Changes now that FLAG is back

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Mathyus
Rookie
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Changes now that FLAG is back

Post by Mathyus » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:32 am

Cool, thanks
End of line program... -MCP-

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:00 am

Knight_uk wrote:
BlueChaos wrote:I would actually like it if they change the name from "Attack Mode" to "KNIGHT MODE", and then for the KNIGHT MODE use the pilot Attack Mode car albeit with simple modifications (lose the high rear spoilers please). I think the pilot Attack Mode car is a very suitable car to be called a Knight Rider car, with the rims all black and the tail lights all painted black too.

I could be wrong here but I'm sure I read somewhere that the car in bits in Dr. Graiman's garage at the start of the pilot wasn't actually a Trans-Am. Thats why it was covered up and you only got a glimpse of it, I am sure I read that and the article/post stated what kind of car it was but I can't remember. It had the KITT wheels on I know that but to me the shape of it didn't look right. Sadly I think that if KI2T does appear in KR08 it will be in a similar vein to KR2000 and he will be a box.

Like I say I could be wrong.

I agree on Attack Mode, that ricer sucks big time.
It was a Trans Am. I remember reading a blurb about it and pics of the car when they were filming the movie. Its a kit car that belonged to someone. I think the reason they didn't show it had to do with property rights which would involve GM. Its like when you watch a tv show and you notice that they black out a brand name or a letter to read "Preyers" instead of "Breyers" ice cream. It has to do with property rights. I think the same was happening with the Trans Am and the reason why it was not featured heavily in the story.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Well to be honest I do not mind the transformations as long as they do not overdo them which they did in the earlier episodes.

And yes they do need to bridge more the new show with the TOS so flashbacks as to what happened to FLAG and KIT2K would be great, problem with this is they would have to enter negotiations with GM a Ford competitor just to show an 80's TransAm sometimes Copyrights are the pits aren't they?
As for the present KIT2K if it exists at all it would probably be in an emulator within KIT3K itself...

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:39 am

Knight2000 wrote:I've seen arrowheads on the bowling balls. Not sure if they ever smoothed it out. But yeah, I don't see why KITT can't return as a T/A.
Yeah but the logos are popped out, Pontiac has the logo trademarked, not an arrowhead shape.

And I agree Punk, as long as they don't go overboard, I have no problems with the transformations.
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

Chazsza
Volunteer

Post by Chazsza » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:42 am

didnt they say "is it another Trans Am?" and graiman says "a Mustang" in the pilot?
and they called the trashed car a Dodge in the last episode
dosent seem like they care what brand it is.
oh well hope KI2T makes some kind of appearance!! :kitt:
Signer #1433

B.R.O
Recruit

Post by B.R.O » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:12 am

Due to dodgy compay executives I highl doubt we'll ever a cameo if KI2T as a Trans-Am, heck even as a car as the image of an F-body Trans AM/Firebird is so well burnt into the general public's picture of KI2T.

Personally, I'd love to see Trans AM KI2T do an appearence in an episode where they woud explain how the TOS story eneded, maybe even bring in some darker elements like a failed mission which lead to KI2T going haywire and being put out of service.

Honeykitt
Rookie

Post by Honeykitt » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:25 pm

I, for one, like the transformations. I associate KITT with his personality, his red scanners and voice more than his physical appearance. I think the transformations add a whole new dimension to him which I find pretty cool. I just thought in the first few episodes they were overdone and to complicated. I really like how they have smoothed them out and made them simplier.

As to MKsr and KI2T, I would really like to see some history on them also. I am very curious as what happened to them. I really like the idea that MKsr and KI2T are still together somewhere. And even though I know it's impossible to see KI2T as a Trans Am because of GM, that is my wish.

I would either like to see MKsr come back as an advisor to FLAG, with him and KI2T making special appearances to help solve cases now and again, or see Dr. Graiman "come back from the dead" and get involved.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:49 am

But its NOT impossible, if the logos are popped out (which they were for KI2T ANYWAY, there's nothing GM could do. ESPECIALLY because it' not a stock Trans Am, its a modified one with a non-stock nose (not to mention the dash)

KDMatt
Volunteer

Post by KDMatt » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:40 pm

I know that GST has sort of disavowed a lot of things that were written into the pilot, so no official continuity is supposed to exist, but I guess I still see it.

My impression is that the KI3T from the pilot was a 'prototype' version of KI3T... and that the version we got one year later (both in real-life time, and story time) was the 'finished' product.

