Live Discussion - Exit Light, Enter Knight

Archive for discussions from 2010. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Live Discussion - Exit Light, Enter Knight

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:27 pm

Tonight's episode was definitly good. Alot of old school knight rider there. Hope they can keep it up and save the show.

K2000kid
Operative

Post by K2000kid » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:28 pm

This episode worked
It just felt "right"
hopefully they will run with it
fingers crossed 4 season two
Theres no reason for increased volume, I'm scanning your interogitives quite satisfactorilly.

epc1122
Rookie

Post by epc1122 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:29 pm

Knight_uk wrote:
bddotnet wrote:I wrote the following to NBC:

Would you please update the NBC homepage?

The Knight Rider image on the homepage shows the wrong episode synopsis and incorrect cast members. Carrie Rivai has retired and Alex Torres and Charles Graiman are dead, so they should not be in the image on the NBC homepage.

The correct episode information is:

EXIT LIGHT, ENTER KNIGHT
Mike jumps into the thick of a bank heist and tries to stop it, but becomes one of the hostages. TV-PG LV

We really need to keep on NBC to keep the show, update the homepage and support the show we all love that is KNIGHT RIDER!
I agree, and also has anyone seen that Knight Industries Research website they also have? That hasn't changed for 3 weeks now. I think they may have given up on Knight Rider. :cry:
well its not a big update, but they have rivai, graimen and torres listed as inactive. not sure when that happened though, anybody know?

kitt_rulz
Operative

Post by kitt_rulz » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:35 pm

I agree with alot of you! This episode just felt.... right! It made me feel like this is KNIGHT RIDER. There were no agendas. Things just happend.

Heres hoping for a second season!!!!
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all." - God Futurama

bige
Rookie

Post by bige » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:40 pm

We do know couple things now
1. KITT can do Turbo Boost in normal mode
2. Crash through stuff in normal mode
3. his Nano shell works in normal mode

To me when KITT was talking to Matte- KITT almost sounded like when William Daniels did the voice of KITT in the TOS - to me I think Val Kilmer is getting kind of close to that William Daniels KITT voice.

Did anyone notice that tonight?

Sometimes when I watch the new Knight Rider series- whenever KITT talks, I kind of imageion that is actually William Daniels voice, instead of val kilmer
Last edited by bige on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:42 pm

bige wrote:We do know couple things now
1. KITT can do Turbo Boost in normal mode
2. Crash through stuff in normal mode
3. his Nano shell works in normal mode

To me when KITT was talking to Matte- KITT almost sounded like when William Daniels did the voice of KITT in the TOS - to me I think Val Kilmer is getting kind of close to that William Daniels KITT voice.

Did anyone notice that tonight?
Yeah I was thinking the same thing..

BTW what does the next episode preview look like...In Canada didn't get that after tonights episode

steveyertz
Volunteer

Post by steveyertz » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:42 pm

Great episode!!! Major improvement from the past. So I'm guessing the mystery scene was cut from the episode and pos placed in episode with FLAG info?

kittxthexcat
Rookie

Post by kittxthexcat » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Aaaahhhh I need to stop reading this, I want to see this episode sssooo bad! >.<
---
Kitt the Cat, but you can call me Spiff.

Billy: "I just ask cause it sounds like Kitt's making you his bitch..."
Mike: "Get back to the math BILLY!"

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:45 pm

steveyertz wrote:Great episode!!! Major improvement from the past. So I'm guessing the mystery scene was cut from the episode and pos placed in episode with FLAG info?
I assume that most of the FLAG stuff we will see is the last episode...???

Knight_uk
Volunteer

Post by Knight_uk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:48 pm

epc1122 wrote:
Knight_uk wrote:
bddotnet wrote:I wrote the following to NBC:

Would you please update the NBC homepage?

The Knight Rider image on the homepage shows the wrong episode synopsis and incorrect cast members. Carrie Rivai has retired and Alex Torres and Charles Graiman are dead, so they should not be in the image on the NBC homepage.

The correct episode information is:

EXIT LIGHT, ENTER KNIGHT
Mike jumps into the thick of a bank heist and tries to stop it, but becomes one of the hostages. TV-PG LV

We really need to keep on NBC to keep the show, update the homepage and support the show we all love that is KNIGHT RIDER!
I agree, and also has anyone seen that Knight Industries Research website they also have? That hasn't changed for 3 weeks now. I think they may have given up on Knight Rider. :cry:
well its not a big update, but they have rivai, graimen and torres listed as inactive. not sure when that happened though, anybody know?
That's all they have updated though! And I'm sure Torres only got changed today because he was active when I checked earlier :good:
kittxthexcat wrote:Aaaahhhh I need to stop reading this, I want to see this episode sssooo bad! >.<
Me too I got to wait ages :(
MK: All these buttons and gadgets and there's no radio?
K.I.T.T.: What would you like to hear?

bige
Rookie

Post by bige » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:50 pm

I think the SSC headquaters are the new FLAG headquaters

Since Sarah has some equipment to work with there.

I think Sarah will actually be the BOSS now

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:04 pm

arhskr81 wrote:This is just like TOS episode, and he called himself MICHAEL KNIGHT and KITT drove himself.
Indeed this was an awesome this episode was pure TOS goodness from start to finish! I especially loved how KITT handled the little Girl which was also very TOS :mrgreen:

coverdale10
Volunteer

Post by coverdale10 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:11 pm

This episode is definitely moving in the right direction in a lot of ways.

The thing that truly rocked me (besides its very un-Knight Rider-like anticlimactic ending), was that after the episode was over my 3 year old son asked to see what he alarmingly referred to as "the good Knight Rider".... (Referring to the Knight Rider season 3 DVD sitting in front of the TV on its stand).

