Live Discussion - Exit Light, Enter Knight

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Re: Live Discussion - Exit Light, Enter Knight

Post by K.A.C.I. » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:17 pm

NeoRanger wrote:What strikes me as odd, though, was that they let a civilian drive up and down anywhere near the bank, in the middle of a hostage situation.
While they may have wondered initially why "this guy in the Mustang", as it would've looked to them, was driving around, I don't think they gave a *?$# much once they realized the sucker was completely bulletproof and intentionally providing them with cover. :good: :P :kitt:
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Lynda414 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:06 pm

K.A.C.I. wrote:
NeoRanger wrote:What strikes me as odd, though, was that they let a civilian drive up and down anywhere near the bank, in the middle of a hostage situation.
While they may have wondered initially why "this guy in the Mustang", as it would've looked to them, was driving around, I don't think they gave a *?$# much once they realized the sucker was completely bulletproof and intentionally providing them with cover. :good: :P :kitt:
Agreed!

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:45 pm

Yeah, but still. Would you expect the special police force to allow a civilian so close to the bank (especially after it was revealed that the bank was rigged with explosives), without at least question why he's there? It's not anything that ruined the episode for me, it just struck as kind of odd.

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:01 pm

Did they have any way of know that it wasn't one of the bad guys vehicles?

Also they didn't really have time to stop it.. or any way to.

It was pretty unrealistic that they didn't have the streets closed off though.

That whole scene could actually have been better if they had made it more realistic and had police vehicles closing off the surrounding roads, that way Kitt would have had to turbo boost over them to get to the bank ;)
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:06 pm

K.A.C.I. wrote:
Plus it saved a Police officer and child :D

jshorva65
Recruit

Post by jshorva65 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:28 pm

NeoRanger wrote:Yeah, but still. Would you expect the special police force to allow a civilian so close to the bank (especially after it was revealed that the bank was rigged with explosives), without at least question why he's there? It's not anything that ruined the episode for me, it just struck as kind of odd.
I get the impression that the Police and SWAT saw Mike get out of the Mustang and remembered KITT as his car after he identified himself as an "undercover DEA agent" so it was probably assumed by them that his partner was in the car and helping by using the bulletproof car to provide cover and rescue for them.

knightprobe89
FLAG Recruit

Post by knightprobe89 » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:21 am

overall it was a pretty good episode, i thought it was kind of strange that the nurses at the hospital didn't have a reaction to a driverless car, also i didn't like the tint on kitts windows it made me think that they had someone driving the car as opposed to using the remote control car, i also thought it was strange that the police would just let kitt drive up during a hostage situation. it would have been cool if kitt could have turbo boosted into the bank to save the day but unfortunately that didn't happen.
in glen larson we trust.

KRShelby
Rookie

Post by KRShelby » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:14 am

jshorva65 wrote: get the impression that the Police and SWAT saw Mike get out of the Mustang and remembered KITT as his car after he identified himself as an "undercover DEA agent" so it was probably assumed by them that his partner was in the car and helping by using the bulletproof car to provide cover and rescue for them.
I agree with shorva's theory.
I could sit here and nitpick little details but..really, all it'll do is subtract myu enjoyment out of this otherwise amazing episode.

I too thought about it...but hey, maybe that cop remembered the DEA agent.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:25 am

BobbyYoung82 wrote:Many of you comment on less T&A which is rediculous, because you dont mind at all that this show revolves around VIOLENCE. You will let your kids watch people get shot, but not make out or roll around in bed under the covers.. WOW haha.. just thought it was funny. In TOS Micheal was kissing every girl he met damn near. Sexual things were implied in many episodes.
That's different from watching Mike and Sarah in a grinding sex scene and you know it.

