Why couldn't the old KI2T be integrated in this?

Archive for discussions from 2009. Please post new discussions in the appropriate forum.

Moderators: neps, Matthew, Michael Pajaro

madmanmalk
Recruit

Why couldn't the old KI2T be integrated in this?

Post by madmanmalk » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:49 pm

It could have so simply be done, when they need a identical chipset they could have taken it from the old Ki2T. They could have wrapped the whole thing in one go. get in his garage, take the chip while a few casual memories pop up. maybe the old scanner turns on bi accident but nonethe less it could have been done. It boggles my mind why this show misses out on some really good opportunities.

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 0

Re: Why couldn't the old KI2T be integrated in this?

Post by Vegasmike » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:03 pm

I think we should all wait until the bridges to the past are built.

I really disliked STTNG when it first aired, and most of the first season.
Eventually after the show came into it's own, with a few nods to the past it embraced it's roots.
I don't need to go on and list the tributes and conections. We all know them.

Give KR08 a chance to connect to TOS, we all hope they will. Hopfully in a huge way.
Sweeps are coming up in Feb, a good chance to boost (Turbo Boost) the ratings.
Money talkes, but we as fans and consumers can let our voice be heard to the powers that be.
Support the efforts of the entire cast/crew thus far. They have restrictions/budgets/rules to follow.

We want KI2T and Michael Sr to return, and or be a reoccuring role. However let's not push it through so fast that we are dissapointed with the out come.

"Having a thing is not as pleasing as wanting a thing"

If and when that bridge to KRTOS is built, let's make sure it's done right and not hacked together and rushed.
(another 2 hr movie would be nice)

Thanks,
Mike
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

madmanmalk
Recruit

Post by madmanmalk » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:33 pm

True said, I see what u mean, maybe they will have some refrence to it in a few episodes time or in the second season :mrgreen:

Vegasmike
FLAG Recruit

Post by Vegasmike » Thu Jan 22, 2009 4:01 pm

madmanmalk wrote:True said, I see what u mean, maybe they will have some refrence to it in a few episodes time or in the second season :mrgreen:
We've already had references to TOS, they have been a bit clouded though.
I think were waiting for more solid links that hold true to cannon.

:kitt:
Call me Mike.
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2011/09/l ... lebration/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://blog.vegasondemand.com/2010/01/k ... egas-2010/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:54 am

madmanmalk wrote:It could have so simply be done, when they need a identical chipset they could have taken it from the old Ki2T. They could have wrapped the whole thing in one go. get in his garage, take the chip while a few casual memories pop up. maybe the old scanner turns on bi accident but nonethe less it could have been done. It boggles my mind why this show misses out on some really good opportunities.
Again any chipsets from the 1980's would be obsolete by today's standards...

Get this thru your thicks skulls people, 80's hardware is obsolete and unusable by today's standards, the software is another matter...

Matthew
Site Administrator
antispam: No
What year did the original Knight Rider start: 1982

Post by Matthew » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:26 am

Please keep your attitude in check PunkMaister, as we debate the post, and not the poster here. :good:

Matt
Welcome aboard the Knight 2000.

Thank you. What's all this, it looks like Darth Vader's bathroom?

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:11 pm

Matthew wrote:Please keep your attitude in check PunkMaister, as we debate the post, and not the poster here. :good:

Matt
Sorry but it seems ridiculous to me for people to even suggest using obsolete hardware on current systems. If your PC or Laptop gets damaged you do not exchange it's chips for that of a Commodore 64 or even an 80's EGA video IBM PC. You can't, is as simple as that... Now the software as I've said time and time and time again is another matter...

K.A.C.I.
Operative

Post by K.A.C.I. » Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:43 pm

I have to agree with PunkMaister here: The KI2T is obsolete. It's an Apple Macintosh to the KI3T's Macbook Pro.
Knight Autonomous Cyber-Automotive Interceptor

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:05 pm

K.A.C.I. wrote:I have to agree with PunkMaister here: The KI2T is obsolete. It's an Apple Macintosh to the KI3T's Macbook Pro.
Understand that I'm talking about the hardware (Chipset/boards) etc and not the AI software...

DevonStyles
FLAG Recruit

Post by DevonStyles » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:43 pm

I could see the new michael knight in the scene now...

<Mike> What do you mean it can't transform?
edited by the good folks at knightrideronline

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:45 pm

DevonStyles wrote:I could see the new michael knight in the scene now...

<Mike> What do you mean it can't transform?
It's obsolete hardware so it ain't gonna happen!

WIBoomer1
FLAG Recruit

Post by WIBoomer1 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:42 am

Please remember that the K2000 microprocessor was light years ahead of any other processor in that time period. It's not correct to try and compare apples to oranges, and in this case, it'd be like comparing a Mercury space capsule to the Space Shuttle. They both could go into space, but the capacities of each were extremely different.

But in going with my last post, the point is moot, since in this incaration, the K2000 never existed.

Let's say that the K2000 did exist. Much like we do with older software, the new system would probably have some sort of emulator to be able to run the old program. It wouldn't be a perfect seamless emulation, there would be slight variances, as the old program was not designed to be run on the newer hardware. For example, Galaga in the Namco Museum DS, and runs on the Nintendo DS platform. The screen resolution is different, and the control mechanism is changed from the joystick to the direction pad. There are additional buttons, which the code has been altered to allow for different firing speeds. So it's not exactly the original code at that point.

Much the same thing would be if the K2000 and KI2T existed and could be ran on the K3000 hardware. It'd be close, but not really KI2T.

GarthKnight08
FLAG Recruit

Post by GarthKnight08 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:10 am

madmanmalk wrote:It could have so simply be done, when they need a identical chipset they could have taken it from the old Ki2T. They could have wrapped the whole thing in one go. get in his garage, take the chip while a few casual memories pop up. maybe the old scanner turns on bi accident but nonethe less it could have been done. It boggles my mind why this show misses out on some really good opportunities.
Hello im the founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous) if you have problems with the lack of KI2T on modern television or just need to get some things about the original KITT off your chest we can help! Its done wonders for people!
Founder of OKA (Original KITT Anonymous)
If you need to get out feelings of loss for the Original KITT then we can help!

PunkMaister
FLAG Assistant

Post by PunkMaister » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:59 am

WIBoomer1 wrote:Please remember that the K2000 microprocessor was light years ahead of any other processor in that time period. It's not correct to try and compare apples to oranges, and in this case, it'd be like comparing a Mercury space capsule to the Space Shuttle. They both could go into space, but the capacities of each were extremely different.

But in going with my last post, the point is moot, since in this incaration, the K2000 never existed.

Let's say that the K2000 did exist. Much like we do with older software, the new system would probably have some sort of emulator to be able to run the old program. It wouldn't be a perfect seamless emulation, there would be slight variances, as the old program was not designed to be run on the newer hardware. For example, Galaga in the Namco Museum DS, and runs on the Nintendo DS platform. The screen resolution is different, and the control mechanism is changed from the joystick to the direction pad. There are additional buttons, which the code has been altered to allow for different firing speeds. So it's not exactly the original code at that point.

Much the same thing would be if the K2000 and KI2T existed and could be ran on the K3000 hardware. It'd be close, but not really KI2T.
Eureak at least someone else here besides me gets it!