Changes now that FLAG is back

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

knightfan81
Volunteer

Changes now that FLAG is back

Post by knightfan81 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Since KITT and the gang are no longer pawns of the military, here are a few changes that might help true KR fans like the show better.

Things that need to be removed:

Transformations other than attack mode: Scrap them all, except attack mode. He doesn't need the missiles anymore. Just rename attack mode to what it really is ... Super Pursuit Mode.

Things that need to be explained:

Whereabouts of KI2K/Michael Knight: I was hoping that they might have the KARR episode as a two-parter and use it to explain where KI2K and Michael Knight are. According to the dialogue in the episode with the Arrow Virus, Arrow said to Graiman that he had finally created a truly artificial intelligence (or something to that effect), but that flies in the face of KR lore and the pilot movie. The baddie in the movie said that there was an urban legend that Graiman created a car 25 years ago for Wilton Knight that possessed the most advanced artificial intelligence ever created (KI2K). I would (like most fans) like an explanation of what exactly happened to KI2K? Was he fatally destroyed? Was there a malfunction that Graiman tried to fix but couldn't and so he created KI3K? Or is it that he is still out there, housed in an 80's Trans Am, and is in hiding with Michael Knight, Sr.? Surely since Sarah has access to all of the old FLAG files, she must know what happened to "Butch and Sundance"? It would seriously suck if we wait until the last episode, find out (possibly with an appearance) where Michael and KI2K are, and then the show get canned.

Just a couple thoughts...

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Re: Changes now that FLAG is back

Post by GT500KR » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:23 pm

attack mode is much easier than SPM
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by stelios_z28 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:29 pm

for some reason...i don't know why...they try to get over the original series!ok they use the whole story and the cameo of hoff in the pilot episode...but after that...and ofcourse after they rename mike traucer to michael knight....they totaly ctrl-alt-delete the orginal series!!!so where is the problem....glen larson??...nbc??..universal??..pontiac motor division copyrights??...what??? i am sure that the production and glen larson hear aour loud voices saying...bring back ki2t...even for cameos!!!!

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:33 pm

Glen Larson has nothing to do with the new series even though his name is attached to it... Just so you know.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:50 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Glen Larson has nothing to do with the new series even though his name is attached to it... Just so you know.
i think its high time for him to get..involved!!

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:04 pm

stelios_z28 wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:Glen Larson has nothing to do with the new series even though his name is attached to it... Just so you know.
i think its high time for him to get..involved!!
How true. I love this KR but it has way to many loose ends.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

sardille
Stranger

Post by sardille » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:27 pm

i loved the attack mode on the pilot! the one now seems like a drag race car. i dont like it.
i think they should also redesign kITT's interior, it looks really crappy and its like they did it in 15 minutes. IT has to be something like a concept car, like it was at that time with the trans am.
You know what car i saw and i imagine KITT inmediately? the new pontiac G8......its awesome! two bad its a 2 door.

hahahah

rest in peace KARR

Korris
Volunteer

Post by Korris » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:28 pm

Do you guys remember Knight Rider 2000? KITT was dismantled in that as well. The reason being is that GM told NBC or Larson, I forget who, that they no longer had permission to use the Trans Am in their show. Kind of like how VW told Transformers that they couldn't make Bumble Bee a VW Bug like in the original cartoon. Team Knight Rider also had this problem, hence why KITT only appeared in his CPU form in the control room of the C-130 in the last episode. At most, we'll see KI2T's CPU, but nothing more unless they put him into a Mustang like KI3T. Besides, I doubt Ford would want a GM vehicle in a show they're donating vehicles to. Remember the big deal over the original actor who was supposed to voice KITT?

cloudkitt
FLAG Operative

Post by cloudkitt » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:50 pm

Yeah but Mike was driving a GM in this past episode (a Saab, was it?)

Now I'm sure its not impossible, but I don't see how GM could block KI2T showing up. FIrst of all, he's a car that GM no longer produces, and on top of that, he has NO logos on him. There's not a firebird or arrowhead in sight, so just don't call him a Trans Am and what're they gonna do?
Michael: "KITT! Where are ya?!"
K.I.T.T.: "I'm in your parking space, Michael, where else would I be?"

