Live Discussion - Exit Light, Enter Knight

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion - Exit Light, Enter Knight

Post by Vegasmike » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:31 am

egomez2777 wrote:

On a side note... would anyone like to see the new KITT in convertable mode? :kittconv:
:shock: :shock:
Not me, thanks.
I didn't even like it in TOS. ACK!

We've seen it already too, in Knight of the Living Dead.
Last edited by Vegasmike on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DWH
Stranger

Post by DWH » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:33 am

Hello, can anyone here tell me the name of the actress who played the fake hostage/robbers girlfriend in Exit light, enter knight? She seems very familiar but I can't quite recall where I've seen her before. Thanks a bunch, DWH

Raven02TA
Volunteer

Post by Raven02TA » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:35 am

is this episode online anywhere to watch it yet?

i missed it today, my bigscreen needs a new projector bulb......waiting on best buy to come repair :(
Raven 2002 Trans Am
LS1/TH400
508.8 hp
521.7 Tq
http://www.fquick.com/Raven02TA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:38 am

You can try this http://www.hulu.com/videos/search?query=Knight+Rider" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tonight's ep is not up yet. Not sure when it becomes available.
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:42 am

http://www.hulu.com/search/Knight+Rider ... pe=episode is were you can find it when it is uploaded. I believe it will be uploaded tomorrow morning but don't hold me to that.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:04 am

Mr.Marcus wrote:I'm stunned. This is what a KR episode should look like. It seems they finally got it right. More Kitt and Michael, less everything else. I'm still not thrilled about the I'm a girl, I can do what you can do better attitude that permeates the show. But I can live with it if the episodes continue to be like this. Major improvement.
Who are you and what have you done with Mr. Marcus? :mrgreen:
He He.
Yea! I loved it too.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

kwsta25
Rookie

Post by kwsta25 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:06 am

AMAZING

that was knight rider i felt like i was watching the old one in new times.

1 kitt was his own charector the whole episode
2 kitt actually drove on his own
3kitt was interacting with the little girl just like old times
4it was just billy and zoey helping just like devon and bonnie
5they actually showed the nano technology working
and much more

if the rest of the episodes are like tonites and they do cancel it i will be so angry, they gave us a pilot which was good but lacking some things. Then the premiere aired for the season and we got i dont even know what to call that james bond with kitt and tranformers. but now since the reboot im impresed VERY IMPRESED

WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING TO KEEP THIS GOING, THIS CAN BECOME A HUGE HIT I WAS AMAZED TONITE.
REMEBER THEY CHANGED IT BECAUSE OF US AND NOW IT FINALY AND DESERVES THE NAME KNIGHT RIDER.

NBC BETTER GIVE IT A SEASON TWO AND A FAIR CHANCE,IT NOT OUT FAULT THEY MESSED IT UP TO BEGIN WITH.
WHAT WERE THEY THINKING KITT TRANSFORMING YEA OOOOOOK INTO A VAN LMAO INTERIOR AND ALL NO WONDER RATING DROPED.

NBC YOU BROKE IT NOW YOU FIXED IT AND YOU BETTER KEEP IT GOING:).

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:22 am

I just remembered - one other thing that I really liked was KI3T's conversation with Sarah at the beginning of the episode. Sarah thanked KI3T for his role in the previous episode, which was touching and pretty awesome.

The other thing I really liked was Sarah asking KI3T what he thought, during the heist.

Additionally...KI3T's line to Zoey: "Zoey, you really need to see a psychologist about your problems", or something like that. Delivered with classic deadpan....priceless!

I figured that the EMTs were doing their jobs, so they were too busy to acknowledge the fact that a car drove by itself.

As for the convertible mode...what's the point of having a nigh-invulnerable car that can heal itself and protect its occupants if it's a convertible? KI3T stops bullets when they hit him. KI3T can't stop a bullet if he doesn't hit him. A convertible would make no sense - headshot, anyone?
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:39 am

^ Eh, the convertible mode isn't really for battle situations, anyway. It's just so that Mike can get lucky or drive to the beach or something.

I mean, his father certainly used the sleek car he drove for such purposes too, no doubt. That dog.