After he said that, I instantly was not as into the episode as I tried to allow myself to be anymore. Even a pretty small child can see that there are some serious issues with this show. An' those issues clearly have a negative impact on how enjoyable the series is.

I really want to like this show, but if this is the best they can do they should've allowed Hasselhoff and our favorite
trusty Trans Am to live on in reruns. This "reboot" is more like a boot sector virus.

KRAvengerII
FLAG Recruit

Post by KRAvengerII » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:15 pm

well... here comes the voice of dissension. :evil:
I absolutely HATED this episode. Absolutely everything about it. the show has managed to push every one of my anger buttons. They've done every kind of show i absolutely abhor: Mike gets poisoned. KI3T threatens to blow up. Mike in a hostage crisis. There was very little action, and what action there was, took place in a DARK TUNNEL. Are they trying to save money on their electricity costs too? And KI3T didn't do all that much. Finally, I'm really getting sick and tired of all the cheeseball hard*** villains on this show, who are totally ruthless in their methods for Money. Frankly, I would like to see Mike use lethal force on all of them, because I never want to see any of them again. Prison's too good for them. Maybe I'm just not a fan of suspense but If this is the kind of show the new KR is going to be, then maybe i won't miss it so much if it goes.
KITT: I walked right into that one, didn't I?
Michael: More like Turbo Boosted.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:24 pm

Here is next weeks teaser - not much to see:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvJSzHRGxKc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lordvader
Rookie

Post by lordvader » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:25 pm

cloudkitt wrote:Metallica reference...odd, lol.
That's what I thought the moment I read the episode title.

Ontario Knight
Operative

Post by Ontario Knight » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:31 pm

KRAvengerII wrote:well... here comes the voice of dissension. :evil:
I absolutely HATED this episode. Absolutely everything about it. the show has managed to push every one of my anger buttons. They've done every kind of show i absolutely abhor: Mike gets poisoned. KI3T threatens to blow up. Mike in a hostage crisis. There was very little action, and what action there was, took place in a DARK TUNNEL. Are they trying to save money on their electricity costs too? And KI3T didn't do all that much. Finally, I'm really getting sick and tired of all the cheeseball hard*** villains on this show, who are totally ruthless in their methods for Money. Frankly, I would like to see Mike use lethal force on all of them, because I never want to see any of them again. Prison's too good for them. Maybe I'm just not a fan of suspense but If this is the kind of show the new KR is going to be, then maybe i won't miss it so much if it goes.
Well your the first I see. Well I have to say I liked this very easy going easy to follow, I don't get a seasure when I watch the show with camera angles changing every second. Starting at the beginning with the music playing brought me back to my youth. And that my friend is why most of us watch the show.

GoZO
Volunteer

Post by GoZO » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:40 pm

Why were the villains still wearing the gas masks in the tunnel?

KITTKARR85
Recruit

Post by KITTKARR85 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:40 pm

This episode nailed it. This is what KR is all about: Mike and KITT alone for the duration of the mission, Sarah, Billy and Zoe helping as a 2nd pair of eyes in the base, KITT driving himself. KITT actually helping which is one factor this series hasn't shown that much, if any until now. Please writers, let this be more of the format of the reboot and this show will be wonderful! :D

:skar:

knightrocker82
Volunteer

Post by knightrocker82 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:47 pm

does nbc show knight rider on repeat the same day?

coverdale10
Volunteer

Post by coverdale10 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:52 pm

What happened to the infamous comlink or the earpiece thingy Michael is supposed to have...? why does he text with KITT...? An' why do I feel like the Knight 2000 needs to push the Knight 3000 into the crusher...? It is more in line with TOS than anything previously and I guess we should accept that magic of the TOS is impossible to reproduce. I'll just watch this until it is unceremoniously cancelled....

Radioheaded
Volunteer

Post by Radioheaded » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:52 pm

Great episode. The show is getting better weekly, and if that progression can continue then these last few should be well worth watching. If only these story lines would have started from the beginning...... :(

Lost Knight
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Lost Knight » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:53 pm

Well, I felt the episode's more serious tone was definitely a step in the right direction. But I found myself bored through a lot of it, for some reason. I kept feeling like the episode was missing something and then I figured out what it was. There was no Mike driving with K.I.T.T. and doing stunts, K.I.T.T. didn't turbo boost and no car chase.

But, at least they had K.I.T.T. crash through something at the end so that he didn't sit idle in a parking lot sending text messages for most of the episode. Unfortunately I have to say that use of the tinted window car really kills the illusion of K.I.T.T. driving himself for me.

Much better than most episodes, but didn't quite hit the target for me.
“Gimme maximum turbo thrust and blast me outta here, will ya!?”
:kitt: :dash4:

adamtrek
Recruit

Post by adamtrek » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:57 pm

This episode was very good. It felt like NBC's version of "24" for one episode. With a talking car. It was good writing.

By the way, he didn't have his earwig with him, hence incommunicato with KITT. Wouldn't you try to communicate with a superintelligent muscle car that just might save your @$$? I would. That's why he texted KITT.

Some of the complaints here already just prove that you can't please everyone. Like every episode has to be freakin' "Gone With the Wind" or something.
Last edited by adamtrek on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Watching KITT turbo boost since 1982.

tmtcnya
Volunteer

Post by tmtcnya » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:57 pm

The episode had a great plot, but what did the girl find in the vault? Did I miss something? It lacked the KITT action no turbo, attack mode, nothing. The ending was horrible. I figured we would see a car chase or something, but its just typical KR 2008, great storyline, terrible ending everytime. First 55 minutes are great, then that bad ending comes and that is what people remember.