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:44 pm

No, it was a Volvo. And IIRC, Ford owns Volvo, not GM.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:03 pm

I don't see there being a problem with the Old car showing up for a cameo. Remember in the original they always reffered to it as a black t-top, not trans-am. Plus in the pilot we got a glimpse of it, just don't know how it wound up like that.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:10 pm

I would actually like it if they change the name from "Attack Mode" to "KNIGHT MODE", and then for the KNIGHT MODE use the pilot Attack Mode car albeit with simple modifications (lose the high rear spoilers please). I think the pilot Attack Mode car is a very suitable car to be called a Knight Rider car, with the rims all black and the tail lights all painted black too.
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

Knight2000
FLAG Recruit

Post by Knight2000 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:41 am

cloudkitt wrote:There's not a firebird or arrowhead in sight
I've seen arrowheads on the bowling balls. Not sure if they ever smoothed it out. But yeah, I don't see why KITT can't return as a T/A.

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:49 am

you are absolutely right!!!i think that ki2t can make a cameo apearance!!..and excuse me...but.....KI2T AND HOFF MAKE A CAMEO APEARANCE IN.."KICKIN' IT OLD SKOOL" MOVIE....AND THEY DON'T MAKE IN KNIGHT RIDER????????i don't believe it!!!!

adamtrek
Recruit

Post by adamtrek » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:20 am

If they want to have KI2T in the show, they can do it. There is nothing stopping them except a creative idea to do it properly. They don't need anyone's permission.
Watching KITT turbo boost since 1982.

m3mikey
Stranger

Post by m3mikey » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:17 pm

hey everyone.... first off i want everyone to know that i am probably one of the biggest knight rider fans (old and new) on here and and have never posted on this site until now... but some things said have peeked my interest into giving my thoughts... First of them being the changes that people want to see happen to the show ie.. bring the old kitt back back (trans am) the Hoff.. and making numerous references to the old knight rider.. where here is where the problem lie with why they are not going to happen... First off someone mentioned it earlier in this thread about why the GM trans Am won't be in the show.. and there answer was because Ford basically donates cars used for the show.. ie. the mustang.. and a few peoples response was " well if they wanted to make it happen they could"... that is not good enough... Understand the NBC would have to go to ford and ask them to you a GM product on there show that they give Millions of dollars in free cars to use to "advertise" there product... so why would they allow anoother branded name product on there show???? the answer is NO!!!! company would allow that... thats issue #1.. issue #2 is that you want them to keep reference back to the original series... as much as this show is based on a series from the 80's... that show is done.. they made there refernces with the Hoff's cameo etc.. in the pilot and from time to time they will reference the orginal show.. but they will not base episodes on soley driving the Hoff and Kitt around.. as much as it will appease the older fans the newer fans would be lost and confused... they are trying to move this show forward into the future... not keep looking back 25 yrs ago... it's like the saying take 3 steps forward and 2 steps backward.... and if the show does not work trying to grab a new audience.. then it does work and NBC will cut the cords... there trying to be progressive.. not regressive ... those are my thoughts i am not trying to piss anyone off trust i want this show to work badly.. hoever it is the reality of what is being dealt with.....

stelios_z28
FLAG Recruit

Post by stelios_z28 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:58 pm

as for the gm cars....if you see all the new episodes you will notice that all the bad guys..for some reason most of times are driving a gm car....!!so i think that ki2t which he is the reason for all this would be honoured to be making at least 2 cameos for each season!think about every fan to see the old kitt next to new one to fight something big..something like karr or anything else!!so the problem is not ford...cause if ifrd is smart enough...they would allow an old pontiac to play in the series cause the rating will make the greatest advertisment for them!!

hds1o
Stranger

Post by hds1o » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:22 pm

I thought for sure when the building was in self destruct a few shows ago that it was going to be destroyed. I thought it would have been a good chance to bring back the semi as KITTs home. But anyway it would be nice to see now that FLAG is coming back. As far as them at least explaining what happened to the K2000 I would like to think he is still out there somewhere. What was in the pilot had a tuned port injection engine , which kinda led me to think that was just another car Graiman was working on after the K2000 that never made it. Not a fan of the transformations either. When KITT was damaged vs KARR I thought that would have been perfect to damage the nano crap beyond repair without Graiman and they can go back to the bulletproof shell K2000 used(seemed to work fine as long as this KITT avoids pits of toxic waste) and not be able to use the f150 mode or fast and furious/pep boys attack mode. I dont mind KITT as a mustang, I think a blacked out GT would be better than a KR (so I can make a replica!) but whatever. And I really hope they can explain the KARR situation more. I cant belive that they built 2 KARRs, both had yellow scanners, same voice, and both went bad. Makes no sence. Has to be the same program.

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:25 pm

IMO on the KI2T cameo I don't think the problem is getting GM's approval it lies in Ford not wanting another manufacturers car on the show even if it isn't in production anymore it still says go to GM not Ford so as much as I would like to see the original KITT on the show I seriously doubt it will ever happen.

Long Live :kitt:
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:11 pm

Keep all the weapons, he'll need them.

Glissard
Recruit

Post by Glissard » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:43 pm

I gotta go back to Transformers. I thought Michael Bay said he didn't want Bumblebee to reprise his role as a VW Bug, because he was targeting fast muscle cars. He didn't see a Bug being too eye catching or fast. I know their sponsor was GM. Can anyone confirm this?

Mathyus
Rookie

Post by Mathyus » Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:54 pm

Glissard wrote:I gotta go back to Transformers. I thought Michael Bay said he didn't want Bumblebee to reprise his role as a VW Bug, because he was targeting fast muscle cars. He didn't see a Bug being too eye catching or fast. I know their sponsor was GM. Can anyone confirm this?

See, I heard that it was VW not wanting there car to be used as a war machine, or something like that. As for KI2T making a cameo, I thinkn it could happen, and would be welcomed.
End of line program... -MCP-

Glissard
Recruit

Post by Glissard » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:00 pm

Mathyus wrote:
Glissard wrote:I gotta go back to Transformers. I thought Michael Bay said he didn't want Bumblebee to reprise his role as a VW Bug, because he was targeting fast muscle cars. He didn't see a Bug being too eye catching or fast. I know their sponsor was GM. Can anyone confirm this?

See, I heard that it was VW not wanting there car to be used as a war machine, or something like that. As for KI2T making a cameo, I thinkn it could happen, and would be welcomed.
Interesting point on VW's end. I dunno. Maybe they're done with war representation. I think Hitler's car was a V Dub.

Knight_uk
Volunteer

Post by Knight_uk » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:34 am

BlueChaos wrote:I would actually like it if they change the name from "Attack Mode" to "KNIGHT MODE", and then for the KNIGHT MODE use the pilot Attack Mode car albeit with simple modifications (lose the high rear spoilers please). I think the pilot Attack Mode car is a very suitable car to be called a Knight Rider car, with the rims all black and the tail lights all painted black too.

I could be wrong here but I'm sure I read somewhere that the car in bits in Dr. Graiman's garage at the start of the pilot wasn't actually a Trans-Am. Thats why it was covered up and you only got a glimpse of it, I am sure I read that and the article/post stated what kind of car it was but I can't remember. It had the KITT wheels on I know that but to me the shape of it didn't look right. Sadly I think that if KI2T does appear in KR08 it will be in a similar vein to KR2000 and he will be a box.

Like I say I could be wrong.

I agree on Attack Mode, that ricer sucks big time.
MK: All these buttons and gadgets and there's no radio?
K.I.T.T.: What would you like to hear?

NeoRanger
FLAG Recruit

Post by NeoRanger » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:47 am

Mathyus wrote: See, I heard that it was VW not wanting there car to be used as a war machine, or something like that. As for KI2T making a cameo, I thinkn it could happen, and would be welcomed.
You're both correct, to an extend. VW had forbidden a war robot to be represented by one of their models several years ago. At the same time, Bay in one of his interviews had said that for him "Herbie was the VW bug", so he wanted to pick something different anyway. Not sure about him not wanting a bug in his loud movie, though I wouldn't put it past him either.