Knight Rider vs American Idol

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

djshag69
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Knight Rider vs American Idol

Post by djshag69 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:33 pm

Not sure if i should have created a new post about this, and trust me i wanna be as positive as i can be about the show. And there is still a lot of hope left in getting a second season, but my question is how do we compete with 31.7 million viewers a week?
Ice rider coming 2009

knight14
Volunteer

Re: Knight Rider vs American Idol

Post by knight14 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:57 pm

DJ, I'll tell you this much, I don't really think NBC will dump Knight Rider just solely on Idol. I think NBC knows darn well that even if you put Idol up against say a show like "Chuck" that even Idol would still come out the winner. I really think NBC just wants Knight Rider to surpass NBC's own goals to determine if a 2nd season is worthy not because of going head to head with Idol.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:05 pm

Look at how the show did against Dancing With the Hasbeens and Never were Stars and compare the ratings, subtract Bones from the equation since that's movie and don't bother with ABC. The only competition will be AI and CBS sitcoms... If they're not on hiatus. AI hasn't been doing as well as it has in the past and I hope it falls even more this year.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

djshag69
Operative

Post by djshag69 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:38 pm

i seee where you guys are coming from, that does make sense. actually if that's the case that is a very positive note.
Ice rider coming 2009

Skav
FLAG Operative

Post by Skav » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:40 am

There is nothing you can do about Idol. Let that reign as it will. KR will never be no.1 anyway, as long as it's in the top 3 or 4 I'd be happy.

You would be wasting your time and trying to accomplish the impossible. Idol is an already established show that has a worldwide following, the new KR show has basically just begun in comparison.

In fact there is no comparison.
Love boxing? http://www.ringnews24.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:52 pm

I agree that going up against AI will greatly hurt us but we can't just give up we have to get the word out, watch ourselves, and keep our heads high. If we do these things it will greatly raise our chances for a second season.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:32 am

Skav wrote:There is nothing you can do about Idol. Let that reign as it will. KR will never be no.1 anyway, as long as it's in the top 3 or 4 I'd be happy.

You would be wasting your time and trying to accomplish the impossible. Idol is an already established show that has a worldwide following, the new KR show has basically just begun in comparison.

In fact there is no comparison.
It's not the ranking that matters, it's the number of viewers, specifically in the 18-34 and 18-49 demographics. Both of which, with the total number of viewers, KR is doing quite poorly with. If the show was still just number three and maintained the 7M+ viewers then NBC probably would still be on it, not great ratings but at least somewhat in line with what their other shows are doing. But that 2M drop really hurt it.

On the bright side, its total number of viewers is still better than Bionic Woman near the end, heh.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar: