Letter to Angela Bromst

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Letter to Angela Bromst

Post by GT500KR » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:57 pm

Here is my rough draft letter to Angela Bromst, tell me what u think, please no stupid negative stuff, also if u think i should add anything please due to tell

thank you

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To: Ms. Angela Bromst
100 Universal City Plaza
Building 1320E 4th Floor
Universal City, CA 91608
Topic: NBC Knight Rider
Date: Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dear Ms. Bromst
Hello Ms. Bromst, my name is Matt, I am a fan of the new series Knight Rider which airs on your network.

I have been debating about writing a letter to you or NBC in general about the series, because apart of me feels that you or a secretary will read it and throw it in the trash and not care what a fan has to say and not mention it to anyone. I read a report according to Yahoo News it mentions NBC: “The network executive's enthusiasm doesn't extend to the new sitcom "Kath & Kim" and "Knight Rider." The two shows were "fair tries" but aren't holding up in the ratings, she said. She called them "indicative of shows that may or may not be coming back." I read the ratings from Nielson, but I don’t understand how it works, because not everyone has a ratings box. During the 8pm EST hour, Knight Rider has major competition, with FOX show Bones, American Idol and ABC show Lost. Also those shows been on for many seasons so it has their fan base, but this is Knight Rider first season. I feel maybe if Knight Rider was on a different night or a different hour, I think it could succeed in the ratings.

If you or NBC were expecting Knight Rider to have high ratings due to its original tie of the 1980’s version of Knight Rider, you are right and wrong at the same time. However this version of Knight Rider is reaching to a whole new generation of Knight Rider fans that never heard or seen the original series. Recently on the “Knight Writers” blog about the pervious episode “Knight to King’s Pawn” someone asked “Who is Wilton Knight” and “What is special about KARR.” It proves that there is a new generation of fans. According to the ratings at the beginning of season it has high ratings then after the “Obama commercial” thing, ratings dropped to what they are now. However the bright thing you have to look at it stays steady in its ratings position. Also I read somewhere that Knight Rider is 8th overall in DVR ratings or something like that, so that has to be good right? Also you have to factor in that the 4-6 million with ratings boxes they aren’t the only ones watching the show, you have the people in other countries, people without the ratings boxes and also the people that watch it online or from their DVR.

If NBC or you get a lot of mail that says something like “Knight Rider must be stop now, its ruining the legacy of Knight Rider” and so on, those people, in my opinion, want it to be 1982 again and have David Hasselhoff and KITT with the voice of William Daniels back on NBC, with KITT being a Trans/Am again. However I love the new KITT as the Shelby GT500KR, it’s a beautiful car. The “Haters/nitpickers” will always find something to complain about this new series, because like I said before they want it to be like the original series.
Knight Rider episodes have been getting better and better since episode 10 with the transition into the “Reboot/Retool” of Knight Rider that will occur. If any of you go onto NBC Knight Rider Board, or KnightRideronline.com you have a lot of support for the show. Though with the recent episode that had KARR, was a good episode from start to finish, but the fight scene was kind of a let down to me because I was hoping maybe a longer fight, but MasterKeyFilms did an awesome job on the fight. I also understand that the budget might of have been trimmed down since NBC removal of the further production of episodes of 18-22. People might be in an outrage because they wanted a back story like if this KARR is the same as KARR from the original series, like in Season 3 of Knight Rider episode “KITT vs KARR”, they have their battle but then the camera rolls over KARR parts and shows his CPU is still blinking.

Some people are complaining about the transformation and say its “Transformers” just with the Knight Rider title listed. However I do not mind the transformation because not in the episodes they don’t transform every single minute.

I have been “updating” about Knight Rider on TeamShelby.com/Forums, and recently I had a poll about if they “Like or Dislike” Knight Rider the people that participated in the poll about more than 75% of them said they liked the show, because of the Shelby GT500KR plus its fun to watch.

The one thing I don’t like about Knight Rider, but its just a minor thing, is the updated version of the Attack Mode compared to the Pilot Movie Attack Mode.

PILOT ATTACK MODE SERIES ATTACK MODE

~~~~~~PICS OF THE CARS GO HERE~~~~

The Pilot Attack Mode was simple and looks like a stealth GT500KR, however the Series Attack Mode, looks like half “ricer”, half dragster. If Gary Scott Thompson (GST) and NBC wanted to keep the Series Attack Mode for a potential second season, I would like a different hood, without the air intake, or if no-one changes that, at least change the rims to the ones like on the Pilot Attack Mode, because I think its looks stupid with the front rim is bigger than the rear rim.

I believe GST is trying to make the best possible Knight Rider TV show with all the resources that has been given to him. If the money isn’t there GST can’t make a better Knight Rider to draw in more viewers and possible make the ratings go up. However, NBC lack of commercials for the show hasn’t been great, how are you going to expect to get more viewers if you don’t promote the show? Why can’t Deanna Russo or Justin Bruening to make an appearance on your networks Talk shows like Jay Leno or Conan O’brien?
I understand Knight Rider wouldn’t pick up right from the original series because it has been 25 years. With the recent episode “Knight to King’s Pawn” it was great to have a reference to Wilton Knight and FLAG: Foundation for Life and Government. I really want to see Knight Rider to make a return to NBC next fall, if not NBC maybe switch it over to one of your cable channels, like the USA Network.

I don’t watch many programs on your network, except for Knight Rider, The Office, or occasionally Tonight Show with Jay Leno. However I don’t much TV in general except for a NBA or College Basketball game. Some shows 1st seasons aren’t the greatest, for instance, I thought The Office was pretty stupid, but it started getting better with the second season, and look how great the show has become.
To me Knight Rider was made for me to relax on the couch and enjoy an hour on Wednesday nights. Please don’t take that away from me and other millions of people that watch the show. I don’t care if the show is “unrealistic” it’s a fun show to enjoy. However the girls in bikini’s or other sexual reference could be tone down so we can have more real driving scenes for KITT.

This show has been the greatest continuation of Knight Rider since the 1980’s. Team Knight Rider, Knight Rider 2000, and Knight Rider 2010 are no match compared to this new series.
In the original series, Wilton Knight said “One man can make a difference” but in your case “One woman can make a difference.” Please don’t take Knight Rider away from us. Please consider a second season; I think it could be great if GST and NBC could make an excellent second season.

Thank you for your time and reading this, hope you take your time determine the future of Knight Rider.
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

Kram061-1
FLAG Recruit

Re: Letter to Angela Bromst

Post by Kram061-1 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:07 pm

Don't get OFF the topic. If you start writing about good vs bad aspect of the show you are going to lose their attention. Just write about how much you enjoy the show and support it and would like to see it continue. If you are going to write about specific likes vs. dislikes, send a separate letter from this one and address it to GST or Dave Andron. But do not start getting to specific to detail about little things you do and do NOT like, just tell her you love the show and support it and want to see a second season. That's it.

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:14 pm

It would also be helpful to have her last name right, Bromstad
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:33 pm

Nice Idea, but do these kind of people take any notice I ask myself?
Be good if they did.

Let us know if you get any kind of response won't you?

I wish you the best of luck with it..

rickth64
Volunteer

Post by rickth64 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained ;)

ianruk
Rookie

Post by ianruk » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:47 pm

personally i wouldnt add the stuff about attack mode and so on because that has nothing to do with the network,that is the writng stuff that control that not the network so that has no real reason to contract the network about

its stuff like the lack of advertising and cuting things out and then changing the episode dates,thats the kind of stuff that they are doing thats not right

i like the fact you wrote about low ratings because of other high rated shows, that is 1 thing thats important

also cut out the stuff about the kind of car it is because again that has nothing to do with the network, remember your wring to the network not the writers of the show,they are 2 different people and places all together

writers write the show and choose the stuff like cars ,attack mode and transforming,,

network just air the shows and decide date and time and advertising

whet
FLAG Assistant

Post by whet » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:48 pm

rickth64 wrote:Well, nothing ventured, nothing gained ;)
Very true.
:D

Jay
Rookie

Post by Jay » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:00 pm

The letter is great until you start about Attack Mode. Get rid of that bit...
"Alright Mr. KITT, let's burn some rubber!" Knight Song

PHOENIXZERO
FLAG Special Ops

Post by PHOENIXZERO » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:00 pm

Also, the show never had high ratings, it had decent ratings compared to other shows on NBC, but they were by no means great. Ratings for the TV movie might be considered high (12.7M viewers) but the series debuted with about five million less viewers.

*Deletes his rant*

