Ratings for "Exit Light, Enter Knight"

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Ratings for "Exit Light, Enter Knight"

Post by BlueChaos » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:49 pm

Holy......!!!

This is the first time we've passed the 6 million viewers mark since the Obamamercial. Hopefully the ratings and viewership will continue to climb and will reach 7 million viewers by the end of the first season. With NBC's lack of promotion and advertising, to be able to reach 7 million viewers by its own would be the proof of the fanbase's strength and should warrant NBC to grant it a second season.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:58 pm

ronni3 wrote:3.8 and 3.9...almost 4.0/6....this iis huge turnaround as compared to 3.2 and 3.4/5.....were back in business babay!......keep the ratings like this and hello second season!
Let's hope so! :good:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:55 pm

Hate to be the "Debbie Downer" but I think much of this improvement, while nice, is more so attributed to the only real thing KR had to go against being American Idol. The usual CBS comedies were absent and replaced with a news program with the ever so annoying Katie "Fecal Measurement" Couric that didn't attract the audience those shows do and a Lost rerun. On the bright side at least KR was above Univision's show as well as ABC.

It's nice that the show is back up over 6 million viewers (and higher demo ratings but still not great ratings) but unless those viewers liked what they saw and stick around or tell their friends and it grows then it doesn't really mean much, even worse is what might happened with CBS's regular shows come back with new episodes, it's going to really test just how good that rating really is. On the bright side, next week on CBS is a Criminal Minds rerun, ABC has another Lost rerun also. KR and AI are going to be the only new shows next week. Then again, Criminal Minds' new episodes seem to draw well over 10-13M viewers so hopefully on this night it'll only get a fraction of that for the rerun and KR's rating will at the very least, stay stable with over 6M viewers and the higher demo ratings..

If anything, it should show NBC at least a little bit that there are people who want to give the show more of a chance.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:17 am

Well! burst my bubble! LOL
No, really. I think what you said was true. Stay positive but realistic.
I hope the ratings continue to increase. KR08 is a nice slice of good old-fashioned American ideals. And now that we have a charismatic president, people (especially during these dark days of recession) will turn to more "hopeful" programming, which is what KR:TOS was about.

That fact that we *are* going up, albeit slow yet steady, shows signs of improvement.
I think GST got KR off on the wrong "wheels", but are fixing that. I remember thinking that for someone who said they watched the whole first season of TOS, how could he get his signals so mixed up!? lol
But I think he is really trying to make a turn a bout. Whether NBC likes it, remains to be scene.

I just hope I'm not involved in another "Roswell" or "Jerico". I hate putting a whole lot on the line for naught. lol
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:23 am

I agree that we didn't have as much competition but you also have to think of it this way. Since we didn't have as much competition we had more viewers who could see how good the show is and tune in next week. So maybe this "easy" week could help the future of the show.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:32 am

GO KI3T GO!The amount of viewers are climbing, and GST shouldn't let us down,either! :D
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:51 am

Man we are the most bipolar site on the net. We go from the show being canceled beyond a shadow of a doubt to on top of the world, lol.

Seriously though, I'm very glad to see it in second place, no matter how distant.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Fri Jan 30, 2009 7:29 am

I was right. Hard edged stories do work for the show in this day and age and the ratings reflected that. I am glad it's boosted in the ratings.

This may be a bit too much to ask for now but if it could equal the ratings for the Pilot then everyone could be darn sure it would get a second season.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Radicalas
Operative

Post by Radicalas » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:18 am

Skav wrote:I was right. Hard edged stories do work for the show in this day and age and the ratings reflected that. I am glad it's boosted in the ratings.

This may be a bit too much to ask for now but if it could equal the ratings for the Pilot then everyone could be darn sure it would get a second season.
reached. I would be happy with 8 millions.
I don't think we could reach 12,7 million viewers as Pilot have

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:08 am

Perfect news. you guys in NBC, are you listining?????? KR is a big show, give it a chance you shall c :kitt:

cazman101
Rookie

Post by cazman101 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:27 am

Lets all keep our fingers crossed that next weeks episode is as good the the show may keep some of the audience that tuned in for the last one. I'll say that its going to be a tough episode to top but it can be done and the show has proved it can deliver quality that everyone can enjoy not just the die-hard fans. Keep optimistic the outlook is bright.

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:17 pm

Well in spite of my silly rants in the past.. think back to Comic Con..
Gary Scott Thompson did say" give us time to get it right"

And I for one think now he has.

FordFilly82
Operative

Post by FordFilly82 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:01 pm

whet wrote:Well in spite of my silly rants in the past.. think back to Comic Con..
Gary Scott Thompson did say" give us time to get it right"

And I for one think now he has.
Yeah but giving a brand new technically uestablished show like KR08 "time to get it right" can prove disaterous..
If you can't get it right in the first season your odds of getting a second are slim.
BUT, I do think GST finally got his head out the sand and figured what it was/is about KR:TOS that has kept such a loyal fanbase for 26 years and continues to draw in new and younger fans, like me, into the fold.

As long as that woman heading NBC realizes she has a show that's as good or *better* than Heroes or Chuck, then KR has a bright future.
Efficient Morphing Mobile Autonomy
KITT: There are not enough hours in the day for me to list everything that confuses you.
Mike: Oh, snap!
Kitt: Yes, Micheal. Snap.

Petition #2507

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:15 am

Its great to hear that the ratings are going up. Im excited!!

On the note of a second season: I heard rumors that Heros was doing poorly, but they got picked up for a 3rd season! So I don't think that they SHOULD cancel. *knock wood*
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:11 am

I thought this WAS their third season :?
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:42 am

This is the third season, and coming in into the Fourth Volume.
Season 1 got one volume: Genesis. Season 2 got one volume: Generations.
Season 3 got two volumes: Villains and Fugitives.

So the fourth season will start with the Fifth Volume, kinda confusing isn't it?
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:49 am

It would be, if i actually watched the show... :D

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Final word from NBC on this weeks ratings:
* On Wednesday, "Knight Rider" raced to its best performance in 18-49 and total viewers since October, despite head-to-head competition from "American Idol." "Knight Rider" accelerated 27 percent in 18-49 and 26 percent in total viewers versus the prior week, and ranked #2 in its hour in adults 18-49, total viewers and other key measures, trailing only "Idol."

--

On Wednesday, Jan. 28 at 8 p.m. ET, "Knight Rider" (1.9/4 in 18-49, 6.2 million viewers overall) raced to its best finish in adults 18-49 and total viewers since October 22, despite competition from "American Idol." "Knight Rider" accelerated 27 percent in 18-49 rating (1.9 vs. 1.5) and 26 percent in total viewers (6.2 million vs. 4.9 million) versus the prior week.

"Knight Rider" ranked #2 in the hour in adults 18-49, total viewers and other key measures, trailing only "American Idol."

Rockatteer
FLAG Assistant

Post by Rockatteer » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Well thats good news! :D

Lets hope the ratings stay there from now on :)
What would MacGyver do? - Find out here.
http://www.macgyveronline.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:29 pm

Those are pretty good numbers and ranking #2 behind Idol isn't bad at all. Let's hope 1) The numbers hold up/increase and 2) NBC takes notice.

devox
Volunteer

Post by devox » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:58 pm

hehe nice nice :D

btw neps where you find this information?

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:17 pm

Offical NBC press release detailing last weeks numbers on their PR page.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:49 pm

Well they said nothing will help KR apart from a ratings miracle, well hey, this could be the start of it.

Going from a 4.98 to 6.10 is nothing short of amazing, if this keeps up were laughing.

Roll on season 2 :good:

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:53 pm

neps wrote:Offical NBC press release detailing last weeks numbers on their PR page.
Well, at least it shows they're paying attention...

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:23 pm

Chuck, Heroes and Medium didn't really benefit much for all that Superbowl hype. None of them broke nine million viewers which IMO is quite pathetic. I still can't believe they didn't even advertise or mention Tiki Barber's being on this week's KR episode. Hell, was Tiki Barber even there?
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: