The story so far...

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

madmanmalk
Recruit

The story so far...

Post by madmanmalk » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:29 am

I decided to clear things up by writing a short summary of whats happened so far, please tell me if im wrong!

KARR was built first by Dr.Graiman for the NSA to be used in the war however he killed the wrong people and was shut down. We pick things up again when Dr.Graiman builds KITT and asks Mike to drive it. The FBI were very much in on this aswell so under Dr.Graimans orders they set up the SSC. The FBI wanted to turn on KARR as we see in an episode where Torres argues with Dr.Graiman about it. Dr.graiman believes that the SSC will be in the way of KARR being activated. I think Dr.Graiman all the time wanted to set up F.L.A.G however with the FBI involved it would have been impossible. When he dies the NSA persuade the new "director" (Torres) to activate KARR. Since Graiman is dead they have noone to go against the option. Graiman has allready predicted that this would occour so he made precautions to stop KARR. With the FBI and the NSA out of the way i guess they will presume an antonymous organisation such as F.L.A.G.

Do you think the writers has planned this from day 1?

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Re: The story so far...

Post by GT500KR » Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:37 am

probably
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:29 pm

I think the story got fiddled with and diluted but basically here is what happened...

1. The Pentagon, NSA, and Knight Research (which would be called Knight Industries in the original series) jointly developed the KARR project which was to create an AI enhanced armored vehicle for use in infiltrating terrorist hotspots. At some point, KARR went bonkers after learning too much, and started to program himself. That led to his rampage and being shut down. The unfortunate problem with the new KARR story is that we simply don't know much of anything beyond a basic summary of what happened from Dr. Graiman.

2. The FBI involvement is really just a cover for the NSA and military oversight of the project. If the KITT project went bad like the KARR project did, it would hang around the neck of the FBI.

3. I don't think the writers planned a transition to FLAG though that was the original intent of the telefilm which is not part of the show continuity.

Harry Singh Jr.
Operative
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by Harry Singh Jr. » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:19 pm

I'm just curious to see how there going go with the re-opening of FLAGG. Are the going to continue to get rid of more history from the old show. Or will they tie show by giving us answers of what happened to FLAGG and why it went down.

Lexicon
Operative

Post by Lexicon » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:25 pm

From what little has been said by GST, they are going to reveal a bit of what happened to FLAG and Michael Knight (as they are in GST's reinvented continuity). What that means, we simply don't know.

madmanmalk
Recruit

Post by madmanmalk » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:27 pm

I think that they wanted to start a new KITT story line for the first 8 episodes but they eventually realised that they really did need to go back to the TOS style of writing and TOS stroy line. If u look at it then the first 8 episdoes are just missions then from there it gets more TOS like and intresting with some connection to the original story line.

This means that we here at the forums produce enough majority to see what happens in the show (power to the people) or theres someone on the inside in NBC and the show that has figured they need to turns things around

Knight007
FLAG Assistant

Post by Knight007 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:46 am

madmanmalk wrote:I think that they wanted to start a new KITT story line for the first 8 episodes but they eventually realised that they really did need to go back to the TOS style of writing and TOS stroy line. If u look at it then the first 8 episdoes are just missions then from there it gets more TOS like and intresting with some connection to the original story line.

This means that we here at the forums produce enough majority to see what happens in the show (power to the people) or theres someone on the inside in NBC and the show that has figured they need to turns things around
could be, any way i hope the show improves and the story get better :dash: