A Note to All

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

A Note to All

Post by Matthew » Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:17 pm

Hi guys,

I know that tensions are running high at the moment, but enough is enough.

At this point in time, some of you have said and done enough to warrant immediate suspensions, and given the nature of what’s been said in certain cases, a number of those suspensions will be forthcoming in due course, as we will no longer allow our community to be turned into a war zone that harbours troublemakers.

Those of you that are responsible know who you are, and if you truly care about this community, you will admit your wrongdoing, and take the punishment that’s dealt without complaint.

As for those of you that have remained in control of your civility, we thank you, as you’re the ones who make our hard work worthwhile.

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

Matthew
Site Administrator

Re: A Note to All

Post by Matthew » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:31 pm

I’ve noticed that comments in a similar vein to those of earlier today are still being made. As such, warnings will be applied to the accounts of anyone that attempts to keep troublesome and derogatory comments at the forefront of our minds.

I know this may seem harsh to some of you, but whether you want to be positive or negative about the show, you need to do it politely, and not stoop to the level that certain others have, as you run the risk of joining them on their vacation from the community.

Matt

TravisKnight01
Recruit

Post by TravisKnight01 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:59 pm

Matt am i one of the ones on the list just curious?

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:01 pm

Well, if you can post and you didn't get a PM, I'd imagine not.

Hmm, I thought this was locked. O_o
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:53 pm

Hi Travis,

No, you're not on the list, and barring a recurance and/or continuation in the days ahead, I consider this particular matter to have been dealt with. :good:

Matt

KnightINSTINCT
FLAG Recruit

Post by KnightINSTINCT » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:29 am

Just pointing out the obvious here: suspending peoples' accounts from KRO isn't going to stop anyone throwing out their opinions. If words said feel valid enough in their (my) own minds, they are going to be said. But then again, I'm not quite sure where you draw the line....I should probably have read the regulations this board carried before posting my first threads.

It is sad that this show has brought up a lot of tempers (again, I include myself), and fans hoping their opinions with what should be and what should not for the series be heard, all because this site has been the most relied on for over 14 years on joining all who have loved Knight Rider, has actually started tearing apart. I can only imagine the longevity the support KRO will carry on if the series gets dumped. I applaud your efforts on trying to keep the house clean.

Good luck with the regulations. If I am one (I really should be if you haven't already considered), then peace out to everyone. knightINSTINCT will just carry on a new handle.

:kitt:

knight14
Volunteer

Post by knight14 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:37 am

I think what makes it look bad for knight Rider fans of all ages is to have a poster just say "Cancel the stupid show" and it angers people. Obviously the show can take criticism (any show does) but to have someone like "Mr. Marcus" (who claims he's a fan of the KR franchise :roll: ) and say "This show needs to be canceled", that's not a fan that's just someone who enjoys pissing people off.

BlueChaos
FLAG Recruit

Post by BlueChaos » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:42 am

Just a quick question, Matthew.
Did the Quick Reply feature get turned off because of these incidents?

*missing the Quick Reply feature*
"If Darth Vader had a KITT bathroom, then he would have ruled the galaxy far far away since a long long time ago..." *LASER!* :good:

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:37 am

Matthew wrote:Hi guys,

I know that tensions are running high at the moment, but enough is enough.

At this point in time, some of you have said and done enough to warrant immediate suspensions, and given the nature of what’s been said in certain cases, a number of those suspensions will be forthcoming in due course, as we will no longer allow our community to be turned into a war zone that harbours troublemakers.

Those of you that are responsible know who you are, and if you truly care about this community, you will admit your wrongdoing, and take the punishment that’s dealt without complaint.

As for those of you that have remained in control of your civility, we thank you, as you’re the ones who make our hard work worthwhile.

Matt
Just wondering am i ok now? I know I've been an idot in the past, but I think I've been ok since my last ban.
Please let me know if you would.

many thanks...

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:00 pm

BlueChaos wrote:Just a quick question, Matthew.
Did the Quick Reply feature get turned off because of these incidents?

*missing the Quick Reply feature*
Hi BlueChaos,

I'm actually not sure what's happened to the Quick Reply feature. I have been meaning to ask about it though, so I'll look into it whilst it's fresh in my mind, and get back to you and the other guys who've asked about it later on. :good:

Matt

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:10 pm

How about me Matthew, will you tell me if things are ok as far as my current posting are?
I'd appricate it.

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:16 pm

whet wrote:How about me Matthew, will you tell me if things are ok as far as my current posting are?
I'd appricate it.
Matthew wrote:I’ve noticed that comments in a similar vein to those of earlier today are still being made. As such, warnings will be applied to the accounts of anyone that attempts to keep troublesome and derogatory comments at the forefront of our minds.

Matt
I'd guess if you have'nt received one your in good standing. :good:

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:32 pm

whet wrote:How about me Matthew, will you tell me if things are ok as far as my current posting are?
I'd appricate it.
Patience is a virtue Whet,

But as far as I know, you've been ok since that last incident, so as long as you don’t create any new problems, all should be fine. :good:

Matt

ronni3
Operative

Post by ronni3 » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:51 pm

matthew.....we respect what u do....u are trying to maintain a quorum of peace....and whsoever wants to make comments which are of a negative nature please do so pilitely...i just hope im not one of the crowd u tawk about...and if i have said anything to any1 i apologise....
"If I may attempt a colloquialism of my own, Thanks Brosef" K.I.T.T

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:14 pm

Matthew wrote:
I'd appricate it.
Patience is a virtue Whet,

But as far as I know, you've been ok since that last incident, so as long as you don’t create any new problems, all should be fine. :good:

Matt

Ok thanks. so lets agree to put that behind us, and leaved the past in the past :good:

weeezl
KRO Podcaster (retired)

Post by weeezl » Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:27 pm

whet wrote: Ok thanks. so lets agree to put that behind us, and leaved the past in the past :good:

We all go through strange phases mate, often we do some silly things at the time which we later regret.

I dont mean to come across in any other way than I understand that things get said out of current moods and in haste, that mostly we dont mean.

Its no bad thing at all, its a human thing, plain and simple. :good:

t.b.77b
Operative

Post by t.b.77b » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Thanks Matt for posting this. I hadn't really thought of how bad KRO was getting until the "Let It Die!!!" topic and that topic has gotten way out of hand. So I applaud you for posting this and getting peoples attention. And even though we all have different opinion I think it is important not to jump to the gun especially on a website like this where your posts can be easily misunderstood.
Save the series! Save the world!
Tell you friends to tune in Wednesdays at 8 p.m.

Sky_Blue_Civic
FLAG Operative

Post by Sky_Blue_Civic » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:21 pm

Yeah, I agree the "Let it Die!!!" topic is what's made KRO a battleground, or a debate forum instead of a place where we can talk about it...whether we like it or not.
Congratulations!By reading this signature,KITT's AWESOMENESS has increased by ONE POINT!
So far KITT's power level is OVER 9,000!!!!
Petition #9

BlackKitt
Rookie

Post by BlackKitt » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:39 pm

I come back and world war III is going on, go figure. :?

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:53 pm

BlackKitt wrote:I come back and world war III is going on, go figure. :?
No, actually I think you probably missed it all. There might be a few threads here or there that get bumped back up, but I don't think they are a good indication of the current environment. We probably don't need this sticky any longer.
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

Matthew
Site Administrator

Post by Matthew » Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:13 pm

Well, I'm not planning to un-sticky this for a while yet, as it'll serve to remind the people that forced me to create this thread that a repeat performance won't be tolerated any time soon. :good:

Matt