Get rid of the hater/naysayer crap too, name calling is going to cause nothing but trouble and does nothing for your letter but bring in unneeded negativity. Just say how much you enjoy the new show and wish for it to continue and how disappointed you will be if it doesn't return in the fall. Tell them you'll boycott NBC even though I don't know how much of a threat that is since the network only has a couple shows worth watching anyway.
The new and again improved evil's advertisement is currently too long and too badass to display here. But let's just say that with now 50% more evil, this **** is great! :twisted: :skar:

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:16 pm

like i said its a rough draft, i am going to edit it down or something tonight.

i didnt know i had the name wrong,
"My wife asks me, why you do those burnouts? Well.....you do it for the kids, you know, Im not being immature. You just.....well you do it for the kids."
~Jay Leno

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:22 pm

whet wrote:Nice Idea, but do these kind of people take any notice I ask myself?
Be good if they did.

Let us know if you get any kind of response won't you?

I wish you the best of luck with it..

i kinda figure they wont care, but doesnt hurt to try
~Jay Leno

Drifty
Rookie

Post by Drifty » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:28 pm

GT500KR wrote:........ to Wilton Knight and FLAG: Foundation for Life and Government.....
Just a small edit......

Foundation for Law & Government.

neps
Site Administrator

Post by neps » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:29 pm

Hey,

I'm working on a page to download pre-formated letters that you print out to sign, mail and send. If anyone wishes to write a good letter for something like this - please let me know!

Neil

Drifty
Rookie

Post by Drifty » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:29 pm

GT500KR wrote:........ to Wilton Knight and FLAG: Foundation for Life and Government.....
Just a small edit......

Foundation for Law & Government.

Drifty
Rookie

Post by Drifty » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:33 pm

GRRR.....internet froze!!! How do I delete posts???

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:35 pm

Updated Version of the rough draft
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Ms. Bromstad
Hello Ms. Bromstad, my name is Matt, I am a fan of the new series Knight Rider which airs on your network.
I have been debating about writing a letter to you or NBC in general about the series, because apart of me feels that you or a secretary will read it and throw it in the trash and not care what a fan has to say and not mention it to anyone. I read a report according to Yahoo News it mentions NBC: “The network executive's enthusiasm doesn't extend to the new sitcom "Kath & Kim" and "Knight Rider." The two shows were "fair tries" but aren't holding up in the ratings, she said. She called them "indicative of shows that may or may not be coming back." I read the ratings from Nielson, but I don’t understand how it works, because not everyone has a ratings box. During the 8pm EST hour, Knight Rider has major competition, with FOX show Bones, American Idol and ABC show Lost. Also those shows been on for many seasons so it has their fan base, but this is Knight Rider first season. I feel maybe if Knight Rider was on a different night or a different hour, I think it could succeed in the ratings.
If you or NBC were expecting Knight Rider to have high ratings due to its original tie of the 1980’s version of Knight Rider, you are right and wrong at the same time. However this version of Knight Rider is reaching to a whole new generation of Knight Rider fans that never heard or seen the original series. Recently on the “Knight Writers” blog about the pervious episode “Knight to King’s Pawn” someone asked “Who is Wilton Knight” and “What is special about KARR.” It proves that there is a new generation of fans. According to the ratings at the beginning of season it had decent ratings then after the “Obama commercial” thing, ratings dropped to what they are now. However the bright thing you have to look at it stays steady in its ratings position. Also I read somewhere that Knight Rider is 8th overall in DVR ratings or something like that, so that has to be good right? Also you have to factor in that the 4-6 million with ratings boxes they aren’t the only ones watching the show, you have the people in other countries, people without the ratings boxes and also the people that watch it online or from their DVR.
Knight Rider episodes have been getting better and better since episode 10 with the transition into the “Reboot/Retool” of Knight Rider that will occur. If any of you go onto NBC Knight Rider Board, or KnightRideronline.com you have a lot of support for the show. Though with the recent episode that had KARR, was a good episode from start to finish, but the fight scene was kind of a let down to me because I was hoping maybe a longer fight, but MasterKeyFilms did an awesome job on the fight. I also understand that the budget might of have been trimmed down since NBC removal of the further production of episodes 18-22.
I have been “updating” about Knight Rider on TeamShelby.com/Forums, and recently I had a poll about if they “Like or Dislike” Knight Rider the people that participated in the poll about more than 75% of them said they like the show.
I believe GST is trying to make the best possible Knight Rider TV show with all the resources that has been given to him. If the money isn’t there GST can’t make a better Knight Rider to draw in more viewers and possible make the ratings go up. However, NBC lack of commercials for the show hasn’t been great, how are you going to expect to get more viewers if you don’t promote the show? Why can’t Deanna Russo or Justin Bruening to make an appearance on your networks Talk shows like Jay Leno or Conan O’brien?