DJGM
FLAG Assistant

Post by DJGM » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:47 am

lunchmeat wrote: As for the convertible mode...what's the point of having a nigh-invulnerable car that
can heal itself and protect its occupants if it's a convertible? KI3T stops bullets when
they hit him. KI3T can't stop a bullet if he doesn't hit him.
A convertible would make no sense - headshot, anyone?
True ... but if you remember in the original series, Michael would usually say, "OK buddy,
let's button up!" and the "C" mode would be switched off before they went into action.

KITT's t-top would retract back into place something like this . . .

:kittconv2:

The new KITT would do something much the same, only a bit Transformer-like.

DrWho2005
Operative

Post by DrWho2005 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:55 am

One thing that has always bothered me: Why does noone ever react to scanner light on the front of the car?

Seriously, if you are in parking lot or at a coffee stand and you see a black car with glowing red lights on it...wouldnt you look at it and wonder wtf it is?

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:02 am

^Twenty years ago, maybe. Now, with so many people customizing their cars with all sorts of stuff, not so much.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:16 am

DrWho2005 wrote:One thing that has always bothered me: Why does noone ever react to scanner light on the front of the car?

Seriously, if you are in parking lot or at a coffee stand and you see a black car with glowing red lights on it...wouldnt you look at it and wonder wtf it is?
Yeah, I have seen cars customized stranger than that... I think most people would just think it's part of an alarm system.

Andyuk
Volunteer

Post by Andyuk » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:41 am

Outstanding!!!! this is what knight rider should have been like from episode 1, nbc have finally got it right!! i'm very pleased with the way this episode looked and felt it had the essence of TOS :D

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:45 am

Yes a lot more like it show be, I just hope that it's not to late, and we get season 2.
It would be a shame if it was to end now it's got really good.

jshorva65
Recruit

Post by jshorva65 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:17 am

Andyuk wrote:Outstanding!!!! this is what knight rider should have been like from episode 1, nbc have finally got it right!! i'm very pleased with the way this episode looked and felt it had the essence of TOS :D
I agree! Loved the interaction between KI3T and Maddie. Val Kilmer's performance as KI3T's voice is getting closer to the standard set by William Daniels as KI2T in TOS.

Daniels mastered the role earlier in the first season of TOS, certainly, but also TOS had its share of goofs in writing in its early first season. How could KI2T have not noticed while MK Sr and Maggie were searching for Buddy that he was hiding in the back seat? Of course, the "stowaway" added to the suspense/danger of the Comtron demolition derby scenes in KOTP, so the inconsistency of KI2T's super-sensitive scanners not detecting him didn't become so glaringly obvious until having re-watched KOTP a few times 25 years later on the Season 1 DVD.

Chazsza
Volunteer

Post by Chazsza » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:30 am

wow! really great episode!
and no attack mode!
overall id give it a 9/10 (had there been a action packed car chase at the end id probly give it 10/10!)
great job Knight Rider! :good:
Signer #1433

K2000kid
Operative

Post by K2000kid » Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:44 am

The opening shoot out reminded me so much of the 1995 movie Heat
when they rob the bank and there is shootout lasting 11 minutes

PS Val Kilmer was one of the bank robbers
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

jshorva65
Recruit

Post by jshorva65 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:10 am

Loved the Auto Cruise scenes, too! The tinted windows worked in that sequence, so I totally disagree with those who reacted negatively to the tinted glass. KI3T as a driverless car with clear windows would have stuck out like a sore thumb, revealing the secret of his being an ultra-high-tech supervehicle. Remember, Superman could fly whether he wore the Superman costume or the street clothes of his Clark Kent identity. Clark Kent flying while wearing business attire would have defeated the whole purpose of a secret identity.

As I understood the demonstrations of the Auto Cruise version of KI3T that I've seen, the vehicle does in fact operate via radio control from a range of up to one mile. Perhaps there will be more Auto Cruise scenes displaying that capability more clearly in future episodes. The RC capability definitely surpasses the credibility that certain TOS scenes had, where the "backseat driver" seatback contraption was clearly visible as KI2T's door auto-opened. Am I the only one who noticed that?

I agree that Attack Mode and many of the more radical shape-transformations are lacking in their credibility. Color changes, OK. Changes into other Ford vehicles of a similar mid-size two-door coupe configuration (or even invisibility) by using KI3T's Exterior Display Screen capabilities to project the image of a different shape/color car of the same or smaller size (or views of scenery beyond his other side) onto the Nanoskin/Screen surface are far more credible. The "invisible car" idea worked well in a James Bond film relatively recently, using the same idea of painted-on cameras/screens displaying "picture on the car of what you'd see if the car wasn't there" to produce a high-tech version of smoke-and-mirrors.

I originally thought that the vulnerability of Nanoskin repairs only being possible with KI3T's AI fully online was a too-obvious downgrade from the Molecular Bonded Shell of KI2T in TOS. On second thought, MBS material might have been incompatible with some of KI3T's most advanced features that only the Nanoskin technology supports. Perhaps the MBS was great for protecting the body panels and glass of KI2T, but had a narrower passband of light wavelengths than was needed to allow KI3T's solar power supply to achieve full efficiency. Perhaps the MBS needs serious re-formulation to even work properly as an undercoating (original formulation hindering Nanoskin performance significantly even when applied to inside surfaces) and takes Knight Industries until well into Season 2 or beyond to perfect a Nanoskin-compatible MBS.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:13 am

K2000kid wrote:PS Val Kilmer was one of the bank robbers
Wait, he was? I missed that? Now I need to rewatch. >_<

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:23 am

The "invisible car" idea worked well in a James Bond film relatively recently, using the same idea of painted-on cameras/screens displaying "picture on the car of what you'd see if the car wasn't there" to produce a high-tech version of smoke-and-mirrors.
If they were going that far, they could as well use something less convoluted, like stealth camouflage. The nanoskin is pretty much a dense blanket of nanomachines anyway, they might as well come with a function that refracts light.

K2000kid
Operative

Post by K2000kid » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:35 am

Hi Lynda

just wanted to let you know Val starred in the movie Heat as one of the bank robbers not the KR episode
sorry if i confused you, but i wonder if the shootout was inspired by the movie, maybe i'm reaching LOL
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

jshorva65
Recruit

Post by jshorva65 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:53 am

NeoRanger wrote:
The "invisible car" idea worked well in a James Bond film relatively recently, using the same idea of painted-on cameras/screens displaying "picture on the car of what you'd see if the car wasn't there" to produce a high-tech version of smoke-and-mirrors.
If they were going that far, they could as well use something less convoluted, like stealth camouflage. The nanoskin is pretty much a dense blanket of nanomachines anyway, they might as well come with a function that refracts light.
Quite plausible, and also fits perfectly with my comments about compatibility issues between MBS versus advanced Nanoskin functionality. Maximum efficiency of the solar power supply might depend, for instance, upon the light refraction capability of the Nanoskin, whereby 50% of the power output of the solar power source is derived from the ability of the Nanoskin to function as a Fresnel lens array over KI3T's entire body surface, thereby permitting KI3T to derive 2kW electrical power per square meter of surface area with the Nanoskin's Fresnel lens capability versus only 1kW/m^2 without refraction from his onboard photovoltaic cells. (Yes, I have two degrees and 30+ years' experience in Electronics)

Rainack
FLAG Recruit

Post by Rainack » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:54 am

Lynda414 wrote:
K2000kid wrote:PS Val Kilmer was one of the bank robbers
Wait, he was? I missed that? Now I need to rewatch. >_<
I think k200kid meant that in the movie Heat, Val Kilmer was one of the bank robbers.
To read my fanfictions, go to fanfiction.net and search for my screen name, Rainack.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:23 am

K2000kid wrote:Hi Lynda

just wanted to let you know Val starred in the movie Heat as one of the bank robbers not the KR episode
sorry if i confused you, but i wonder if the shootout was inspired by the movie, maybe i'm reaching LOL
Hahaha, Okay then. I was going to say...

It would be pretty funny though, if he was a masked extra and no one noticed...