"One Man Can Make A Difference" Is Finally Referenced

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

t.b.77b
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

"One Man Can Make A Difference" Is Finally Referenced

Post by t.b.77b » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:08 pm

On "Billy's Notes From The Underground" the most famous quote from TOS is referenced indirectly. It's not much but it might put the people who are outraged that it hasn't even been referenced to ease even though the actually line is never said it's a start.
Change you can believe in...

January 21, 03:22 PM

This has been a week of contradictions. I don't work at the same place, but I do work at the same location. My friend is no longer my co-worker. She is now my boss, but still my friend. I feel like I'm living in a riddle.

Or maybe I'm now living in some kind of alternate universe where yes is no, up is down, and maybe is, well... I guess maybe stays maybe, even in a mirror universe.

I'm sorry if this doesn't make any sense. But I'm still trying to make some sense of it myself. Seven days ago, I had everything taken from me -- my computer, my cell phone, every personal item I kept at work, even my collectible (and very rare) Dr. Who ice cube trays! Seriously, who takes someone else's ice cube trays?!? Of what matter to national security could be my ice cube trays! I was scared to go home, I was so worried about what might be waiting there for me. But today, no one can bother us. We can do what we want. We can help who we want to help.

Or, to put it another way...

A week ago, I worked at a company with hundreds of employees, a massive government contract, and the combined resources of the FBI, CIA, and even NASA at our disposal. Today I work with three other people. That's it. No government contract. No unlimited resources. They say it only takes one man to make a difference... I hope they're right, whoever they are, because that's pretty much what we are now. But you know what? I think we can totally do it.
Here's a link to where I found this http://blog.nbc.com/billysblog/
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Re: "One Man Can Make A Difference" Is Finally Referenced

Post by K.A.C.I. » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:12 pm

Any particular reason you posted this twice?
Having said that...YAY!
Nice to see it, even if it's not in the series itself.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:13 pm

Actually he is wrong about the lack of resources, because Sarah is more than loaded to rebuild FLAG hire whatever personnel they might require and even buy her own fleet of C-130s to replace the one that crashed to ferry KITT around whenever the need arises...

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:15 pm

K.A.C.I. wrote:Any particular reason you posted this twice?
Having said that...YAY!
Nice to see it, even if it's not in the series itself.
I did it on accident. I just asked Neps to remove one for me. My internet stalled and I didn't think it posted the first time and obviously it did. Oh well.

Edit: I figured out how to remove it so now there's only one post. Sorry for the confusion.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:27 pm

PunkMaister wrote:Actually he is wrong about the lack of resources, because Sarah is more than loaded to rebuild FLAG hire whatever personnel they might require and even buy her own fleet of C-130s to replace the one that crashed to ferry KITT around whenever the need arises...
Yeah, but she didn't exactly say that in front of Billy.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Lynda414 wrote:
PunkMaister wrote:Actually he is wrong about the lack of resources, because Sarah is more than loaded to rebuild FLAG hire whatever personnel they might require and even buy her own fleet of C-130s to replace the one that crashed to ferry KITT around whenever the need arises...
Yeah, but she didn't exactly say that in front of Billy.
True he did not know that at the time...

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:33 pm

Yeah it took "Billy's" blog to do that though I guess in some way it was referenced by Charles but not flat out said.

What's with the weak altering of the President's seal for a FLAG emblem/logo? O_o
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:08 pm

dumb question but were is the create topic button cause i have a new topic quesstion lol
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:10 pm

MIKEMAC wrote:dumb question but were is the create topic button cause i have a new topic quesstion lol
On the top of the topics page.

MIKEMAC
FLAG Recruit

Post by MIKEMAC » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:11 pm

t.b.77b wrote:
MIKEMAC wrote:dumb question but were is the create topic button cause i have a new topic quesstion lol
it's not there that's why i asked. So weird
**true happiness is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel it's warmth**
Please check out my Knight Rider site at
http://www.knightriderforever.tk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:11 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Yeah it took "Billy's" blog to do that though I guess in some way it was referenced by Charles but not flat out said.