The difference between T&A an violence is that the violence serves a purpose, it demonstrates why the bad people are in fact bad. If you had no violence or no threat of violence there would be no tv show, if you had no t&a it wouldn't really have any affect on the show, and would in fact allow time for more important/interesting things.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:37 am

jshorva65 wrote:
NeoRanger wrote:Yeah, but still. Would you expect the special police force to allow a civilian so close to the bank (especially after it was revealed that the bank was rigged with explosives), without at least question why he's there? It's not anything that ruined the episode for me, it just struck as kind of odd.
I get the impression that the Police and SWAT saw Mike get out of the Mustang and remembered KITT as his car after he identified himself as an "undercover DEA agent" so it was probably assumed by them that his partner was in the car and helping by using the bulletproof car to provide cover and rescue for them.
That... makes sense. I didn't even remember he identified himself as undercover DEA. I could go ahead and nitpick that nobody went into the trouble of verifying it afterwards, but that would make me an ass :p Good catch.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:41 pm

jshorva65 wrote:I get the impression that the Police and SWAT saw Mike get out of the Mustang and remembered KITT as his car after he identified himself as an "undercover DEA agent" so it was probably assumed by them that his partner was in the car and helping by using the bulletproof car to provide cover and rescue for them.
I agree with this theory it is logical and in that situation I think the cops would be using any help that they could get with who knows how many hostages and armed robbers. They probably wouldn't even be paying attention to the driver of the car. But who knows.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

KAISER
Volunteer

Post by KAISER » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:04 pm

I think this episode was good. The plot are more simple than before, and I loved to see KI3T with a little girl inside him while assisting Knight at the same time :)

Please keep all the good things, writers!
I am the Knight Artificial Intelligence for Stealth Espionage Rover. KAISER, if you prefer.

DeeKnight
Operative

Post by DeeKnight » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:44 pm

The last 3 episodes have been great,really hope it goes to a second season. And FINALLY makes it across here!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:17 am

I was kind of hoping for something in this last episode where after KITT didn't react at all to the robbers running around and shooting up the place or any and where KITT could have easily stopped them and should have even noticed them before we actually saw the bad guys. Maybe by Mike in a similar way as he called KITT on not seeing the motorcycle cop in episode 11, I think he should have here too as KITT is still way too uhh, reactive (?) instead of being proactive in that he needs to be told to do something before doing it for the most part. Even though he plotted his own intercept at the end of it, he could have plotted his own intercept from the start since there was ample opportunity to stop those guys. O_o Granted it would have made for a very short episode bit the scene probably could have been written differently. Sure even in the original series KITT wasn't exactly all seeing all the time and really only while in Surveillance Mode generally and didn't always jump to react but it seems like that is something the new KITT would, could and should be in at all times given the advancements that would occur over 26+ years. There's spots of that where the new KITT acts on his own (such as the bomb smothering thing and in this episode's end), but it's another thing they need to be more consistent with.

This episode was by no means perfect due to little things like a acid that could eat through a floor but not a plastic, hydrogen peroxide looking bottle that it's held in? Maybe they could have given some BS explanation that the "acid" was inert until the laser light hit it and caused a reaction. Sure it's a little thing but those little inconsistencies can add up and have a snowballing effect and impact a story if you put even a small amount of thought behind what you're watching. Also, who would keep a loaded gun in a safety deposit box? Why would someone keep a loaded gun in a safety deposit box? If someone breaks into their home are they going to drive to that bank and take it out? O_o Paying attention to details is important, especially now that we can see pretty much everything and pause to crystal clear or close to it, frame by frame shots. You can't get away with nothing these days.

