Save Knight Rider Posted on NBC Entertainment News

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Save Knight Rider Posted on NBC Entertainment News

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:04 pm

I have been a strong advocate of saving Knight Rider from the possibility of cancellation due to faltering ratings. A lot of fans are trying to save Knight Rider.

Personally, on December 4, 2008 I authored and created an online petition to save Knight Rider from cancellation, so far 1463 people have signed the petition, including two cast members of Knight Rider,Paul Campbell and Smith Cho.

The people who manage the KnightRiderOnline.com site are working on a letter writing campaigning to get NBC to listen to people who watch the show regularly but are not counted in the ratings system because they don't have a ratings box.

I was amazed at the response to the petition from people all over the United States, the UK,Brazil,Germany even Australia people really like the new Knight Rider series.

It is my sincere hope the two efforts combined will convince NBC to sign on or a second season of Knight Rider.

It is very easy for people who like the show to sign the petition or download the preformed letters. Just go to http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and viewtopic.php?f=1049&t=13594for the first letter and viewtopic.php?f=1049&t=13603 for the 2nd letter.

After the reboot, Knight Rider episodes are getting better, and there is no other show like Knight Rider in the crime drama or sci-fi venues. It is a stand alone show that is headed in the right direction; just like Star Trek TNG had a very slow start it ended up running for 7 years and is hailed as one of the best shows in the Start Trek franchise. Knight Rider can do the same.

Tony Pizighelli
Bridgeport CT
http://www.pizighelli.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
Keep Knight Rider Rolling
One Person Can Make a Difference.
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Re: Save Knight Rider Posted on NBC Entertainment News

Post by PunkMaister » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:32 pm

I hope to God it does work but there are also tons and tons of haters out there not just relishing the show's possible cancellation and demise of the KR franchise altogether but are doing everything and I mean everything in their power to make their dream a reality...

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:39 pm

I signed this a long time ago and really like the idea but unfortunately a lot of people including some of KRO's very own (I won't name names) have said it wouldn't work etc. etc. but I hope it does. On the other hand I don't see how this topic has anything to do with the name of the topic except for the petition. I don't see any reference to NBC Entertainment News anywhere. Am I missing something or what? :?
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:58 pm

This is the substance of a post on NBC entertainment news. I haveto get the link and post here.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!
http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:26 am

wait........... u sent a thing to NBC News and they posted that?
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:31 am

Yes,Under entertainment news. You can submit your own story.
http://www.nbc.com/news/news-from-you/submit/
I submitted the above stroy.
I recieved a response the story will be posted shortly.
I am waiting for the link and I'll post it here.
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:45 am

SWEEET!
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:11 am

Cool Tony! Keep up the great work. :good:

I sent in a video with MJ Knight's help to Jay Leno.. but who knows if he will use it or not. But the more places we can think to spread this the better.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:16 am

Sue wrote:Cool Tony! Keep up the great work. :good:

I sent in a video with MJ Knight's help to Jay Leno.. but who knows if he will use it or not. But the more places we can think to spread this the better.
That's awesome Sue, you're the best!

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:15 am

What kind of Video was sent to Jay Leno?
~Jay Leno

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:51 am

Sue wrote:Cool Tony! Keep up the great work. :good:

Jay Leno is one of the people mocking KR. There was a video of him where he drives KITT. But I've seen on more than one occasion during his Tonight Show monologue where he makes disparaging remarks about KR08 including "Did you know NBC is bringing back KR? Why would you do that?" and "This whole KR thing on NBC, how stupid is that." I'd be very surprised if he lent a helping hand regarding this campaign to keep KR alive.

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:40 am

Yea but during his monologue he is sarcastic, but when he does his Garage show, he is pretty normal.
~Jay Leno

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Oh ok I follow you now Tony. Awsome. The more help we get the better. SAVE KNIGHT RIDER 2008!!!!

Hope he uses your video to Sue.

the original KITT
Operative

Post by the original KITT » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:15 pm

Tony P Knight Driver wrote:I have been a strong advocate of saving Knight Rider from the possibility of cancellation due to faltering ratings. A lot of fans are trying to save Knight Rider.

Personally, on December 4, 2008 I authored and created an online petition to save Knight Rider from cancellation, so far 1463 people have signed the petition, including two cast members of Knight Rider,Paul Campbell and Smith Cho.

The people who manage the KnightRiderOnline.com site are working on a letter writing campaigning to get NBC to listen to people who watch the show regularly but are not counted in the ratings system because they don't have a ratings box.

I was amazed at the response to the petition from people all over the United States, the UK,Brazil,Germany even Australia people really like the new Knight Rider series.

It is my sincere hope the two efforts combined will convince NBC to sign on or a second season of Knight Rider.

It is very easy for people who like the show to sign the petition or download the preformed letters. Just go to http://www.gopetition.com/online/23816.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and viewtopic.php?f=1049&t=13594for the first letter and viewtopic.php?f=1049&t=13603 for the 2nd letter.

After the reboot, Knight Rider episodes are getting better, and there is no other show like Knight Rider in the crime drama or sci-fi venues. It is a stand alone show that is headed in the right direction; just like Star Trek TNG had a very slow start it ended up running for 7 years and is hailed as one of the best shows in the Start Trek franchise. Knight Rider can do the same.

Tony Pizighelli
Bridgeport CT
http://www.pizighelli.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
O thats well wicked, yh i created the post "save Knight rider" in a hope that more people will sign the petition when i realiased that it was just over 1000. Nearly over 300 people have seen my post so it was sucessfull, also have it as my signature.

HOPEFULLY THE PETITION WORKS - USUALLY DOES :D

:kitt:
Michael:“KITT I NEED YAH!”
Kitt:“ON MY WAY MICHAEL!”

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:55 pm

By the way the petition just went over the 1500 mark today!
We've gotten 32 signatures today alone. IMO this is a sign of growing support of the show.

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:51 pm

Here is the Link to the story about us trying to save KR, on NBC /Entertainment news.
Not sure why they didn't post the whole story but did give a link to KRO..
http://www.nbc.com/news/heroes/news-fro ... ght-rider/

Maybe KRO can link to the letters and the petiton under a Save Knight Rider Link on the homepage???
nbc story.jpg
nbc story.jpg (157.14 KiB) Viewed 13588 times
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:59 pm

dont want to brust ur bubble i check out ur site.........they have the wrong source link for me its says "www.knightonline.com" then i click it, its goes over to the Heroes site
~Jay Leno

Tony P Knight Driver
Operative

Post by Tony P Knight Driver » Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:22 pm

God I love NBC..
I'll try to get it fixed.. Who can say DUHHH
Tony P.
The Knight Driver
SUPPORT KNIGHT RIDER!

tyrone
Volunteer
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by tyrone » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:42 am

ive posted my vote on your petition and got my mates on facebook to do same. the more people are made aware of this being swept under the rug. they will realise what a major mistake they have made. save kr 2008 :good: :kitt:

.:!FILDA!:.
Operative
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982
Location: Jirikov, Usti region, Czech Repubilc (Jiříkov, Ústecký kraj, Česká Republika)

Post by .:!FILDA!:. » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:47 am

Now is not possible SAVE KNIGHT RIDER, I'm afraid. :( :( :(
Please excuse my english, I'm still learning. Thanks!
!!! FAN FROM CZECH REPUBLIC !!!

.:!FILDA!:.