For members in the uk who havnt been able to watch

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

alexknight
Volunteer

For members in the uk who havnt been able to watch

Post by alexknight » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:14 pm

Just wondered if there would be any interest in the fact that i have episodes 1-12 on dvd with 13-> to come for those people who have not been able to watch what i have come to realise as being on par if not better than the origional series although it lacks some things but excels in other parts email me alex.miles7@sky.com let me know

Just to clarify they are not pirate dvd`s they are recorded from the nbc channel and converted to pal and then re recorded onto dvd at high quality

even i was impressed at my own genius

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: For members in the uk who havnt been able to watch

Post by weeezl » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:42 pm

alexknight wrote:Just wondered if there would be any interest in the fact that i have episodes 1-12 on dvd with 13-> to come for those people who have not been able to watch what i have come to realise as being on par if not better than the origional series although it lacks some things but excels in other parts email me alex.miles7@sky.com let me know

Just to clarify they are not pirate dvd`s they are recorded from the nbc channel and converted to pal and then re recorded onto dvd at high quality

even i was impressed at my own genius
No offense mate but technically they are pirate dvd's since you've sourced the material yourself and made dvds that currently are'nt available in the UK yet. Publically advertising ways to see the show outside of the US is frowned upon here. :good:

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:01 pm

Just say bootleg simple but short and they are illegal in the United States as well. :twisted: :mrgreen:

keep up the good work dude!!!
Last edited by CJaguar442 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:11 pm

Right and while back in the day "tape trading" was rather popular with shows that were discontinued and had no real legitimate release, this isn't the same situation since this show is not only still on the air but likely going to released on DVD by this coming fall. Besides I'm sure that most people outside the US who want to watch the show have already done so in a way that's not all that different than this.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:20 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote: Besides I'm sure that most people outside the US who want to watch the show have already done so in a way that's not all that different than this.
I'm sure they have PZ, they just dont announce it on the forum. :good:

alexknight
Volunteer

Post by alexknight » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:25 pm

I was just saying as i want to spread the word of kr to people here in the uk i meant no offence and sorry if any was taken i shall not mention it any more consider my offer revoked

alexknight
Volunteer

Post by alexknight » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:29 pm

also in addition i came by these episodes by legal means and i am not selling my wears so technically i am not doing anything illeagal but hey the u.s alone cant save this show, however saying that from a uk point of view i think this show is absolutly amazing and will support anything to do with saving the show

once again i am sorry for any offense caused none was implied

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:44 pm

In what country is this illegal?
Ive not read any law that states this

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:57 pm

As much as it sucks, it's copyright infringement, even if you're doing it in a non-profit and it is a show broadcast over public airwaves. Not to mention the source of the episodes are likely something he himself did not record given his location.. It's one thing if you lend someone a recording but totally different when you're distributing copies to people. Even if the show was done and not going to be released on DVD/Blu-Ray. At best it's a gray area but not gray enough to let it pass through. Of course I'm not too sure about the UK laws but that doesn't matter since this is a US based site that we know NBCU watches.

The Netherlands is airing the new show apparently, if people in the UK really want it brought over then you guys must campaign and bug the hell out of your network(s) of choice in doing so. I'm sure that if there was a high demand over seas for the show it could help the show's chances of a second season also since that would mean more money for NBCU.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:07 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote: Of course I'm not too sure about the UK laws but that doesn't matter since this is a US based site that we know NBCU watches.

if people in the UK really want it brought over then you guys must campaign and bug the hell out of your network(s) of choice in doing so. I'm sure that if there was a high demand over seas for the show it could help the show's chances of a second season also since that would mean more money for NBCU.
Its illegal in UK too, infact ISP's are cracking down hard on people who view/share copyrighted content.

Regarding what you said about other countries campaigning/demanding it gets shown in their respective countries, its the best way forward. Interest shown outside of US can only be a good thing and increase the chances of NBC renewing the series.

davidknightrider
Rookie

Post by davidknightrider » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:39 pm

to be honest

screw UK television,

they haven't even bothered to show the Pilot yet on UK television, which is a joke, considering the pilot came out last year way back.

No problem for me though, I've got every episode and always get them straight after they are shown.

the wonders of the Internet!

The only stations in the UK that bother to treat their imported shows well are Channel 4 with Smallville, who are only a few weeks behind the US in terms of the current season.

And BBC with Heroes.

Other than, the rest of the stations suck.

If you can't be bothered to download, just watch streaming for free, its better than nothing i say.

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:15 pm

davidknightrider wrote:to be honest

screw UK television,

they haven't even bothered to show the Pilot yet on UK television, which is a joke, considering the pilot came out last year way back.

No problem for me though, I've got every episode and always get them straight after they are shown.

the wonders of the Internet!

The only stations in the UK that bother to treat their imported shows well are Channel 4 with Smallville, who are only a few weeks behind the US in terms of the current season.

And BBC with Heroes.

Other than, the rest of the stations suck.

If you can't be bothered to download, just watch streaming for free, its better than nothing i say.
right on its only illegal if you get caught lol
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Sat Jan 31, 2009 7:20 pm

Sorry folks,

This discussion stops here, as we don’t allow illegal methods for obtaining the show to be promoted publicly.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?