Anyway, this was a good episode but they are still "borrowing" way too much from movies instead of coming up with ideas that don't seem so rehashed but it was enjoyable even with the . I'd give it a 6.5/10. I liked the opening, I liked the kid thing (though it did bug me that no one seemed to ask about her father and what he did or even look him up) and the Billy interaction with her. She was much better than the "11 year old" from the prior episode, I share the sentiments of how absolutely no one reacting to either a eight year old (or however old she was) driving a car or even the car driving away by itself, nor did anyone react to the car getting shot at and causing no damage. I liked Mike getting hit constantly, including the "you're going to hit me again when I tell you" exchange. The ending again felt too short and left me wondering how Sarah, Billy and Zoe got there when just minutes before they were at what's left of the SSC, there was no impression of how much time passed but it couldn't have been that much. I'm not sure how I feel about the explosion effect since I don't know what the goals of it were but it didn't come across as all that powerful. I'm glad we got an explanation, even if it was obvious of why the robbers acted how they did and I guess the explosion would probably have been a distraction in preventing the cops to find the tunnel and following them. It would have been nice though to explain the tunnel under the bank a bit, did the bad guys make it while in preparation of their get away or was it something that was always there? Did I miss something?

I gotta give props to Justin busting his uhh, shoulder during this episode, he did a really good job and really can take a hit. :lol: Next week is going to be full of them! I could go on more so with what I liked (there's plenty) and didn't like (still a few things) but it's after 4am now and I need sleep. Thankfully though this episode didn't annoy or anger me in the way episode 12 did or Knight of the Living Dead did before it. Though for obvious reasons, heh.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:03 am

There's a bit where they talked about the tunnels. I'd need to rewatch it, but I'm pretty sure they explained what that tunnel was.
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:50 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Why would someone keep a loaded gun in a safety deposit box?
Maybe someone else was planning to rob the bank 8)

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:00 am

cloudkitt wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:Why would someone keep a loaded gun in a safety deposit box?
Maybe someone else was planning to rob the bank 8)
People keep some pretty strange things in safety deposit boxes. The gun looked like something collectible. It being loaded makes sense to me too. But that could just be me.

ShadowRider
Recruit

Post by ShadowRider » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:05 am

Must bring in my two cents. This is the first time I post about the new Knight Rider. I've already gotten used to the idea that KITT is a Mustang :)

Like the most, I loved this episode. A good Knight Rider feel to it, like TOS (ok it might seem as I'm re-iterating things here, but well, this thread was 7 pages long when I first found it.) Missed´the usage of theme music when KITT drove to the hospital, had to watch that scene again. Cool, TOS did that very often, I recall the composer dude telling in the DVD-interviews that he deliberately inserted that tune into everything.

I must agree to what someone said here that now it felt like KITT was its own character, though he didn't act on his own save in the ending where he took off tracing the cell phone's signal (or was he told to fo so, don't remember). And yeah, it lacked a car chase (sooo Knight Rider) in the end but probably they ran out of time (though I think that such a chase would've been a must, rather take away from something else to insert atleast a short car chase).

The thing with KITT driving his windows tinted didn't bother me at all for obvious reasons: not making himself stick out. But have to ask, are that black tinted windows legal in US? Since in Finland they're not, save for the rear back windows and the rear window, but the front side window and the windscreen can be only like 10 % or so tinted because the visibility, so driving with that much tinted front windows in here would've gotten you pulled over.

One thing about the sleeping though, why did Mike sleep in the passenger seat? In TOS Michael always slept in the driver's seat. It was actually cooler.
Mr.Marcus wrote: I'm still not thrilled about the I'm a girl, I can do what you can do better attitude that permeates the show.
I totally agree. Zoe's character is annoyingly arrogant that way. Like what is she 12 ?!

But great episode ! I hope they do give us a 2nd season.

Oh, and have David Hasselhoff return being "Devon". That would be so cool. And I think even the mention that The Hoff is in the show would promote it !

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:29 am

People keep some pretty strange things in safety deposit boxes. The gun looked like something collectible. It being loaded makes sense to me too. But that could just be me.
Same here. I like guns, but if I had one, I wouldn't keep it around the house. I'd probably shove it in a deposit box myself, especially if it was a collector's item. It being loaded is a little more iffy, but not strange enough to cause plausibility issues with the storytelling.
One thing about the sleeping though, why did Mike sleep in the passenger seat? In TOS Michael always slept in the driver's seat.
More space, I'd assume. It's uncomfortable enough sleeping in a car, curling up with the wheel sticking up against your ass must be pretty awkward :P

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:08 am

ShadowRider wrote:Oh, and have David Hasselhoff return being "Devon". That would be so cool. And I think even the mention that The Hoff is in the show would promote it !
That always summons someone on the boards to complain that we want a duplicate of the old show, but if that did happen (which I don't expect), it is the ONLY condition under which I'll think killing Charles was a good idea.