What's with the weak altering of the President's seal for a FLAG emblem/logo? O_o
No idea, to be honest I had no inkling it resembled the president's emblem 'till you mentioned it, maybe GST got caught in the darn Obamania as well? :!: >_>

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:32 pm

Obama needs to start wearing red and yellow, grow a Fu-Manchu mustache and wear a bandanna and end every sentence with a "brother".
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:53 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Obama needs to start wearing red and yellow, grow a Fu-Manchu mustache and wear a bandanna and end every sentence with a "brother".
:lol: :mrgreen: LMAO :mrgreen: :lol:

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:55 pm

MIKEMAC wrote:
t.b.77b wrote:
O idk then that's a question for Neil

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:21 pm

MIKEMAC wrote:
t.b.77b wrote:
You have to enter one of the KR 08 sub-forums first, like KR08 General Discussion, then you should see it.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:03 am

Fantastic, Billy! Now we shall see in Wednesday, this new team in action. :good:

* sees Sarah humming a tune while secretly fiddling with her Swiss bank account again *
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:01 pm

I really, really hope that emblem isn't going to be the official FLAG logo though... That's beyond lazy. Is a Knight chess piece trademarked or something?

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:12 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:I really, really hope that emblem isn't going to be the official FLAG logo though... That's beyond lazy. Is a Knight chess piece trademarked or something?
Sorry to be literal because I know you were probably being sarcastic but I looked it up and all of the trademarks from the original series have expired so from what I have found their is no reason they couldn't use the chess piece logo.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:26 pm

t.b.77b wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:I really, really hope that emblem isn't going to be the official FLAG logo though... That's beyond lazy. Is a Knight chess piece trademarked or something?
Sorry to be literal because I know you were probably being sarcastic but I looked it up and all of the trademarks from the original series have expired so from what I have found their is no reason they couldn't use the chess piece logo.
Did the original FLAG have it's own logo? Or did they just go with the Knight Industries Chess Piece? I want to find a logo for my site, but it looks like I might have to make one myself *frown*

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Lynda414 wrote:
t.b.77b wrote:
Did the original FLAG have it's own logo? Or did they just go with the Knight Industries Chess Piece? I want to find a logo for my site, but it looks like I might have to make one myself *frown*
I don't remember FLAG ever having a logo except for the Chess Piece on the semi. The trademarks I looked up are all of the ones that were licensed to Universal Studios under the name KR but I don't know what each on looked like because the patent website did not have pictures of what they looked like.

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:37 pm

I'll prolly have to update the chess piece logo myself then. It's been twenty years, I am sure the logo has had a facelift since then. I just suck at this sort of thing though...

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:06 pm

PunkMaister wrote:
PHOENIXZERO wrote:Yeah it took "Billy's" blog to do that though I guess in some way it was referenced by Charles but not flat out said.

No idea, to be honest I had no inkling it resembled the president's emblem 'till you mentioned it, maybe GST got caught in the darn Obamania as well? :!: >_>
That doesn't look anything like Obama's sigil. The only thing it has in common is its circular nature.

As for the logo....I think it's actually from Team Knight Rider, can anyone back this up?
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:14 pm

Lunchmeat, the Presidential Seal is a standard emblem used for the office (it was on floor of the Oval Office at one point also), it doesn't change from president to president, I don't remember if they used that in TKR but I doubt it.
t.b.77b wrote:
I meant trademarked by another person or company now that would prevent them from using it. Still, I just hope they aren't taking the Presidential Seal, it'd just be cheap (fair use) and just lazy, like I already said, heh.

lunchmeat
FLAG Recruit

Post by lunchmeat » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:37 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:Lunchmeat, the Presidential Seal is a standard emblem used for the office (it was on floor of the Oval Office at one point also), it doesn't change from president to president, I don't remember if they used that in TKR but I doubt it.
My bad - I thought you were talking about Obama's personal campaign logo, not the actual presidential seal. I stand corrected.
If I am destroyed... ...so shall you be. -KARR

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:47 pm

PHOENIXZERO wrote:
t.b.77b wrote:
I meant trademarked by another person or company now that would prevent them from using it. Still, I just hope they aren't taking the Presidential Seal, it'd just be cheap (fair use) and just lazy, like I already said, heh.
O IDK about that I thought you ment from the old show. Now I got what ya mean.