One can only assume that what happened is that the government (namely FBI, NSA) decided to get involved with and sponsor FLAG, perhaps not even giving Graiman a choice... notice that in the pilot KI3T had no offensive weaponry, and no elaborate transformations (mostly just color changes), but in the actual series, after the merger with government agencies, KI3T has armanents and a more 'aggressive' attack mode?

I don't even remember, was it even called 'Attack Mode' in the pilot?

Also, I don't think there would be any legal issues bringing KI2T back into the fold briefly ... because it did show up in the pilot (in fact, I think there were two shells in Graiman's garage??) and the aforementioned reference to it as "another Trans Am" makes me think this way also...

I think the only real problem is acquiring a car they could use ... since the ones that exist now are either fan replicas, or museum pieces... or in Joey Fatone's garage...

i.e. they would basically have to build one ... and I'm sure we all can recognize what a pain that is...

Slim_Knight
Operative

Post by Slim_Knight » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:34 pm

To answer your question, it was referred to as "Attack Mode" in the pilot.
KITT: Michael, your blood alcohol level is far too high to allow you to take the wheel.
MIKE: That’s fine. I don’t wanna drive anyway. I want a burger. Take me to a drive-thru.

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:43 am

Chazsza wrote:didnt they say "is it another Trans Am?" and graiman says "a Mustang" in the pilot?
and they called the trashed car a Dodge in the last episode
dosent seem like they care what brand it is.
oh well hope KI2T makes some kind of appearance!! :kitt:
every body loves to see KI2T along with KI3T in Action. Atleast the 2 KITTs exchange some words or discuss something. its a dream and its up to NBC and GST to make it true Image :kitt:

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:32 am

KDMatt wrote:I think the only real problem is acquiring a car they could use ... since the ones that exist now are either fan replicas, or museum pieces... or in Joey Fatone's garage...

i.e. they would basically have to build one ... and I'm sure we all can recognize what a pain that is...
But what fan wouldn't want THEIR replica to appear in the show? As long as they're not gonna jump it :P

KDMatt
Volunteer

Post by KDMatt » Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:08 pm

cloudkitt wrote:
KDMatt wrote:I think the only real problem is acquiring a car they could use ... since the ones that exist now are either fan replicas, or museum pieces... or in Joey Fatone's garage...

But what fan wouldn't want THEIR replica to appear in the show? As long as they're not gonna jump it :P
Probably, but even so, they would still need to be able to do -some- stunts with it. Burn outs, taking corners too fast (good old fashioned fun), and there's no way they could do that with a fan's car.

They would pretty much need their own.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:15 pm

Yeah, that's something that's come up before in the past. If they're going to do anything with the old Trans-Am they would certainly need to have their own car because if they're going to do anything with it, it's probably going to get messed up. But Universal has the resources to have their own built if need be. It still probably wouldn't be that hard to find a third gen Trans-Am. To be honest, should the original KITT still be in the body of a car that's 27 years old? After that many years, if the original KITT is still active, I'm sure he would have wanted an upgrade at some point. I don't see the original KITT being deactivated, I doubt Michael, Bonnie or Devon would stand for. There's always the likely hood that KITT moved on to something else as I still think Prometheus from the backdoor pilot was going to be KITT but of course that never got explored. Unfortunately GST decided to pretty much ignore the original series (which IMO was a mistake of the pilot also with only the small mentions and Hasselhoff's two minutes) and we might still be left with the "wonderful" fate from Knight Rider 2000. >_<

Thing is that fan service side would pretty much demand KITT the Trans Am... But how would Ford react? They shouldn't care but we already know they and the other car companies in trouble aren't the brightest bunch.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:58 pm

I notice on the NBC Knight Industries Computer they updated Micheals file. Showing that he drove KARR and had his memory wiped. It also show Dr Grainman requested to have him as driver for KITT and it still say that his father drove the original.

So my guess there still going to keep that going. Also if you check one of the Knight Writers Vids, the two women claim that they would love to have Old KITT meet New KITT. Just it depends on David Hasseloffs schedule and mainly if the show makes a season two.

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:29 am

PHOENIXZERO wrote:To be honest, should the original KITT still be in the body of a car that's 27 years old?
Well if you wanna take one plot element from KR2000, Michael likes retro cars. I'm not sure KITT would wanna be in another body or not.
PHOENIXZERO wrote:Thing is that fan service side would pretty much demand KITT the Trans Am... But how would Ford react? They shouldn't care but we already know they and the other car companies in trouble aren't the brightest bunch.
As I've said elsewhere, KI2T has NO LOGOS on him. The fact that everyone knows its a Trans Am has no legal bearing, there's nothing Ford or GM could really say. Besides. KI2T would only boost ratings, and considering the shows a big ol' Ford ad they should take what ratings they can get.