself "I am KARR" but then he tranformed into robot mode, I was disappointed. Love how they made KARR's scanner sound, like the original KARR's scanner sound. Also with KARR knowing about "Micheal Knight" instead of "Mike Tracer", he could have been told, but maybe with KITT's updated AI chip installed in him, he was automatically updated on everything. That's why KARR felt KITT was a threat, because he knew what KITT was capable of.

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:30 am

Yeah agree we should have seen more of KARR as a car. But if u were KARR and u were going to fight your arch enemy would u stay in car mode? Probably not because transforming into a robot can do more damage to KI3T. As KARR thinks logically he did what he had to do (KILL KI2T as ASAP)

:kitt:
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

Kaine
FLAG Recruit

Post by Kaine » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:51 pm

i would have preferred KARR only being in car mode. but to be honest i don't like these transformations as a part of Knight Rider in generel.

ianruk
Rookie

Post by ianruk » Sun Feb 01, 2009 12:59 pm

Did anyone catch the fact that KARR called Mike "Michael Knight"? Now how would KARR know that Mike Tracer, who was his original driver, was now Michael Knight? Of course unless KARR has been monitoring Mike's for some time...blah blah blah...
the reason why he would know his name was michael knight is because of the fact they put KITTS chip into him which had all his memorys

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:00 pm

Kaine wrote:i would have preferred KARR only being in car mode. but to be honest i don't like these transformations as a part of Knight Rider in generel.
Agreed. The transformations are out of character for this show. Even the nanotech shell from the movie was a little out of character but its more plausible as being the next evolution of the MBS. The transformations were just completely out of place and nonsensical.

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:45 pm

I think if the fight was longer, alot of us could have dealt with the robot thing. They destroyed him so easy. In the original show,It took Micheal and KITT careful planning and strategy before defeating KARR. But none the less I still enjoyed the new episode.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:16 pm

Harry Singh Jr. wrote:I think if the fight was longer, alot of us could have dealt with the robot thing. They destroyed him so easy. In the original show,It took Micheal and KITT careful planning and strategy before defeating KARR. But none the less I still enjoyed the new episode.
I think we'd put up with anything so long as the story was solid. The thing this show has been lacking all this time was good storytelling. Its only with last week's episode did they get the story right and everything fell into place. It wasn't perfect but IMO it was the best episode so far of the series. Sadly, I think its too late and the general audience has since written this show off.

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:31 pm

ianruk wrote:
the reason why he would know his name was michael knight is because of the fact they put KITTS chip into him which had all his memorys
Thanks. I was about to say that! LOL
But I agree KARR wasn't much of a "villan" in this ep. Like TOS KARR MK & KITT had to work HARD to beat him
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:35 pm

FordFilly82 wrote:
ianruk wrote:
Thanks. I was about to say that! LOL
But I agree KARR wasn't much of a "villan" in this ep. Like TOS KARR MK & KITT had to work HARD to beat him
If our GOOD freinds in NBC decide to have another season of KR, we have the return of KARR and having more and bigger fight between the three of them :karr: :kitt:

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:51 pm

Instead of taking KI3T's AI (which resulted in them taking up valuable KITT and KARR time) they should have retrieved KARR's chip from wherever he was destroyed in TOS. This would have created a similar epiosde of trust doesn't rust which would have been wicked.
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”