I understand Knight Rider wouldn’t pick up right from the original series because it has been 25 years. With the recent episode “Knight to King’s Pawn” it was great to have a reference to Wilton Knight and FLAG: Foundation for Life & Government. I really want to see Knight Rider to make a return to NBC next fall, if not NBC maybe switch it over to one of your cable channels, like the USA Network.
I don’t watch many programs on your network, except for Knight Rider, The Office, or occasionally Tonight Show with Jay Leno. However I don’t watch much TV in general except for a NBA or College Basketball game. Some shows 1st seasons aren’t the greatest, for instance, I thought The Office 1st season was pretty stupid, but it started getting better with the second season, and look how great the show has become.
To me Knight Rider was made for me to relax on the couch and enjoy an hour on Wednesday nights. Please don’t take that away from me and other millions of people that watch the show.
This show has been the greatest continuation of Knight Rider since the 1980’s. Team Knight Rider, Knight Rider 2000, and Knight Rider 2010 are no match compared to this new series.
In the original series, Wilton Knight said “One man can make a difference” but in your case “One woman can make a difference.” Please don’t take Knight Rider away from us. Please consider a second season; I believe GST and his writers can make an excellent second season.
Thank you for your time and reading this, hope you take your time determine the future of Knight Rider.
~Jay Leno

ianruk
Rookie

Post by ianruk » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:43 pm

o i forgot to add i know in knight rider it was about 'one man can make a difference'
but in the land of tv companys one man dont mean much

if you want to make it look like loads of people are feeling the same put something like 'me and the whole knightrideronline communite' or something,they will not take notice of 1 person compared to thousdands, if that makes sense?

GT500KR
FLAG Recruit

Post by GT500KR » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:10 pm

i did reference other ppl, i forget where i put it, I think i said please "dont take away it from me and the million of the other viewers"
~Jay Leno

Sue
KRO Field Correspondent

Post by Sue » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:26 pm

neps wrote:Hey,

I'm working on a page to download pre-formated letters that you print out to sign, mail and send. If anyone wishes to write a good letter for something like this - please let me know!

Neil
Dear Angela Bromstad,
We are long time fans of Knight Rider, both old and new. We are fans by every definition of the term, “fanatical.” Over-enthusiastic some might say, but we prefer another synonym, “passionate.” Yes we do buy every Knight Rider product to come into stores, and yes we have been known to leave NBC on during a show we normally do not watch in hopes of catching another Knight Rider commercial. But by passionate we are also people who are dedicated to something that we believe in. We believe in a show that has touched us as children, and has touched many of us who live all around the world. We passionately want to see this show get the chance that it deserves. A chance to be seen by audiences everywhere who we know will love it dearly. We do not have a Nielsen box in our homes, and so we are writing to you now that our voices may be heard.
I am a Knight Rider Fan!
Signed
_________
Hello, I am Sue’s Hybrid Automated Droid One-thousand. But you may call me SHADO.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:34 pm

Sue wrote:

Neil
Dear Angela Bromstad,
We are long time fans of Knight Rider, both old and new. We are fans by every definition of the term, “fanatical.” Over-enthusiastic some might say, but we prefer another synonym, “passionate.” Yes we do buy every Knight Rider product to come into stores, and yes we have been known to leave NBC on during a show we normally do not watch in hopes of catching another Knight Rider commercial. But by passionate we are also people who are dedicated to something that we believe in. We believe in a show that has touched us as children, and has touched many of us who live all around the world. We passionately want to see this show get the chance that it deserves. A chance to be seen by audiences everywhere who we know will love it dearly. We do not have a Nielsen box in our homes, and so we are writing to you now that our voices may be heard.
I am a Knight Rider Fan!
Signed
_________
Awesome I hope they listen...

Lynda414
FLAG Assistant

Post by Lynda414 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:45 pm

Sue wrote:

Neil
Dear Angela Bromstad,
I am a Knight Rider Fan!
Signed
_________
OK, I will print something like this out and send it.

Mr.Marcus
FLAG Recruit

Post by Mr.Marcus » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:00 pm

I am composing a letter in support of cancellation and sending it to NBC. You can thank Punkmaister for motivating me to do it.

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:06 pm

Mr.Marcus wrote:I am composing a letter in support of cancellation and sending it to NBC. You can thank Punkmaister for motivating me to do it.
And you dare call yourself a fan! Yeah right and I'm Spiderman! :roll:

pat329
Recruit

Post by pat329 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:11 pm

JUST LET US KNOW WERE TO SIGN AND I WILL SIGN:KNIGHT RIDER IS REALLY GROWING ON ME AND I WOULD HATE TO SEE IT GO AWAY WITHOUT A FIGHT. :kitt:

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:14 pm

pat329 wrote:JUST LET US KNOW WERE TO SIGN AND I WILL SIGN:KNIGHT RIDER IS REALLY GROWING ON ME AND I WOULD HATE TO SEE IT GO AWAY WITHOUT A FIGHT. :kitt:
Mr Marcus and all the haters like him cannot wait to see this show and the franchise as whole to forever die and even want to help make it happen as evidenced by his posts...