Regarding the Knight Rider Companion - PLEASE READ

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

chrisjones
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Regarding the Knight Rider Companion - PLEASE READ

Post by chrisjones » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:45 pm

dag268 wrote:What happened to everybody enjoying the show, hobby ect. There is plenty of room for two books. Both sides have been addressed, let it go. Enough bitching. I appreciate the heads up and we can decide as to if we, the consumer want to purchase the book or not. That was accomplished with the first post. Lets all grow up and move on.
I hear what your saying, but a hobby is one thing, paying for something your being led to believe is 'new' only to find out its not is totally another!
[b]No way you mentalist![/b]

Victor Kros
FLAG Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Victor Kros » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:46 pm

First and foremost you are free to believe what you wish to believe but to sit there and slander me by claiming that my book, a book that is 680 pages in length is nothing more than a rehash of Legacy is absolutely unfair. I have explained several times the differences in page length alone that prove my book is its own creation with new material that has not been published before.

I have presented a superior format with superior photos, 600 or so of which you never received in Legacy. If you wish to debate the nature of the interviews with the cast that is fine. I have however worked my butt off for the last year giving YOU FANS the book YOU ASKED FOR.

I went out and meticulously found and composed 30 authentic autograph signatures to put in the book, I recreated the logos from Knight Rider, I busted my butt making, researching, and composing a vehicle stats guide to the book. I recreated Michael Scheffe's dash art for the book.

I worked night and day cleaning up EVERY IMAGE I could to make sure that every image in my book could be presented in the quality it deserves and the highest quality possible. I restored and digitially curated several well known Knight Rider press shots, posters, and so on in desperate need of repair.

I released a book in full color like YOU ASKED FOR. I created full page imagery like YOU ASKED FOR. You have the nerve to attack me because of interviews? Because my "Did You Know?" happens to be modeled off material that was given to me? Really?

If that is the extent of your gratitude, then by all means no one is forcing you to buy my book and you're welcome to "pass on it" but please do not cheapen or insult my creative approach to The Knight Rider Companion. Do not sell my work short because you haven't experienced the book for yourself.

I'm not going to lower myself to point out every single difference between The Knight Rider Companion and Knight Rider Legacy. The number of pages should be clear enough.

I understand you seem to believe I "stole" from Joe and let me be very clear here, I was given material that I was told belonged to Richie and I guess this isn't the case. You want to blame someone, blame him.

I had no intentions of stealing from anyone and I have made that crystal clear. How you wish to continue to view that point is your decision to make and I respect that. This matter is between Joe and I alone.

Go through my book page by page, in fact I invite you to do so. Eventually you're going to run out of pages because over half of Legacy's chapters that Joe did were purposely excluded.

As far as the grievance over trivia is concerned. Trivia and observations about the series are common knowledge, it's public domain. Debate whether my words match Joe's or not but have the respect to look deeper, don't judge a book by the cover someone else presents you.

Yes I did use the work that was given to me as a framework for constructing my book, I've never denied that and again I was working with material that I assumed was not Joe's work on Legacy. He never emailed me to inquire about the book, he never bothered to contact me in any way, shape, or form while the book was being produced neither in its original rejected format with BearManor Media or the prototype from Saugus. So if you were in my position what would you expect? I had no way of knowing if the material belonged to Joe because Joe never bothered to ask me about it.

This is not an attack on Joe, these are the facts you the public do not seem to understand.

I have updated several episodes of "trivia" that is more current and up to date than Legacy. Here's just a few examples - Chariot of Gold, Ten Wheel Trouble, Knight Strike, Fright Knight, A Good Knight's Work

There are no highlights, no commentary, no "script to screen" comparisons, no "from the novel" excerpts, and no "quotes" listed from the episodes as depicted in LEgacy. There are common placed information and cast reflections. There is no Knight Family, no After the Sunset, no Knight Rider Fanfiction, Knight Replicas, No TKR. None of these sections are in my book.

I will not cheapen the work on Knight Rider Legacy, it's a great book if you want to read the story of Knight Rider. My book is its own format in its own direction. What Joe and Richie started is a wonderful thing and I own it just like the rest of you out there. I posted a fair and reasonable review on Amazon.com.

I'm not the bad guy here and I should not be viewed as such.

I honestly am both offended and appauled that you would accuse me of not doing my research and sit there and ridicule me for some simularities to Legacy while neglecting to recognize the countless other original material I have generated for my book.

As far as interviews go, I went out and personally gathered Larson's approval and his new foreword. I went and attained new information with Robert Foster,Tom Greene, Stu Phillips, Don Peake, Michael Scheffe. I went and found material for a tribute to Edward Mulhare. I did all of this FOR YOU to give YOU the fans the most in depth coverage availible with the most up to date information availible.

I'm not attacking anyone at this point, I am defending my creative work and I have a right to do so. You can continue to make your assumptions about invading Joe's territory or whatever but please have the respect to recognize where my book differs from his.

This book isn't about money. My father and I had to shell out 30k just to get it made in the format YOU ASKED FOR. You asked for color we gave it to you, you asked for photos, we gave that to you. We've given and given and now at this point the only thing I'm asking in return is for your respect and if you can't give me that than I really don't know what to tell you.

I've said what I needed to say and now The Knight Rider Companion can speak for itself.

=VK=
:dash:

BoMcD
Operative

Post by BoMcD » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:57 pm

I will give credit where credit IS due.. Nick is a superb graphics artist.
I have been one for over 20 years and his raw talent is unmistakably good.
http://www.knightfoundation.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MikeBKnight
Rookie

Post by MikeBKnight » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:59 pm

CJaguar442 wrote:
dag268 wrote:What happened to everybody enjoying the show, hobby ect. There is plenty of room for two books. Both sides have been addressed, let it go. Enough bitching. I appreciate the heads up and we can decide as to if we, the consumer want to purchase the book or not. That was accomplished with the first post. Lets all grow up and move on.

agreed
X3.
Worst comes to worst, if people want, they could buy both books, and make up thier own minds.

MR2NR
FLAG Recruit

Post by MR2NR » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:08 pm

This is really just a warning to people who have legacy not to expect a brand new book with Companion. Heck the show has been covered well and for those of you who are true fans won't care if it is an exact copy as long has you have both covers. I plan on purchasing both books anyways and just wanted to also thank everyone who played a part in publishing them :).
K.R.A.M. Knight Reformulation Automated Machine 1991 Toyota MR2 Turbo.

To the people who made the Knight Rider Festival possible especially Paul Casey. Thank You! See you all and more in 2012 :kitt2:

Knight Racer
FLAG Special Ops

Post by Knight Racer » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:50 pm

I purchased Legacy a long time ago.While I believe Levine and Huth both did an excellent job and must have put so much effort in bringing us a great book covering knight rider the making of a hit show,I'd have to say Nick's book has its own excellent qualities to it.I love the new interviews with Robert Foster,Tom Greene,and Michael Scheffe.I have read through about the first 153 pages and found that it did have certain parts to it that i have never read in legacy and are worth the 50 dollars just for the new stuff.I never really needed an episode giude because lets face it we all know what episode is in which season as well as when we first saw a gadget used.We all know of all of kitt's functions but i truely liked both books.I want to say to all 3 authors,"Great work on bringing the kr community something they can enjoy for years to come".

gl2814b
Volunteer

Post by gl2814b » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:22 am

Knight Racer wrote:I never really needed an episode giude because lets face it we all know what episode is in which season as well as when we first saw a gadget used....We all know of all of kitt's functions...
actually i didnt... and im a long time fan of the series and the story of the Knight Rider....

-you learn something new each day

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:19 am

Ok. As mentioned earlier I gave a fair amount of time after each side spoke to say their peace. This thread is now closed.