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:35 am

Did I see the new "black jacket" and also a continuity blooper in this episode??

Throughout the early part of the episode, Mike is only wearing a T Shirt but later in the vault he has a black jacket on but its not the same as the black armour that the bank robbers force him to wear later on, which is why i thought it might be 'the jacket..'

Anyone else see this??

pheonix_knight
FLAG Assistant

Post by pheonix_knight » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:45 pm

pheonix_knight wrote:Did I see the new "black jacket" and also a continuity blooper in this episode??

Throughout the early part of the episode, Mike is only wearing a T Shirt but later in the vault he has a black jacket on but its not the same as the black armour that the bank robbers force him to wear later on, which is why i thought it might be 'the jacket..'

Anyone else see this??
Ive just rewatched it and can elaborate on that further...

Its not quite a T shirt, more like a long T with a short T over it...

Mike IS using the jacket at the beginning of the episode as a cover whilst he is sleeping but he doesnt bring it out of the car when he stops for coffee and doesnt actually get back in the car at all...

Later when attourney is shot in the knee, Mike is wearing it and only for this scene... :shock:

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:23 pm

very good episode but the problem is....less car action..and more rambo action!!!no turbo boost..no ski mode!nothing...only beat em up rambo style!!!!i think they should think to get kitt more into the game!!until now they use him only as a cell phone on wheels!!!

CJaguar442
FLAG Assistant

Post by CJaguar442 » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:19 pm

The thing with KITT driving his windows tinted didn't bother me at all for obvious reasons: not making himself stick out. But have to ask, are that black tinted windows legal in US? Since in Finland they're not, save for the rear back windows and the rear window, but the front side window and the windscreen can be only like 10 % or so tinted because the visibility, so driving with that much tinted front windows in here would've gotten you pulled over.

In Massachusetts, its depeneds if you drive a Honda then you will most defenitly get pulled over or if drive a 1983 Pontiac Trans Am as long you dont listen to Reggae or hip hop and your not a drug dealer you should be fine. lol :mrgreen: :lol:
Mr.Marcus wrote: I'm still not thrilled about the I'm a girl, I can do what you can do better attitude that permeates the show.
I totally agree. Zoe's character is annoyingly arrogant that way. Like what is she 12 ?!

I also have to concur Zoe needs to die in the most painful way Imaginable!!

Oh, and have David Hasselhoff return being "Devon". That would be so cool. And I think even the mention that The Hoff is in the show would promote it !

one word Awesome!!!! :mrgreen: :good: :kitt:
Re-elect Mayor Goldie wilson, Progress is his middle name!
Save the Clocktower!
Go Boston Red Sox! Go Boston Bruins! Go Boston Celtics!
Go the distance and he will come!

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:28 pm

ShadowRider wrote:

But great episode ! I hope they do give us a 2nd season.

I don't mind the "I'm a girl I am better than you" attitude on other shows. The henpecked husband and self righteous wife provides comedic entertainment on shows like Everybody Loves Raymond, According to Jim, Still Standing, Yes Dear, etc. etc. And the male/female angst works on a show like Smallville which is targeted to men and women 18-49. But when GST admits KR is made for guys, I don't want to see that stuff. I want to see fast driving, things blowing up, Michael womanizing and getting a new girl every episode all wrapped up in a good story. Its not too much to ask. I just hate how shows today, even those supposedly targeted at a male audience, have to have a girl who unrealistically beats up 3 guys or a girl who needs to outdo the guys on the show. It just makes my eyes roll.